Forum Settings
Forums
PandoraHearts
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 14, 2015 8:24 AM
Jan 2012
That was... beautiful. I'm still crying. Thank you so much Mochijun for this amazing story, it is by far my top favorite ever. I've been reading PH for 2-3 years now and it never ever disappointed me. Everything is so beautifully connected and this chapter was, for me, a perfect ending. Bittersweet, I saw some people say, that's the perfect word. I really love that the last part was told by Gil, and the tea party was brilliant, it was amazing to see Elliot, Break, Oscar, et cetera, and it made me cry so much, all those freaking feels. ;w;
Sooooo, time to start again from chapter one. :D
Apr 14, 2015 9:17 AM

Jun 2011
Stark700 said:
> Merry Unbirthday
Lol what.

That was an obvious reference both to Alice in Wonderland and the manga itself: there was a chapter (around 47 if I remember) which was called 'Unbirthday', with the great tea party arranged by Oscar, which is what this glimpse of an alternative world was about.
Apr 14, 2015 1:43 PM

Oct 2008
I think the ending was somewhat rushed and that some things could have been cut out in order to give space to others, i.e. the dream party sequence felt way too long and unecessary while actual important stuff like what happened to the Baskervilles and Gilbert's life during those 100 years were almost left out.

Overall I liked it a lot though. I got pretty emotional reading the first summary that appeared around and then again while reading the translation. I've been following the series for a couple of years and it feels kinda awkward now that it's over, like something is missing, i don't know lel

I'll be looking forward to MochiJun's next work, as well as an anime adaptation perhaps???? As long as it's given the proper care it deserves this time.
Apr 15, 2015 3:06 PM
Feb 2014
It just struck me, everyone from the cast save for Gil, Oz, Alice and Leo are dead by now. That is freaking depressing.
Apr 15, 2015 5:14 PM

Oct 2008
razeplugg123 said:
It just struck me, everyone from the cast save for Gil, Oz, Alice and Leo are dead by now. That is freaking depressing.

Maybe Elliot and Break are back thanks to the 100 year cycle of rebirth, although unlike Oz and Alice they're probably different people. It's still pretty depressing to think that Gil lived to see all his loved ones dying, though.
Apr 15, 2015 6:33 PM

Aug 2012
replicantis said:
razeplugg123 said:

Maybe Elliot and Break are back thanks to the 100 year cycle of rebirth, although unlike Oz and Alice they're probably different people. It's still pretty depressing to think that Gil lived to see all his loved ones dying, though.
Need an extra epilogue chapter: Coincidental Tea Party.

Maybe Lottie or at least Lily I'm sure is still around.
Apr 15, 2015 8:39 PM

Oct 2008
One thing that has been bothering is that since Vincent died in the epilogue, wouldn't this mean that Gilbert might be close to his death as well? Considering they're only a year apart in age and all, it would be pretty shitty if Gil died right after his reunion with Oz and Alice.

I wonder if the guide book will give us any info about what happens after the ending or if MochiJun will just leave it up to our imagination.
Apr 15, 2015 9:00 PM
Oct 2013
replicantis said:
One thing that has been bothering is that since Vincent died in the epilogue, wouldn't this mean that Gilbert might be close to his death as well? Considering they're only a year apart in age and all, it would be pretty shitty if Gil died right after his reunion with Oz and Alice.

I wonder if the guide book will give us any info about what happens after the ending or if MochiJun will just leave it up to our imagination.

Probably true, Gil have stated it himself to Vince that he will follow Vince soon after he died....
That is sad. And yeah we need more extra chapter to explain more
Apr 16, 2015 8:47 PM

Sep 2010
Vincent was my favorite character in the series sad to see him die, but at least he was happy before he did. I'm guessing Gil won't be too far behind maybe a few years?

Sucks that Vincent/Ada didn't become canon, but at least he had a good reason not to.

Great manga 10/10 in my top 3 currently with 07 Ghost and Magi. <3
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Apr 17, 2015 9:52 AM
Oct 2013
Sera-Sama said:
is chapter 104 the end?!

what about 107 number if that is?

