Forum Settings
Forums
PandoraHearts
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 19, 2010 8:16 PM
Jan 2010
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Pretty good chapter, as expected. From what I understood from the raw:

- Break finally had the balls to tell Sharon about his blindness, and she took it quite well, she's so mature for her (apparent) age it's awesome
- Alice is apparently a excellent dancer, from back when she danced with Jack (though she doesn't remember doing so)
- Reim is a contractor!? (not sure if I read this correctly, but that;s what it sounded like)
- Yura seems to have something devious planned, of course, and Reo has some sketchy relationship with him
- cliffhanger at the end, with Reim's party meeting up with what seems to be someone from the Baskervilles (related to the head hunter, perhaps?)

Overall, great character development, especially w/ Sharon + Break.
meeooowwwwwMay 19, 2010 8:30 PM
May 20, 2010 2:32 PM

Aug 2007
What a touching scene between Break and Sharon~ Entirely sweet and not the least bit sappy. At least he told her finally instead of this sort of thing lasting for too long. Their relationship is really moving forward (romantic or not). Either way, I'm glad he sees her as a woman now. ;__;

I can't believe Reim is a contractor! I'm curious as to what sort of chain he has. Hope it's revealed now that he's run into Lily.

Yura is deceptively silly. It's clear now that he's dangerous, since the Baskervilles are at the party too. I also thought I saw Lottie there? Anyway, I'm expecting chaos to break soon.
May 20, 2010 8:16 PM

Apr 2010
Oh God. I sense so many bad things are about to happen now. I think that we'll soon be seeing some real character deaths. Just a hunch, but there haven't been like any deaths yet.

The whole thing with Leo really has me worried! He was in the orphanage at one point, right? Then he's an obvious target for the "deaths" (Clearly murder...).

Admittedly though, there were quite a few cute moments. Alice and Oz dancing was just adorable, and so was the whole Break/Sharon scene. I'm so happy he finally told her that he's blind. (: And I'm also happy that Alice and Gil are finally friends! :D Er, Frenemies I guess XD And was she attempting to copy Gil at the top of page 17? So funny!

Oh, and so is Lily technically the "Queen of Hearts"? That would make her the Headhunter? I don't know about that...If she only recently came out from Abyss, then who killed Elliot's brothers...? I'm really confused, but I guess we'll find out soon. (ER NOT SOON 1 MONTH!!! D:)

Oh, and poor Alice. Her corset looked so tight! XD
May 21, 2010 12:16 AM

Sep 2009
Stuff is happening!! WOO!!

Also, I think the first 5 pages of this chapter sum up the fangirl perspective on PH really well, although Gil should really keep his hair down.
May 21, 2010 1:39 AM

Nov 2007
this place is so full of explosives....shit WILL happen soon, and its going to be glorious...lets see

Gil/Oz/Alice - check
Sharon/Break - check
Vincent - check
Yura - check
Leo/Elliot - check
Baskervilles - check

seriously....this is a recipe for disaster
May 21, 2010 3:14 AM

Jul 2008
Break and Sharon were just fabulous in this chapter. I'm glad he is finally admitting to himself that she is not a little kid, despite her looks.

Main plot wise, it seems like things are heading downhill again. I wonder what Leo's connection is to Yura.

BEGINNER
May 21, 2010 3:50 AM

Sep 2009
Main plot-wise headed downhill? How? Looks to me like things are finally back to the main plot... and praise the gods for that! For a bit there I was worried this was turning into Kuroshitsuji ~_~;;
May 21, 2010 4:19 AM

Feb 2010
This one's a good chapter. I want to see Reim's chain and I want to know what's up with Leo & Yura. Can't wait for the next chapter~~
May 21, 2010 9:16 AM

Jan 2009
I'm expecting fangirls to surface as early as the first few pages.

Blunt Break is blunt.
And dancing Alice is wonderful~
Also, creepy Yura-dude is creepy.

Lastly, headhunter's appearance is once again imminent~
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
May 21, 2010 9:52 AM

Jan 2010
Okay, seriously. This series knows how to handle character development. The sequence with Sharon and Break was handled brilliantly, and is yet another example of why Pandora Hearts is so epic.
Something interesting I noticed was how Liam punched Break right after Break said he doesn't know how to deal with children--and what Break had to realize is Sharon is a grown woman despite appearances otherwise. Of course he's always known that fact, but I don't think the playful Break has quite seen Sharon the way he has now.

