Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 11, 2015 2:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Aww I think Yuuma is adorable as kid in the flashbacks. Quite interesting to see his rivalry with Minato come head to head on the battlefield this time.

Kinda surprised at Minato fighting like that, it's like he is putting everything into this battle. Also glad to see Sekai and Hoshino come to Yuuma's help as teammates. I just love how the episode portrays Yumma's rivalry with Minato though. Really intense especially w/the OST used :3

Yuuma's eyes were so fierce this episode.

Mar 11, 2015 5:04 AM

Mar 2013
Intense battle for the rivals
The OST for this episode was really good
Mar 11, 2015 5:05 AM

Apr 2012
Redmyr said:

The OST for this episode was really good

Of course it was, it's the same one used for Star Build Strike VS Fenice.

I loved every minute of it.
Sakai and Yuuma really gave it their all. Now that's a fight!
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Mar 11, 2015 5:20 AM

Sep 2011
Genuine Tryon fusion + massive particle cannon = Most epic episode so far!

Really like the concept of Plavsky Power Gate (>_<)

Lightning's

Star Build Strike's
greansealMar 11, 2015 5:47 AM
Kon'nichiwa!
Ogenkidesuka?

For those who play 3DS, please add my Friend Code
0662-3506-8849
Mar 11, 2015 5:44 AM

Jun 2008
Man the people still referencing Tryon 3 to "Power Rangers" is like trying to peel off a Scab...It's just fukin' irritating.

Besides that, AWESOME Episode, dat finishing Move. Too bad they got plot armor though, but it's still an awesome fight.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Mar 11, 2015 6:09 AM

Sep 2013
totally loved all the OSTs that were played in this episode (especially the OST during Tryon 3's transformation sequence).
The Super Robot-like hotbloodedness of the characters are very appealing.

Man, that awesome plavsky gate is quite awesome. I really want to see the next episode so bad right now.

I gues Episode 23 will be a calm before the storm episode and then 24 will be the final battle.
Mar 11, 2015 6:46 AM
Mar 2013
That was awesome! May be my favorite episode of Try. I'm almost positive now there's going to be a season 3, because they're forshadowing this open tournament thing once again with this episode (and hint that Lucas may fight Sekai there). Sadly, as much as I liked this fight, I'm let down greatly. I say this because all this episode proved to me, is that Yuuma was not better than his rival or surpassed him. I mean he had to use Fumina's strength to even weaken the Tryon 3, which right there renders his win against Minato not impressive at all (this wouldn't be a problem, if it wasn't for the fact that Minato is one of his personal rivals like Saga), when he didn't win the whole fight with his own strength. I'm really annoyed by the fact that Fumina and Yuuma back off and let Sekai fight Junya by himself from start to finish, but Sekai and Fumina don't show the same respect when Yuuma is against his rival (they already know Minato is the one controlling the Tryon 3, yet they don't back off for Yuuma like they did for Sekai!).
RoychopJun 15, 2015 5:15 PM
Mar 11, 2015 6:56 AM

Oct 2014
Waa that fight was so epic and intense! Especially loved all the OST used.

Mar 11, 2015 8:05 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Tokoya said:

Oh well, at least we can say that he fought them all at once and owned them AND we can also make an argument that since he was low on particles that as well as him not having a 5 star team like they do is why he lost

I'm really happy to see that Wilfred admitted that he would have lost if Lucas's Gunpla wasn't low on particles because not only does that show that they (The entire team) have the upmost respect for him by not being salty/dicks about it (Great character development for them here) now, my comment above has been 1000% confirmed

If this was 1v1 Lucas would have rekt any one of them on any given day but alas, this is a team tourney and he went up against absolute beasts with a sub par team, so imo his hype has not deflated one bit. I also loved how he took responsibility for everything With no regrets and was completely sincere about everything he said....THAT is a true leader and champion right there

Other than that, this episode was really good and I LOVED the fact that Minato completely owned Team Try Fighters for most of the match. That machine was VERY impressive to say the least.

Overall it was a great battle, loved the emotions that it had between all participants, the character development was perfect and Yuuma vs Minato was great to see...The displays of techniques and power was fantastic on both sides as well (Particularly Hoshino yet again this week and Yuuma with dat power gate)

People are gonna call plot armour here and logically Minato should have let time run out, but that's not what this show is about, it's about people giving their all for what they love and never backing down no matter what. This episode is what true Gunpla Battle and just general respect for your opponents/rivals is all about

Brilliant episode from start to finish and if it wasn't obvious by now already, I can already see that S3 Open International Tournament on the horizon and I can't wait :D
TokoyaMar 11, 2015 8:21 AM
Mar 11, 2015 8:48 AM

Jun 2008
Roychop said:
That was awesome! May be my favorite episode of Try. I'm almost positive now there's going to be a season 3, because they're forshadowing this open tournament thing once again with this episode (and hint that Lucas may fight Sekai there).