3 extra chapters is included too
You can check at sypnosis
Apr 17, 2015 12:32 PM

Oct 2014
replicantis said:

Yeah, I guess that Gilbert too will die after a few years. He even said that he will be following him (Vincent) soon.
Apr 18, 2015 3:30 PM

Sep 2013
I absolutely love this series. It's one of the most beautiful things I've ever read.
That being said, I did think the ending was a little rushed. I mean, Mochizuki skipped over a hundred years in just a few pages... but I guess it's understandable given the fairy tale nature of the story. Still, I think it took away from the emotional impact of the last few events of the chapter.

Also, I wish I could have been able to read this whole manga at once rather than having to wait a month in between each chapter for two years. I think it took away from my enjoyment of ph because many times, I couldn't remember certain events and the emotion I felt during previous chapters had faded.

Overall though, I adore this series. It's the only manga I've loved enough from the beginning to buy every single volume. I will definitely be rereading it many times.

I just can't believe it's over...
Apr 19, 2015 2:56 AM

Oct 2013
Ah, I feel so sad right now for Gil as he saw his loved one passing by leaving him all alone,but then again I feel happy for his reunion with Oz and Alice....screw that I don't even know what to feel anymore!

Rating this less than a 9 would be completely inane so I'm rating this a 9. Chapter 60+ were definitely 10/10 throughout.
NuviApr 19, 2015 3:10 AM
Apr 19, 2015 3:07 PM

Aug 2010
I don't even know what to say... I cried throughout this whole chapter. Gil, out of all the characters I felt the most sorry for him. I just love the connection between Gil, Alice and Oz. Seeing Gilbert all alone was just too much for me. Vincent leaving was just overkill. I was afraid it was going to end with him all alone but then he reunited with his beloved Oz and Alice. That was the best possible ending I could've wish for. 10/10 for the final chapter and 9/10 for the manga. Definitely not a happy ending but I was extremely satisfied.
Apr 20, 2015 6:16 AM

Jul 2014
[i] Cried so much.

Beautiful ending.

The scene which Gil said he would wait for them and the reunion scene were the best.

Looking forward to read the next work of Mochizuki Jun.

So Xerxes died, huh? So sad.

Wish this manga would go on forever. So beautiful.
Definitely going to re-read it.

[/i]
Apr 21, 2015 9:36 PM

Jan 2014
Oh my god, this final chapter was beautiful, bittersweet and full of feels, I'm so glad that a friend of mine recommended this to me back in 2011.
The first part was beautiful with everyone making an appearance (Especially Elliot, Echo, Uncle Oscar and the relationship between Oz and his father) and looking happy, but when they returned I shed a tear when Oz and Alice were saying 'see you' to Gil ;-;, I feel bad as well for Rufus who never got married with Sheryl but at least he seems that he enjoyed the time he was with her. Ada and Vincent was a couple that I didn't like at the beginning, but since some chapters back I've found myself liking it and feeling bad because they were never a couple, but the last moment of Vincent with Gil was so beautiful :tears: . Sharon and Reim, made sense even as last minute as it happened. At the end Gil is like Hachiko, an excellent and loyal friend, he waited 100 years to see Oz and Alice again. Also I finally understand the reason of why every chapter was called ''retrace''.

10/10 I'll read this again so I can fully understand everything.
Apr 23, 2015 4:15 AM

Jul 2010
The tea party that'll never happen is making cry like a baby. So much feelings I'd say, bittersweet :'(
Still, thank you for this series, Mochizuki-sensei.
Apr 23, 2015 9:21 AM
Jul 2018
Awesome ending to my favourite manga!!! I really hope it gets another adaption, definitely deserves a remake.
Apr 23, 2015 10:14 PM

Apr 2013
I just finished reading it as soon as I heard it was online.

All I can say is WOW. Honestly, that was probably the best manga I've ever read, beginning to end.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Apr 24, 2015 5:21 PM
Jul 2012
mina-san , about what break asked oz in chapter 88 saying : " where are you ? "

oz' answer wasn't revealed , was it ?
Apr 25, 2015 4:25 AM

Nov 2008
replicantis said:

Even worse considering that, assuming Gilbert is reborn as a normal person they will never see each other again as their reincarnation cycles will keep missing each other.
And even that is assuming they even keep their memory. Which I don't think they will. How Oz even seems to have kept a part of his is baffling.

