Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Apr 23, 2015 10:49 AM

Aug 2010
sheidesu said:

SO WHO IS THIS KID? Is it Kabuto’s son? Grandson? Orochimaru’s grandson? KABUTO AND OROCHIMARU’S SON?! :)) TELL MEEEEEEEEE

Hanabi and Moonfag's son.
Apr 23, 2015 10:52 AM

Apr 2015
Really enjoyed the first chapter.I hope we focus a bit more on Sarada,and the other members of the new generation.
Apr 23, 2015 11:25 AM

Jan 2014
CloudStrifeFFVII said:
IzayaUzumaki said:
by the way, what happened to yamato? the wood jutsu guy with 1st hokages dna o.o

He's going to fix Sakura's house.
Thats a better explanation then none at all lol

Apr 23, 2015 11:29 AM

Sep 2014
Thats Kubo level trolling. Quite the feat actually o:
Apr 23, 2015 11:29 AM

Apr 2011
Seriously? You're falling for that old trick? And you're calling Sakura pathetic (and if, in the off chance you're right, then that actually makes her pretty goddamn amazing).

Overall, the chapter was nice. And well, I suppose the teams are done: Bolt, Salad and blue-haired kid and Shikadai, Inojin and Chocho. As for the sensei, Konohamaru for Bolt's squad and maybe Mirai for Shikadai's squad.
TyrelApr 23, 2015 2:34 PM
Apr 23, 2015 11:31 AM

Sep 2013
Kishi what you doing? LOL
Really nice way to start the miniseries.
Apr 23, 2015 11:41 AM

Feb 2015
In all seriousness. What if Sarada is not sasuke's child?

What if.... WHAT IF ITS THE RAMEN GUY?

You know he like the Uzumakis. Naruto was his favourite customer.
Hello
Apr 23, 2015 11:41 AM

Mar 2009
LMAO. I'm going to laugh so hard if Sakura's isn't actually Sarada's mother. After all the shit Sasuke did to her, she even takes care of his kid...
Sakura really is one of the worst characters ever created.

All in all, I feel bad for Sarada. Sasuke's a shit father? Shocking.
Apr 23, 2015 12:37 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
sheidesu said:

SO WHO IS THIS KID? Is it Kabuto’s son? Grandson? Orochimaru’s grandson? KABUTO AND OROCHIMARU’S SON?! :)) TELL MEEEEEEEEE
Willing to bet anything that it's Oro in disguise
Apr 23, 2015 12:38 PM

Oct 2008
whaaat!!?!?? only 10 chapters...lame...

Apr 23, 2015 12:38 PM

Sep 2014
SAKURA CUCKD
YAYAYAYAYAYAYA
KISHI I LOVE YOU ONCE AGAIN
Apr 23, 2015 1:27 PM

Jun 2008
Lichtspiel said:
Oh, so Sasuke is barely even at home...that fits him. But I thought he might stay longer at times...so what is he doing all the time?
Karin and Salada do look really similar, but I don't think she is Salada's mother. That would be strange. Really strange.
Let me go off this theory. Just throwing ideas out there.
1) Karin and Sasuke did have a relationship and created Salada.
2) Sasuke is truly married to Sakura.
3) Something happened to Karin that caused Salada to be raised by Sakura. Or Sasuke told Sakura a lie about what happened to Karin and thus Sakura raised his daughter.
4) Karin is alive and Sasuke find Sakura annoying and would rather spend time with her, just popping in to the Hidden Village to see how Salada is doing.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Apr 23, 2015 1:33 PM

Jan 2008
Every1XplodeNOW said:
Who is the light blue hair kid? I don't remember him from the last Naruto chapter...

