Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Your Lie in April
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jan 8, 2016 7:10 AM

Nov 2015
This is probably one of my favourite episodes; it just captured my attention throughout and made me feel a range of emotions. I was sad for Tsubaki, as she continues to struggle with her love for Kousei and desire for him to pick her. I was pained while watching Kaori's rehabilitation process, because it hurts me to see her trying so hard just to play the violin one more time with Kousei. I was happy during the scenes with Emi, Kousei and Takeshi; their relationship is one of my favourite bits about the show, and I kinda wish their characters had been together more often. I'm anxious and eager to finish the last couple of episodes. The only thing I'm sure of is that I'm going to ball my eyes out.
Jan 13, 2016 1:10 AM

Dec 2009
TravSavage said:
The relationship between Emi, Takeshi, and Arima is one of my favorite things about this anime.

Same here. <3

Takeshi finally letting go of Arima. Very good episode. 5/5 b/c Takeshi is a great side character.

3 episodes left. I'm nervous ;-;
Apr 24, 2016 10:44 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
chainshipper said:
TravSavage said:
The relationship between Emi, Takeshi, and Arima is one of my favorite things about this anime.

Same here. <3

Takeshi finally letting go of Arima. Very good episode. 5/5 b/c Takeshi is a great side character.

3 episodes left. I'm nervous ;-;

Exactly. I love the drama, but I m also loving the artistic side of the series, with the rivals and their performances. Feels like a complete package.

ImTheGuy said:
Smudy said:

Thank you so much. Best scene of the episode.

Yep, definitly very warm, that picture.
No comments about Kaori, since yeah...
Only 3 to go.
Jul 11, 2016 11:25 PM

Dec 2013
Really liked Takeshi in this episode.

Dem egg sandwiches
Aug 27, 2016 4:38 AM

Jun 2016
Kaori's condition is getting worse and worse.
Good to see Emi, Takeshi and Arima together.
Oct 7, 2016 12:02 PM

Aug 2015

That's how some sandwiches can clear the atmosphere :)

And... well, Kaori. I admire her will of fight. I don't like her, but I can't imagine this anime without her.

And also nice to see Tsubaki :) The girl is already at a disadvantage... It's obvious that Arima doesn't even care of her... Sorry, that's the climate we have xD
Oct 10, 2016 3:49 PM

Nov 2015

It's evident the character development Kousei went through. He was learned and he has become a better person than he was before. In the beginning he was this shy and full of doubts about himself and his abilities. Now, he even has the power to affect others and bring the better of them, inspire them; Takeshi, Emi, Nagi, Kaori...
It's really nice.

PD: Now, seriousness aside, these 14 y/o are way more mature than most of us were at that age xD really, a lot!
HumbertoZeroOct 10, 2016 3:52 PM
Nov 7, 2016 1:18 PM
Jun 2015
So Kousei, Takeshi and Emi are all friends now...The rivals came together at last I guess..Great ep..Looking forward to the next one.
Feb 26, 2017 2:05 AM
Dec 2009
Takemi, Kousei, and Emi chitchatting before the performance was so cute! I bet they could be best friends if they got the chance. They have so much in common, I'm sure :) I wonder if they're aiming for the same high school?

Also I can't believe Kousei hasn't realized the changes in Tsubaki's behavior. How can he not realize she likes him? I guess he's so focused on piano and Kaori he doesn't have time to think of anything else...
Mar 6, 2017 2:32 PM

Nov 2016
This anime makes crying feel so good.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 14, 2017 10:09 PM

Apr 2015
I love the egg sandwich part.

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
May 29, 2017 8:05 AM

Dec 2016
Who wonder the tables make a turn and the enemies became friends? That's hard to believe *o*

And those egg sandwiches made me want to take a bite *¬* I love egg sandwiches <3

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Jun 13, 2017 9:45 AM
Jun 2016
Ugh, finally back to what I liked about this show in the first place. I'm glad too see another competition, the old rivals and their backstory developed, good performances and characters that I actually care about. I really feel that the last 3 or 4 episodes centered around Nagi kind of ruined the pace of the show, it seemed dragged for too long, and she was introduced way too late imo. I understand how it was necessary for Kousei growth, but still, it could have been better .
LordOfCinderJun 13, 2017 9:58 AM
Aug 8, 2017 9:43 AM

Jun 2017
The last 2 or 3 episodes where already really emotional. I really hope that Kaori will survive. But the deathflags about 5 or more episodes ago are to obvious. Maybe the Producers just want to trick us and let her live :)

A very nice picture of our three rivals :) I don't know why but that moment when they where all eating those sandwitches really made me smile :)

