Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 13, 2015 7:45 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ooh, even more cute outfits this episode. The colors are flashy anyways.

The performance on stage looks decent while I think the song has potential too. Still, Mio...
Feb 13, 2015 8:08 AM

Nov 2008
Aiko is here at last, she stars in a radio show which is quite nice considering she has a serene voice and atmosphere to her.

All that's needed now is for Nina to show up.

Minami and Anastasia's dresses are beautiful, the song Memories is pretty decent overall

Feb 13, 2015 8:50 AM
Mar 2014
a1 pictures couldn't animate the main trio's performance because they had to use their entire staff to collectively write the final dramatic scene

Decent episode until the last five minutes.
Feb 13, 2015 11:31 AM
Dec 2010
Can someone explain to me how the freak Mio managed to get 5th in the last popularity poll? I have never found her cute, and have always felt she's an annoying prat. And now she acts worse than Miku did last episode.
Feb 13, 2015 4:16 PM

Nov 2014
Sad episode though for Mio...

But wait, wasn't that Reporter Yoshizawa from 765Pro appeared in the begining of the Episode?
Feb 13, 2015 5:12 PM

Aug 2014
I really wish I could find quick team that actually subs the songs for an Idol anime.

Anyway, Love Laika was good, but I wanted to see New Generation Performance too.

That look that Rin gave the Producer 0_o
Honoka is my Hero! Click Me!
Feb 13, 2015 5:22 PM

Apr 2012
This really sucks compared to the first TV Idolm@ster anime. They focus too much on three characters, and the drama is forced.
Feb 13, 2015 5:53 PM
Nov 2013
All are good episodes But that all changed when the drama attacked. Now the good start.
Feb 13, 2015 6:27 PM

Apr 2011
The drama just doesn't feel right.
Feb 13, 2015 6:33 PM
Jul 2018
Arrgh, Mio quits being an idol.
Feb 13, 2015 6:57 PM

May 2013
What an irritating ending, I am really not feeling the drama in this one. Were we supposed to sympathize with Mio there? Poor producer getting yelled at for doing his job. :(
Feb 13, 2015 7:43 PM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
I am really disappointed with what they did in this episode. First was when the main trio were talking and then Producer and other idols could be seen doing stuff in this sort of montage and i'm like huh? Why is this important? Isn't it about the main trio? Budget, I guess. Second, was how the second half of the episode was done. Though, the animation for when Love Laika performed was good, the way they handled New Generations' performance was super sloppy. You could tell something was wrong, but it could've been more properly animated to get the message through. I was confused about it until afterwards and I was left with this, "That's it?" sort of feeling.

And Mio's friends even supported her. I don't dislike Mio, but she must have an incredibly big ego for it to be deflated so easily.
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." ⛩️

Feb 13, 2015 8:02 PM

Apr 2011
Lol at Rin's face on the final scene, someone's furious :P

Well it was to be expected anyway. Rome wasn't built in a day.
hellogarryFeb 13, 2015 8:08 PM
Feb 13, 2015 8:05 PM

Mar 2014
Do I smell actual character development coming upon us? About frigging time...these girls need it badly, I counted Uzuki saying "Ganbarimasu!" or some variant at least four times this episode...and they even referenced the fact that she says it all the time...now that's really bad.

Anyway, that was a rather stupid reason for Mio to get upset over. Mini-live implies it's going to be small and Mio blew it way out of proportion to her friends and herself. Pretty standard teenage behavior even for an older teen. To be fair to her, though, Producer-san could reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally have handled that situation better. Saying that the results were natural comes with some very negative implications that I can't blame Mio exploding over, and although it certainly wasn't his intention, he fully deserved that burning glare that Rin shot him. And good lord, that was a truly nasty glare.
Producer's handling of this situation actually fits his character type very well, as he's supposedly rather awkward. I hope this situation results in a good bit of character development for him because, as I've said before, that's been severely lacking in this show. I'm also pleased to see his role in the events of the show further increase.
I was quite disappointed to see only one dance performance here. I would have rather seen both Love Laika and New Generations perform. The song itself didn't make much of an impression on me but I usually need to listen to it as a standalone for a few times to really get a good impression of one...but thus far, it wasn't bad.