The whole thing is probably intended to be a bittersweet ending, but there is so much bittersweet stuff (more bitter than sweet really) happening here that to me it's an outright downer ending.
Apr 25, 2015 7:20 AM

Jun 2014
cloud-of-wishes said:
mina-san , about what break asked oz in chapter 88 saying : " where are you ? "

oz' answer wasn't revealed , was it ?

I was thinking about this too. I guess Mochizuki wanted to leave that up to our imagination, I highly doubt she just forgot.

Narzia said:
The whole thing is probably intended to be a bittersweet ending, but there is so much bittersweet stuff (more bitter than sweet really) happening here that to me it's an outright downer ending.

What was such a downer about it though? Gil was technically never supposed to see Alice and Oz again, but he was able to, even if they can only be together for a couple years.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 26, 2015 8:24 AM
Feb 2014
hiera said:
Brynhild said:
so... any word on when Volumes 23 and 24 will be released now?

In Japan on 27th June, both volumes.
No info about English release yet tho.

do you know or the official guide will be translated to english?
bc I really love to have those either
May 1, 2015 1:37 PM

Jan 2014
Oddyeus said:
Sharon marrying Reim? What the fuck? Also, no romantic conclusion between Alice and Oz? I'll assume the latter happened/happens at some point, but Sharon marrying Reim was stupid.

Makes complete sense to me. They've been through a shitload together and their closest living bonds are easily each other.
May 2, 2015 3:12 PM

Oct 2008
IeBraas168 said:
do you know or the official guide will be translated to english?
bc I really love to have those either

Yen Press hasn't translated any side work besides the first Caucus Race (to be released in June), so I doubt the new guide book will get an English version any time soon (or if at all).
May 2, 2015 11:54 PM
Dec 2013
I always looked forward to a new chapter and now I feel kinda empty that it ended.I don't think any manga will come close to my heart any time soon.
I liked the story,the characters and the ending.
Thanks,Jun Mochizuki!
May 3, 2015 3:17 AM

Feb 2010
This last chapter made a gratifying ending. It has ended beautifully, don't we agree? Pandora Hearts was one of the most developed storyline I've ever read. You think you know the next story? plot twist will screw you down to your last idea.

"Hearing your stories has added upon me yet another sin. More nightmares will come to me now. More than I previously had." - V.V.
★☆★☆
May 5, 2015 11:39 PM

Jul 2014
*finishes re reading*
ok now that I sort of understand what happened, WE NEED ANOTHER ANIME. PLEASE, ANIME GODS.
May 10, 2015 9:37 PM

Aug 2013
Yes the ending was bittersweet, but a little too much more bitter than sweet for me. I have been following this series for four years and the last few volumes just didn't feel the same as the rest of the series. Before the series was able to create some intense feels without main characters dying.
viisanJul 28, 2015 9:27 AM
May 23, 2015 4:37 PM
Apr 2011
Well the final guide book dose have a chapter probably an epilogue.
May 27, 2015 1:04 AM

Jul 2013
I'm happy with the ending after giving it some time to sink in, still not sure what to think about what happened to Jack though. It makes sense for him to have such an unsatisfying ending but it hurts to see his story end like this. At least his miserable existence is finally over I guess.

Looking forward to Caucus Race and her next series!
May 28, 2015 8:19 PM

Apr 2015
omg this last chapter was amazing. I never thought he would kill duke barma after he survived in the abysm. But still, it was a good ending for him. I loved the fact that Jun gave a proper ending to the characters and didn't created a happy ending story. The part of the abysm and laice and alice was a little difficult for me to understand and i still don't know if laice was the abysm or what happened there
Jun 8, 2015 5:24 PM
Sep 2014
10/10 probably will re-read it again because I love them all.
Jun 11, 2015 2:07 PM

Feb 2013
Bizarre manga, but the good kind of bizarre. No qualms with this ending.
Seems Barma was fine with being stuck in the friendzone for the rest of his life.
gedataJun 17, 2015 12:12 PM
Jun 18, 2015 9:56 PM

Jun 2008
This manga to me was a lot like what LOST the TV show was....

