Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Parasyte
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »
Jun 8, 2015 10:19 PM

Dec 2012
I thought it was good..up to a certain point I can't put my finger on it but at that point it seemed questionable sometimes. Ending episode was also weird seemed kinda out nowhere overall it was at least enjoyable.
Jun 8, 2015 11:20 PM

Nov 2013
What a suspenseful ending lol.

I'm glad they both stayed alive though. It would have been stupid to just kill off Murano in the end, Shinichi deserves to have something good left.

This anime is a 9 from me. I've been waiting for the perfect alien invasion anime to come out and this one is probably the best that's gonna come out. I would have liked to see things escalate to a NGE type of invasion, instead of normal cops being able to fight them and win.. Still, great characters, great music, great story.

WE NEVER GET TO SEE WHERE THEY COME FROM.
Jun 16, 2015 5:49 PM

Sep 2012
wow , so sad that I finished this so late in the year, but I definetly look forward to checking the manga out.
Jun 18, 2015 9:48 AM

Feb 2015
Just finished watching the last episode...very good anime, I enjoyed it.

8/10 from me.
Jun 20, 2015 3:44 PM

Apr 2015
Ending was alright. Thought Murano was a goner there for a sec but Migi saves the day. After everything Shinichi went through, he deserves a break.

Enjoyed this series 8/10.
Jun 30, 2015 7:08 AM

Nov 2009
My only complain is that Murano didn't kick the bucket in the end. I got my hopes up with that fall scene.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jul 5, 2015 6:44 PM

Sep 2009
This was pretty good. I remember reading the manga a few years ago and I always wondered why it didn't get an anime adaptation back then. The only thing that bothered me was that we didn't get a proper explanation about the origins of the parasites and what was the purpose of them invading earth whether by accident or not, but like Mugi said at the end to Shinichi when he voiced his concerns over other parasites attacking, he said he should be more wary of traffic accidents rather than the parasites which leads me to think that in the end they will like all other living things on earth learn to co-exist with the humans. Humans don't go around killing every wild animal related to a specific species when a human is killed by one and just like every other species on earth, they are just trying to survive like us.

I hope other great mangas from the 80's and the 90's will have the same chance to get an anime adaptation like this one.
Jul 12, 2015 6:19 AM

Jul 2013
but why would Migi choose to just disappear like that? I fail to comprehend that.

I can't fully take Uragami seriously because when he talks I hear Bossun from Sket Dance lmao!

for one second there I really thought Murano will die because I've watch a good amount of anime like this and almost everyone of them ends with someone dying. I'm glad she's fine.

Anyway I love this anime and I think it's freaking great! The problem with some people is that they're too intelligent that they can notice even the most minor plot hole and it prevents them from fully enjoying the show. Like that one guy who says about how Migi's science was wrong about hydrogen cyanide I mean seriously? Even the science in Breaking Bad isn't 100% accurate but name someone who doesn't like Breaking Bad aside from those who've not seen it yet? Whatever fuck you all I give this 9/10

PS: asspull? ahahahahah losers.
PrimeXJul 12, 2015 6:24 AM
Jul 14, 2015 9:39 PM

Sep 2010
Best anime I've watched in a long time. I'm glad they didn't kill off Murano, it just seemed like too much tragedy for an already tragic hero. I was wondering about some 'plot holes' mentioned on the first page of the thread, but the story's still very enjoyable. The plot holes could even be overlooked as in a short story not everything must be explained. Besides, if the writer ever wanted to continue it they could answer some of those questions.
Jul 17, 2015 11:19 AM

Jun 2015
Meeeeeh, it is a 6/10 for me, maybe even a 5/10. Many plotholes in the story, the Deus ex machina is present pretty much everywhere for the benefit of the MC, many scenes and actions of the characters are just a must to happen for the story to go ahead when these are not logical and the happy ending is so forced and ridiculous.
Why would Shinichi go hunting the killer guy (he even went after him through an alley of 1 meter wide lol why would you do that, did Shinichi want to invite him to drink a beer?) leaving his girl alone. Migi seems to dissapear forever without a clear reason yet he saves Murano at the end. Script demands to make the episode go dramatic without any sense, like in most of the other episodes.

And to think that I had it rated at about 7/10 in the middle of the season and with a possibility to get an 8...
Jul 19, 2015 11:58 AM

Mar 2014
Boggles my mind how people still don't understand why Migi left.
Jul 19, 2015 10:14 PM

Dec 2013
It was a long time coming, but this is episode was one of the better ones. Fighting scenes come and go, but it's episodes like these that stay with you.

