Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Apr 18, 2015 8:29 PM

Jan 2014
That was better than I expected.

I liked the extended battle sequence and the added dialogue since the chapter for this ep was pretty short.
Overall, pretty good.

If WIT intends to adapt at this pace, we possibly might see
as the finale of S1.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 18, 2015 8:37 PM

Aug 2014
Anon1409 said:
I hope our MC will get a cool weapon like Shinoa's scythe

probably will get a sword as seen in the opening.

Xway101 ~By me~
Apr 18, 2015 8:39 PM

Apr 2015
I like this episode a lot more than the previous ones cause it's starting to pick up the pace and there's more of the plot being revealed. 4/5
Also I get that most of us knew Mikaela's been alive all along but what raises the question is: Why would he turn into a vampire? Or rather: Why would a vampire turn Mika into one of them? Considering how much he loaths vampires for killing his family and the fact that they shot a noble, isn't it weird that they would turn Mika into a vampire to save his life? I don't know about you guys but that was what I was wondering while reading the manga.
Aaand Yuu's stupidity is still over the roof in this episode but obviously they're making lots of space for character development so whatevs. Shinoa though, she's cute.
Edited: I heard someone saying they thought the older blonde in the OP was Mika's brother and I find it very cute that they thought that way. They seem like they went in the series knowing nothing about it, just like me when I randomly found vomlume 1 in the bookstore lol.
hi-d-usApr 18, 2015 8:56 PM
Apr 18, 2015 8:48 PM

Jan 2008
AlexTheRiot said:
I almost forgot, shouldn't there be at least a page worth of people eating crow about the school setting? Let's be consistent people.

I mentioned that back in the first episode too since it was pretty clear in the next episode preview.

Anyways, liked the little sparing scene with Shinoa, rather just liked her showing off the scythe, was nice since you don't really see much scythe combat in anime. Animation felt a little sluggish compared to other scenes in the anime though.

Mika being alive and whatnot was too obvious.
Apr 18, 2015 9:05 PM

Oct 2013
Eh, ok episode, still waiting to see if this series will get better.
Apr 18, 2015 9:06 PM

Aug 2012
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:
why would you try to fight a girl that has more training than you and has a flaming cursed scythe that is 3x larger than your plain sword?

annnd it was perfectly explained that Yuichi could not defeat a demon because of his desire for revenge. but he did anyway. k.
Yuu doesn't know anything about Cursed Gear yet so of course his confidence will prevail there, but it was a friendly match for the purpose of showing him Cursed Gear so why does it matter?

And I think you missed the point there, that statement wasn't an absolute. That was just Shinoa(and Guren's) incorrect preconceived notion about Yuu's vengeful nature. Demons take advantage of those kinds of emotions generally, but Yuu clearly showed he isn't controlled by that desire, but rather he's in control of the desire within himself.
Apr 18, 2015 9:08 PM

Feb 2015
Really hope this does not turn out to be another Naruto and Sasuke scenario, where best friends fight each other for such an extensive amount of time with many misunderstandings and angst.....

<In the ghost town of our love
there is a player piano
trying to prove it can make music
without being touched.
My fingertips miss her so much.>
Apr 18, 2015 9:23 PM

Jul 2009
chakracat said:
He's a vampire?

This is really giving off an Aldnoah Zero vibe.

VAAAAT? HOW? Please don't bring that train wreck into this.
Apr 18, 2015 9:31 PM

Dec 2014
AlexTheRiot said:
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:
why would you try to fight a girl that has more training than you and has a flaming cursed scythe that is 3x larger than your plain sword?

annnd it was perfectly explained that Yuichi could not defeat a demon because of his desire for revenge. but he did anyway. k.
Yuu doesn't know anything about Cursed Gear yet so of course his confidence will prevail there, but it was a friendly match for the purpose of showing him Cursed Gear so why does it matter?

And I think you missed the point there, that statement wasn't an absolute. That was just Shinoa(and Guren's) incorrect preconceived notion about Yuu's vengeful nature. Demons take advantage of those kinds of emotions generally, but Yuu clearly showed he isn't controlled by that desire, but rather he's in control of the desire within himself.

