Forum Settings
Forums

American teen flies 7000 miles for online love- She rejects him (pics)

New
Mar 4, 2015 8:38 PM

Oct 2011
A lovesick American teenager almost died after getting drunk and nearly drowning in a river when he was dumped by a young Chinese woman he flew 7000 miles to visit.

The 18-year-old, who was only named by his surname Pratt in Chinese media, had travelled from his home state of Ohio across to Jiangshan, a city in Zhejiang province in China, after becoming infatuated with a young woman he had met online.

But after getting the cold shoulder from his online ladylove when he turned up, he started drinking and was found suffering from hypothermia and unconscious on the staircase leading down into the Xu River.

A spokesman from the Cheng Bei Police Station quoted on Qianjiang TV said: 'He was unconscious and lying in a pool of his own vomit. It looks as if he might have fallen in the water at some stage as his clothes and shoes were soaked. To be honest he was so inebriated, he could easily have drowned. It was only a short distance to the water.'

Pratt was taken to a local hospital and after regaining consciousness discovered that he had also managed to lose all of his money meaning he could no longer pay for his hotel room.

However after hearing about his hard luck story, the hotel manager decided to let the teenager have the room for free.

He admitted to police that he did not know the girl's real name, only her online pseudonym which was Xiaoqian, and he also admitted he had only started talking to her this year. Because she had perfect English and great photographs, he had fallen head over heels in love and had promised to come and visit her.

Police said it appears the young woman may not have taken him seriously until he suddenly turned up in Xiamen, in Fujian Province, and then went to Jiangshan to meet the girl.

Detectives confirmed from his mobile phone that he did try to ring her several times, after which he was told to leave her alone – and his number was blocked.

Depressed about the rejection, Pratt had started drinking and was last seen cursing and staggering near Xu River, where he was found passed out later that night.

Police tracked the young woman down, but she again refused to meet him despite hearing about the fact that he had almost died.

A police spokesman said: 'We followed his progress until he left the country, and he is already on the plane back to the United States.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2975990/Infatuated-American-teen-drowns-freezing-Chinese-river-flying-7-000-miles-meet-girl-fell-love-internet-getting-blind-drunk-told-wasn-t-interested.html

GovMar 6, 2015 5:41 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 4, 2015 8:39 PM

Apr 2014
A prayer for our fallen brother in the friendzone
Mar 4, 2015 8:43 PM

Nov 2008
Damn, crash and burn almost to death, you can send the man back to the US now if all he did was try to commit suicide and hopefully the pics of the witch are shown on the internet so she won't get any love again as driving someone to suicide is wrong.

Mar 4, 2015 8:45 PM

Apr 2013
Hoppy said:
Damn, crash and burn almost to death, you can send the man back to the US now if all he did was try to commit suicide and hopefully the pics of the witch are shown on the internet so she won't get any love again as driving someone to suicide is wrong.
That's hardly the appropriate response at all. The fuck?
Mar 4, 2015 8:45 PM

Mar 2013
Don't worry shes tsundere. she'l come crawling back to him.
Happy Halloween
Mar 4, 2015 8:46 PM

Jan 2009
love the greatest double-edge sword
Mar 4, 2015 8:47 PM

Nov 2010
What a loser. What the fuck are you flying all that way for if you don't even know if she feels the same way.

Sep 2013
Protaku94 said:
A prayer for our fallen brother in the friendzone

Amen. Let's have a moment of silence and take this lesson to heart. His sacrifice will be remembered.

Nov 2008
Mushmallow said:
Hoppy said:

He flew 7000 miles to to see her and got rejected, it costs money to fly that far you know, and he was in another country and got rejected, think about the pain this poor fool is suffering, he's alone in China with no other friends to comfort him. He kinda deserved it (for flying that far prematurely) but also didn't deserve to nearly die from it.

Mar 4, 2015 8:48 PM

Feb 2013
Don't know if he's a fucking idiot, or she's the biggest bitch on earth.

Mar 4, 2015 8:49 PM

Nov 2008
gissellebatista said:

Both are correct.

Mar 4, 2015 8:53 PM
Feb 2014
Poor soul :c
Mar 4, 2015 8:54 PM

Jan 2015
I smh at both of them
Him for believing in an online love
Her for leading him on and then being a bitch

But I do pity the poor guy :c

Nov 2010
Hoppy said:
Mushmallow said:

He flew 7000 miles to to see her and got rejected, it costs money to fly that far you know, and he was in another country and got rejected, think about the pain this poor fool is suffering, he's alone in China with no other friends to comfort him. He kinda deserved it (for flying that far prematurely) but also didn't deserve to nearly die from it.
He chose to go there and drink, she didn't drive him to suicide, his stupidity did. What is she supposed to take some guy she doesn't know into her house just because he flew from America?

