Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 15, 2015 6:54 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Song of the Fairies~

My favorite part of the episode is the introduction Tartarus member specifically...Kyouka of the Nine Demon Gates during her conversation with Minerva.

More like a breather for the second half. I can't wait for the rest of this arc to get under way. I think the manga had more fan service though from where they adapted this episode.
May 15, 2015 7:30 PM
Feb 2015
Oh man the nine demon gates sounds really interesting!! Hopefully this is a very good arc.

I loved the Giants, they were so friendly and loving towards flare. I was hoping that she would join fairy tail after she visited her home, but she ended up staying... Looks like something big is going to happen with Minerva, she might turn to a demon it somthing.
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
May 15, 2015 7:37 PM

May 2014
Sucks that they cut the hot bath scene and only showed it for a second. I guess even the animators get tired of ecchi. Other than that I think it was well adapted. Minerva was scared but knowing her she probably either survived or escaped.
May 15, 2015 7:39 PM
Sep 2012
So this wrap up the Sun Village arc, seeing Natsu play with those giants it reminds me of stuff Luffy did in One Piece.

We see Flare and the giants have their moment and all of Flare's fan service glory, I am glad they keep that in. I didn't realize till now, Flare saying "I'm home", the same thing happens with another character at the end of the Tartarus arc, so things will come full circle, I wonder if that is what Hiro was trying to do?

The second of the nice demons Kyouka appears, and I don't know what to make of her voice, when I was reading the manga, I always had Freeza's voice in my head, she looked so much like him. Kyouka shows us she don't play around, she destroys all of Sccubus Eyes san Minerva, she don't need no weaklings. That is the attitude I want out of my villains. And things aren't looking good for Minvera.

Nice that we got to see the gang say goodbye to Flare and the giants, in the manga they just disappeared, so great to get closure.

We see a little bit of hot springs action, but not much like in the manga, why the censorship?

Anyway Warrod continues to be a troll with his jokes, I understand the others feel with the constant trolling.

So our heroes realize Tartarus is next, it ends with Natsu knocking out Erza, so we end on comedy, and we need comedy because things are about to get serious, we need a calm before the storm.

I liked this episode, I liked we got to see what happened to Flare unlike in the manga, but I hate that most of the hot springs stuff was cut. Oh well still an enjoyable episode.
May 15, 2015 7:43 PM

Dec 2009
Yay for anime censoring. Hope we get an uncut OVA at some point for this one since they cut out the hilarious hot spring scene with Natsu and Erza. At least the important stuff information wise remains intact. Looking forward to the Tartarus Arc truly starting next episode, shit hits the fan right away!
May 15, 2015 7:47 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Kyouka seems so vicious! As much as I wish that her enhancing magic would overwhelm Mineva, it'll most likely end up being beneficial to her.

Warrod's Joudan gimmick was pretty funny, although he tends to overuse it a bit.
So, what was the reward? That secret Onsen? I guess that counts since it did provide some decent fanservice. :9

Still not much clues about END, except that it possibly belongs to the dark guild of Tartarus. That's a probable cause.

Decent episode. I see Cobra in the PV so pretty hyped for next week!

May 15, 2015 7:48 PM

Aug 2014
Not much to say this episode. As of next, there will.
May 15, 2015 7:51 PM

May 2014
Vindstot said:
I see Cobra in the PV so pretty hyped for next week!

Oh yeah he did mention Tartaurus but that was so long ago. Glad fairy tail is keeping up with a bit of consistency
May 15, 2015 8:04 PM
Apr 2015
Song of the Fairies. Idk if i'm happy with the bath scene censoring or not. Hyped by Kyouka's introduction and PV. Tartaros trainwreck starts next week!!
May 15, 2015 8:17 PM

Jul 2010
A pretty nice reunion, happy for Flare and her big family.

Tartarus really is interesting, especially for Minerva's caliber to be that intimidated.

Warrod's jokes are... great in their own way. The melody being played too was great.

A crossover between Fairy Tail and Ninja Slayer should be made! The "Slayers" jokes might be quite fun.
May 15, 2015 8:37 PM

Dec 2013
So thankful they censored that scene!

That preview is pretty spoiler heavy...
May 15, 2015 8:50 PM

Dec 2014
In this episode: Groot fucks around with Team Natsu.

