Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 7, 2015 3:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Episode felt really slow. From the tasty cakes to the interpersonal relationships, the music seems to have slowed down for this series.

Shun was a certain kind of cool though. Those sunglasses~
Feb 7, 2015 3:21 PM
Jul 2018
Shun has an uncaring attitude toward his fans in this episode.
Feb 7, 2015 6:29 PM

Jul 2011
Good characterization for Shun. Usually he's my favorite of the group, but he annoyed me at the beginning of the episode. He was great by the end though. His shades especially, even I didn't expect Makki to think they were cool. And using them in the concert, hahaha.

I was expecting Ran to bake an extravagant cake for Shun anyway, wouldn't that be a surprise? :D

I think it would be great to have a CD debut soon for them... and more performances. Those introductions make me giggle still, but they're growing on me. ;)
Feb 7, 2015 7:12 PM

Feb 2012
The only thing I can say for this episode was Shun was so rude in the beginning but learned to look forward to the surprises the future brings. Loved the sunglasses and especially Shun's character song (ending theme).
Feb 7, 2015 9:50 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Shaniyaz said:
A lot of characterization points for Shun. At first, I was kind of annoyed with his uncaring attitude about fan-mails and how rude he was towards Ran, asking him if baking cake is as much fun as dancing. C'mon, you can't ask you senpai that sort of question. Where are your manners?

But it was nice seeing how he came to realize people with unrealized dreams are strong, like Ran and himself. The "surprise cake" analogy was well depicted.

Agreed. Seriously Shun, part of your job as an idol is to appreciate your fans. You can't just be like, oh fan letter, wtv man, they all the same. BUT I thought the audience was pretty brutal when he didn't do his normal intro. I was surprised that the talk Shun had with Shachou was a lot of "subarashii" instead of lecturing him. But even if Shun had that high-and-mighty attitude, I'm glad he got some character development, with the help of Ran. Such a chill senpai. I like how Shun asked for not a cake birthday cake. I didn't understand it at first, but then I laughed when I saw Ran making those all kinds of desserts like jelly X) Challenge accepted!

Shun was also so funny at the end, everyone's just like...what's up with this guy, bipolar much. And of course Makki would be the one to say that Shun is cool. I cracked up so hard when they opened the performance with those sunglasses omg.

Please please please please pinkish heeart~ The English in the lyrics is kind of weird, but the song has a cute melody and OnoKen's voice is beautiful.
Feb 8, 2015 9:36 AM

May 2010
When they stepped in the cake shop and met the accountant, I noticed the curves and was like,"Ran became a girl?! Is it a studio mistake?" for a second. Lmao I can't believe myself but really, the studio draws female eyes almost same way as male ones so it is difficult to tell them apart.

Ran-san is my most fav. chara at this stage, at least out of the first generation.

Shun is learning, that's good.

And I found this episode wonderful.

The ED wasn't bad, I liked it.
Feb 8, 2015 1:50 PM

Nov 2007
˄haha,i was kinda like...is Ran's wife actually a guy? when i saw the face

Anyway...i didn't find the reaction of the audience very realistic. There is no way they would be silent just because he didn't do the lame OTT introduction.
Feb 10, 2015 6:56 PM
Jun 2012
Black_wind said:

Anyway...i didn't find the reaction of the audience very realistic. There is no way they would be silent just because he didn't do the lame OTT introduction.

I think they mean it to be that the audience is surprised and doesn't know how it's supposed to react. Such concerts have unwritten rules about what to do, and that fell outside them.
Feb 13, 2015 11:07 PM

Oct 2011
Shun episode <3

Ed song <3

Makki episode next week?
Feb 28, 2015 1:16 PM

Jul 2012
Well, this episode hits a home run with me.

I can't believe how realistic yet deep this show can get. I'm serious. I'm having the same dilemma as Shun right now (Doing things half-heartedly and not sure what my dream is) and this episode really inspired me to look to the positive side and try harder.

If this show can keep up the quality, I'm considering bumping up the score to an 8/10.

Also, I felt so bad for Shun when he was on stage and didn't say his embarrassing lines. LOL But I thought the audience would still buy it??? I mean, I watch Utapri seiyuu events and Suwabe Junichi (Ren's VA) does improv lines all the time and the audience goes crazy for it. lol
Mar 21, 2015 3:38 AM

Jun 2011
Whoa, lovely outcome that made this my favorite episode of the season, just greatness all around. I can't understand why this is rated so low.. ):

tingy said:
BUT I thought the audience was pretty brutal when he didn't do his normal intro.
Me too, that was really hard to watch.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 21, 2015 11:17 AM

Jan 2014
Shun is an absolute dickface but he's so freaking hot
Jul 9, 2023 3:27 AM

Feb 2020
Shun has a pretty bad attitude towards his fans.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shounen Hollywood: Holly Stage for 50 Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2015

29 by Serafos »»
Jul 29, 2023 10:26 PM

Poll: » Shounen Hollywood: Holly Stage for 50 Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2015

18 by Serafos »»
Jul 29, 2023 7:27 AM

Poll: » Shounen Hollywood: Holly Stage for 50 Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2015

17 by Serafos »»
Jul 17, 2023 1:35 AM

Poll: » Shounen Hollywood: Holly Stage for 50 Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2015

14 by Serafos »»
Jul 15, 2023 5:02 AM

Poll: » Shounen Hollywood: Holly Stage for 50 Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2015

17 by Serafos »»
Jul 13, 2023 4:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.