This episode IMO was somewhat better than the previous one. Contrived drama was switched out for rather petty drama, but Rin's strong showing along with the potential for character development for Producer and possibly Mio too outweighs it. I look forward to how this develops.
Feb 13, 2015 8:09 PM

May 2010
mio is an idiot, how did she expect a brand new idol with barely any experience to be as big as mika jougasaki, talk about dumb expectations
Feb 13, 2015 8:29 PM

Jul 2010
While Love Laika's concert was nice, it really overshadowed New Generation's performance in many, many ways. Sort of looked forward to it but didn't even get to hear it :/

Mio with her expectations for the outcome though I stilled like how her friend cheered her on like that which didn't seem like out of pity at all.

Producer-san saying that, makes me miss the old Producer-san but the current one is still fine. I sort of understand where the Producer-san is coming from, to be grateful and appreciative towards the audience and do their best as possible.
Feb 13, 2015 8:30 PM
Mar 2013
I highly doubt we're intended to sympathize with Mio.

All the other girls and the staff were happy with the event; Mio is the only one that had delusional expectations. The only thing that Kuzuki-P did "wrong" was that he didn't temper Mio's expectations beforehand (how could he know?) or delicately explain the situation afterwards. But that's not really in his character yet, which is why he got the death glare from Rin (I guess).

I think this whole "drama" section is really just leading to Mio passing leadership of the group to Uzuki. I thought it was weird at the beginning of the ep when Mio self-proclaimed herself as New Generation's leader. Going by im@s standards, all signs would naturally point to Uzuki as the defacto clumsy/airhead/ganbatte leader.

As for the animation dip in New Generation's performance. Well, they already got their well-animated dancing "debut" with TOKIMEKI in ep3, so it seems fine that A-1 allocate budget to Love Laika's new debut. Clearly that unit deserved the budget this time.
Feb 13, 2015 8:51 PM

Sep 2011
Slapped by reality huh?
Feb 13, 2015 8:56 PM

Jun 2010
looool so this chic thought she'd become hot shit over night. just because of 1 radio interview, 1 back-up gig, and 1 CD.

GTFOOH. XD
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Feb 13, 2015 9:09 PM
Dec 2010
In case anyone needs prove that Mio is a piece of ****:

Compared to Love Live's first concert
scytheavatarFeb 13, 2015 9:22 PM
Feb 13, 2015 9:12 PM

Apr 2011
scytheavatar said:

Hahaha she was just so full of herself :P
Feb 13, 2015 9:27 PM

Mar 2009
The drama at the end of this episode was terrible. What the hell was that?

The first Idolmaster series is so much better than this.
Feb 13, 2015 9:49 PM

Nov 2014
Mio is THE FOURTH idol of Idolm@ster series who quits from an idol. So I thought no much problem here

Sure she'll back, but the question is when? and how?
Feb 13, 2015 10:32 PM

Jan 2011
hellogarry said:
scytheavatar said:

Hahaha she was just so full of herself :P

^^

what so you mean i'm not instant famous after making one CD and being on stage as a back up dancer?! i'm out!

one can only be so naive.
Feb 13, 2015 10:51 PM

Jul 2011
scytheavatar said:

+1. I totally remember that scene. That was some pretty depressing shit and on top of that they make their own song, costumes and choreography.
Feb 13, 2015 11:23 PM

Nov 2012
mio is an idiot, what did she expect? that thousands of people cheer them on when they've only just debuted?

kind of sad they didn't show new generations' performance, love laika's song was good though.
Feb 13, 2015 11:52 PM

Mar 2014
scytheavatar said:

Shit, I didn't even--
I'm actually a little upset I didn't see the instant parallels there. I usually don't look for them with respect to other shows, but seeing as Love Live is the first and personal favorite idol show I've watched, I'm disappointed in myself.

I hope someone does take Mio's ridiculously high expectations down a couple of pegs, though. As someone else said before, she's not really the one to sympathize with here. Though I suspect her mental image was skewed by participating in a large-scale concert with Mika, despite being only a background dancer.
Feb 13, 2015 11:56 PM

Feb 2010
Producer didn't deserve Rin chan angry look. He maybe could have handle the situation better, but it still Mio the one is on biggest fault :@ Im angry at her because producer san is my fav character overall.
"...To kiss, that beautiful woman cherry-like lips"
Feb 14, 2015 12:19 AM

Feb 2014
Argh! the forced drama in the end.