5/5

Jan 29, 2018 7:38 PM

Jul 2013
Can't feel that bad about Kaori. She's got a bad track record. And what even is her illness? Also it's hard to appreciate the music cause it's fucking classical like I said very niche fanbase. I bet half the people here who claim to like this show don't even like classical music.
Mar 20, 2018 2:53 AM
Dec 2017
dammit.. why kaori changed his haircut.. he look way more cool with his old heir... fuck that... he is no longer my favorite list...
Apr 25, 2018 3:48 PM

Feb 2018
That episode really made me crave some egg sandwiches.
Jan 1, 2019 9:10 AM

Apr 2013
So Kaori did surgery and is over her depressed phase of before. Good, I doubt that she'll get much better though. Maybe play once more with Kousei on stage and that's it. Next episode Tsubaki, and after that focus on Kaori and Kousei probably?
Mar 8, 2019 3:45 PM

Mar 2016
I want some egg salad sandwich...

Aiza performed well yet again, now... I want to see Kousei's performance, this time without any flaws. SHow them what you've got hero!
Apr 10, 2019 7:42 AM

Dec 2018
I guess Kaori will die before even before her last performance with Kousei. Or she will die in the last performance as soon as she and Arima finished performing.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jul 1, 2019 9:03 PM

Sep 2017
I wish they would tell us what Kaori has already. It isn't a flaw of the show or anything, I'm just curious. I don't remember cell phones having good enough call quality to be able to acutely display the nuances of classical music, but it works as a storytelling device well enough so I won't complain. Physical therapy is tough. Glad to see she's pushing through it. Do Kousei's past accomplishments really mean nothing to the admissions board of this school? I would think his past exploits would be more than enough for any musical school. I don't buy it. I wouldn't let her touch my hair. At least his hair turned out okay. He seems to be quite enthusiastic about his egg and cheese sandwiches. Takeshi's first performance was incredible. A good rival can truly push someone to their absolute limits. Quite the dilemma Nagi has there.
Aug 6, 2019 3:22 PM

Aug 2007
I'm glad Emi and Takeshi can be there for Kousei.

I'll be shocked if Kaori doesn't pass, considering they were harping on it since the beginning, so he will need other (new) connections to continue on. Especially since he was so secluded after his mother's death, having people to push him will help him look back positively, instead of having overhanging anxiety and depression he has fought out of only recently.
LycanAug 6, 2019 3:34 PM

Jan 17, 2020 11:05 PM

Jul 2016
I'm so done with Tsubaki at this point but it still seems she will get yet another episode focused on her. By the way, is it really correct to confess your feelings when the girl your crush loves is about to die?

Overall, it was an OK episode I guess. Since I don't like nor care for Takeshi, I don't have something to say about him finally overcoming his "shounen-ish" obsession with MC.

And regarding Kaori's situation, sorry but I didn't feel anything. Neither while seeing her struggling to walk nor when her mother started crying. Things that happen when drama isn't handled correctly, I guess.
Mar 15, 2020 3:10 PM

Jan 2020
Whats that etude called when Kousei played please any1
Apr 6, 2020 2:51 AM

Mar 2020
You just got to love this trio. Funny how rivals are slowly becoming friends!
[url=https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Scuderia1615&sclick=1]
Apr 16, 2020 3:41 AM

Feb 2019
It seems Kaori's going ahead with a dangerous surgery. I'm not sure if the surgery's happened yet or not. If not, what is she rehabilitating from?

So she does look paler and overall sickly. It's encouraging to see her work so hard to try and get better though. But I'm still not sure where we're headed.

What she said to the doctor was encouraging yet heartbreaking at the same time. But at least she is fighting, fighting to the very last.

I love the relationship between Kousei, Emi, and Takeshi. They're rivals, but it's their rivalry that drives them to keep improving (especially Emi and Takeshi). But now they've reached the mature age where they can have a friendly relationship with their rivals, and it was lovely to see. I thinik Emi still has a crush on Kousei, a crush she's had ever since she was little ("I'm sitting next to Kousei", she thought to herself on the bench as she sat next to him when they were little, so cute!). Great performance by Takeshi though.
Apr 30, 2020 6:04 AM

Feb 2018
Kaori please don't break my heart
May 8, 2020 2:26 PM
Oct 2019
Yes yes yes. This show continues its roll.

Takeshi coming around. He, Kousei and Emi finally becoming friends/friendly.