Start of Tartarus arc next episode! Looks pretty good.
May 15, 2015 9:00 PM

Jul 2014
The scenes with Flare and the giants were so touching :)

Introduced that demon b*tch Kyouka. Oh god I hate her so much...
May 15, 2015 9:30 PM
Mar 2015
Good episode, its weird how they were able to adapt 2 Chapters easily with adding filler
Next episode preview also shows that they have adapted 2 Chapters, and tartarus arc prologue was a 32 page Chapter
They are on terms with pacing
Also the colour is back
Next episode is pretty colourful
May 15, 2015 9:53 PM

Dec 2009
milkydean said:
Good episode, its weird how they were able to adapt 2 Chapters easily with adding filler
Next episode preview also shows that they have adapted 2 Chapters, and tartarus arc prologue was a 32 page Chapter
Also the colour is back

Actually I saw no content from the chapter after Tartarus Prologue, so it's all from the 32 page chapter.
May 15, 2015 10:06 PM

Jun 2013
Next week will be the start of something awesome!! Is is just me, or the colors seem more colorful?? Or I got used to this color pallet?
May 15, 2015 10:59 PM

Aug 2014
metsujin said:
Next week will be the start of something awesome!! Is is just me, or the colors seem more colorful?? Or I got used to this color pallet?

Different contrast maybe?
May 15, 2015 11:28 PM
Sep 2014
LOVED that scene where Minerva meets that Tartaros' member. I read the manga, but I couldn't be happier because I really like how this arc is being adapted. This promises to be good!

May 15, 2015 11:57 PM

Aug 2012
Looks like they skipped a lot of the hot spring scene. Whoop whoop Tartarus arc begins next week!
May 16, 2015 12:15 AM
Mar 2015
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
milkydean said:
Also the colour is back

Actually I saw no content from the chapter after Tartarus Prologue, so it's all from the 32 page chapter.

May 16, 2015 12:43 AM
Aug 2014
Well the way they've been making the anime I pretty much figured they'd cut out the way that last scene would of played out. There's no way they would've done it like they did in the manga during that hot springs moment. lol
May 16, 2015 1:06 AM
Jul 2018
That was a pretty nice conclusion to the Sun Village arc, I can't wait for the the start of my favourite arc in FT!!

The preview looks awesome as well!
May 16, 2015 2:04 AM

Oct 2014
Good end to a decent arc. Have high hopes for the Tartaros arc though :)
And lol @ Natsu's breakdown at the end xD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 16, 2015 2:42 AM

Sep 2014
Nice to see that side of Flare :3
Didn't expect they would cut so much of the hot spring scene..
Dem Warrod jokes can't stop laughing.
Finally we're going to see Tartarus in action, can't wait!
nerfxMay 16, 2015 10:30 AM
May 16, 2015 5:51 AM

Dec 2008
Absolutely loved the Flare x Giants reunion. So touching <3
UGHHHHHHHHHH!! While Silver's voice fit, Kyouka's is so bad ;---;
I was expecting something more mature+sultry. She sounds like a teenager.

Oh well.
Tartarus starts next ep~
May 16, 2015 6:26 AM

May 2015
`Now I really want to know what everyone means with 'the hot spring' scene

I liked this episode

May 16, 2015 7:11 AM

Dec 2009
milkydean said:
Aiko_Hiroshi said:

Actually we might have a chapter and a half adapted next episode. I doubt it will be a full 2 chapters given the length of the first chapter.
Aiko_HiroshiMay 16, 2015 7:14 AM
May 16, 2015 7:26 AM

Jun 2013
enough with the jokes old man!!
May 16, 2015 8:14 AM

May 2013
Natsu just beat up Erza like that. LOL!
Tartarus is almost upon us! I can't wait! Nine Demon Gates!
May 16, 2015 8:15 AM

Sep 2014
Yeah it was....an okay episode. Next week the real arc starts, much fun.
May 16, 2015 8:17 AM

Jan 2015
CreamZi said:
Natsu just beat up Erza like that. LOL!

Hahaha, RIP Natsu
May 16, 2015 9:40 AM
Mar 2015
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
milkydean said:

Actually we might have a chapter and a half adapted next episode. I doubt it will be a full 2 chapters given the length of the first chapter.

May 16, 2015 9:41 AM
Oct 2013
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
Yay for anime censoring. Hope we get an uncut OVA at some point for this one since they cut out the hilarious hot spring scene with Natsu and Erza. At least the important stuff information wise remains intact. Looking forward to the Tartarus Arc truly starting next episode, shit hits the fan right away!

Seriously you are annoyied by this?

I actually thought of ragequitting the series when I read this chapter. It was the absolute depth of anything Hiro ever wrote. This was again a testiment about why Fairy Tail is very often a shitseries. If it wasn´t for Rave I would have dropped that shit along time ago. But I know Hiro can do better if he wants.
I must only type in One Piece or Toriko into the search bar of Mal and I will find alot, alot of Hentai who could satisfy my need for drawn naked women. There is no point in a chapter like this.
May 16, 2015 10:14 AM
Dec 2014
Isterio said:
Aiko_Hiroshi said:

I actually thought of ragequitting the series when I read this chapter. It was the absolute depth of anything Hiro ever wrote. This was again a testiment about why Fairy Tail is very often a shitseries. If it wasn´t for Rave I would have dropped that shit along time ago. But I know Hiro can do better if he wants.
I must only type in One Piece or Toriko into the search bar of Mal and I will find alot, alot of Hentai who could satisfy my need for drawn naked women. There is no point in a chapter like this.