Overall series grade of 8/10
Aug 21, 2015 11:55 PM
Sep 2014
Glad everybody's ok. Nice anime. Loved it.
Aug 23, 2015 1:51 AM

Sep 2013
Finished this in 3 days, what a great anime.
wow
Sep 2, 2015 12:22 PM

Mar 2013
i almost cried but somehow kept from it but omg this was so beautiful!!
Sep 2, 2015 7:45 PM

Jan 2012
the only thing i despised was the shitty cgi people

but other than that, they did a lot of things RIGHT
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Sep 15, 2015 3:39 AM
Oct 2013
Great show very faithful to the manga. I cried at the end lol
Sep 28, 2015 8:15 AM

Jun 2015
Over all think this series is great, I would really have loved to see a more hard hitting ending, but i guess i just get a bit bored by the typical Happy ending scenario, still didn't ruin the show, it wasn't a 'bad' ending.
Sep 29, 2015 2:39 AM
Dec 2014
watched in 2 sittings... and i think it was the only anime ive watched the entire OP and ED for every episode, i dont know why but i couldnt get myself to skip them, really liked that intro song
Oct 1, 2015 2:28 PM

Oct 2014
I don't care if I have a parasite in my hand. Like Shinichi and Magi.
Sorry for my bad English. I'm from Spain.
Oct 22, 2015 2:39 AM

Jul 2010
For all those that have finished, would you recommend the bluray version?
Nov 8, 2015 7:49 AM

Jan 2012
Stark700 said:
I hope more older manga gets adaptations in the future.

Agree with u ,hope so.

ot: 8/10 this anime ,not sure if i liked the ending or not.

Dec 8, 2015 12:25 PM

Apr 2013
I have a few complaints, but to be fair the only one that really gets to me is the fact that they relied on censorship a little too much.

9/10, but could easily be a favorite if they didn't censor everywhere.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Dec 17, 2015 12:15 PM

Feb 2015
Ending was great, story was great, characters were great. Only thing I had a slight problem was the animation I wanted more of a under-toned and gloomy art style but whatever. Some people didn't like the ending I thought it was fine. People be giving a 6/10 please just go pull a Kurt Cobain.
Overall: 9/10
How long until season 3 of Spice and Wolf?
The World May Never Know.
Dec 19, 2015 3:55 PM

Dec 2014
Overall, a great and enjoyable anime. Ending was a bit meh though. 9/10.
Dec 21, 2015 8:04 PM
Nov 2015
LordPerucho said:
Tokoya said:
I don't get why people hated this ending but it wasn't anything great either...I still liked it though

Overall this was a good series but there are a good amount of important things that never got answered such as where the parasytes came from and why did they come to earth etc

Animation and Music were great for the most part and in terms of character development it was good for some persons (Namely Reiko, Migi/Shinichi and Gotou) but the others felt lackluster or didn't get enough development

8/10

Murano shouldve died, then Shinichi shouldbe gone insane then he kills himself.

A tragic ending wouldve fit the series.

why those issues need to happen ? for what ? the anime fans may couldnt sleep thinking about how it ends
Dec 24, 2015 4:01 PM

Feb 2008
This show was absolutely incredible from start to finish. It did so many things right.

10/10.
People are strange, when you're a stranger
Dec 30, 2015 4:41 PM
Dec 2015
juliagatari said:
It was a good anime overall, I enjoyed.<br />
<br />
But it was a little nonsense that guy attacking them in the end... IMO.<br />
It came out of nowhere...<br />
8/10

Yes and no. It was a bit convenient so the suspense for the finale could be from this, but at the same time plenty of people would have bitched if the guy wasn't covered at all anymore. Plus it probably wasn't too hard for the guy to look up where Shinichi lived and follow him from there. I am more curious how the guy escaped city hall.

All in all a good finale. It really seemed Murano fell to hear death there and it made me go "ah fuck no, after all this dude has been through and now this happens too?" it sure would have been a shocking ending and for the shock factor it would have been great but not what Shinichi nor Murano deserves. Happy with the ending. Fantastic anime in my book.

Awesome how Migi yet again saves the day. I did not expect that though, since he was going to be in other places, but of course he never left Shinichi's body, so it makes sense. Definitely thinking of a second viewing of this.

