3It was OK
6.2%
2Disliked it
1.8%
1Hated it
0.9%
Average 4.6
227 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 3, 2015 6:54 PM

Dec 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
And we return to the main storyline with the start of the Sun Village/Tartarus arc! Amusing episode and very light hearted (In contrast to how things are going to end up later). Loved the Rave Master reference with the whole play Erza and Wendy were doing, though of course neither of them fit the role really well (Wendy looked really cute playing Haru though). They added more content with the guys in the bath it seems, because I originally remember only the girls being in the bath. I love the new break card they're using for the arc, seems really stylish and less boring than previous ones using what appears to be manga artwork? Seems this old tree head guy was once in the Fairy Tail guild along with Mavis. Super excited for the things to come, also digged the new opening.
Aiko_HiroshiApr 4, 2015 10:17 AM
Apr 3, 2015 6:55 PM

Nov 2011
Hmm, I think I like the new OP song. There's some spoilerish foreshadowing in it but I'm fine with it. There seems to be more fan service than I had expected. Well, it' s an onsen after all..lol and even a familiar redhead is back.

A decent amount of buildup this episode and I think it'll get better as the arc goes on. Here's to a new adventure. I'm looking forward to more :>

Really nice to see Warrod animated at long last. Good ED song as well.
Apr 3, 2015 7:01 PM

Mar 2015
Glad it's back to real canon.
I don't like this arc tbh,but it's just build up afterall.
Man I remember some ecchi/fanservice scenes in the manga(this was where Mashima set a new record lol)but not that much tbh.But it's been a while...
Cool to have a new op & ed
_HeroKenzan_Apr 3, 2015 7:34 PM
Apr 3, 2015 7:26 PM
Sep 2014
I really like the op song. I'm wondering how they are going to handle the darker aspects of these two arcs tho
Apr 3, 2015 7:42 PM
Sep 2014
105 years ago????
Apr 3, 2015 7:48 PM

Jul 2010
Warrod is quite the fun character with all his jokes! Seeing how the Ten Wizard Saints aren't limited to be all-powerful really expands on the saints!!!

The feelings when seeing the founding members of Fairy Tail. The music following that scene really made it great! Believing in the guild.
Apr 3, 2015 7:49 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Flare's Kinpatsu utterance cracks me up every time! I think she secretly got hots for Lucy. :3
Juvia's imagination of Gray choosing Flare over her was even more hilarious! Juvia, I like nasty women. You understand that, don't you? and how Flare said "Kurokami..." LOL! XD

That moment when Natsu and Gray accidentally punched Erza.. Must've gotten served well there.

Warrod's Joudan gimmick was quite funny, but he tends to overuse it a bit. Respect how modest he is, despite being one of the 10 Wizard Saints and 4 Heavenly Kings of Ishgar. Didn't expect him to be from Fairy Tail though!

Decent start. The OP and ED are pretty good too. I also like the new intermission sequence used halfway in the episode.

Apr 3, 2015 7:50 PM
Sep 2012
Okay Fairy Tail is back and I am loving the new season, Tartarus here we come.

We have the whole bath scene, and I think they added a lot, the Fried being a total Lexus fan boy stuff, the Romeo trauma, etc. What wasn't added on was Jet and Droy are still useless. I wonder is Rave a play in this world, or not, I never thought for a moment that crossover OVA can be canon.

We have the new OP, and I love it, it is awesome, great song, it has me pumped up which is what a good opening does.

We than see Flare has snug into the Fairy Tail bath house, the girls freak out, but Lucy says she's cool because she saved her life during the dragon invasion, though in the manga it was because she apology for her action at the water park which does have an OVA, and Flare as Juvia is just adorable. Believe it or not in this arc Flare does such a 180 going from complete psycho to just adorable, or at adorable Lucy stoker.

So Natsu and Gray are going on missions and are fighting, I guess fire and ice don't get a long, but I am sure that ain't stopping the crack shippers. I can't believe it when he punched out Erza, for a moment there I thought they grew up.