Probably some random academy student.
BlaineApr 23, 2015 1:38 PM
Apr 23, 2015 1:45 PM

Mar 2013
http://bato.to/read/_/317514/naruto-gaiden-nanadaime-hokage-to-akairo-no-hanatsuzuki_v01_ch1_by_c1v1-no-fansub/4 ...that boy next to boruto...whose son is that?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 23, 2015 1:46 PM
May 2013
Wow, I though it ended.... well let see how this last for as it min-series though...
Have Great Day =)
Animekid3

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Apr 23, 2015 1:59 PM

Mar 2015
lol kishimoto is such a pro troller.
Apr 23, 2015 1:59 PM

Dec 2011
Didn't expect Kishi to make Sarada the main character of this chapter... and the plot twist in the end. Lol. I really don't mind if Karin is the real mother. Hahaha. Uzumaki and Uchiha's genes. My goodness.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 23, 2015 2:00 PM

Aug 2012
All the Sakura fans be disliking the chapter! ಠ益ಠ

Apr 23, 2015 2:08 PM

Mar 2015
So Sarada really might be Karin's kid, decent chapter.
Apr 23, 2015 2:16 PM

Sep 2013
How I missed reading naruto weekly :(
Why can't it be a new series instead of a mini series? urghhhhhhhhhh :(

Sarada is Karin's daughter, but Sakura is taking care of her, and there's another girl who's Sakura's daughter, but Karin is taking care of her.
Apr 23, 2015 2:46 PM
Oct 2013
ichii_1 said:

Sarada is Karin's daughter, but Sakura is taking care of her, and there's another girl who's Sakura's daughter, but Karin is taking care of her.

Ichi, if it wasn´t from you, I´d think another idiot joined the ranks but your trolling is legendary.
Apr 23, 2015 2:50 PM

Aug 2014
Huh... okay. Well, I guess I'll start off saying I really like Sarada - she seems like a unique character, not a clone of her parents and isn't afraid to ask and try to clear her doubts. She's level-headed, isn't as standoffish as Sasuke, nor overly friendly. It's too bad this Gaiden is only 10 chapters.

While I don't know what's actually going on, I do know that this is no more than Kishimoto's attempt at bringing back the shippers to the series - for more $, of course. It's kind amusing how so many people got caught by the drama bait.

4/5
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Apr 23, 2015 2:54 PM

Nov 2012
Sarada has some daddy issues.

RIP house.

Karin actually her mom probably most likely. Wonder if Karin is dead?

Ohh and what a coincidence Sasuke happens to be heading to Konoha.
Apr 23, 2015 3:05 PM
Oct 2013
Maledict said:
Huh... okay. Well, I guess I'll start off saying I really like Sarada - she seems like a unique character, not a clone of her parents and isn't afraid to ask and try to clear her doubts. She's level-headed, isn't as standoffish as Sasuke, nor overly friendly. It's too bad this Gaiden is only 10 chapters.

While I don't know what's actually going on, I do know that this is no more than Kishimoto's attempt at bringing back the shippers to the series - for more $, of course. It's kind amusing how so many people got caught by the drama bait.

4/5

Why would he need money when he makes around 30 million a year.
Wasting his time to write 10 chapters?
Don´t come up with money arguments for Jump magaka with serialized publications.

To be honest if you look clearly into Sarada she is a mixure of her parents, Kishi just managed to showcase both sites of their characteristics better because of the longer screentime she had yet.

The shipping argument is bullshit. The parentel issues are more an attempt to create conflict for the story, since the violence is pretty much gone (the children aren´t affected, the little that´s left get´s handled by the grownups), read the Novels for more clarification why the violence is gone, that´s why Karui mentions in 700 that the children don´t need to learn combos.

Boruto can use Kagebunshin already pre graduation, which is why I thnk the roles will get reversed this time. Bolt will be the arrogant genius and Sarada the "talentless" Uchiha. Although Boruto mirrors Narutos behaviour, he may also have characteristics of his uncle we don´t know yet.
The conflict mirrors Kishis own experiences with his children. Becausehe lacks time to see his sons due to work he wanted to implement that relationship within Naruto.