Kaori fighting back. Pleeeeease just let her live until the series is over.
Jul 6, 2020 7:20 AM

May 2018
Kaori is becoming more and more gray with each episode ;(
Dec 7, 2020 12:14 AM

Jan 2017
Both of Kousei's rivals now have filled the void they crave after Kousei returned, them eating the egg mayo sandwich together was really sweet

Good luck Kaori with your surgery
Feb 2, 2021 1:14 PM
Jul 2013
To do list:
-Takeshi
-Emi
-Arima X Kaori

I am no expert, but that performance seemed a bit uptempo.
Mar 7, 2021 1:40 PM

Mar 2019
I don't even know what to say. I'm extremely anxious because I want a happy ending. Just 3 episodes left, please!!
GO KAO!!
Nice Takeshi moment, felt so good to see those 3 talk and behave like they are friends. And that ending part, where they were the finalists and then it cut to them being children, staying on that bench. So much has changed. No wonder the opening says "And my fate has begun to change".
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Mar 17, 2021 10:30 AM

Apr 2017
Damn, I can't believe that after the last episode, which had the best performance in this series, came the worst performance so far, not only did they completely talk all over it, but it also hit me with a combo of flashbacks and backstory, disappointing.
cunnysseur
Mar 19, 2021 12:05 AM
Dec 2020
Best part of episode was the unique rivalry b/w Emi, Arima and Takeshi.
May 12, 2021 1:16 AM

Feb 2021
Well Kaori is going through rehabilitation. Hopefully she'll get better enough to play the violin with Arima one last time...
Well Aiza's piece was exceptional! I'm glad he is over with Arima being the best and now he seems him like a fellow competitor

May 29, 2021 12:54 AM
Oct 2020
Smudy said:
MaahHeim said:
Awn, Kaori </3
Awn, Takeshi </3
And omg, THAT PREVIEW. IS TSUBAKI GOING TO CONFESS HER LOVE? OMGUIHWOEDJSSDIOGJWDFS

Started to dislike Tsubaki more and more, so this might not be the best episode coming for me.

Facts. I seriously dislike her. Everything she does is selfish to me. He said you're a girl because you are but you're mad because he doesn't like you. She keeps saying Kao likes Watari to hurt him and then tells him something shitty like you have to love me. I really dislike her character.
Jun 21, 2021 6:34 PM

Apr 2020
I like the atmosphere when they eat bread together
Jan 10, 2022 7:51 AM

Jul 2021
Now Kousei, Emi and Takeshi, in addition to competitors are friends.
I hope that everything works out for Kousei when he presents and that he manages to win the contest.
asdasdsadad
May 13, 2022 12:42 AM

Apr 2020
if i am correct they still havent told us what the hell is going on with kaori ... right ?
what kind of disease she have...
Jun 23, 2022 10:47 AM

Nov 2018
Sandwich scene is the best scene in the entire anime
I hate everyone equally
Jun 23, 2022 10:55 AM

Nov 2018
Still ...
childish drama
unnecessary humour spoiling serious themes
unnecessary drama and flashbacks ruining the power of performances
only stable good thing about the anime is these vibrant Sangatsu-like colours
I hate everyone equally
Jun 30, 2022 12:53 AM
Jan 2020
Forced ass drama, forced ass comedy then repeat for the next 22 episodes

I still can't believe they're making something that happened in fucking 3rd grade so dramatic
Dec 18, 2022 6:43 PM
May 2016
Ok, but so much cry
Jun 5, 2023 11:47 AM

Aug 2014
Not sure why again Takeshi?
Should be more of Kaori...
but Emi was cute
that music while Kaori was rehabilitating reminded me of clannad sad times
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Aug 28, 2023 5:38 AM
Feb 2023
Another episode, another banger.
Sep 8, 2023 9:03 PM

Mar 2023
piano prodigy trio whoop whoop
Dec 17, 2023 1:47 AM

Nov 2023
Kaori is not getting any better :(((
Feb 3, 11:29 PM
Jan 2023
FR ONE OF THE BEST ROMCOMS EVERR
Apr 9, 11:17 PM

Jul 2023
lol. That guy's man-crushing Arima is so embarassing. Good thing he is on the right track now.

Poor Emi. Now is her chance to flirt with my man, Arima. lol

Even Nagi is ahead of her.

And we're into the final arc. I don't know if Kaori will survive, or what the OVA is about. If she survives, good for her.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

331 by RickHatake »»
Apr 23, 7:07 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2015

243 by Miyakirauhciyama »»
Apr 23, 4:46 AM

» Let me share my experience to re-watching it again

GuyWithoutFear - Apr 13

1 by falko92 »»
Apr 20, 5:27 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2015

295 by kyledluffy »»
Apr 16, 11:18 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2015

1174 by LordArmandtrox »»
Apr 16, 9:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.