Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Apr 3, 2015 3:36 PM

Dec 2013
Didn't really like it compared to season 1. As expected with change in animation studio to Feel. I mean seriously, the character design makes them look so baked. And the eyebrows...

Also the humor was pretty dull, no where near as funny as it previously was. Honestly, I couldn't even manage a laugh.
mwsmws22Apr 3, 2015 3:40 PM
Apr 3, 2015 3:36 PM

Jan 2011
MFK said:
r0ykun said:

Took the words right out my mouth.

I haven't read the novel's but this episode didn't seem rushed to me. The art is different but I didn't think it was horrible like everyone else is saying.

Anyway, great first episode. So happy to have this show back <3

Fans should be happy they got S2.
This

though i think some people need to get their eyes checked and go back and watch S1 if they think the animation looks worst sure the char designs from S1 were unique and different so it sucks the new company couldn't adapt that but saying it's out right bad is kinda stupid.

hate to see how people are gonna react to the change in Nagato Yuki lol.
Apr 3, 2015 3:37 PM

Oct 2013
This was one thing that I don't expected...many viewers saying that like the character design of season 1...when S1 was in air, had various complaints about the art and character design, although would thought that design of 8man was original...Interesting what the nostalgia can do.
I am Hatedmainofanime. More no one.
Apr 3, 2015 3:37 PM

Jul 2014
I can't say how much I'm annoyed by the new character designs, they look so much like that of SAO's. First season's were great, these ones are rather dull. For starters, it was okay I guess.

And this, I fucking hate this.

Apr 3, 2015 3:47 PM

Oct 2013
katsu044 said:
MFK said:

Fans should be happy they got S2.
This

though i think some people need to get their eyes checked and go back and watch S1 if they think the animation looks worst sure the char designs from S1 were unique and different so it sucks the new company couldn't adapt that but saying it's out right bad is kinda stupid.

hate to see how people are gonna react to the change in Nagato Yuki lol.

Exact. Few weeks ago I re-watch S1, and although I have liked, the animation and inconsistency in character design was horrible in comparison with others slice of life (still that improve in the last episodes).
Apr 3, 2015 3:49 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
sovyat said:
I can't say how much I'm annoyed by the new character designs, they look so much like that of SAO's. First season's were great, these ones are rather dull. For starters, it was okay I guess.

the nitpicking is strong with this one
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Apr 3, 2015 3:52 PM

Oct 2013
People get irritated with each thing ...
Apr 3, 2015 3:56 PM

Oct 2013
^ No kidding, lol. This level of nitpicking is so ridiculous it's almost hilarious. Heck, If I had any worry regarding the new art style, it'd be that Hiki's character design in S1 might've been more fitting given his personality but that fall's into some serious nitpicking territory that I've no desire to set foot on.
Apr 3, 2015 4:00 PM

Dec 2012
LOL, "the mouth is wrong". First time I've ever seen that complaint
Apr 3, 2015 4:04 PM
Apr 2013
Objurgo said:
It is still a legit warranted complaint.
Apr 3, 2015 4:06 PM

Oct 2014
Well I can attest to the fact that a lot of people love this show, which is probably why they point out these details, its because they care so much.
D3pthChargeApr 3, 2015 4:25 PM
Apr 3, 2015 4:21 PM

Apr 2014
Well, the character designs are not exactly god-awful like others have said. I'm okay with the animation itself, and the only character's design who I truly detest right now is that of 8-man.

I'd assume that if Studio Feel did SEASON ONE we wouldn't be complaining as much about this (Or at all), but it's good to see a passionate bunch I guess? That'd also assume we'd follow the same adaption material the entire way through of SEASON ONE as well.

On a positive note, the Totsuka X 8man is still real and in full force (AND I LOVE IT). I would extremely satisfied if the series ended with them hooking up, although I know that's not going to happen :|
Nop.
Apr 3, 2015 4:29 PM

Oct 2013
BullSmit said:

Totsuka X 8man is still real and in full force (AND I LOVE IT). I would extremely satisfied if the series ended with them hooking up, although I know that's not going to happen :|

Psht, sensei's the one who truly understand the legendary 8man!