Me reading everyone else's comments: Well this is surprisingly civilized and professional for MAL.

Me reading your comment: Oh there it is.
May 16, 2015 10:57 AM

Dec 2009
Isterio said:
Aiko_Hiroshi said:

You're just a sad little thing huh? Don't force your viewpoints on others, just because you're not fond of fan service doesn't automatically make it bad. Please, go rage elsewhere.
May 16, 2015 6:51 PM

Jan 2015
I'm hyped af for the Tartarus Arc.
Here's hoping that Flare joins Lamia Scale to be with Toby.
May 17, 2015 12:34 AM

Nov 2014
Aww Flare crying from happiness T^T

Lol Warrod is a troll. xD "A potato from my fields!"

Also, unrelated, I wonder if we'll ever get any back story on Levy...
May 17, 2015 1:34 AM

May 2012
I'm glad Flare had being welcomed home by the giants :'3
And even though I haven't read the manga, but I was shown the page where Natsu had beaten Erza by accident and wow...much ecchi-er in the manga (http://www.mangatown.com/manga/fairy_tail/v38/c355/21.html) xD

May 17, 2015 5:10 AM

Aug 2014
Episodes like this one, are my favorite ones. Specially those ones which tell us about Mavis or the beginning of Fairy Tail. But these is nor the limit of my favorite episodes... One of them is when the daughter of Ur uses her magic to come back to a few minutes to the past to save everyone. Those are very special and sentimental episodes. ^.^
Of course we also have the most ones of battle during each arc of story.
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
May 17, 2015 6:34 AM

Jun 2014
Finally we are getting the proluege of the Tartaros arc
May 17, 2015 8:52 AM
Jan 2012
Good episode. The weather is starting to warm up.
I hope good fights in the coming episodes.
May 17, 2015 11:47 AM
Dec 2010

i see what they did here
May 17, 2015 9:16 PM

Jan 2015
^ Episode 9 nostalgia
May 18, 2015 2:34 PM

May 2014
Oh, come on. Why did they censor or change the best part. I mean we saw all the girls in the hot bath. We could as well see that part in the hot bath just like in the manga. Why did they change it. :((

Much more erotic and nice to see that he shows the FT mark in the hot bath than on a field. ^^

Comparison

Manga: '

Anime:

I mean this anime is ecchi enough. I don't know why they changed the place. :/ Maybe it went a little overboard. LOL. I guess kids are watching too. :3 haha
May 18, 2015 3:13 PM
May 2015
That music when Warrod showed his mark though!
There were allot of touching moments in this ep. :)
May 20, 2015 12:09 AM

Nov 2014
The manga is ecchi so thats a plus, the anime is more of a family friendly experience which means less ecchi parts. I am saddend when they cut the scenes from the manga and did their own take.
I got to see Kyouka, I preferred her to the manga since she was more TOP Heavy there, lets see how she and the others play out.

Can't wait for the Tartarus Arc to start.
May 20, 2015 6:32 AM

Nov 2011
I am probably alone on this, but I was actually VERY happy with the change for the anime in terms of the bath scene. I HATED the Natsu Erza scene in the manga- It was just kinda creepy and seemed very out of character for both characters. So I was happy that was gone. Also happy that we didn't have to see Wendy being naked. The only scene I am VERY sad to have lost was the scene where Lucy freaks out and covers herself up and Natsu and Gray just look at her like "We've seen you naked a million times it doesn't matter now." It was actually kinda cute, oddly enough, so I'm sad that wasn't in the anime.

Excited and fearful for the Tartaros arc to be animated. Buuut in a few episodes I get to see my beautiful OTP scene animated at long last~ ♥
May 20, 2015 11:12 AM
Dec 2014
^ Seeing Wendy naked would've made this arc. It seriously should've happened. ;_;
May 20, 2015 3:43 PM

Aug 2012
[b][i][size=125]Hoping that this Tartaros arc actually goes somewhere lol[/b][/i][/size]
May 20, 2015 7:51 PM

Nov 2011
dmasterxd said:
^ Seeing Wendy naked would've made this arc. It seriously should've happened. ;_;

Please seek professional help. Wendy is a pre-pubescent child and if you have a sexual interest in her you need to see a professional about this.

Also the chapter had very little showing her, you just saw her bare back and knew she was naked.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» animation

0megaH - Feb 28, 2022

12 by Cristiano456 »»
Apr 4, 7:19 PM

» Why the hate ( 1 2 )

StrayDogYato - May 13, 2021

50 by filthyfrank8142 »»
Mar 26, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2014

107 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2014

136 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2014

121 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:25 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.