The whole tension regarding the daddy issues may get resolved next chapter and just function as a plot device to make Sarada awaken Sharingan.
While at the same time Sasuke´s parenting may get revisited and create conflict between handling his redemption/cleansing of the world while trying to be a parental figure.
IsterioApr 23, 2015 3:16 PM
Apr 23, 2015 3:13 PM

Jan 2015
I knew Sarada's actually Karin's real daughter, but it still hasn't been confirmed about who's Sarada's real mother yet. However, I hope her real mother's Karin, not Sakura because her personality and look with her glasses are more like Karin and Sasuke to me than Sakura and Sasuke. I'm not a fan of SasukeXSakura pairing since their relationship became mixed and kind of distant (I'm not good at explaining XD, but they know about Sasuke never saw Sakura more than a friend and almost killed her too), which is why I hope Sakura's not her real mother. I noticed that she has the exact same glasses as Karin too.

I agree with Sarada about whether or not Sakura's his "wife", Sakura didn't wear her wedding ring with one of her hands, or does the wedding rings exist in Naruto universe or not?

Sakura really needs to learn how to control her damn temper before she smashes anything to pieces around Konoha.
Apr 23, 2015 3:16 PM

Feb 2013
sheidesu said:

Let's take a break from the Uchiha melodrama to congratulate Orochimaru and Kabuto on their beautiful son. We were all waiting for this day to come :') I hope we get wedding flashbacks. Pls deliver kishi
Apr 23, 2015 3:50 PM

May 2013
Absolutely loved and enjoyed this! So glad to have the Naruto manga back, even if it is just a spinoff I'm glad! Great and interesting chapter. Loved seeing Boruto and Naruto play and train together. It's so surreal to see the Naruto characters who we saw as kids, have their own kids. I really can't believe it. Really enjoyed the Sarada content, she's a really interesting character I'm glad the spotlight this chapter was on her. LOL I can't believe that Sasuke is such a horrible father never even seeing his own daughter. AND THAT ENDING THO! ....

LOL Sarada isn't even Sakura's daughter, it's Karins LOL. Amazing ending. 5/5 really loved this, I enjoyed reading it.

Apr 23, 2015 4:06 PM

Sep 2011
Hahahahahahaha Sakura.
Apr 23, 2015 4:23 PM

Jan 2012
I felt so nostalgic reading this, I missed Naruto.
I want a good explanation to why Sasuke never met his daughter. I mean, seriously? And some people thought Naruto was a shitty dad.
I don't even wanna say about anything about that ending. When people finally stopped saying this, Kishimoto brings this back, oh god. Overall good chapter.
Apr 23, 2015 4:36 PM
Apr 2013
Just gonna say this to all the people who doubt sakura x sasuke, go read naruto chapter 699, sasuke says that he would see her soon and poked her forhead meaning that he has feelings for her and he says thank you after that. ALSO just because their immediate family doesn't have glasses doesn't mean their kid wont, it might be in one of their family's that have bad eyes :/
Apr 23, 2015 4:52 PM

Dec 2013
BreakerWave said:
Just gonna say this to all the people who doubt sakura x sasuke, go read naruto chapter 699, sasuke says that he would see her soon and poked her forhead meaning that he has feelings for her and he says thank you after that.

That doesn't mean anything really. Why would he possibly have any romantic intentions at that point lol
Apr 23, 2015 5:03 PM
Mar 2015
ichii_1 said:

Say what you want but look how he has us all hooked on the bs again
I mean what is this total manga genre change

Salad get props for confronting her mother on this instead of being emo about it like they do in america

Next issue we find out sakura is a heavy drinker, to wash away her sauske sadness
Apr 23, 2015 5:07 PM
Apr 2013
G_Spark233 said:
BreakerWave said:
Just gonna say this to all the people who doubt sakura x sasuke, go read naruto chapter 699, sasuke says that he would see her soon and poked her forhead meaning that he has feelings for her and he says thank you after that.

