Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
May 13, 2015 11:35 PM

Jun 2009
Werchiel said:

insan3Inquisitor said:

Nah, I'll probably do it before then.

I take it you liked DA: Inquisiton then.

I am obviously one of the few on this site.

Also, fucking lol at whoever said the game as it is now looks like a cartoon. That's just blatant bullshit.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
May 14, 2015 12:00 AM

Jan 2008
insan3Inquisitor said:
Werchiel said:

I take it you liked DA: Inquisiton then.

I am obviously one of the few on this site.

Also, fucking lol at whoever said the game as it is now looks like a cartoon. That's just blatant bullshit.

I liked it too. Had a PS3 version though so I cursed at it quite a lot.

Seeing the trailer - it didn't look like a cartoon to me.
May 14, 2015 12:20 AM

Nov 2008
I didn't say that it looks like a cartoon. I said that it looks MORE LIKE a cartoon. And that's because of the high saturation and reduced detail. It looks worse than The Witcher 2 in places.

May 14, 2015 1:40 AM

Feb 2008
http://www.polygon.com/2015/5/13/8533059/the-witcher-3-review-wild-hunt-PC-PS4-Xbox-one

SJWs already complaining how there aren't any black people in fantasy Poland. God these people are mentally handicapped haha.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
May 14, 2015 2:59 AM

Dec 2013
PrimeX said:
cruzateu said:
Maybe one day if it gets positive remarks by everybody
lol do you think such game exists?

Poor choice of words.
->universally aclaimed
May 14, 2015 3:01 AM

Jan 2008
cruzateu said:
PrimeX said:
lol do you think such game exists?

Poor choice of words.
->universally aclaimed

You are missing out on a lot if those are the only games you play.
May 14, 2015 3:16 AM

Oct 2013
I played the first two games. I won't buy the Witcher 3, because I'm looking for a good RPG. Not just an action-adventure with medicore rpg-elements.
May 14, 2015 2:38 PM

Dec 2013
Werchiel said:
cruzateu said:

Poor choice of words.
->universally aclaimed

I don't hve money to waste though, of course i do. But i do get the best ones.

ONCE, i did wrong and went with the hype, skyrim never left the box after the second time i played it. so bad
May 14, 2015 4:07 PM

Feb 2008
Looks like another Dragon Age Inquisition with a bloated story and 100 hours of fetch quests. I didn't care for The Witcher 2 anyway and thought the story was incredibly generic and boring. I'll pass for now and spend my money on other things.
May 14, 2015 8:55 PM

Jun 2008
People been talking about the sex being crazy. XD
May 14, 2015 11:54 PM

Jun 2009
Retro8bit said:

Well, there is some fairly crazy stuff in the books. One of which apparently made it into the game or at least the prop.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
May 15, 2015 1:10 AM

Jan 2008
cruzateu said:
Werchiel said:

I don't hve money to waste though, of course i do. But i do get the best ones.

ONCE, i did wrong and went with the hype, skyrim never left the box after the second time i played it. so bad

It wouldn't really work for me but I do actually like games that aren't in the main stream like Resonance of Fate or Mana Khemia (it is a little better known here but in general gaming community it's rare as fk). And on the other side - GTA5 was critically acclaimed. Me - I just finished it once (took me about 25 hours) and I don't even plan on going back. I understand it's a good game but it's just not my type of game. There are also quite a lot of games that weren't getting favorable reviews and yet I loved them. I suppose I'm lucky I don't have to be picky because of money.

insan3Inquisitor said:
Retro8bit said:

Well, there is some fairly crazy stuff in the books. One of which apparently made it into the game or at least the prop.