Thank you for saying the words I had just thought of.
Apr 18, 2015 9:40 PM

Apr 2014
I haven't read the manga or anything of that sort, but I feel as though ultimately Yuu will have to kill Mikaela, or somebody else will end up killing him, because there's no way for him to survive in such a world and let it be acceptable. Mikaela could be the only vampire left and it's likely most people would disapprove of the fact that he needs to get blood from somewhere. Okay, well, the idea alone that he's a vampire would probably be intolerable. That's why I foresee death for Mikaela, but of course they could pull a romanticized ending on us, where a cure for Mikaela is found or the people and vampires find some happy way to coexist.

As much as I love Mika, and don't want him to die, I'd also be disappointed if the ending wasn't something bittersweet like that. Mika being killed would be a heartbreaking, but possibly appropriate, ending to the story. Again, I haven't read the manga so I have no idea if it's near that point or not :b Please don't kill me for my opinion ;_; I like endings that are a little more sad than happy, so that's probably why I came up with this idea.

In other thoughts, Yuu is not a terribly likable protagonist, as I'm sure many have pointed out before me, and I personally dislike the 'definitely can kill them because I'm op' characters, but I'll put up with him as long as the plot gets better. There are a lot of holes in the logic here, but I'm liking the show better than SNK, so...if I got through SNK, I can probably get through this. I'm hoping the anime develops into something more dark and psychological, but I don't think it's meant for mature audiences, so it'd probably be limited in that aspect.

[ a ] [ i ] wo atsumete
たくさん の あい お あつめたら
tumblr
ことば で きみ に とどけよう
deviantart
みえない きもち お かたち に したら
last.fm
こころ の なか まで とどく から

Apr 18, 2015 9:58 PM

Jul 2013
MagicalMahou said:
That was better than I expected.

I liked the extended battle sequence and the added dialogue since the chapter for this ep was pretty short.
Overall, pretty good.

If WIT intends to adapt at this pace, we possibly might see
as the finale of S1.

The PV for next episode already showed contents from two chapters instead of one like the previous episodes. They will end the first cour with chapter 15. You can mark my words. xD

Apr 18, 2015 10:12 PM

Jul 2014
I HATE THE FEMALE MC, she better not be the love interest
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Apr 18, 2015 10:43 PM

Jun 2013
Holy crap, I need to see more of Shinoa's fighting! Even though it was really short, that scene between Yuu and Shinoa on the roof was awesome.

TyrelApr 19, 2015 1:47 AM
Apr 18, 2015 10:48 PM

Aug 2012
AntonKutovoi said:
I really like her way of thinking

+1

Shinoa best character in the show
Apr 18, 2015 10:54 PM

Jul 2008
Antinomy said:
I guess guns can't kill vampires.

Mika being alive was pretty obvious even without the OP/ED spoiler.

Yu is a little annoying but he'll hopefully get better.

Guns, like any other normal weapons can't kill vampires.
Only cursed weapons can truly harm vampire and they can manage to heal from pretty much anything else. There's a reason for that that will be explained later in the season but for anyone curious here is it.

zat-bust said:
How did they even get that demon trapped underground in the first place? How did humans figure out making contracts with it will give them weapons to fight vampires? If majority of them were wiped by that disease and another majority were killed by those random giant monsters, how did they organize themselves in a way where they could defeat such unprecedented challenges and have this special anti vampire unit?

That demon is actually a lower tier demon so anyone contracted to a higher demon can just move it around and toss it there without much trouble.

About how humanity first contracted with demons and gained the power to fight vampires:

About the disease :

Apr 18, 2015 11:09 PM

Aug 2014
This seems to be very predictable. Most likely Mika has been brain washed to believe that the humans are the evil ones and are corrupting his childhood friend. Eventually they will meet face to face and argue over which side to fight for yada yada yada
Apr 18, 2015 11:32 PM

Jul 2010
I would have been surprised about Mika's appearance if the OP didn't clearly showcase him.
Apr 18, 2015 11:36 PM

Jun 2014
I was hoping they'd rush through the early chapters, just getting the important stuff, and then start animating the part where the series gets interesting. From the looks of it though, they're taking their time. Which isn't necessarily bad, but I imagine that this must be pretty boring for the anime only watchers.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 18, 2015 11:45 PM
Jul 2011
KageNoAbisu said:
I was hoping they'd rush through the early chapters, just getting the important stuff, and then start animating the part where the series gets interesting. From the looks of it though, they're taking their time. Which isn't necessarily bad, but I imagine that this must be pretty boring for the anime only watchers.

