Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 6, 2015 8:46 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Holy shit, that was brutal. Well, I thought the episode was alright as it once again shows some of Leon's softer side as he reflects on his motives.

Is it also just me or the Horrors getting more horrifying each episode?..
Action was decent on most parts although it looks like Leon was struggling a bit more than usual. Sometimes though, I don't think he can save everyone.
Feb 6, 2015 10:05 AM

Jul 2010
For once I want to say, "Screw you plot!!!!" ;_;

Leon unable to protect what he treasured most with Lara and everybody else dying. How that one snowflake dropped on Lara's cheeks T.T, omg, that was really quite the scene with Lara dying in his arms.

It really was cute while it lasted, the simple, idle life that Leon learned to appreciate. How Leon has learned and was planning to stay and how Lara was sacred that Leon would leave.

The action was pretty nice though, Alfonso just standing there like that and that barrage was nice. One that burrows through the ground and always having the element of surprise...

Losing everything in an instant where everyone's hard work was finally going to pay off, this cruel world T.T This really was quite the masterful episode of feels and many others... I do look forward to the person Leon will become.
Feb 6, 2015 10:05 AM

Mar 2014
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OUT OF THE 400 ANIMES I HAVE WATCHED, I HAVE NEVER HOPED SO MUCH THAT SOMEONE WOULD PULL THROUGH AND LIVE AS MUCH AS I DID WHILE WATCHING THE MOMENT BETWEEN LARA AND LEON
I REALLY THOUGHT SHE WAS GONNA SURVIVE AFTER SHE CALLED OUT TO LEON
AND BEFORE THAT, THE SHADOWS....... IF ONE OF THEM WAS LARA I DONT KNOW WHAT I WOULD HAVE DONE, IT MADE MY STOMACH TURN WITH JUST THE THOUGHT

WHY COULDNT LARA LIVE GOD DAMMIT! GOD DAMMIT! GOD DAMMIT! GOD DAMMIT!
zunderdog24Feb 6, 2015 10:19 AM
Powered by yuri.
Needless to say, I finish all anime I start, no matter my initial opinion, no matter how bad it gets, I WILL FINISH IT!
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/zunderdog24
Feb 6, 2015 10:16 AM

Jun 2012
Leon had to quit playing house eventually
I do feel bad for the farm girl but so far this cour has been a real drag with the characters and story in stasis mode. Did this event and Leon's realization of what was wrong with his revenge driven past really need 5 episodes worth of build up?

First time in a while I can honestly say I'm looking forward to next week
Feb 6, 2015 10:24 AM

May 2014
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAA ---------CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!

wHY, OF ALL THE CHARACTERS DID SHE HAVE TO DIE. damn this is hard life anime. I never expected this.

hahah, I like where this is going. I guess they had to put a tragic moment to get Leon back as a Makai Knight. He is the main person after all.
Feb 6, 2015 10:26 AM

Mar 2013
What the hell. Just what the hell. Tears are pouring down my face. I hoped Lara had some plot armor because of the new ED where Leon was protecting her but no. SHE DID NOT DESERVE TO DIE. GOD FREAKING DAMN IT. I DON'T CARE IF IT'S FOR LEON'S DEVELOPMENT HE'D SHOWN HE'D ALREADY PROGRESSED SO MUCH. HE COULD HAVE BEEN HAPPY WITH LARA, ALIVE. GOD FREAKING DAMN IT.
Feb 6, 2015 10:26 AM

May 2014
FatefulLove said:
For once I want to say, "Screw you plot!!!!" ;_;

Leon unable to protect what he treasured most with Lara and everybody else dying. How that one snowflake dropped on Lara's cheeks T.T, omg, that was really quite the scene with Lara dying in his arms.

It really was cute while it lasted, the simple, idle life that Leon learned to appreciate. How Leon has learned and was planning to stay and how Lara was sacred that Leon would leave.

The action was pretty nice though, Alfonso just standing there like that and that barrage was nice. One that burrows through the ground and always having the element of surprise...

Losing everything in an instant where everyone's hard work was finally going to pay off, this cruel world T.T This really was quite the masterful episode of feels and many others... I do look forward to the person Leon will become.

hahah, me too. I am so excited for the next ep. After reading your comment made me think that this ep. made the series get more liked. If it keep this up, it need to be up boated. :P
Feb 6, 2015 10:28 AM

May 2014
SalemWitch said:
What the hell. Just what the hell. Tears are pouring down my face. I hoped Lara had some plot armor because of the new ED where Leon was protecting her but no. SHE DID NOT DESERVE TO DIE. GOD FREAKING DAMN IT. I DON'T CARE IF IT'S FOR LEON'S DEVELOPMENT HE'D SHOWN HE'D ALREADY PROGRESSED SO MUCH. HE COULD HAVE BEEN HAPPY WITH LARA, ALIVE. GOD FREAKING DAMN IT.

I guess that's not going to work if you are going to be a makai knight. :'(
Feb 6, 2015 10:31 AM

Mar 2013
mangalicker94 said:
SalemWitch said:

Call me an idiot but I'm actually still crying over Lara's death. That was an absolutely masterful scene. It's been a while since I've been hit in the feels so hard. Jesus Christ. I still can't believe she's dead.