Apr 3, 2015 4:36 PM

Oct 2012
Hmm, and here we go again with those overcomplicated relationships. I'm not sure here that fujoshi is good for starting new season but well.
And again Yui like Hiki but Hiki likes Yukino and is oblivious to Yui (I kinda favor her because she at least tries to show some effort and interest in him). Yukino may like Hiki but they are both afraid of doing anything to the point of current stalemate and Hiki think of them both as friends at least because he is the opposite of overconfident.

The first episode was nice to include trip to the Kyoto but it could have been done a lot better as this was kinda boring in a way.

One has to ask himself again - what the heck they are trying to accomplish with this series?
Apr 3, 2015 4:45 PM

Nov 2010
survivor_hero said:

This was art of season 1...and although the character design of Hachiman be original, still was weird and ugly...and I don't remember in the LN someone to say that he is ugly, just...normal. I remember only of some characters speaking bad about your dead/fish eyes and weird smiles. So much that Yui in some volume forward (9 or 10), praises his appearance when he use glasses. And comparing between the character designs of LN, S1 and S2, S2 and LN are the more similars (still that Yui seems Misaka and Hikigaya remembers Accelerator).

While animation, is very difficult to have indecisions. Oregairu S1's animation was simply one of the weakest animation of Brain's Base. Much frames were reused in very scenes (watch episode 12 in concert), wrongs anatomics, and character design many times irregular. While Feel's animation not is excellent, but good.

But many times, to like art or animation is a personal choice, then all our opinions are right. Simple.

; )
I was lazy to rewatch S1 only to pick some bad animation examples, but there we go. Oregairu S1 is quite poorly animated compared especially to Brain's Base standard (although the design is distinct, color pallete is nice and everything else is good). In the end, everyone should be glad that S2 is even exists. I hope in future episodes we could discuss the actual episode next time.

Btw, I love S2 OP so much already. This time it explores a wide range of Yanagi Nagi's accent and range, with continuity from first OP and especially great verse music. Well done!

Mich666 said:
Hmm, and here we go again with those overcomplicated relationships. I'm not sure here that fujoshi is good for starting new season but well.
And again Yui like Hiki but Hiki likes Yukino and is oblivious to Yui (I kinda favor her because she at least tries to show some effort and interest in him). Yukino may like Hiki but they are both afraid of doing anything to the point of current stalemate and Hiki think of them both as friends at least because he is the opposite of overconfident.

The first episode was nice to include trip to the Kyoto but it could have been done a lot better as this was kinda boring in a way.

One has to ask himself again - what the heck they are trying to accomplish with this series?

I think you are oversimplying (and overly assuming) the relationship of the main trio here. Hikki and Yukino may get closer in S1 (more like accepting, graduating from a mere two stranger forced in one club) but romance (if there will be any) is still far ahead.

For the last question, just wait for later episodes.
zeroyuki92Apr 3, 2015 4:50 PM
Apr 3, 2015 4:52 PM

Jul 2009
Lol I wasn't expecting this show so soon.

Looks like this gonna end in a bloodbath between Yui X Yukino...
Apr 3, 2015 4:58 PM

Dec 2013
Yukinon is love, yukinon is life.
ForshApr 3, 2015 6:41 PM
Apr 3, 2015 5:04 PM

Jan 2015
They skipped a ridiculous amount of content... But at the least, we got the really nice animations :P I'm giving it a 5 just because it's Yahari.
Apr 3, 2015 5:07 PM

Jan 2015
survivor_hero said:

This was art of season 1...and although the character design of Hachiman be original, still was weird and ugly...and I don't remember in the LN someone to say that he is ugly, just...normal. I remember only of some characters speaking bad about your dead/fish eyes and weird smiles. So much that Yui in some volume forward (9 or 10), praises his appearance when he use glasses. And comparing between the character designs of LN, S1 and S2, S2 and LN are the more similars (still that Yui seems Misaka and Hikigaya remembers Accelerator).