And you know for me its the opposite, I feel like their going to lose to Gunpla Academy in the end. I think they will give it their all but come up just a tad short. I guess the moral would be you can't win them all but it's about having fun. >.> I can already hear Sekai saying he'll be back stronger than ever or some thing like that.

But hey, I'm hoping for a season 3 too.
Mar 11, 2015 9:46 AM

Jul 2012
Testament956 said:
Roychop said:
That was awesome! May be my favorite episode of Try. I'm almost positive now there's going to be a season 3, because they're forshadowing this open tournament thing once again with this episode (and hint that Lucas may fight Sekai there).

And you know for me its the opposite, I feel like their going to lose to Gunpla Academy in the end. I think they will give it their all but come up just a tad short. I guess the moral would be you can't win them all but it's about having fun. >.> I can already hear Sekai saying he'll be back stronger than ever or some thing like that.

Yep. I don't see how Team Try Fighters will beat Gunpla Academy, there is just no way.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Mar 11, 2015 10:04 AM
Mar 2013
bjorno said:
Testament956 said:

Yep. I don't see how Team Try Fighters will beat Gunpla Academy, there is just no way.

I think Fumina and Yuuma will beat Saga and Shia, but Sekai and Wilfrid being the two left and going at it. If Sekai loses, I have a feeling they might still go into another season just because they keep on mentioning this open tournament thing (and it isn't just one character saying it).
Mar 11, 2015 10:12 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Roychop said:
bjorno said:

I think Fumina and Yuuma will beat Saga and Shia, but Sekai and Wilfrid being the two left and going at it. If Sekai loses, I have a feeling they might still go into another season just because they keep on mentioning this open tournament thing (and it isn't just one character saying it).
It's pretty much set up for Yuuma to beat Saga but for some reason I see Fumina losing to Shia...Dunno why
Mar 11, 2015 10:29 AM

Jun 2008
I think Fumina and Yuuma will defeat Shia and Saga, but at the process of having their own gundams destroyed as well. So no assist help for Sekai who will then lose to Wilfrid. Thus Wilfrid will be the only one left standing and wins the tournament.

Maybe I'm wrong but doesn't the open tournament only have the champions of each nation participating? So if Try fighters lose they can't participate right?
The only way I can see this going into season 3 is if Gunpla Academy can't for whatever reason participate and the runner's up, being Try Fighters take their place.
Mar 11, 2015 11:12 AM
Sep 2014
One thing that hasn't happened the whole tournament is a tie. By rules the tie will then be decided on a one on one match. I think the last three episodes would consist of the Gunpla Academy tying with the Try Fighters. (Thus having both teams participate in the future open tournament)

Sekai and Wilfrid will then have their one on one match a day after where each team tries to super boost their one gundam. (Try Burning Gundam + Star Winning Armor + Full Burnern backpack)

Of course this is just my wild prediction of an ending.

On this episode though:

Lucas pretty much announced a season two where the fighters would face world level competitors. If the open tournament would still be three on three then I could see lots of new faces on each country's teams and better upgrades to the Try Fighters' gundams. Of course there is that Reiji, Aila, Sei team that they have to beat.
Mar 11, 2015 11:14 AM

Sep 2012
Testament956 said:
I think Fumina and Yuuma will defeat Shia and Saga, but at the process of having their own gundams destroyed as well. So no assist help for Sekai who will then lose to Wilfrid. Thus Wilfrid will be the only one left standing and wins the tournament.

Maybe I'm wrong but doesn't the open tournament only have the champions of each nation participating? So if Try fighters lose they can't participate right?
The only way I can see this going into season 3 is if Gunpla Academy can't for whatever reason participate and the runner's up, being Try Fighters take their place.

No, the Gunpla Academy will participate in the Open World Tournament because they are the people that are doing all the tournaments, that's why Meijin Kawaguchi could participate in the World Tournament of BF.

So I think the Try Fighters will win the National Tournament and then participate in the Open World Tournament along Fellini, Meijin Kawaguchi, etc.
Mar 11, 2015 12:34 PM

Aug 2010
Open Tournament? Sequel confirmed yet??? >.<!

Dat Battle doe! So friggin EPIC!! Fumina's winning just keeps friggin surprising the hell out of me :O Her building skills are way to underrated. She's got mad skills!!