Apr 2013
Hoppy said:
Mushmallow said:

so...the proper course of action is to publicly shame the woman involved without knowing her side of the story?
Mar 4, 2015 8:58 PM

Mar 2013
It's probably better this way. If she'd have accepted, and eventually dump/divorce, it'd probably result in something worse.
Or she could have accepted and make do with what she has.
Or he could have realized that he's an idiot for that sort of mindset and stopped while he had the chance.
Or he could have done it through skype or some shit, and somehow reassure their relationship with one another.

Either way, both piss me off.
Happy Halloween
Mar 4, 2015 9:03 PM

Dec 2014
what's Chief Keef doing there? lol
Mar 4, 2015 9:03 PM

Apr 2013
poor dude must be lonely as hell to have done that in the first place. a fucking idiot sure, but a pitiable one too. hope it all works out for him.
Mar 4, 2015 9:06 PM

Nov 2008
Mushmallow said:
Hoppy said:

so...the proper course of action is to publicly shame the woman involved without knowing her side of the story?

You do realize the guy is already publicly shamed as well for his idiocy, just look at how pathetic he's looking right now. It's no longer unfair.

PDot19 said:
It's probably better this way. If she'd have accepted, and eventually dump/divorce, it'd probably result in something worse.
Or she could have accepted and make do with what she has.
Or he could have realized that he's an idiot for that sort of mindset and stopped while he had the chance.
Or he could have done it through skype or some shit, and somehow reassure their relationship with one another.

Either way, both piss me off.

Yeah she should've stopped this fool from coming at the first sign he was trying to meet her. The Skype option would've been good as the rejection would been much smoother and we wouldn't have shit like this. There's so much blame that both share and it would've been solved with common sense.

Mar 4, 2015 9:10 PM

Apr 2013
Hoppy said:

You do realize the guy is already publicly shamed as well for his idiocy, just look at how pathetic he's looking right now. It's no longer unfair.

I can't agree with your 'eye for an eye' mentality. Either way, the women seems to not have taken him seriously. A retaliation via public humiliation is completely uncalled for.
Mar 4, 2015 9:12 PM

Jun 2014
This is probably just as bad as this:

Mar 4, 2015 9:13 PM
Sep 2014
DefMos said:
what's Chief Keef doing there? lol

I found this too funny ^
Mar 4, 2015 9:14 PM

Aug 2007
IntroverTurtle said:
Hoppy said:

He chose to go there and drink, she didn't drive him to suicide, his stupidity did. What is she supposed to take some guy she doesn't know into her house just because he flew from America?

"Police tracked the young woman down, but she again refused to meet him despite hearing about the fact that he had almost died."

That's what makes her a bitch.
Mar 4, 2015 9:17 PM

Apr 2013
Drunk_Samurai said:
IntroverTurtle said:

"Police tracked the young woman down, but she again refused to meet him despite hearing about the fact that he had almost died."

She's a bitch sure, but it's not her fault that he's unstable as fuck. Dude needs some serious help.
Mar 4, 2015 9:17 PM

Nov 2010
Drunk_Samurai said:
IntroverTurtle said:

So she should meet him and probably be publicly shamed or at least known just because he chose to fly out there by himself without checking with her and then got drunk when she rightfully so turned him away?

That's what makes you a dumbass.
Mar 4, 2015 9:18 PM

Oct 2011
zat-bust said:

Naw that is much worse. A real beta pussy through to the end.

Smh.
Mar 4, 2015 9:20 PM

Nov 2008
Borgov said:
zat-bust said:

Smh.

That's also even more stupid, the man should've broke up instead of committing suicide.

Mar 4, 2015 9:22 PM

Apr 2013
Hoppy said:
Borgov said:

Smh.

That's also even more stupid, the man should've broke up instead of committing suicide.

I doubt it was just because of the crazy/annoying gilfriend. Guy probably got fed up with life in general.
Mar 4, 2015 9:25 PM

Sep 2012
If somebody I was talking to from here fucking flew from another country to meet me, yes, that'd make me uncomfortable and I wouldn't want to see them either. That's a pretty damn strange and drastic thing to do.
Mar 4, 2015 9:29 PM
Feb 2014
Still better than Davido-kun :)
Mar 4, 2015 9:30 PM

Nov 2008
TheRealNico said:
Davido-kun strikes again?

What white trash comes out of that shit hole state of Ohio?

This is like the second or third screwed up story that involves someone from Ohio in less than a month, the last one was that little girl killing a baby.

Mar 4, 2015 9:30 PM
Feb 2014
Hoppy said:
TheRealNico said:
Davido-kun strikes again?