It started so great and interesting, but it became so convoluted and all the twists and turns and needless subplots took the fun out and just made me question it too much.

I put it on hold for more than a year until it finally ended.

To say the least, the ending was exactly what I expected, overly emotional and still not very comprehensive.

The art was great, and many of the characters were interesting.....I honestly can't say I liked the story because I completely forgot what the whole point even was.

6/10
Jun 18, 2015 10:16 PM

Jan 2014
JustALEX said:
This manga to me was a lot like what LOST the TV show was....

It started so great and interesting, but it became so convoluted and all the twists and turns and needless subplots took the fun out and just made me question it too much.

I put it on hold for more than a year until it finally ended.

To say the least, the ending was exactly what I expected, overly emotional and still not very comprehensive.

The art was great, and many of the characters were interesting.....I honestly can't say I liked the story because I completely forgot what the whole point even was.

6/10

I don't know what confused you, but pretty much everything that happened makes sense/has a valid explanation. If you have any specific questions, about story details or the themes (the "point"), feel free to ask. It sucks that the manga didn't hit you like it hit the rest of us, for whatever reason. I got the exact opposite impression, nearly. The manga started off interesting enough, but it's true brilliance wasn't unveiled until it hit the halfway point.
Jun 19, 2015 7:15 AM
Jun 2015
I loved the manga, but I don't care for the ending. I cried so much I had to read Princess Jellyfish afterwards to calm down.

I'll probably reread it, but this time I will be prepared. At least we got a glimpse of an alternate story where everyone was happy.
Jun 19, 2015 10:35 AM

Oct 2009
I agree with zacrathedemon5. I don't think I've ever met a single person who has not fallen in love with PH and its brilliancy after reading the entire series. Every single thing ever foreshadowed in this manga and every single doubt are referenced multiple times and cleared with proper, solid explanations by the end of it.

I'm trying to get some friends into it and they're mostly thrown off by the series' slow build, but it just wouldn't be the same if Mochizuki had set this up differently. People need to learn how to give PH time to reveal its true colors.

Pandora Hearts is a masterpiece.
coalasJun 19, 2015 10:39 AM
Jun 19, 2015 8:23 PM

Feb 2013
@JustALEX This series wasn't exactly easy to follow, but it wasn't a mess either. All of the plot revelations fit fairly nicely together. I think your problem may have lied in how you read it. Titles with dense plots like this ought to be read all once so that the details aren't forgotten. Expecting to get back on board after a year might be a bit much. The only subplot that I could have done without tbh was Echo's.
Jun 22, 2015 8:17 PM

Jan 2014
coalas said:
I agree with zacrathedemon5. I don't think I've ever met a single person who has not fallen in love with PH and its brilliancy after reading the entire series. Every single thing ever foreshadowed in this manga and every single doubt are referenced multiple times and cleared with proper, solid explanations by the end of it.

I'm trying to get some friends into it and they're mostly thrown off by the series' slow build, but it just wouldn't be the same if Mochizuki had set this up differently. People need to learn how to give PH time to reveal its true colors.

100% agreed.
Jun 24, 2015 2:39 AM

Jun 2008
gedata said:
@JustALEX This series wasn't exactly easy to follow, but it wasn't a mess either. All of the plot revelations fit fairly nicely together. I think your problem may have lied in how you read it. Titles with dense plots like this ought to be read all once so that the details aren't forgotten. Expecting to get back on board after a year might be a bit much. The only subplot that I could have done without tbh was Echo's.

The problem is quite simple.....this type of manga doesn't appeal to me, and I'm more than happy to admit that.

At the beginning it seemed very much like another shounen, Teenage MC, action, evil organization, good guys vs. bad guys, etc...

But that was only the surface, within it, it was pretty deep....but not the type of deep storytelling that really got to me.

And because of that I lost focus and interest.....although even like that I still believe it's kinda convoluted, even when I was following month to month, the twists and turns were too much and it just seemed unnecessary at times.

But who knows, maybe I have some bias against it since I didn't like the direction it went...