We go back to the guild hall, and there is another request for Natsu and Gray and it is from one of the wizard saints Warrond Sequen, and turns out not only is he not that powerful, but he is very eccentric, I kind of like that the wizard saint are not just based on strength, I am sure somewhere Gemma and people like him are losing a gasket over that. The rest of Team Natsu tags along so they don't kill each other, good thing they did.

So it turns this village called the Sun Village is frozen and covered with ice, Queen Ersa what have you done this time? But seriously, not looking good for this village, can Natsu and Gray save the village?

We find out Warrod is a founding member of Fairy Tail, so we see how Fairy Tail began very poetic considering how things after the Tartarus arc, nice to see the other members have voices, I hope after Tartarus, the anime adapts Fairy Tail Zero, it be better than filler, anyone Warrod says about how the current members embarks Mavis vision for Fairy Tail, and makes someone actions at the end of the Tartarus arc look even worse, thanks a lot buddy.

The ED is alright, but doesn't feel like a FT ending, Lucy doesn't even look like she from the Fairy Tail world, she looks more a character from something Nisekoi, I hope each week they have different ED animation like have been doing lately.

All and all, great episode, glad to see Fairy Tail is back to canon
Apr 3, 2015 8:08 PM

Mar 2013
Pretty good setup episode for what's to come.

The opening was nice.

The ending was alright too, but I'll probably forget about it.

Nice to see fairy tail back to the actual story now. It feels awesome. Especially that end when that warrod guy was remembering creating the guild with Mavis and all of them. It just felt like classic fairy tail sweetness.

That title and intermission cards tho.... talk about epic.
.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Apr 3, 2015 8:10 PM

Nov 2014
Equal opportunity bathing in the anime version <3
Quality Queen.
Apr 3, 2015 8:12 PM

Feb 2012
FINALLY the terrible filler is over and we are back to canon. Really good start to this arc (compared to what we have had to put up with for so long). I'm excited to see how this arc is and even more excited for Tarturus right after. Also I really liked the new op and end.
Apr 3, 2015 8:15 PM

Jul 2014
The anime-only mens bath scene was pretty funny.
Natsu and Gray punching Erza was as hilarious as I remember.
Loving the OP and ED.
Natsu's clothes seem a little red. Make them dark blue like before!
Warrod remembering Fairy Tail was really sweet.
Apr 3, 2015 8:22 PM

Dec 2013
Dat fanservice at the beginning XD

Good start. Warrock is a pretty fun character. His giant travelling tree was pretty impressive!

Cool opening. A couple of spoilers but that's just normal for FT and most of it's openings.
Apr 3, 2015 8:25 PM

May 2014
Finally fairy tail come back .. the filler was killing me ..
I don't really like the OP,i was hoping something more like "strike back" but ok...
The ED is nice ..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 3, 2015 8:30 PM

Feb 2014
I really missed seeing them wear new outfits.

"Later on, you will become a lively person causing headaches as the shrine-god."
Apr 3, 2015 8:31 PM
Sep 2012
One thing I just noticed in a second viewing, what happened with the next episode preview, it is no longer Natsu and Happy just bantering it up, it is a straight up narration by Erza voice actress I think, but yeah no more of the Natsu / Happy jokes.
Apr 3, 2015 8:47 PM

Aug 2014
Fuck yea
Apr 3, 2015 8:54 PM

Apr 2013
A good setup episode for the arc to come, when not joking what Warrod says is pretty touching or quit wise. The opening and ending are pretty good, I was thinking that Lucy in the ending looked a lot like Hiro's art then a saw his signature in the corner. And yes people we are back to canon story line not omake so you can stop going "fillers!" every week.
Apr 3, 2015 8:56 PM

Apr 2014
I hope this arc is not gonna disappoint me.
Looking forward to it
A stupid thread deserves a stupid answer!
Apr 3, 2015 9:05 PM

Sep 2013
Here's the Fairy Tail I like. Nice start to the season.
Apr 3, 2015 9:11 PM
Oct 2009
blfan said:
One thing I just noticed in a second viewing, what happened with the next episode preview, it is no longer Natsu and Happy just bantering it up, it is a straight up narration by Erza voice actress I think, but yeah no more of the Natsu / Happy jokes.