Except for a few weird and off things like people have already mentioned in all the threads, and for me the fact that Shinichi never completely went full on berserk after the episode where he says "move humans" and "I killed that person" with the evil grin was a bit odd. Maybe not full on berserk, but also not completely back to the good guy that only helps out humans. I guess it would have been dope to see him change more lose his humanity for a while for some crazy scenes, but on the other hand would he have ever come back to his true self again?
Thijs_van_AbsDec 30, 2015 5:00 PM
Jan 6, 2016 6:10 PM

Sep 2014
I had such high hopes for this show, with all the ravings people were doing about it. It wasn't bad, it just kind of fizzled out. They definitely tried too hard with the philosophical aspect at the end; did anyone else feel like their hand was being held? "Look! Look! We can be deep, see?" How about just letting people figure things out on their own?

The show did successfully make me feel like Shinichi wasn't figuratively whole without Migi, though.

I was kind of hoping that when Shinichi swung the rusty cleaver during the Gotou scene, he was cutting off his own leg or something so he could take on the other parasites. I think that's what I would've done in that situation (after a quick talk with Migi).

And whatever happened to the baby? Is he going to be a father or not?
Jan 17, 2016 3:56 AM

Jun 2011
Never understood the complaints the series get in term of story. I don't know how can you say that it was direction-less after a while, because everything that happened contributed to Shinichi's growth.

Also, I don't think that the answer to where those parasites came from is really all that important. They have tried and even explicitly said that those organisms are similar to us humans, and we don't know where we originate from either, so that was never the point. I don't know why so many of you put so much emphasis on it.

As for the final episode, had Murano died there, I would have bumped down the score, but it ended well.

P.S. I find that usually shows with any substance at all are usually from the 90's (manga). Are people nowadays incapable of creating something like this anymore?
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 17, 2016 7:46 PM

Jun 2013
What a great show! The story was quite interesting and enjoyable. Even the characters were good. The ending was okay.

However, I did feel Kana's death to be unnecessary even if was to develop Izumi's character while a useless side character like Tachikawa who is indirectly responsible for leading Hideo to massacre those students survives unscathed without any guilt. And honestly I felt Kana to be more understanding and mature in comparison to Murano who seemed to lack empathy for Izumi while constantly complaining about his change.

Apart from that bit. Everything else was good. 8/10
Jan 27, 2016 12:10 AM

May 2012
Really enjoyed this show. Though Shinichi's character development was great, Migi was definitely the star. On the other hand, Murano was pretty annoying for the most part and I honesty think Kana would've made the better love interest. Even though I'm not usually fond of dubstep, I really liked the soundtrack. The ending could've been better, yeah, but it feels so rare nowadays for an anime to have an actual conclusive ending. 8/10
Feb 1, 2016 11:07 AM

Jan 2016
too many problems for a 10/10, but the tears down my back don't lie...
bumped from 7/10-8/10 to 9/10.
:'-')''{''( ...... ;-;

Feb 1, 2016 11:39 AM

May 2015
I was struggling I'n how to evaluate this overall as well. Found the second half lacking compared to the first and didn't feel like it was as good as it should have been for some reason. was going to give it 8 but after sleeping on it changed my mind to a 9 as looking back on it it has lots of really great moments despite the obvious flaws. Flaws being undeveloped side characters, meandering second half, and preaching towards the end. Just felt like the first half was a sure 10/10 but then it lost its way a bit in the second half, actually liked the ending though think it would have been shit if she died. The dude deserves some happiness in the end. Migi is the star of the show though.
Feb 1, 2016 5:03 PM

Aug 2014
Last 3 episodes weren't to my liking , Average ending , wanted much more than that .

Animation , Art were pretty good like 8/10 .
Sound effects were excellent but the OST was just average for me . 8/10
Story : I'll split this , 1st half story was 10/10 , 2nd half story was 7.5/10 . i liked the action , the idea as whole was creepy and cool , good plot twists , however 2nd half the story went a bit downhill especially last 3 episodes .
Characters : great main character , good side characters , Villains could've been much better so they're average . Great development for the main character . 8/10
Very enjoyable -> 1st half : 10/10 2nd : 9/10
Great values 7.5/10

More evaluation :

- Overall : This anime is very good , it was very entertaining and liked it , Well done Madhouse , another good production .