I doubt Gunpla Academy will use the same technique attacking Sekai's weak point. They want to battle full on!

Yuuma vs Minato was intense af!!! Dat beam pew pew duke out XD Good stuff definitely :3
Mar 11, 2015 1:11 PM
Apr 2011
The open tournament will probably be 1v1 like in the original series with anyone being able to enter (hence open). One on one is definitely preferable to the superficial team aspect that Try is currently foisting on us. Sekai will probably be the only one to enter the open tournament since Fumina and Yuu don't have world-level potential.
Mar 11, 2015 2:13 PM

Feb 2013
This Battle was friggin' Awesome..........Probably the only fight in the nationals with TRY Fighters that I wholeheartedly enjoyed
Mar 11, 2015 2:21 PM

Sep 2011
Everything in this episode screamed "Sequel to come" or "More episodes than 25/26". Mejin cup, and the other open tournament.
Mar 11, 2015 2:37 PM

Feb 2012
I felt the hotbloodedness rushing through me,

That combination sequence, nice super robot background music, they even had a sheiled to protect themselves while combining, reminds me of the vortex thing from GaoGaiGar.

Man Build Busters should have one, Sakai Minato needs a spinoff.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Mar 11, 2015 3:39 PM
May 2008
some stuff doesn't seem to add up. :( Like the try fighters were totally owned and the build busters didn't even get a scratch on them.. Then they protected yumma who was able to beat the build busters..Unless a lot of the moves the build busters used were one time use moves or something..
Mar 11, 2015 4:54 PM

Nov 2012
Hmm,if this ends up being more than 25 episodes going to drop.
Mar 11, 2015 5:22 PM

Jan 2012
RIP Tryon 3.
Manly tears were shed from Oobari-ness
Overdramatic yelling during the 2nd half of episode aside, this episode was alright.
Mar 11, 2015 10:48 PM

Aug 2009
different said:
some stuff doesn't seem to add up. :( Like the try fighters were totally owned and the build busters didn't even get a scratch on them.. Then they protected yumma who was able to beat the build busters..Unless a lot of the moves the build busters used were one time use moves or something..
Tryon 3's strength is its massive source of particles from 3 machines giving it overpowering weapons and moves just like in Super Robots. Minato tried to eliminate Sekai first who was the biggest threat. Tryon 3 outgunned Fumina and Yuuma combined on their collision of beams because Tryon 3 had particles from 3 machines while they had 2 (because Sekai was down). Tryon 3 could use those overpowered techniques but of course it's not like its particle source is unlimited, that's why after they used their killer move yet Yuuma managed to survive it, Yuuma was able match their attack.
Mar 12, 2015 12:27 AM

Oct 2008
I really thought Minato would say: "Hoero! Zabimaru!"

Mar 12, 2015 7:08 AM

Aug 2011
Thought this was Gunpla, not jigen robo.
Mar 12, 2015 9:12 AM

Jan 2014
I hate it when fumina and sekai beaten so easily just because of particle beams. how are they supposed to fight gunpla when they got beaten with just beam particles?
Mar 12, 2015 9:28 AM

Aug 2014
Plavsky particles dominate the endgame now. Contrary to the earlier discussion, I doubt Try Fighters will lose. I rather the next BF be another restart rather than a sequel. Decent fight between Minato and Yuuma. Best part is Obari.
QuattroVaginasMar 12, 2015 4:08 PM
Sieg Zeon!
Mar 12, 2015 11:39 AM

Oct 2011
Amazing
Mar 12, 2015 1:50 PM

Mar 2014
Well that was a great fight, maybe even the best in BFT. Loved the energy going on here.

Was I the only one cheering for Team build busters? Love Minato
Mar 12, 2015 4:00 PM

Feb 2013
What's the Oobari reference people are mentioning
Mar 12, 2015 5:02 PM

Feb 2012
Sakai called Yuuma the second coming of Sei Iori, another a Unicorn reference, also paralleling what Ral said earlier in the series with Sekai being the second coming of Reiji.

King_of_Devils said:
The animator Masami Obari.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Mar 12, 2015 6:51 PM
Dec 2014
King_of_Devils said:

btw anyone knows the ost that plays between 16:42-17:54?
payKevMar 12, 2015 6:59 PM
Mar 13, 2015 3:39 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
I never thought Tryon-3 was such a formidable mobile suit. Sure, Its moves were flashy, but actually they were strong as heck.