That doesn't mean anything really. Why would he possibly have any romantic intentions at that point lol

Yet hes shown 0 interest in Karin. im just saying that there has been development and you are all looking not far enough in, we don't know Sakura's family or sasukes other than his parents so who are we to say that one of them didn't have bad eye site? ;p also idk why you all hate sakura with a passion, not like shes weak in the slightest.
Apr 23, 2015 6:01 PM
Jun 2013
ichii_1 said:

I bet if this mini series makes bank and the money does well I can see it becoming an ongoing thing.
Apr 23, 2015 6:12 PM

Dec 2013
BreakerWave said:
G_Spark233 said:

Yet hes shown 0 interest in Karin. im just saying that there has been development and you are all looking not far enough in, we don't know Sakura's family or sasukes other than his parents so who are we to say that one of them didn't have bad eye sight? ;p also idk why you all hate sakura with a passion, not like shes weak in the slightest.

He's shown 0 interest in both characters

I agree that there has been development from I don't give a shit about to Sakura to I'm gonna kill this bitch and then back to I don't give a shit.

We have met Sakura's parents who don't have bad eye sight but yea that's all we really know about her family. She hasn't got any special background so she was never destined to become anything special. Which might be the reason she is so useless. She is definitely strong but still somehow useless.
Apr 23, 2015 6:20 PM
Apr 2013
G_Spark233 said:
BreakerWave said:

Yet hes shown 0 interest in Karin. im just saying that there has been development and you are all looking not far enough in, we don't know Sakura's family or sasukes other than his parents so who are we to say that one of them didn't have bad eye sight? ;p also idk why you all hate sakura with a passion, not like shes weak in the slightest.

I agree that there has been development from I don't give a shit about to Sakura to I'm gonna kill this bitch and then back to I don't give a shit.

We have met Sakura's parents who don't have bad eye sight but yea that's all we really know about her family. She hasn't got any special background so she was never destined to become anything special. Which might be the reason she is so useless. She is definitely strong but still somehow useless.

I like you XD, i think that shes dubbed "useless" because Kisho never dreamed of doing much with her until late shippuden. in an actual screanio shed be pretty useful as a medic but kisho really doesn't have situations to prove her worth.
Apr 23, 2015 6:35 PM

Apr 2015
I think Sarada being maybe Karin child is all for readers to raise suspicion and talk about but I hope it's true because I feel so bad for Sakura and Sarada. Sakura deserves a better husband and a father figure for her child. Sasuke is such a.. I shouldn't judge but Sarada didn't even see him once, that's pathetic, I thought Sasuke would grow up. I really hope this isn’t he's child and Sakura isn't really married to him, and if he is he better have a DAMM good reason...He should have just waited to have a kid when he can a father instead of being a ninja work alcoholic.
Apr 23, 2015 6:36 PM

Aug 2014
Isterio said:
Why would he need money when he makes around 30 million a year.
Wasting his time to write 10 chapters?
Don´t come up with money arguments for Jump magaka with serialized publications.

Huh? When did I say he's the one who wants them? He's simply forced to write a story drawing in as many people as possible for maximum profit, since Kishimoto is far from the only one who makes money out of Naruto, which includes bringing back fans with a sunken ship with a false hope.

Isterio said:
The shipping argument is bullshit. The parentel issues are more an attempt to create conflict for the story, since the violence is pretty much gone (the children aren´t affected, the little that´s left get´s handled by the grownups), read the Novels for more clarification why the violence is gone, that´s why Karui mentions in 700 that the children don´t need to learn combos.

How is it BS, when you yourself said that the only way to make this story compelling is to ignite a spark different than its previous battle theme? You're arguing in defense of his reason for writing it the way he did, yet you're admitting he deliberately did this so that it's interesting for everyone? If he really didn't care about any of this shipping nonsense, he could have easily just stuck with what we believed in from ch.700 - that Sasuke, Sakura and Sarada are a normal family. But nope, Sasuke's been apparently gone for 13 years, and Sarada's basically questioning the pair itself. Yeah, totally not nothing to do with ships.

The rest of your post is not really related to what I said. This is nothing more than an all bark-no bite routine, some cheap late game drama to ensure this series does well in terms of sails. I'm patiently waiting for whatever explanation Kishi comes up with to prove that this was all just nothing more than a well-marketed hot air balloon.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Apr 23, 2015 6:41 PM
Mar 2015

Same hair style and eyes as her grandmother she is sakura daughter
Apr 23, 2015 7:09 PM

Apr 2014
matias067 said:
whaaat!!?!?? only 10 chapters...lame...