I know people that were big fans will say they perfectly understood it....of course, they enjoyed the story and were captivated by it, so it's easier for them to stay focused on what's going on.

Like I said though....this type of manga just doesn't appeal to someone like me....there were obvious elements that pandered to females more than males (and trust me, I'm 100% ok with that), and in the end as much as I actually DON'T like to admit this....I probably would've liked it better if it were more simplistic.

Sometimes simple is better....but I'm just speaking on my personal viewpoint.

Clearly this manga just wasn't for me, so that's not the manga's fault....it's my fault.

I gave it a 6/10 (despite the fact I didn't like the story too much and I actually was considering dropping it) because the art was indeed amazing and regardless of the story I'm a huge fan of manga art....and a few characters did interest me.
Jun 28, 2015 9:13 PM

Apr 2013
So...what happened to the other baskervilles (lottie, doug, lily, etc)?
Jun 28, 2015 9:47 PM

Jun 2015
Barion-Zara said:
Echo was is so damn cute <3<3

Fixing this for you :3

zacrathedemon5 said:
coalas said:

100% agreed.

Third.

Mushmallow said:

Probably died? Since it still goes unexplained and apparently Baskervilles can die too... Q_Q
MugipyonJun 28, 2015 9:54 PM
Echo Protection Squad | Bamco pls give Kresnik Bros happiness

Despair cause: dying children everywhere | ShinAya is important
―living a maso shipper life since 89.57% of her OTPs are Doomed by Canon―
Jun 28, 2015 9:49 PM

Apr 2014
There are no words to describe how amazing this manga was....
Beautiful ending and art
Ha. Ha. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA.
I'm laughing because you got hurt.
Jun 28, 2015 9:53 PM

Apr 2013
Mugipyon said:

Mushmallow said:

Probably died? Since it still goes unexplained and apparently Baskervilles can die too... Q_Q
Well yea. Leo probably did too at the very end. But I'd like some closure. Those characters were kinda important
Jun 28, 2015 10:02 PM

Jun 2015
Mushmallow said:
Mugipyon said:

Well yea. Leo probably did too at the very end. But I'd like some closure. Those characters were kinda important

I think MochiJun-sensei is kindly leaving it as an uncut thread, up to fans' interpretation. Or she feels like PH fans will understand what happened to the rest of the Baskervilles without her explaination.

And besides, I prefer it that way.
Echo Protection Squad | Bamco pls give Kresnik Bros happiness

Despair cause: dying children everywhere | ShinAya is important
―living a maso shipper life since 89.57% of her OTPs are Doomed by Canon―
Jun 28, 2015 11:05 PM

Jan 2014
Mushmallow said:
Mugipyon said:

She did give closure for the Baskervilles, though. That scene with them, Vincent, and the core. Seeing Lily with Reim. Not as much closure as the main trio, but of course not. They don't need as much.
Jul 7, 2015 4:10 PM

Jul 2013
Brilliant. Perfect. There is nothing I would change in this manga at all.
Reim and Sharon was a bit weird... but I guess Sharon deserved to move past Break.
Jul 20, 2015 11:12 AM

Jul 2013
A beautiful end for this manga; praise to the writer, Mochizuki Jun.
Jul 28, 2015 9:23 AM

Aug 2013
lulukinbarii said:
10/10 probably will re-read it again because I love them all.

Yes, I will need to read it again too. I started it a long time ago so it will be nice to read the beginning again and really see the connections with the later chapters.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Questions about the ending (spoilers)

Cestlavie_ - Apr 30

3 by Schalonym »»
Apr 30, 11:51 PM

» Is this better than Vanitas no Carte?

AjiX101 - Feb 17, 2022

10 by 234Mannan »»
Mar 6, 4:25 AM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Chapter 51 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Cho_Desu - Jul 18, 2010

59 by de9 »»
Jan 17, 5:12 PM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Chapter 49 Discussion

meeooowwwww - May 19, 2010

43 by de9 »»
Jan 17, 4:38 PM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Chapter 23 Discussion

Shouichirou - Jun 13, 2009

13 by de9 »»
Jan 14, 9:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.