I don't understand why Mio is upset, she's a newly launched idol, she shouldn't be expecting a mini concert jumpacked with people.
Feb 14, 2015 12:28 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
oh come on -__-

"I didn't get as many people in my hastily slapped-together debut showing as an entirely unheard of group compared to the already established world class super pop star, therefore I now gotta whine and complain about it and give up on being an idol altogether."

Talk about being a self-centered idiot, wtf Mio..

scytheavatar said:

also this :>
Feb 14, 2015 12:32 AM

Jul 2014
When is this show going to realise that it's awful forced drama simply doesn't work and simply makes the characters seem entirely unlikable? Last week it was that stupid Cat Girl, and now it's Mio. Am I supposed to care that her ego is overinflated to the point of absurdity? Cos I really don't. All I think about that is that she is pathetic and needs to get a reality check and grow up.

The performance by the other two was nice though.
Feb 14, 2015 1:12 AM

Jul 2011
Mormegil said:

This!! What happen!? OTL

And Producer-san did NOT deserve Rin's angry look at the end. Holy crap that piss me off!! Seriously? And Mio's expectations are ridiculous. The drama in this series is ridiculous. Am I suppose to sympathize with these selfish, egocentric, and/or dislikable girls? e.e

Love Laika did well though, and some professionalism from them as well during the interviews... unlike New Generations.
Feb 14, 2015 1:14 AM
Dec 2008
Looks like my opinion of Mio has dropped too low, you don't expect to have numerous fans when you're starting to climb the ladder, no need to cry and run off just because you promised your fans that the event is going to 'big'.

The show's getting too much drama and I don't think it's a good idea to do that, especially when the quality does drop if you try to force it. I would rather just watch a full episode focused solely on Miria's cuteness instead, that would be way better.
Feb 14, 2015 1:42 AM

Aug 2008
Mio is so shallow and naive. Hmm, well I guess she's an average teenage girl and all, but still.
And poor Producer, despite meaning well, is caught in the crossfire. If in the next episode this melodrama isn't resolved, Imma start hating on Mio.
Feb 14, 2015 2:02 AM

Aug 2012
I am starting to hate this show. Last time it was Miku, and this time it was Mio. They were chosen to take the shitty role because they were unpopular, so less people would complain when their favorite idol being mocked by the script and became targets of hate (yes I understand Mio ranked 5th in last poll, but before that she was famous for being unpopular, and she is still relatively unpopular compared to other two New Generations members. Her CV was selected lately and CD released much slower, the first New Generations radio even featured Uzuki, Rin and MIKA, not her).

I am neither a fan of Miku nor Mio, but I do feel sympathy for them. Because they are unpopular, so they can be sacrificed for a ridiculously written script for a forced drama, that no one appreciates and immediately created a fuss over the internet. What the anime staff did was no different than what Hanada had done to Kisaragi in Kancolle EP3.
Feb 14, 2015 2:06 AM

Jun 2013
Damn, They're pulling another Kana-styled forced drama!

Seriously... Mio's just so full of herself. Can't she just at least listen to what the producer has to say! To be fair, the producer is equivalent to a brick wall.

I miss the 765pro girls (T^T)
Feb 14, 2015 2:16 AM

Apr 2013
I have this feeling that it's not the first time that someone said to P-san that she wants to quit being an idol. I think that he's gone through something similar in the past but the girls have quit for good. Maybe that's why the old guy (manager?) keeps telling him that this is a good chance for him...
Or maybe it's just his first time being a producer...

To everyone saying that P-san did not deserve Rin's angry look and being yelled at by Mio... your both right and wrong. Yes, Mio was full of herself and had eyes bigger than her stomach. What P-san said to her was the truth and did not have any ill intentions but he did it a bit brutally. Even if she was in the wrong it was only natural for her to react the way she did. Rin was probably angry because she expected P-san to put Mio in her place in a kinder way.
Feb 14, 2015 2:17 AM

Jun 2014
Sudden realization that you're not as big as you think you are from Mio. Now producer is worried. Poor producer-san.
Feb 14, 2015 3:27 AM

Apr 2012
This episode surprised me a little.
It's not that i don't understand Mio feel,but it is true that she kind a expecting too much from " Mini-Live ".
Producer-san too,he is not wrong in here,but because of his character he forced to take the blame by mention the harsh reality to Mio that make him got Rin's death stare.
this better be 24-25 episodes so we can see a better development from everyone not only the main trio,that include Producer-san too.
I predict that rather than having a Open personality like Akabane-P which was my favorite,this Takeuchi-P probably was having some kind a past or something happened before that make his character like now(remembering his shock reaction when hearing Mio going quit being an Idol).
Next week episode is probably about how Uzuki and Takeuchi-P gonna handle the whole problem while Mio is depress and Rin angry for whole episode.

skystorms88 said:
Sad episode though for Mio...