Wait, how do you know there's only 10 chapters?
Apr 23, 2015 7:21 PM
Apr 2013
Just realized something. Sasuke is exiled from the village remember? maybe that's why he hasn't come back? cuz he was exiled for his crimes during his run with madara and c.o. Not sure if he still is or not ;o
Apr 23, 2015 8:04 PM

Mar 2012
Straight comedy.
Apr 23, 2015 8:23 PM

Jun 2014
Karin...

Damn! This spin-off's really good! And glad to see Boruto having fun with his dad even if it's with a clone, the thought counts! Also Boruto and Sarada on good terms. ^_^
Apr 23, 2015 8:34 PM
Apr 2015
damastah said:
Karin...

Damn! This spin-off's really good! And glad to see Boruto having fun with his dad even if it's with a clone, the thought counts! Also Boruto and Sarada on good terms. ^_^

Yeah I am loving the spin off too. This is very cool. Glad to see Naruto characters again. To me that is the main strength of Naruto series, which is the great variety of characters which are fun to see. I am loving this and it would be awesome to see more family and relationship issues in this part instead of any serious things. I mean come on Naruto basically took care of all the serious enemy part and everything is far more peaceful. So it would be great to see daily routine stuff which to me the first part of Naruto lacked.
Apr 23, 2015 8:37 PM
Jun 2013
G_Spark233 said:
BreakerWave said:

In pre time skip he does show he cares about her and by the end of the series he admits he always saw his team as a family. So he at least show he cared about her. Karin was literally could of been a piece of paper to him. He didint like being around her or interacting with her or anything.
Apr 23, 2015 8:55 PM

Aug 2013
Everyone's comments here are delicious. Kishimoto has given way for this new series to be entirely about shipping.

Apr 23, 2015 8:56 PM
Mar 2015
souledge94 said:
G_Spark233 said:

In pre time skip he does show he cares about her and by the end of the series he admits he always saw his team as a family. So he at least show he cared about her. Karin was literally could of been a piece of paper to him. He didint like being around her or interacting with her or anything.

Not true at all between the fight with the eight tails and gogin to the kage convetion sasuke saw taka as his close friends. He cares about them all alot becasue they reminded him so much of the group he left. He defintly appreciates Karin healing him from near death like 4 or 5 times, Which more then sakura ever did for him since she still useless by the time he left.

Adults do not need to be in a relationship to have children
Apr 23, 2015 9:10 PM

Aug 2012
That last page though lol
Apr 23, 2015 9:38 PM
May 2013
Prediction time!!!
-Sasuke gets back to konoha
-Hangs out with Naruto
-Family reunion
-Salada crying
-New family picture(w/o karin)
-Sasuke leaves again
Apr 23, 2015 10:24 PM

Dec 2014
the kids are so adorable. i feel bad for sarada and sakura, though.
after losing his family, you'd think sasuke would want to always be there for his daughter. i guess we'll see what he's thinking later on.

and i don't believe karin is sarada's mom. kishimoto's just trolling. or he just really sucks at romance/drama
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Gaiden: Nanadaime Hokage to Akairo no Hanatsuzuki Chapter 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2015

201 by tcandy19 »»
Jan 10, 1:10 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Road to "B" Chapter 1 Discussion

AllenVonStein - Aug 30, 2015

4 by Fallazar »»
Aug 20, 2021 5:01 PM

» It's really sad that most people hate Sakura...

Kleferi - Jul 6, 2015

35 by AbiSa »»
Mar 29, 2021 11:44 PM

Poll: » Naruto Gaiden: Nanadaime Hokage to Akairo no Hanatsuzuki Chapter 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2015

119 by Terrestrious »»
Mar 3, 2019 11:21 PM

» Will boruto have the byakugan?

deadworm - May 21, 2015

26 by Terguta »»
Dec 7, 2017 2:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.