Last time I read the books was a while ago but I don't really remember anything too fucked up. I mean there were a few instances but nothing really that weird. What I loved the most is how the mythology/literature was twisted to fit the world. Like when Geralt got a sword from a lady in the lake (arturian legends) or when he was dealing with Alina and Balladyna from "Balladyna" by Juliusz Słowacki. I like how those things are put into the story (be it books or games) and fleshed.
Also - it makes me feel smart whenever I get from what book or myth or whatever it originally came from :D
May 15, 2015 4:25 AM

Oct 2014
The hype is pretty big. The first official reviews are all VERY positive, the game is indeed in the universally acclaimed category. The reviews I've seen so far are all 9/10 and above.
May 15, 2015 10:15 AM

Jun 2009
Werchiel said:

insan3Inquisitor said:

Last time I read the books was a while ago but I don't really remember anything too fucked up. I mean there were a few instances but nothing really that weird. What I loved the most is how the mythology/literature was twisted to fit the world. Like when Geralt got a sword from a lady in the lake (arturian legends) or when he was dealing with Alina and Balladyna from "Balladyna" by Juliusz Słowacki. I like how those things are put into the story (be it books or games) and fleshed.
Also - it makes me feel smart whenever I get from what book or myth or whatever it originally came from :D

By crazy, I didn't really mean fucked up though. I meant funny, actually.

Ah, I thought the book "Lady of the Lake" may have been referring to that. Pretty cool. I'm only on Time of Contempt, but I'm looking forward to that.

- Geralt of Rivia
May 15, 2015 11:02 AM

Nov 2014
The Witcher series has the type of atmosphere I like in an RPG.

It's super refreshing not having to play as your typical teenager that awakens to some untold power.

Instead, you're a grizzly middle aged veteran that sleeps with prostitutes and slays monsters for money.

The "Hard" modes in the Witcher series have always been rather challenging. Forcing you to rely on the potions and items you crafted just to have a chance in combat. I found myself having to plan for battles ahead of time.

The company behind The Witcher has always packed a lot of content into their games... nothing is left out, which is a breath of fresh air when everyone else is greedy for DLC.
May 15, 2015 11:08 AM

Sep 2011
Democracy said:
I'm not hyped at all, the only games that survive the ridiculous amount of hype that one is getting are made my Bethesda or From Software. The Witcher isn't made by them.

Whaaat?!?! Bethesda have made their fair share of shit games. Even their main line games like Elder Scrolls and Fallout have never lived up to the hype. Skyrim was a boring sandbox, unless you played it on the PC and Fallout 3 was a bug riddled mess. Fun games but hardly groundbreaking. I'll give you FromSoft though.

CDProjekt has so far always delivered. So yeah, I'm hyped.
May 15, 2015 3:51 PM

May 2013
Pre-ordered for 20% off.
Played 1st and 2nd. So yeah.
May 15, 2015 3:53 PM

May 2014
Just watched a vid that came out today or yesterday, it looks fucking nice. Yes I'm hyped.
May 15, 2015 8:14 PM

Jul 2013
A friend told me that region 3 will get the censored version. Fuck that dude I found out that only the middle east will have the censored version. What's the 16 hours of freaking mo-cap sex scene for if they will censor it? I'm so glad I'm not living there. Also they're doing this countdown in their facebook page who would not be hyped? damn CDPR
May 17, 2015 12:48 PM

Jun 2008
saw game trailers review of witcher 3

dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyum

probably wont get to play this til end of the year but dat hype is too real
May 17, 2015 1:08 PM

Oct 2007
Just preloaded the game and ready to go!
May 17, 2015 2:08 PM

Jun 2009
tulongest said:
Just preloaded the game and ready to go!

Yeah, I'm going to be all over it as soon as it unlocks.

- Geralt of Rivia
May 18, 2015 2:21 AM
May 2009
TheFoolOfCaim said:
^ Filthy casual

Yes, I'm hyped. I still want to play the first Witcher before trekking this one though.

They made it so you can play with out the first. you get to make the decision of what happen in the first game through your recollection.
May 18, 2015 2:28 AM

May 2014
shintai88 said:

They made it so you can play with out the first. you get to make the decision of what happen in the first game through your recollection.