Great chapter--it's fun to have the noble house ball for the setting this time. Of course all the girls go crazy for Gilbert--but also Vincent too. XP
Very adorable when Alice gave Oz a feather. "You don't have to thank me, Oz!" Lol.
James is Phillip's father, right? The way Yura talked to Leo made me think that all the orphan kids know him? At any rate I wonder what Leo will do now that kids are dying. I'm trying to remember at the moment what the Nightray House's connection is with the orphanage... This may not be a correct connection, but perhaps the Headhunter is killing Nightrays because kids at the orphanage have been dying? I'll have to look into that.

The ending is a bit unclear to me. Liam and those guards have just found Lily and her Bandersnatch (lol!), and then Liam and Lily both look shocked. And then it's the Headhunter singing that song again. Are Liam and Lily being shocked from hearing the Headhunter approaching? Or is the Headhunter at a completely different part of the mansion, and Liam and Lily are just shocked from finding each other at the same moment?
And of course the Headhunter was still in the shadows. Hopefully we find out next chapter who it is, though I think there's some good possibilities here at the mansion. Yura seems too obvious a choice for me, but it's still a possibility I think. Plus there's no reason for him to steal the Jack fragment when he already has it. And unfortunately I suspect Leo a little bit, especially with this mysterious orphanage connection being played this chapter. I hope that's not the case though... The other person that stuck out to me a bit was Vanessa, Elliot's sister. I can't come up with a good reason for her to kill members of her own family though. I suppose similarly there's Elliot's mother, who was said to be a member of Yura's sect IIRC. The Headhunter also reminds me a bit of the Will of the Abyss, but she's in the Abyss, obviously. So many possibilities... can't wait for the chapter 50! o_o
May 21, 2010 12:03 PM
Jan 2010
Cholisose said:

James is Phillip's father, right? The way Yura talked to Leo made me think that all the orphan kids know him?

I believe James was one of the kids in the orphanage who died, and Yura was comparing him to Phillipe's father, saying that the kids have already forgotten him the way that Phillipe forgot about his dad.

Also, Vincent was at the party even though he apparently recently refused to go to social gatherings; I wonder if he has something planned. With the Baskersvilles present, it would not be a surprise if he did.
May 21, 2010 12:36 PM

Jan 2010
tillow214 said:
Cholisose said:

James is Phillip's father, right? The way Yura talked to Leo made me think that all the orphan kids know him?

I believe James was one of the kids in the orphanage who died, and Yura was comparing him to Phillipe's father, saying that the kids have already forgotten him the way that Phillipe forgot about his dad.

Yeah, I reread the chapter and realized that, whoops. And looking back at earlier chapters I can't find Phillipe's father's name anywhere. >_> They keep referring to him as Phillipe's father or Grim, his chain.

Also, Vincent was at the party even though he apparently recently refused to go to social gatherings; I wonder if he has something planned. With the Baskersvilles present, it would not be a surprise if he did.

I'm assuming he figured out that a piece of Glen's soul is at Yura's mansion. I think one of the Baskervilles said it'd be easy to triangulate where the rest of them were, though perhaps Vincent just suspected something was up when Oz orchestrated this event. At any rate Lily seems to know there's a sealing stone there. It seems odd that she's by herself, though the others are probably split up looking for it.
May 21, 2010 12:58 PM

Jun 2009
Cholisose said:
Okay, seriously. This series knows how to handle character development. The sequence with Sharon and Break was handled brilliantly, and is yet another example of why Pandora Hearts is so epic.

I couldn't agree with you more. It was an amazing chapter.
Break and Sharon seen was excellent.
Oz and Alice dancing was cute.
Seems like Reo is in some deep trouble.
And I hope Reim does not lose his head.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
May 21, 2010 2:08 PM

Mar 2009
Reim = Contracor?
.....WHAT

Any chapter with Break and Sharon development is an awesome chapter. Added with Alice and Oz moments makes it even more awesome :> Glad he's finally not only seeing her as a crying baby anymore. I figured the whole issue about him being blind would of been st reached out more, not that im complaining. Props to Sharon too, she took it way better then I thought she would. Im not the only one who wanted to see Break attempting to dance, right? coughcough..