While animation, is very difficult to have indecisions. Oregairu S1's animation was simply one of the weakest animation of Brain's Base. Much frames were reused in very scenes (watch episode 12 in concert), wrongs anatomics, and character design many times irregular. While Feel's animation not is excellent, but good.

But many times, to like art or animation is a personal choice, then all our opinions are right. Simple.

; )

I actually remember the LN, not sure where and when, describing Hiki as a relatively good looking person (which would mean that he said it himself).
Apr 3, 2015 5:15 PM

Dec 2013
This episode was actually pretty good.
I am still not a fan of the character designs though.
Apr 3, 2015 5:17 PM

Jun 2013
Only just finished season 1 the other day and I'm already liking the new character designs for season 2. OP song was nice too.
Apr 3, 2015 5:18 PM

Apr 2015
Honestly, I prefer the new art style and the new animation. While I love Hikki's signature dead fish eyes he had in Season 1 I felt like they over exaggerated it sometimes. Oh yeah, and this art style makes Hikki look more like he does in the Light Novel. And in there it's not that Hikki's ugly just that his eyes look dead to most and people find him creepy because of his demeanor. Anyways, I still prefer the Season 1 since it looked more dead than the ones we saw in this episode which look sleepy ish like someone said earlier on.
Apr 3, 2015 5:42 PM

Oct 2011
Wait, what.
Are people really saying the art design of the 1st season is better than this....seriously?

One thing is "I don't like this art, the 1st one was better"(because I got used to it)
Other thing is "This art design is garbage, even Lucky Star has it better".

What most of you people are saying is the 1st thing, the current art design is levels ahead of the previous one but because you guys can't accept changes, that happens.

Actually people shouldn't even bother about the art animation that much, this is a slice of life anime, it doesn't need any perfect or unusual/special animation.

About the OST, I actually liked the idea of keeping some of the OSTs from the 1st season it gives that feeling of a connection, I mean it's literally the same series only with a different studio, so why not?
-ZET-Apr 3, 2015 5:51 PM
Apr 3, 2015 5:42 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Hikigaya and his tsukkomi monologues were just as great as ever! Too bad, his eyes and hairstyle aren't the same anymore. Yui and Yukino are still good looking though, despite the change of Studios.

Tobe probably won't end up with Hina after all. She's too much of a fujoshi to fall in love with a guy. Well, not rooting for him anyways.

Saika was too adorable in the train! Anyone would want to protect that smile. :3

Seems like Yukino's Kuudere personality from S1 kinda changed a bit. Still pretty cute when she was being self-conscious about being seen with Hikki together. :3

Zaimokuza and Komachi next episode. Can't wait to see the chuunibyou and cute sister again!

Decent start, but I have a bad feeling that Studio Feel will mess this up. Hopefully, I'll be proved wrong.

Apr 3, 2015 5:57 PM

Jul 2014
A little bit of give and take with the studio change.

+ Almost all character designs improved or stayed the same, except for Hachiman (boo!) and Yukinoshita
+ Storyboard development seems less choppy, can't feel 'rush' as much, even if they're going in the same pace

+/- Animation improved (not important though)

- Background art and statics lower quality
- Colour pallette less vibrant, and edges are fuzzy/ blurry
- Music still sucks

Overall, I put it about the same as season 1 in terms of overall feel. GET IT?? 'FEEL'???
Apr 3, 2015 6:03 PM

May 2011
An okay start to the sequel. I'm just so psyched to see 8man back in action
Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to give out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.
Apr 3, 2015 6:10 PM

Aug 2013
Excellent episode, began recalling the previous season and already demonstrating the great soundtrack that is present in this season, quite liked the opening and ending

Even reading the LN and knowing what would happen, I was very excited about the episode, I like the rapid development of the anime, and at the same time without losing the sentimentality of the plot

Also quite liked the new characters designs, mainly Hachiman, he has begun with a good relationship with Yui and Yukino, this episode had a good dose of humor, but I believe that from the next episode the drama will be much more intense, so as this season

I'm very looking forward to continue watching, but the premiere for me was excellent, it is a bet for one of the best of the season, certainly worth seeing it ..