It's just the major events so it'll be new player friendly.
A lot of other details will be imported through the save and is more immersive that way for people who played the previous games.

13 hours left, can't wait!
May 18, 2015 2:38 AM
May 2009
Democracy said:
It's not about being casual its the truth, those are the ONLY companies that are capable of making games that live up to their hype. And From Software who make the Souls series and Bloodborne is hardly casual,

I would agree with you, if only I didn't get bored of skyrim after I suffered multiple crashes during the whiterun battle. I gave up after that.

Re tried the game with patches and mods, but the game just didn't feel interesting anymore. Mainly cause the story doesn't allow you to make any big decisions that would affect the main ending in any meaningful way. (Mainly due to the fact there is limited endings.)

The Fallout franchaise on the other hand was much more interesting, I actually had some attachment to towns and settlements and even factions, Which is stranger considering I tend to enjoy medieval RPG's more than modern or futuristic settings.

I am looking forward to see what Fallout 4 will be like.

From software games are fine, the only problem is I want more of a RPG like element in my game. I mean building stats and surviving and trying not to die is fun, but without any strong character content it gets kinda dull. Though this is mainly cause I am more story over gameplay person at times.
May 18, 2015 2:39 AM
May 2009
Sxsxarael said:
shintai88 said:

It's just the major events so it'll be new player friendly.
A lot of other details will be imported through the save and is more immersive that way for people who played the previous games.

13 hours left, can't wait!

Oh you can import saves? I had no idea. Haven't been keeping with the game since my PC died and can't be bothered to fix or upgrade it.

Atleast until a few more High end games are released and I can get a Graphics card for a decent price that can play all of them at High or Ultra graphic settings.
May 18, 2015 8:57 AM

Aug 2014
NudeBear said:
Idk why it fucking matters. Look at those game-play trailers, the game looks fucking amazing. Unlike fucking Skyrim the combat actually looks fun and gratifying.

And yeah, Souls series is no longer considered niche. Might have been the case when Demon's Souls was the only entry to the franchise, but now after the success of Dark Sous and Bloodborne; it's mainstream as fuck. Doesn't mean they're bad though. They're still great games, but sorry man, they're no longer considered to be niche titles. Now if we're talking about From Soft's mecha titles like Armored Core, Another Century's Episode, and rpgs like Enchanted Arms then yes; they are niche titles.

Lmao. Dark Souls and Bloodborne may be mainstream, but buddy, wanna compare difficulties and enjoyment?
May 18, 2015 9:01 AM

Aug 2013
Crips said:
NudeBear said:
Idk why it fucking matters. Look at those game-play trailers, the game looks fucking amazing. Unlike fucking Skyrim the combat actually looks fun and gratifying.

And yeah, Souls series is no longer considered niche. Might have been the case when Demon's Souls was the only entry to the franchise, but now after the success of Dark Sous and Bloodborne; it's mainstream as fuck. Doesn't mean they're bad though. They're still great games, but sorry man, they're no longer considered to be niche titles. Now if we're talking about From Soft's mecha titles like Armored Core, Another Century's Episode, and rpgs like Enchanted Arms then yes; they are niche titles.

Lmao. Dark Souls and Bloodborne may be mainstream, but buddy, wanna compare difficulties and enjoyment?

Haven't played Bloodborne yet, but to be honest Dark Souls isn't really that hard of a game. The difficulty is overrated.
May 18, 2015 9:11 AM

Aug 2014
Fantasee said:
Crips said:

Haven't played Bloodborne yet, but to be honest Dark Souls isn't really that hard of a game. The difficulty is overrated.

It is when you run through the game as a lvl 50 theif :P
May 18, 2015 9:18 AM

Aug 2013
Crips said:
Fantasee said:

Haha, I haven't challenged myself to the game like that. Yeah, I can definitely imagine that giving anybody a hard time though.