Aww poor Reo. Sadly he's giving me suspicious vibes too. You figure Yura is involved with those experiments in the orphanage? But wow, practically everyone is there at one place how rare. Argg June 18, why must you be so far away ;_;
May 21, 2010 6:16 PM
Apr 2009
Quick question though, sorry for asking but..
How did Break lose his eyesight again?
May 21, 2010 8:50 PM

Sep 2009
misherux said:
How did Break lose his eyesight again?

After he summoned Mad Hatter to drag Gil away from shooting Oz's father. I mean, he normally coughs up blood from summoning Mad Hatter, but I guess that time something else snapped too.
May 21, 2010 9:16 PM

Jan 2010
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Break said at the beginning of the series that he probably didn't have too long to live. If I understand correctly, the more he uses the Mad Hatter, the more his body deteriorates.

As for Reim, I didn't find it too big a surprise that he has a chain... After all, he's in Pandora, right? Though I suppose not everyone in Pandora has a chain. But he seems to be one of the most important Pandora members from the Barma house, so it makes sense that he gets a decent chain. I suspect he will either be facing Lily or the Headhunter in a second... Perhaps Lily and Reim will have to team up momentarily.
May 22, 2010 10:21 PM

Jul 2008
Neiru2012 said:
Main plot-wise headed downhill? How? Looks to me like things are finally back to the main plot... and praise the gods for that! For a bit there I was worried this was turning into Kuroshitsuji ~_~;;
Downhill for the characters, not for the readers. :D

BEGINNER
May 23, 2010 4:11 AM

Oct 2009
This was a very exciting chapter! With all these badasses at the same place we can expect something bad-bad-bad. And next one is the 50th chapter, it should be great.

"Do not commit suicide 'til June 18th".
May 25, 2010 3:48 AM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 29, 2010 9:37 AM
Aug 2009
-What's wrong with Leo !? he looked liked he was connected to what's happening, not surprised.
- Nice act Vincent, too bad Ada already saw the real you.
- Oz is trying to be cool.
- Alice ~~ <3 long time no screen time (-T▽T-)
- Isla is being a creep is usual.
- Liam is making sense.
- Alice looked so cute while passionately wanting to dance <3 damn you Oz for ignoring such a cutie like her xD
- Sharon, you just reminded me of why i loved you <3
- Great, just more mystery, just what the hell is going on at that orphanage ?
- Who is that lady at the end ?

Mochizuki Jun, please don't stop being a genius :D
May 29, 2010 8:18 PM

Jan 2010
MiCKi said:

Lily? She's the latest Baskerville to show up in the present time. She's the teenybopper that Vincent flicked a chess piece at. >=]
May 30, 2010 3:58 AM
Aug 2009
I recognize Lily, she really seems to irritate Vincent xD but i meant this one:

May 30, 2010 11:53 AM

Jan 2010
Ah, didn't catch that. Maybe that's Lottie? What's also interesting is that there seems to be hooded figures at the fragment already. I wonder if those are Baskervilles, or if they're part of Yura's group (the latter seems more likely, since he mentioned a ceremony of some sort).
Jun 1, 2010 9:16 PM

Dec 2009
Break was cute thinking about Sharon in so many ways.x3 ( " what will i do if she cries?" etc... )
Jun 1, 2010 11:01 PM
Jun 2010
MiCKi said:
-What's wrong with Leo !? he looked liked he was connected to what's happening, not surprised.
- Nice act Vincent, too bad Ada already saw the real you.
- Oz is trying to be cool.
- Alice ~~ <3 long time no screen time (-T▽T-)
- Isla is being a creep is usual.
- Liam is making sense.
- Alice looked so cute while passionately wanting to dance <3 damn you Oz for ignoring such a cutie like her xD
- Sharon, you just reminded me of why i loved you <3
- Great, just more mystery, just what the hell is going on at that orphanage ?