Apr 3, 2015 6:31 PM

Aug 2014
Ive waited so long for this!
Best anime this season:D
https://twitter.com/LightningDash02
OTPs || MyAnimeList || MyMangaList || Favorite Guys || Favorite Girls || Favorite Anime

~LightningXDash02
Apr 3, 2015 6:32 PM

Jun 2014
For me, the first season was a 6/10 at best. This season feels like its going to be a 7+/10. It looks better, it feels better, its just better.
Apr 3, 2015 6:36 PM

Apr 2014
Hmmmm I've been waiting for this.
A stupid thread deserves a stupid answer!
Apr 3, 2015 6:53 PM

Aug 2014
Hachiman must have had a horrible middle school life.

Lets see:

- He had the misunderstanding where he thought those two chicks were talking to him about the weather, and then he went home screaming xD

- The whole exchanging phone numbers / texting thing.

- The dancing where the chick didn't mind dancing with him as long as they never touch each other.

- In this episode, where he confessed and all the chicks were starting bad rumors about him.

Am I missing one?
Apr 3, 2015 7:26 PM
Apr 2015
blahblahblah the art style is different = bad...
NO! THAT IS NOT WHY THIS EPISODE WAS BAD! They took all the charms that the first season had out and replaced with utter dullness. Hachiman's line was delivered poorly-- hell everyone's lines were delivered so half-assedly it makes me cry. They're forcing certain things like Hachiman x Saika, Ebina's yaoi fantasies, and Hachiman's cynicism it which kills its charms! Much like Ayase's yandere in Ore no Imouto wa Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai! S2. It was terrible! Make it more natural :( Please :( RABABABABABA
Apr 3, 2015 7:37 PM

Oct 2013
DatRandomDude said:
sovyat said:

the nitpicking is strong with this one

Objurgo said:

worldeditor11 said:
Objurgo said:
It is still a legit warranted complaint.

Can until to be legit...but is the same thing that I to complain about anime eyes...It's a style of expression in japanese animation...deal with it.
Apr 3, 2015 7:43 PM

Oct 2013
AkaHisui said:

I actually remember the LN, not sure where and when, describing Hiki as a relatively good looking person (which would mean that he said it himself).

Yeah.

Yuzuryn said:
Honestly, I prefer the new art style and the new animation. While I love Hikki's signature dead fish eyes he had in Season 1 I felt like they over exaggerated it sometimes. Oh yeah, and this art style makes Hikki look more like he does in the Light Novel. And in there it's not that Hikki's ugly just that his eyes look dead to most and people find him creepy because of his demeanor. Anyways, I still prefer the Season 1 since it looked more dead than the ones we saw in this episode which look sleepy ish like someone said earlier on.

Exactly this.

-ZET- said:
Wait, what.
Are people really saying the art design of the 1st season is better than this....seriously?

One thing is "I don't like this art, the 1st one was better"(because I got used to it)
Other thing is "This art design is garbage, even Lucky Star has it better".

This.

-ZET- said:

What most of you people are saying is the 1st thing, the current art design is levels ahead of the previous one but because you guys can't accept changes, that happens.

Actually people shouldn't even bother about the art animation that much, this is a slice of life anime, it doesn't need any perfect or unusual/special animation.

About the OST, I actually liked the idea of keeping some of the OSTs from the 1st season it gives that feeling of a connection, I mean it's literally the same series only with a different studio, so why not?