I should add that I do think Dark Souls is definitely more challenging than your average game, but once you learn how the game is supposed to be played, and you overcome that learning curve, it got a lot easier IMO.

For my money, Demon's Souls is the hardest Souls game. Having your health cut to 50% every time you die is brutal. There wasn't any checkpoints in Demon's Souls, either (although the worlds were smaller).
May 18, 2015 9:25 AM

Aug 2013
Sorry for hi-jacking your thread with Souls talk, NudeBear. lol

More on-topic: this video had me rolling.
May 18, 2015 9:25 AM

Aug 2014
Fantasee said:
Crips said:

Haha, I haven't challenged myself to the game like that. Yeah, I can definitely imagine that giving anybody a hard time though.

I should add that I do think Dark Souls is definitely more challenging than your average game, but once you learn how the game is supposed to be played, and you overcome that learning curve, it got a lot easier IMO.

For my money, Demon's Souls is the hardest Souls game. Having your health cut to 50% every time you die is brutal. There wasn't any checkpoints in Demon's Souls, either (although the worlds were smaller).

Oh ya, demon souls had more rage quitters throughout the first dungeon than Dark souls did lol. It's just in these types of games, once you die more than 5 times , you realize the path to victory.
May 18, 2015 4:34 PM
May 2015
yo i would love to play the game but way to expensive and cheapest thing is GOG, speaking of which GoG glaxay beta rolled out its a client but has a lot of setting control only thing i dont like the lack of inde games. BUT witcher 3 is $46 full price on GoG btw.

P.S sry if i went off topic just thought u guys may wanna know
May 18, 2015 4:53 PM

Apr 2015
^its $60 on GOG right now, my friend bought it for me for around 30 euros, played and hour and its pretty good so far.
May 18, 2015 6:42 PM

Aug 2014
whoever got/played witcher 3 already, feedback pls
May 18, 2015 6:46 PM

Mar 2015
Crips said:

The game is fun, the graphics are downgraded. So it's a mixed bag.

They've made an excellent game, but they've sacificed their trustworthyness by their dishonesty.

My opinion anyways. The default controls can be a bit eeeh. You basically need to relearn some stuff, but they're more or less the same.
If you didn't like the combat in the Witcher 2 you won't like this one most likely.
May 18, 2015 6:54 PM

Aug 2014
Sir_Chasm said:
Crips said:

They've made an excellent game, but they've sacificed their trustworthyness by their dishonesty.

My opinion anyways. The default controls can be a bit eeeh. You basically need to relearn some stuff, but they're more or less the same.
If you didn't like the combat in the Witcher 2 you won't like this one most likely.

Mmmm... curious to feel out the controls on my ps4. but i'll play the pc version mainly. So in your opinion, it's 50/50 gameplay? I see.. thanks!
May 18, 2015 7:01 PM

Mar 2015
Crips said:
Mmmm... curious to feel out the controls on my ps4. but i'll play the pc version mainly. So in your opinion, it's 50/50 gameplay? I see.. thanks!

The gameplay is more or less the same as before, but different controls. like in the default options mouse button 1 is a fast attack, shift + mb1 is a strong attack. But you have a lot of the same stuff as before, bombs etc. You can aim with your bombs now so they're more useful now, and you can dodge without having to roll.

But it's more or less the same. I haven't gotten the crossbow yet so I can't say how much it affects anything.
May 18, 2015 7:09 PM

Aug 2014
Sir_Chasm said:
Crips said:

The gameplay is more or less the same as before, but different controls. like in the default options mouse button 1 is a fast attack, shift + mb1 is a strong attack. But you have a lot of the same stuff as before, bombs etc. You can aim with your bombs now so they're more useful now, and you can dodge without having to roll.

But it's more or less the same. I haven't gotten the crossbow yet so I can't say how much it affects anything.