Mochizuki Jun, please don't stop being a genius :D

I think I read and watched Pandora Hearts WAY too fast just to join into discussion without being spoiled.

I didn't catch that - What? Ada saw the real Vincent? The last thing I remember was Ada acting freakishly witch-like in front of Vincent and blabbering 5 hours about her interests?

And ahh Gilbert looks good with either hair down or up. X)
Jun 2, 2010 3:42 AM
Aug 2009
Cholisose said:
Ah, didn't catch that. Maybe that's Lottie? What's also interesting is that there seems to be hooded figures at the fragment already. I wonder if those are Baskervilles, or if they're part of Yura's group (the latter seems more likely, since he mentioned a ceremony of some sort).

Most likely, Yura doesn't give any crap to what would happen to either Pandora or the Baskervilles, as long he get knowledge, and figure out the abyss, and damn he can walk freely in both sides, such a bastard, but that coming of age ceremony will not end well.

pudding-milk said:
I think I read and watched Pandora Hearts WAY too fast just to join into discussion without being spoiled.

Don't do that, since Pandora Hearts is very confusing and hard to get, i think it would be better if you re-read some chapters so you don't get lost later ~~

pudding-milk said:
I didn't catch that - What? Ada saw the real Vincent? The last thing I remember was Ada acting freakishly witch-like in front of Vincent and blabbering 5 hours about her interests?

He lost control and yelled at her, she got Vincent to snap, nice going Ada~
Jun 5, 2010 3:36 PM

Aug 2009
Loved that chapter.
I really hope Break and Sharon feel more for each other now than just sibling love.

Btw, does anyone know when chapter 50 comes out? Can't wait.
Jun 5, 2010 8:13 PM
Aug 2009
Shouseki said:

On June 18th.
Jun 14, 2010 4:45 AM
Jun 2010
MiCKi said:
Shouseki said:

On June 18th.

Awesome, thanks!
Jun 17, 2010 6:23 PM

Apr 2009
Ahahaha, Alice was mimicking Gil at one point xD What is it with the two of them? I'm rooting for them to be a canon couple, but I'm 100% that what happens instead is that Gil becomes her big brother figure. -sighh- Oh well.

Break finally told her. And, well, seems like he finally noticed that Shalon's not a little girl anymore 8D

Reim is a contractor O__O I wonder what kind of chain he contracted...I hope he doesn't die at that mad loli's hands, I like him a lot D: (actually, there are no characters on the good guys' side that I DON'T like. That hasn't happened in quite a while.)
ALL.THE.NIGTRAY.BROTHERS. Heh. This is so good. SO good. I need the next chapter nao.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jun 19, 2010 2:37 AM
Jun 2010
MiCKi said:
Cholisose said:

Most likely, Yura doesn't give any crap to what would happen to either Pandora or the Baskervilles, as long he get knowledge, and figure out the abyss, and damn he can walk freely in both sides, such a bastard, but that coming of age ceremony will not end well.

pudding-milk said:

Don't do that, since Pandora Hearts is very confusing and hard to get, i think it would be better if you re-read some chapters so you don't get lost later ~~

pudding-milk said:

He lost control and yelled at her, she got Vincent to snap, nice going Ada~

I just read everything again more slowly, but Ada still seems to like Vincent?!

Anyway I really wonder who the headhunter is and I dunno why they're all so sure it's woman.
Jun 20, 2010 6:53 AM
Jun 2010
Sorry to double post, it's a bit empty in here anyway.

My guesses for the headhunter are :
Some brainwashed orphans who gain super abilities to 'head hunt'
Duchess Nightray
Oz's mother. I had a theory for Oz's mother which I had in the shower but forgot now, and a theory to contradict the thought which I also forgot. -.-
Jun 20, 2010 8:33 AM

Jan 2010
Damn, everyone looks so adorable in formal clothes~~~ :3

Love the part where the Nightray adopted brothers entered. (Liam and Break's expressions were totally priceless xD)
And I personally like what Oz was wearing. *green with envy*

Aaaanyway, I honestly don't know how to react when Break finally had the courage and decided to tell Sharon that he was blind(I mean, should I be relieved or pissed or whatever), but the whole scene itself was touching somehow.