I agree completely with this.
Apr 3, 2015 7:50 PM

Oct 2013
Hachiman and saika so cute... I like S1 art more though..........
Apr 3, 2015 8:17 PM

Oct 2012
8man is starting to look like the guy from love stage, same VA too.
canon yaoi aoty
Not the best way to start but its a sequel so I'll let it loose.
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Apr 3, 2015 8:17 PM

Jan 2014
i forgot how golden the relationship between the main three is.
i laughed a lot this episode
but nao touyoma's voice is killing me yui is 3adorable5me
[right]
Apr 3, 2015 8:23 PM
Oct 2012
The main point about the character designs is that these new designs look more generic (mainly Hiki - compared to season 1)
Even from episode 1 of this new season, there are scenes where he loses his trademark "dead fish eyes"
and he just looks like a typical anime male then...
The animation is noticeably better compared to season 1, but yeah, I hope they are more
consistent with Hiki's "dead fish eyes" later on.
Apr 3, 2015 8:35 PM

Nov 2013
I don't mind the change in character design, but does the animation quality drop a bit? I watched the BD version of S1 so I don't know about the TV version. Imo S1's video looks more clear.

What do u think guys?
Apr 3, 2015 8:36 PM

May 2010
awkwarddddddd
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Apr 3, 2015 8:38 PM

Jan 2011
The studio put more money into animation because they knew we loved this show.
Just appreciate it because it looks good.

It's a slice of life show so honestly it doesn't really matter that much.
Apr 3, 2015 8:52 PM

Jul 2012
AH, we're on the part of the series that I read a while ago after season 1. They skipped a lot of details if I remember (like most of the ramen shop scene), but I'm really excited because hopefully it'll get past the point I read up to.

Also, I'm totally cool with the art change. The more realistic feel seems to go with the more realistic tone to me.
AnimeOverlordApr 3, 2015 8:55 PM
Apr 3, 2015 9:03 PM
Nov 2013
Nice, guess I'll enjoy this to some extent.
Apr 3, 2015 9:07 PM

Aug 2010
Hachiman is so entertaining to watch. I still don't know who to ship him with. Guess I'm fine with either. we all know he wants to go the Totsuka route.
Apr 3, 2015 9:18 PM

Oct 2013
AnimeOverlord said:
AH, we're on the part of the series that I read a while ago after season 1. They skipped a lot of details if I remember (like most of the ramen shop scene), but I'm really excited because hopefully it'll get past the point I read up to.

Also, I'm totally cool with the art change. The more realistic feel seems to go with the more realistic tone to me.

Yeah. If pay a little of attention, the walk between 8man and Yukinon had more fluency in moves that in much scenes of S1. And if I not mistaken, the one thing that was very cutted is ramen scene. And the expressions of 8man do in some scenes to say much about what is happening, and will be discussed in the next episodes.
Apr 3, 2015 9:34 PM

Sep 2014
Hmm, I definitely like the first episode of this season. I found the first season average at best. Hopefully this doesn't disappoint.
Apr 3, 2015 9:40 PM

Oct 2011
Hachiman, Yui, Yukinoshita, Tohsuka T___T I miss them so much

New design oh my.
Apr 3, 2015 10:57 PM

Mar 2015
Yukinon's cuteness level has just reached extreme level.
Apr 3, 2015 10:59 PM

Feb 2010
fuck yea 8man is back!
Apr 3, 2015 11:18 PM

Jan 2011
Ya this was not a strong start but a good episode. The art...I'm on the fence. As of now prefer Brain's Base but this had it's moments and I'm sure I'll catch on quick.

As of the choice of fansubs...it's battle of who sucks the least again. Wish I knew the language.
Pages (11) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2015

1002 by venbals »»
Mar 29, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2015

556 by venbals »»
Mar 29, 1:08 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 21, 2015

667 by venbals »»
Mar 16, 10:16 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 7, 2015

421 by venbals »»
Mar 16, 9:12 PM

» Help me understand the whole drama ( 1 2 )

GuidSMR - Apr 4, 2023

65 by NaughtySempai »»
Feb 26, 8:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.