The campaign difficult? More harder than 1 and 2?
May 18, 2015 7:12 PM

Mar 2015
Crips said:

I haven't played that much, I would place it at about the same.
It all depends on what difficulty level you pick of course. But yeah, more or less the same. Then again, I remember ghouls being harder than they were.

Heck I might be tempted to say that it might be slightly easier.
May 18, 2015 7:17 PM

Aug 2014
Sir_Chasm said:
Crips said:

I haven't played that much, I would place it at about the same.
It all depends on what difficulty level you pick of course. But yeah, more or less the same. Then again, I remember ghouls being harder than they were.

Heck I might be tempted to say that it might be slightly easier.

That so? Hmm.... was hoping for a challenge even on the hardest difficulty. It's all good, at least the game sounds enjoyable. What I'm wishing for the most lol.
May 19, 2015 2:58 AM

Oct 2007
Haven't gotten addicted to a game in so long that isn't a visual novel. Great game! :)
May 19, 2015 3:10 AM

Aug 2013
Played both the witcher 1 and 2 for a little while but honestly couldn't get into them and I have no clue why I just found myself bored. I guess for some odd reason this game even though it has the ingredients of what I like simply doesn't do it for me.
May 19, 2015 3:11 AM

Apr 2013
The only thing I know about this game is

I still have to play the witcher 2 I got for free from games with gold on the 360. If I like it, I'll put part 3 on a backlog for whenever I buy a PS4 or Xboxone.
May 19, 2015 3:23 AM

Nov 2014
Sir_Chasm said:
Crips said:

They did? It looks pretty good to me.

Anyway I really like it so far. My first game in months :)
May 19, 2015 3:47 AM

Jul 2013
Hey for those who are playing tw3 now tell me about the sex scene in the beginning. I heard 15 seconds in the intro and there's a sex scene already. I play in our living room and I can't let anyone see any nsfw content. And how about the game saving? Can we save anytime?
May 19, 2015 9:41 AM

Aug 2014
PrimeX said:
Hey for those who are playing tw3 now tell me about the sex scene in the beginning. I heard 15 seconds in the intro and there's a sex scene already. I play in our living room and I can't let anyone see any nsfw content. And how about the game saving? Can we save anytime?

F5 for quick save. Go to town with it.

They did slightly change it for this game.

Autosaves have slots (so they get overwritten, instead of filling your disk space), so does quicksave.

You can overwrite/delete manually saved games from the save game panel.

Other than that, loving the game so far. Wish it would be longer lol . Im enjoying the Allies and enemies, the new and upgraded equipment and the monster hunting. Overall its looking good with the free roam too. But what ticks me off is the inhabitants.. hit you out of nowhere lol.
llewerafMay 19, 2015 9:44 AM
May 19, 2015 11:00 AM

May 2013
Sir_Chasm said:

My graphics look amazing, what setting are you running on? o-o

PrimeX said:

Not really a sex scene, you see Yennefer naked sitting on a chair, back showing, only shows ass. And then she gets dress. Not much lol
May 19, 2015 11:02 AM
May 2015
Why r u like this game?
May 19, 2015 11:14 AM

Mar 2015
busydude said:
Sir_Chasm said:

My graphics look amazing, what setting are you running on? o-o

Oh don't get me wrong, the game looks great, but there has been a downgrade of graphics if you compare early gameplay footage with the final product. The game is fun, my only complaint is that the developers lied. They claimed that there was no downgrade.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Gacha Survey ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 11

64 by Shizuna »»
1 hour ago

» your video game waifu or husbando

deg - May 7

11 by Shizuna »»
3 hours ago

» Are We Headed For Another Video Game Crash?

Retro8bit - Mar 15

31 by Soverign »»
7 hours ago

» What was the very first video game you ever played? As well your first game console?

Kazeninjaryu1 - May 5

24 by cody »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Do you play GTA San Andreas? What's your most favorite San Andreas city or county?

IAmOdie - Yesterday

1 by Adnash »»
Yesterday, 1:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.