Lucy's VA, seems more like it.
Apr 3, 2015 9:25 PM

Jun 2013
Finally canon territory, the animation looks nice too. I like the new opening and ending songs. A thing that kinda bothers me are the colors... they look a little bit grey-ish
Apr 3, 2015 9:28 PM

Jan 2015
OH MY FUCKIN GOSH I AM SO FUCKIN HYPE FOR THIS NEW FUCKIN ARC!!! FINALLY! WORDS CANNOT EXPLAIN SJDNDISM CICOKS3$/9#€}+

Phew, now that I got that out my system...I am so freaking hype for Tartarus. LIKE DAMN. I expected great things to happen, but DAMMMN! I didn't expect it to come in this big. I LOVE the new opening. It's alread foreshadowing Silver, Lucy's key, AND Igneels death?!! I didn't expect them to put so much so early, but I'm not complaining cause I was SQUEALING MY HEAD OFF THE WHOLE TIME. Sorry for all the caps, but if you could hear me I would be bursting your eardrums. Animation has improved greatly and that treat at the end...I was not expecting.
I mean seriously?!! They even have spoilers from Fairy Tail Zero in here!! I was sooo happy to see Yuriy, (My bae) animated so soon. And Hades used to have blue hair? Never knew...

I like the ending too, although the beginning that plays in with the episode sounds like Samba music or something. I LOVE the picture originally drawn by Hiro himself...HEHE

I give this ep a 1000/10. (Ok maybe more realistically I'll give it a 9.2/10. I really didn't care for the bath scene but Juvia was hilarious!! Freed...a little bit to happy to be washing EVERY INCH on Laxus's body. Hmm) I'm just that hype for this and so glad AFTER 7 MONTHS that we get to my favorite, and long awaited Arc.
Keep bringing it, A-1!!

P.S. Jackal is also my bae too so when I saw him AND Natsu (who is also my bae) yeah, almost had a heart attack.
EtheriousNatsu8Apr 3, 2015 10:08 PM
Apr 3, 2015 9:30 PM

Apr 2009
Woo! FT is back, finally! :D

Anyone else confused as to why Warrod is alive after all those years, yet Mavis (Who atleast looked much younger than the others) is dead?
Apr 3, 2015 9:34 PM

Mar 2008
Such an awesome episode. Got to see the very first members of Fairy Tail.

On a side note, Does Lucy's cloths get skimpier every new arc? lmao
Apr 3, 2015 10:07 PM

Jun 2013
yay fillers were killing me....but imma wait a few more months tille they almost finish the last daark guild to marathon :p
Apr 3, 2015 10:46 PM

Jan 2011
Great episode. Much improved OP and the ED was very good as well. It will be interesting if they switch up the cast member for the ED card again.

It's been a while but I'm hoping I can enjoy this arc of FT.

Only con, Lucy looks ridiculous in her new get up. Her hair is cute but her outfit is ridiculous. Other than that, great episode.
Apr 3, 2015 10:48 PM

Jul 2007
In before 500 dumb fucks claiming this returns to canon and the previosu omake episdoes were "fillers". Meh

Anyway, great oP with hints to a lot of things to come
Apr 3, 2015 10:51 PM
May 2014
finally...
Apr 3, 2015 10:56 PM

Apr 2012
The long awaited Tartaros arc started. Let's see how well they will adapt it
Apr 3, 2015 11:01 PM
Jun 2014
Canon episodes, here they are!
The bathing scenes were too funny.
Erza and Wendy on a job? Acting out Rave Master?! That's too awesome. Pun-pun~
Natsu and Gray... of course they would be fighting xD Who didn't see that one coming?
The transition scene was really cool. Just thought I could point that out aha.
I really like Erza and Gray's clothes in this arc.
Cool OP and ED!
Apr 3, 2015 11:09 PM
Nov 2014
Great OP and ED songs. Finally back to canon. I can't wait for the next episodes and this arc to improve the overall score of this series.
Apr 3, 2015 11:43 PM
Jan 2014
Is it just me or does it seem like fairy tail episodes are becoming more faded of colors? Almost feel like the whole episode was a flashback.
Apr 4, 2015 12:01 AM