Minato could've won, if only not for his stupid hypocrisy. That was a good choice when he was backing down after his clash with Lighnting Gundam

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Mar 14, 2015 3:42 PM

Apr 2008
I need a drink after this ep.
It was so crazy. And I watched it after Reconguista.
Mar 15, 2015 8:12 AM

Oct 2009
Holy shit that was awesome! Most of the battles as of late have been disappointing but this took me by surprise! Dam Tryon was OP, though they probably would've had a easier time if Sekai didn't rush in first.
Mar 15, 2015 11:53 AM
May 2010
oh! god...

after compare 21 and 22 EP, I feel like Hard work vs luck.

- Gunpla Academy is truly skills, every aspect of their fight reflect highly skills. They know enemy spec, enemy tactics, etc. Like they can predict where Lucas is by judging from spec.

- But Try fighter I feel like depend on luck (since start, they got Build Burning from a trophy....) and still no new function add and only depend on Jigen Haoh skills. It is somehow they just end up winning by being main character.

Co-ordinate attack also rarely happen. if it is not Sekai, he would die from being in the middle of beam blast. For short, Try Burning is immortal. I don't see any tactics from their fight, only sheer force and strong will.

Sekai dealing almost 0 damage in this episode with 3-1 they got overpower but in the end Yuma manage to win 1-1 alone, great! How can machine potent increase, from moral?

And next, if they win against Gunpla Academy, no word. But they will since story have meijin kawaguchi and lady await.
boeonozMar 15, 2015 11:58 AM
Mar 22, 2015 10:48 PM

Jul 2013
A sequel where Sekai fights others like Ricardo or Sei?

Maybe Reiji will show up as well.
Mar 25, 2015 8:06 PM

Feb 2011
I would be lying to myself if this wasn't one of the epicest episode i have ever watched :) Minato is such a freaking badass with his Tryon-3! And was i the only one who get flashbacks of Gaogaigar when Tryon-3 picks up it's sword and slowly saying Tryzan One, Two and Three?

Damn! Minato could easily have won this match cause he has a overpowered super robot hahahaha. And as always GBF series never ever fails to keep me all pumped up :p Epic OST!
Apr 5, 2015 9:20 AM

Jun 2009
LOLOL the fuckin' kabe don (wall slam). I think Hoshino got hot for a second.
Albert Einstein said:
The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.

Neil deGrasse Tyson said:
For me, I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.

May 3, 2015 5:49 PM

Jan 2013
HYPE

I haven't felt this thrilled since watching TTGL.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Oct 2, 2015 6:23 AM
Jul 2013
If you can't beat your opponent with the power of nakama,don't worry,because they will THROW THE GAME WITH THE POWER OF NAKAMA!
I mean,yeah,i get the reason for the 1v1,even like it to a certain degree,but their coach would probably cap himself(maybe that's why they don't have one.rip).
"You must not be preoccupied with yourself. You won’t be able to see anything. You’ll be unable to move a step. Care about other people, if you do, you’ll understand that it’s worth living no matter how painful the world is."
Apr 20, 2016 11:18 PM

Mar 2014
As the name Indicates , The World recognized you !!
Second match of the Semifinals !! Team Try Fighters vs. Team Build Busters !!
Classic Super Robot Transformation !! Awesome !!
Once again , "THE MODEL OF THE HEART."
Superb EPISODE ~ !!! The Feelings were combined with the Animation ~ .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 26, 2017 4:25 AM

May 2011
Tryon 3, you were too good for this sinful earth ;_;7
Alas, bullshit nakama and plot powers were stronger...

Yuuma has no right to call himself the victor as builder or a fighter, he only won through the sacrifice of his team mates and because he lucked out and managed to land next to his rifle.
Oct 16, 2017 10:37 PM

Dec 2012
Dat handshake.
Fumina oppai.
Tryon 3!!!
Hissatsu!
Dat sword.
Dat G.
Fumina oppai.
Oh, look. Sakai's teammates telling him to be stupid so Yuuma can win. lol
Dat ending.
Battle ended.
They won.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Dec 8, 2022 1:18 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
second semi-final and a hard victory!!!! kekeke

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gundam Build Fighters Try Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2015

75 by Ranxomare »»
Dec 9, 2022 2:46 AM

Poll: » Gundam Build Fighters Try Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2015

58 by Ranxomare »»
Dec 8, 2022 11:44 PM

Poll: » Gundam Build Fighters Try Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2015

28 by Ranxomare »»
Dec 8, 2022 1:36 PM

Poll: » Gundam Build Fighters Try Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2015

46 by Ranxomare »»
Dec 8, 2022 12:49 PM

Poll: » Gundam Build Fighters Try Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2015

36 by Ranxomare »»
Dec 8, 2022 10:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.