What white trash comes out of that shit hole state of Ohio?

This is like the second or third screwed up story that involves someone from Ohio in less than a month, the last one was that little girl killing a baby.

I edited my post because I found out he wasn't white :S

Still, Ohio is one mentally fucked up state, jeez.
Mar 4, 2015 9:33 PM

Feb 2015
But if someone was to fly out, you'd have some clue about it.

I doubt he looked her up, got her info, etc.. all without her knowing what he was planning.

If he did, he's even crazier and she was right to not meet him.

I've talked to people on those proximity apps, and it's been entirely casual and not at all suggestive and suddenly they're like "Hey! I'm like 1000ft from you now! Where are you? Let's meet!"

And that's when i turn off the app, turn off my phone's locaton settings, and dip into a store or something off the public walkway and hide for a bit.
Mar 4, 2015 10:51 PM
May 2007
Mar 4, 2015 10:57 PM

May 2008
Red_Keys said:
If somebody I was talking to from here fucking flew from another country to meet me, yes, that'd make me uncomfortable and I wouldn't want to see them either. That's a pretty damn strange and drastic thing to do.

So tru
Mar 4, 2015 10:58 PM

May 2012
He put the pussy on a pedestal. All I have to say on that.
Mar 4, 2015 11:02 PM

Mar 2014
NudeBear said:
poor dude must be lonely as hell to have done that in the first place. a fucking idiot sure, but a pitiable one too. hope it all works out for him.
[i]"Yet each man kills the thing he loves,
By each let this be heard,
Some do it with a bitter look,
Some with a flattering word,
The coward does it with a kiss,
The brave man with a sword!''
~Oscar
[/i]
Mar 4, 2015 11:37 PM

Oct 2014
As foolish a move this is, I pity him for this because it took a real strike of love to inspire him to fly so far. I really hope his life works out for him in the end. It sounds like she sort of danced him around on a string and I hope he finds the girl who'll love him for being a guy willing to go that far for someone he's in love with.
"Dakimakura aren't meant for fucking." -Moog, January 2015

When a site's moderators warn you for condemning a troll, you know their moderators need to be changed out.
Mar 4, 2015 11:57 PM
Feb 2014
Wayponpon said:
As foolish a move this is, I pity him for this because it took a real strike of love to inspire him to fly so far. I really hope his life works out for him in the end. It sounds like she sort of danced him around on a string and I hope he finds the girl who'll love him for being a guy willing to go that far for someone he's in love with.

what if kpp did this to u
Mar 5, 2015 12:00 AM

Aug 2013
It's his fault for traveling so far without even knowing whether she felt the same way or not, lol.
Mar 5, 2015 12:19 AM

Oct 2014
TheRealNico said:
Wayponpon said:

what if kpp did this to u
I wouldn't care. I'm not in love with her, just a big fan of her music and style.
"Dakimakura aren't meant for fucking." -Moog, January 2015

When a site's moderators warn you for condemning a troll, you know their moderators need to be changed out.
Mar 5, 2015 12:22 AM

Jan 2014
What a waste.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Mar 5, 2015 2:49 AM

Aug 2007
IntroverTurtle said:
Drunk_Samurai said:

So she should meet him and probably be publicly shamed or at least known just because he chose to fly out there by himself without checking with her and then got drunk when she rightfully so turned him away?

That's what makes you a dumbass.

Read the quote again. It implies she didn't give a shit that he almost died at all. That does 100% make her a bitch.
Mar 5, 2015 2:54 AM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
Moog- said:
It's his fault for traveling so far without even knowing whether she felt the same way or not, lol.

Pretty much this. I saw this article on FB too and from the article it said he only knew her online alias and not even her real name. That right there pretty much sets the tone for the whole situation.
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." ⛩️

Mar 5, 2015 3:00 AM

Sep 2013
Better luck next time Kappa
Mar 5, 2015 3:03 AM

Sep 2012
Sounds rough. Well, at least he can say he tried.
Mar 5, 2015 5:20 AM
Nov 2014
cupc said:
Better luck next time Kappa
Mar 5, 2015 9:11 AM

Mar 2012
gissellebatista said:

Why would she be a bitch though? We don't know if she actually told him or expected him to come over or anything.

--------------------------

God damn all that money wasted, could have been spent on cool ass video games, and hanging out all over, or actually visiting fucking China for a legit reason.
MikasaMar 5, 2015 9:14 AM
End Zionazism
Mar 5, 2015 9:45 AM

Aug 2010
rekt
Mar 5, 2015 10:37 AM
Jun 2014
Someone told me the Chinese had cold hearts
'The way of the wang is long...and hard'
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.