Apr 2014
I think opening and ending are nice, but not the best.
Aquarius killed me ;-;
It was looking like old, good Fairy Tail.
And how he can live for105 years?! Is it because he became tree? xDDD
Apr 4, 2015 12:06 AM

Aug 2013
Finally an episode I actually enjoyed after a long time
Apr 4, 2015 12:22 AM

May 2012
Nice episode :) Now it's the beginning of Sun Village arc. New intro and ending song was nice. And seems like they're doing female characters ending cards again, lol. Warrod sure is a mysterious guy. Looking forward to the next episode :3

Apr 4, 2015 1:49 AM

Apr 2011
I'm sad that they cut out the best scene with Cana, she was suppose to fall on her chest.

Laxus is truly manly, he wasn't shy from Freed scrubbing.
Apr 4, 2015 1:50 AM
Jul 2018
I was smiling throughout this episode! Awesome episode! I really enjoyed the new outfits as well! The middle cards are epic!

Karpola said:
Sendera said:
And how he can live for105 years?! Is it because he became tree? xDDD
He skipped the fillers.

^^^^^ XD
Apr 4, 2015 2:32 AM

Jun 2013
[spoiler][spoiler]
Apr 4, 2015 2:57 AM
Mar 2015
great episode, art was consistent throughout the episode,animation was solid, only thing is colour,seemed really off, i compared it to the previous episode and the previous episode had great colouring,anyways ignoring it, i really like the part where warrod was standing with magical branch and cherry blossoms leaves were flying
Apr 4, 2015 3:10 AM

Sep 2014
Finally some real stuff.
Opening was nice, ending meh.
That new intermissions very nicely done.
Really enjoyed this episode and Warrods's antics.
Looking forward to the next episode!
Apr 4, 2015 4:08 AM

Aug 2012
Awesome new opening, start of a new adventure hell yeah! Happy was the only one that turned the opposite way lol.
Apr 4, 2015 4:39 AM

Apr 2015
FT *-*

I want fairy tail zero after this arc.

Happy ;)
Apr 4, 2015 4:49 AM

Jun 2014
So we are finally back to cannon stuff!
Did anyone see the change of animation quality?
Holt shit the animition is beautiful! 5/5
Apr 4, 2015 4:52 AM
Jul 2018
I wonder how many people actually got the Rave Master/Groove Adventure Rave reference hh
Apr 4, 2015 4:59 AM

May 2014
5 seconds in :
women washing women
men washing men
tentacle hair rape
only thing missing was loli and shouta

in any case it looks as if this arcs is tied to the old days as well, also they changed the OP ??!!
i mean we didnt even see anything of the previous one!!
Apr 4, 2015 5:01 AM
Jul 2018
The OP is pretty cool
Apr 4, 2015 5:11 AM

Dec 2014
Finally, a new arc!
The new opening and endings look really cool and sound great.
That Rave Master reference though.
Did the colour of Natsu's outfit change?

Exterria said:

Yes! I noticed a changed in it. It looks great.
Apr 4, 2015 5:14 AM

May 2014
Yatsume said:
Finally, a new arc!
The new opening and endings look really cool and sound great.
That Rave Master reference though.
Did the colour of Natsu's outfit change?

Exterria said:

Yes! I noticed a changed in it. It looks great.

all their cloths did.
about time too .... i mean the time skip was an arc or 2 ago
Apr 4, 2015 5:28 AM

Jul 2007
WAD1992 said:

all their cloths did.
about time too .... i mean the time skip was an arc or 2 ago

Normal people tend to have more than one set of clothes you know.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» animation

0megaH - Feb 28, 2022

12 by Cristiano456 »»
Apr 4, 7:19 PM

» Why the hate ( 1 2 )

StrayDogYato - May 13, 2021

50 by filthyfrank8142 »»
Mar 26, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2014

107 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2014

136 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2014

121 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:25 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.