Maybe they should have adapted the prequel first. From what I've read it gives much needed background on the world and the characters.
Apr 19, 2015 12:17 AM

Mar 2013
The reasoning for the school setting was pretty dumb, but whatever.

I'm so glad Yuu proved Shinoa wrong and showed his strength. Motivation and a willingness to fight aren't stupidity, they're a confidence that helps you not hesitate and subsequently get killed on the battlefield. He's also pretty obviously physically capable from the way he disarmed a guy with an axe whilst he was unarmed himself. He should've been in proper training way before this, especially in a setting where the human race obviously needs every fighter they can get.

In other news, Shinoa's still being an unnecessary cow to everyone ever. What was the point in telling those delinquents their friend was dead? It doesn't matter if you thought they were being stupid, no-one deserves to get told their friend's gonna get the death penalty in such a snide blasé fashion, especially when they're like 15 year old kids. I'm going to assume she was bullshitting (which honestly makes this 900% worse, what a bitch) because why exactly would a community having such an avid population crisis be killing off healthy young people for messing around?
Apr 19, 2015 12:27 AM
Nov 2013
AntonKutovoi said:
I really like her way of thinking

Girl of the season <3
Apr 19, 2015 12:30 AM

Aug 2012
It was boring. So damn boring.

Yuu was very annoying on this episode. No, really. "Aaaaah, lemme fight already! Lemme have my revenge already! I want that axe!" Boo-hoo! How can this guy be so dense, too? Everybody says "You must make friends to learn how to battle with others" and seems like he just shut his ears off!

At least Mika appeared. The only good point. And seriously that there´s people who didn´t knew he turned into a vampire? It´s so obvious.
HitsujiOuApr 19, 2015 12:35 AM
"Could you not talk with me? I'm busy breathing."
Apr 19, 2015 1:24 AM

Dec 2011
Shinoa is way too epic XD
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Apr 19, 2015 3:07 AM

May 2013
Ye more Mimika stuffs :D

chakracat said:

This is really giving off an Aldnoah Zero vibe.

Btw Mika's voice actor is Slaine's VA so kinda agree to you
The world shall know the truth soon.
Apr 19, 2015 3:55 AM

Dec 2012
"Because you have a weak heart." Defeated the demon in no matter of time. So the army have been wrong all along about Yuu. The army who experienced in recruiting soldiers, & of course that means experienced in knowing whether someone has a strong heart or not. I do not like this at all. This is too convenient. Maybe Yuu is a strong & capable person all along but the army are afraid that he will be too powerful for his own good? Or maybe this is just a bad writing?

Anyway, nice fight between Shinoa & Yuu. Give me more of that, please.
I like anime.
Apr 19, 2015 4:29 AM

May 2013
Shinoa's demon scythe was so awesome. It's actually the best weapon yet to be shown. Showing more of Yuuichirou's past with his "family".
Mika alive became a vampire. Explains nothing though. Well, it's obvious he was turned against his will.
Apr 19, 2015 4:45 AM
Jan 2012
This will probably turn into naruto now, dropped
Apr 19, 2015 7:55 AM

Apr 2014
Ok now I so love this anime haha so excited for next ep.
Apr 19, 2015 8:01 AM

Jan 2015
That cursed gear tho. And why Mika hasn't killed that vampire yet? Is he that weak that he's controlled?
Apr 19, 2015 8:35 AM

Nov 2012
damn!!!!!! she wield the scythe elegantly.. :D
Apr 19, 2015 8:37 AM

Apr 2015
Decent episode.

Only thing that I didn't like was the scythe fire - the way it was drawn was a bit weird.

There's no way someone who can't even protect himself can protect anyone else, is there?
Apr 19, 2015 9:36 AM

Jan 2015
hi-d-us said:

Apr 19, 2015 9:50 AM

Jan 2015
MatijaxD said:

People make assumptions without knowing first.

Apr 19, 2015 9:53 AM

Aug 2014
MatijaxD said:

It's the second freakin episode! That's way too early dude.

Xway101 ~By me~
Apr 19, 2015 9:54 AM
Jan 2012
Hybridstone said:
MatijaxD said:

People make assumptions without knowing first.