The way that moment held everything together was just amazing (the comedy and the drama *sigh*. Of course that's just my opinion), but for Sharon not to freak out was sort of kinda expected in way, since you can't keep treating her as the damsel in distress. Sure she poses as the lady of the group but, you have to admit, for a lady, she already emits this strong aura that says "Don't underestimate me, I'm stronger than you think", well, maybe not physically, but you know what I mean
Sides, Break was the one who was acting more like a baby, a cute baby at that, LOL. (Gives two thumbs up for character development)

So yeah, can't wait for chapter 50 (june 18 has passed so where is it?!), I want to see the head huntress already, Liam's chain, is very curious about the Bandersnatch, what's up with Leo and the orphans and sorry if I might sound weird but I yearn more of Yura, he amuses me too much. :|
Jul 4, 2010 11:51 PM

Sep 2008
DARN IT, Kevin deserves to die after what he did to Lotti! There should be no more happiness in it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 25, 2015 7:13 AM
Jun 2015
That scene between Break and Sharon was cute. I regret calling her annoying now X(
Well, Isla is probably the first character in this manga that I have grown to hate. And I don't even hate Vincent(Yet).
Dec 2, 2015 7:48 AM

Aug 2014
Sharon x Xerxes is just such a beautiful relationship ;~;

Isla is one creepy fellow, already from this chapter I'm quite sure I will be hating him.
Apr 12, 2016 8:54 PM
Aug 2015
Awww, this chapter was so cute. I especially loved the part where the girls were fangirling over Gil and Vincent and the part where Alice and Oz were dancing. Kyahhhh ~ !

Sharon took Break's blindness very well, which I didn't expect.

I feel like I've seen Yura in the anime or something before because he looks familiar... Very creepy character, and he probably has a darker motive for inviting Oz to his mansion. Hope Liam doesn't lose his head!

lol do not commit suicide until June 18th xD
Aug 30, 2016 6:40 AM

Sep 2014
Alice's really taken a liking to Gil, imitating him and such xD
Alice's and Oz dancing was so cute, also that smile <3, you had to ruin it Oz!!!

Sharon and Break moment was really great, glad he finally realized Sharon's no longer a little girl.

I wonder what Leo's connection with that Yura creep, doesn't look good..
And the Baskervilles and Headhunter are here as well, this is gonna be a disaster...
Dec 9, 2016 9:22 AM

Jan 2016
I got diabetes from looking at Break and Sharon
and Alice and Oz too!
that "do not commit suicide 'til June 18" note at the end was dark lol
Dec 25, 2017 6:14 AM

Mar 2015
Alice x Oz and Sharon x Break is quite nice in this chapter... but damn... Yura is just a bad guy after all with experimentation and whatnot. I wonder why Reo didn't try to tell him to anyone. Maybe the kids were used as hostages?

Also please don't die Liam.

Apr 8, 2022 10:21 AM

Feb 2021
Damn, shit's really going down now, definitely won't commit suicide til June 18
Apr 26, 2023 10:43 AM
Sep 2019
Yea, they definitely did not died from the flu. As i said in chapter 42, the orphanage is planning sth or they're working together with someone. The kids probably got sacrificed for chains or sth.

But – finally – Break has told Sharon he's blind. Fi-na-lly.

Also, Liam is not dying. I hope. I refuse to believe he might die... He will not, you hear me!
Jan 17, 4:38 PM
Feb 2017
finally confirmation that reim is a contractor as well!! :D

More topics from this board

» Is this better than Vanitas no Carte?

AjiX101 - Feb 17, 2022

10 by 234Mannan »»
Mar 6, 4:25 AM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Chapter 51 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Cho_Desu - Jul 18, 2010

59 by de9 »»
Jan 17, 5:12 PM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Chapter 23 Discussion

Shouichirou - Jun 13, 2009

13 by de9 »»
Jan 14, 9:46 AM

Poll: » Pandora Hearts Chapter 34 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Jul 10, 2009

38 by hidarslan »»
Dec 24, 2023 7:46 PM

» Regarding the plot

MibuKyou - Sep 6, 2023

11 by Ochimusha »»
Oct 18, 2023 9:19 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.