But wait, wasn't that Reporter Yoshizawa from 765Pro appeared in the begining of the Episode?

I thought i'm the only one who noticed that.

Zero_ZX13Feb 14, 2015 3:35 AM
Feb 14, 2015 4:57 AM

Feb 2008
What can you really expect from a mini-live concert, they just debuted, are Mio really stupid and I when I did hear Mio self proclaimed as leader I thought it's really strange.
I thought it going be Uzuki but I kind of feel the drama after seeing some reaction from Mio.
Producer-San did his best and he found a good place to performance a live to a new debut idols like them.
Producer-San is kind of awful person, he didn't know what to do too.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Feb 14, 2015 5:36 AM
Feb 2015
There is all kinds of wrong with this CG anime.
They alwas draw the drama card while at this point they should focus on characterization and team building.
The characters who cause the drama always do it because ridiculous, annoying and retarded reasons; makes them look bad too.
The glorification share is also poorly done; Minami and Anastasia are glorified sexy and cool, Mika is perfect; whereas NG girls looked ridiculous, didn't even get to hear/see their performance, not to talk about Mio...
The lolis on the other hand are not just completely characterless by now, but also degraded to Miku's sidekicks. Sexy Rika is out of the question at this point.
I'm so angry, all my expectations were betrayed by this adaptation, which is boring, not warm or comfy at all but wrapped in plastic, and has writing issues; but the worst thing is the unfair character focus.
I don't even know what they expected, but this is gonna be the first Im@s related flop I think otaku already gave up.
Feb 14, 2015 6:05 AM

Sep 2013
They forced drama without build up and i thought mio was mad because she's so full of herself and get overwhelmed by laika's performance.
Feb 14, 2015 6:44 AM
Feb 2015
To add to the ugly things she did:
hype their fans and invite them, who all came and cheered her on; yet she doesn't thank them, is ungrateful and just leaves without a word.
You know it's not exactly good characterization when you only feel for the nameless, faceless random girls...
Feb 14, 2015 7:59 AM

Sep 2013
Darn, Mio's ego has dampened my favourite russian's first performance.
Feb 14, 2015 8:35 AM

Aug 2008
Damn, tensions were high this episode. I'm glad Minami and Anya did so well; is their debut song out, yet?

And I just fuckin knew that Mio was gonna have her expectations so high and end up becoming so disappointed in the end. I feel bad for how misinformed she was, but I can understand it. I can also respect how the Producer keeps it real, but I don't think this was the right time for it.
Feb 14, 2015 8:42 AM

Jan 2013
Poor Mio-chan...I can understand her a bit, but it's also understandable that you can't compare that to the concert they've been dancing in before. That's reality, you have to work hard for success.

Feb 14, 2015 8:50 AM

Aug 2013
Mormegil said:

I don't agree. Please take into consideration her age.
People in this age (especially with character like Mio) thinks totally different.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Feb 14, 2015 8:53 AM

Jun 2008
This is why the first Idolmaster anime is technically better. There's no stupid forced drama, there's only a stupid antagonist.... lol

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Feb 14, 2015 9:08 AM

Nov 2008
destructo22 said:
Damn, tensions were high this episode. I'm glad Minami and Anya did so well; is their debut song out, yet?

Love Laika's CD "Memories" will be out on March 18.

Feb 14, 2015 10:22 AM
Jul 2018
Nobody complained this much about Miki Hoshii at the time of first Im@s TV series, imho, Mio is VERY young, so what she did is totally understandable to me.
Sorry if my english is not that nice, I'm italian x'

Also, i ADORE Love Laika.
Minami and Anastasia are my favourites; theye're so cool, mature and professional.
They totally deserved that high quality concert.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2015

78 by TheJosuep »»
Aug 18, 2023 9:45 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2015

66 by M1kasaYu1 »»
May 7, 2023 10:12 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2015

58 by MadanielFL »»
Apr 29, 2023 8:41 PM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2015

29 by MadanielFL »»
Apr 29, 2023 8:44 AM

Poll: » The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2015

42 by MadanielFL »»
Apr 29, 2023 8:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.