I won't read the spoiler.
It was mostly a joke and that's not the reason why I'm dropping it, but it does look like that's the reason when you read my comment, I should have written it in a different way.
Apr 19, 2015 9:57 AM
Jan 2012
Xway101 said:
MatijaxD said:

It's the second freakin episode! That's way too early dude.

Third and I drop a lot of stuff in the first ep, I don't really fell like wasting my time with this series.
Apr 19, 2015 10:04 AM

Jan 2015
MatijaxD said:

It was mostly a joke and that's not the reason why I'm dropping it, but it does look like that's the reason when you read my comment, I should have written it in a different way.

I understand. This type of thing is common to new series so I tough it was the same.
Apr 19, 2015 10:10 AM

Feb 2011
sorry for being annoying but:

1) guys using spoilers: stop it, there are other ways to reply to anime-only people while not using any spoiler (feigning ignorance, making up speculations, not replying, delving into manga-unknown territory, etc)
if you really want to talk about the manga go in the manga forum (considering there isn't much discussion there)
2) guys dropping: good luck with other animes

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Apr 19, 2015 10:19 AM

Nov 2014
Oh, the blonde one is alive
Apr 19, 2015 11:51 AM

May 2014
That short fight scene was really cool. Really loved the choreography and animation. They didn't show Shinoa doing that jerking action with her hand, if you know what I mean, when she was talking about repopulating, but I think it's a good thing they didn't do it because it would probably not fit well with the nature of the show.
I liked Shinoa a lot in the manga but I like her even more because of the anime! At first, I wasn't so sure about her voice but I'm starting to really like it.

Looking forward to seeing more of Mika as a vampire now.
Apr 19, 2015 12:38 PM

Nov 2011
Finally decided to pick this up but where did all this talk of demons come from, poor introduction, an ass pull at this point.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Apr 19, 2015 12:42 PM

Apr 2012
I can't take this anymore!!! It was only the 3rd episode and I'm already a mess. So EPIIIICC!!!

And finally Mika is back. :D
Apr 19, 2015 1:25 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Cam't stress enough how much I like the OP and ED. They're really excellent.

Pretty good episode. Seeing Shinoa's scythe was really cool, and now we know what kind of weapons are used to fight vampires. I'm anxious to see Yuu's.

Man, I can't help but get some BL vibes when both Yuu and Mika are on the screen together. I can only imagine the amount of doujins that will follow this series.
Apr 19, 2015 1:26 PM

Feb 2015
Wow, this show just keeps getting better and better.

1/5
Apr 19, 2015 1:45 PM

Feb 2008
Hurrah for illicit sexual relations, then?
Apr 19, 2015 1:52 PM

Dec 2011
I seriously can't wait for Yu to have his own cursed gear. I wanna see some vampire slaying already with those neon green glowing black uniforms.

Seeing Mika's side to vampire-dom might be more interesting.
Apr 19, 2015 2:27 PM

Apr 2015
great episode, they gotta pick up the pace though
Apr 19, 2015 4:07 PM

Jul 2013
Zee530 said:
Finally decided to pick this up but where did all this talk of demons come from, poor introduction, an ass pull at this point.

I wonder if you know what ass pulls mean. This is just the third episode, or would you rather get an hour long special full of info dumps on the world settings first? There's a whole prequel LN series that the author is currently writing that focuses more on the demons so how can they be ass pulls when they're playing important parts in the story?

Apr 19, 2015 4:36 PM

Feb 2013
AlexTheRiot said:
gedata said:

Shoving down generic backstories and trite dialogue is a terrible way to set up a character

But does it set up the character?

Setting up character isn't praise in my opinion. Why should I be nice to something just for having a beginning?
Apr 19, 2015 5:24 PM

Aug 2014
That M.C is such a Bad ASS ^///^
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Owari no Seraph Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2015

260 by Salomikee »»
Apr 6, 11:48 AM

» Will this come to crunchyroll soon?

Rockyjams909 - Apr 5

7 by _Blossom18_ »»
Apr 5, 4:03 PM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2015

599 by voshi »»
Mar 24, 9:29 AM

» Is it a good idea to watch this show? ( 1 2 )

boyswhatup - May 30, 2023

50 by RulyKinkajou59 »»
Mar 10, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Who should Yuno marry?

Lost_Hearts - Dec 17, 2023

6 by NaLu4lifee »»
Jan 17, 11:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.