My Final Rating : 1st Half ( ep 1-12 ) : 9.2/10
2nd Half (ep 13-24) : 8.1/10

Mean Rating : 8.65/10

Highly recommend to people who like MC with secret power .
Mar 21, 2016 9:32 AM
Jul 2014
So, what to say a t the end? It was OK, sometimes a bit too plain and simple. But worth watching it, by all means. 7/10
Apr 2, 2016 4:10 PM
Apr 11, 2016 11:10 AM

Sep 2012
Oh man. Sucks that there might not be a second season. I really liked this show a lot.
Apr 14, 2016 6:45 AM
Apr 2016
I love this series so much, I never tire of rewatching it ^^

Migi and Shinichi are two of my all-time favourite anime characters ^^

The first opening theme song is also one of my favourite anime openings ^^
Apr 17, 2016 4:28 PM
Jun 2013
besides the last minute of force feeding about the environment it was a great show with a conclusive ending. Im happy it ended on a happy note since for a character that went through so much crap its nice to give him something nice after all of that. An anime doesint need to have a depressing ending to be good as some people may think.
Apr 25, 2016 12:25 AM

Aug 2012
This anime imo is beyond awesome!!
and although it's ranked #50 but it's underrated compared to attack on titans with #3
believe it or not, I find this anime better than AOT ..
I've watched tons of good animes but no matter how good they're in some point in the middle I'll get bored a lil bit, in this anime I haven't got bored even a tiny bit
actually it's the complete opposite, each episode is more exciting than the other!
and even when they killed my favorites characters I didn't mind cz it all add to the story making it have more sense..

and for this episode in particular:
I think it was pretty good, I thought Murano was going to die but so glad she didn't,the only thing I didn't like was Miki sleeping for ever ; ^ ;
after I get used to him that made me sad

I wish if they would make a fan service ova, when things settled bringing back all the characters together specially Uda and that old lady who helped Shinichi! it would be great :')
Apr 25, 2016 4:01 AM

Aug 2015
Really enjoyable anime, sad to see it ending.
The ending disappointed me though so many things left unanswered and some of the side characters like the punk and izumi's father did not get much character development and they were sort of left out from the story.
That being said i'll give this series 8/10.
May 11, 2016 6:32 AM

May 2015
Just finished it up, and as many have stated after the first 12 episodes its goes from an 8-9 to a 5-6 out of 10 anime. Mad House did not disappoint in the slightest and was on the edge of my seat the whole time, but plot became a disaster as it got left behind with a sub par finish. Manga apparently finished the same way so I might hold off on reading it as well.

Spoiler, what is with him constantly reflecting on his thoughts, and done in the way where he is constantly narrating said reflection? Felt like I was watching Dragon Ball Z....
May 16, 2016 10:42 AM

Aug 2014
so disappointing... so so so very disappointing...... ..after episode 14.. it just got worse and freaking worse...

especially starting from ep 18..... that was thee worst...am so disapointed ..
just felt like a stupid way to rush an ending...

upto ep 14... it was.. Ok... the first 10episodes.. was enjoyable.. but then it just...became terrible... my view on the anime went from 5/10 to 9/10 to
3/10
TheDiabolicEsperMay 16, 2016 10:46 AM

Jun 3, 2016 10:48 PM

Dec 2012
Of course we had to see Akiho and Tachikawa one last time. Gotta remind us that they were unloyal to Shinichi.

Uragami was the true final boss of the series. Also, maxim hat.

Unfortunate that Migi went to sleep. I'm sure he'll end up in Shinichi's nuts where he will be Shinichi and Murano's(and Maki since harem route) future son.

I'll miss you Kana. There's a reason why episode 12 has more comments than all the episodes...because you were best girl.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jun 6, 2016 1:15 AM

May 2013
Aw, it's over. I'm gonna miss Migi in this series :') Def my fave character

In the end, he never told his dad :/ oh well.
Jun 25, 2016 5:11 PM

Aug 2011
This show is just too awesome!

(apart from the random grandma bit around episode 22) xD
Jun 26, 2016 6:57 PM

Mar 2015
I wanted to see his dad in the last episode :(
Anyway I liked the ending. The show also involved good aspects humans should think about (About life and earth).

9.5/10

"I learned so much from the people that never existed"
Jul 2, 2016 2:55 AM

Apr 2009
One last question:

Where did those parasytes came from?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 3, 2016 7:28 AM

Oct 2014
ezaya said:
One last question:

Where did those parasytes came from?

who knows, they made it seem as if parasytes always existed but are eventually forgotten off when they blend into society. Maybe they pop up every century or something. But it would have been nice to know more about them.
Sasuke or Kaneki I can't decide
Pages (14) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Netfix - Parasyte: The Grey A Korean Live-Action series

sarahak - Aug 24, 2022

24 by Elfezen »»
Apr 23, 1:19 AM

» [SPOILERS] Parasyte: The Grey, Post-watch discussion thread

JVskunkape - Apr 13

0 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 13, 11:55 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2015

244 by httplatte »»
Apr 12, 12:25 AM

» Biggest plot hole? Or maybe not

egosumjohn - Apr 6

21 by Ankibank »»
Apr 11, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2014

386 by LaciG »»
Apr 8, 6:01 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.