Maybe Leon will strike a deal with the white girl next episode to bring Lara back to life in exchange for something...? Or that's just me grasping at straws. Yeah that's probably it.

Feb 6, 2015 10:32 AM

Mar 2014
SalemWitch said:
I hoped Lara had some plot armor because of the new ED where Leon was protecting her but no.

thats the worst part about this, it made her death that much worse, the impact it gave to her death is enough to kill a person, NOW EVERYTIME YOU WATCH THE ED YOURE GONNA REMMBER HER AND HOW SHE IS GOD DAMN DEAD GOD DAMMIT

R.I.P Lara
Powered by yuri.
Needless to say, I finish all anime I start, no matter my initial opinion, no matter how bad it gets, I WILL FINISH IT!
Feb 6, 2015 10:34 AM

Aug 2010
F*** THIS SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY U DO THIS TT __ TT

Did they really have to go this route D: It was the most obvious and I really didn't want them to use this way to have Leon go back to being a Knight again. The ED is such a troll!! It shows him protecting Lara but in reality she was already practically dead when he arrived OTL

I teared up quite a bit at her death. So sad man. They made such a nice couple.
The way Leon thought about Lara when he said he has someone to protect now was so sweet. And now he doesn't have anyone to protect again so what's the use of killing her dammit!! Poor Leon. He's suffered so much. What will his motivation to fight be now? The usual not wanting other people to feel what he just felt suffering a loss of a close person?

Other than that, the talk between Leon and Alfonso was really nice. I was wishing it was a death flag <_<
Leon actually put up quite an awesome fight against that Horror.
And Alfonso's fight was so friggin BA!! DAT animation when he ORAORAORA'd it then just blew it up with one punch was soooo cool :O

AND FUCK LARA'S GRANDPA!!! Why did u have to follow him Lara T^T
Feb 6, 2015 10:34 AM

May 2014
SalemWitch said:
mangalicker94 said:

Call me an idiot but I'm actually still crying over Lara's death. That was an absolutely masterful scene. It's been a while since I've been hit in the feels so hard. Jesus Christ. I still can't believe she's dead.

Maybe Leon will strike a deal with the white girl next episode to bring Lara back to life in exchange for something...? Or that's just me grasping at straws. Yeah that's probably it.

Hahha, you made me laugh. but yeah it were sad. And it were really nice developed. I mean, she is begging Leon that he shouldn't leave and he choose to stay. And then when he have something to protect, he fails to protect it. Damn, just damn that must be a hard feeling. You can't feel more miserable than that. :(
Feb 6, 2015 10:36 AM

May 2014
Barion-Zara said:
F*** THIS SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY U DO THIS TT __ TT

Did they really have to go this route D: It was the most obvious and I really didn't want them to use this way to have Leon go back to being a Knight again. The ED is such a troll!! It shows him protecting Lara but in reality she was already practically dead when he arrived OTL

I teared up quite a bit at her death. So sad man. They made such a nice couple.
The way Leon thought about Lara when he said he has someone to protect now was so sweet. And now he doesn't have anyone to protect again so what's the use of killing her dammit!! Poor Leon. He's suffered so much. What will his motivation to fight be now? The usual not wanting other people to feel what he just felt suffering a loss of a close person?

Other than that, the talk between Leon and Alfonso was really nice. I was wishing it was a death flag <_<
Leon actually put up quite an awesome fight against that Horror.
And Alfonso's fight was so friggin BA!! DAT animation when he ORAORAORA'd it then just blew it up with one punch was soooo cool :O

AND FUCK LARA'S GRANDPA!!! Why did u have to follow him Lara T^T

Everything is to blamed on that old geezer.lol
Feb 6, 2015 10:45 AM

Mar 2014
This (Leon) would make an awesome backstory for some badass general from a different anime
Powered by yuri.
Feb 6, 2015 10:49 AM

Nov 2012
WTF, why did they have to kill Lara..... And here I was hoping for her to survive since eventually Leon as a Makai knight would have to pass to his armor to his bloodline; Unless he will pass his amor to Alfonso's children....Anyway, WTF
Feb 6, 2015 10:55 AM

Oct 2009
This is really sad....why Lara..... :(
Feb 6, 2015 10:58 AM

Nov 2012
I didn't want this but honestly ... it was predictable that he had to lose someone again to go back to the makai knights and have a new reason to fight.
Feb 6, 2015 10:59 AM

Mar 2009
I'm in so much denial right now, goddamnit... I can't even figure out what I'm feeling. Anger, I guess?

It was a great episode, I really appreciated interactions between Leon and Alfonso, but I just... I don't know if I'll recover. Fucking hell.
Feb 6, 2015 11:09 AM

Mar 2013
ArinneRealta said:
I'm in so much denial right now, goddamnit... I can't even figure out what I'm feeling. Anger, I guess?

It was a great episode, I really appreciated interactions between Leon and Alfonso, but I just... I don't know if I'll recover. Fucking hell.

With you all the way, man.
Feb 6, 2015 11:09 AM

Jul 2014
freakinn ninjas cutting onions.. like why do Leon have to suffer so much? i paused this episode so much just to lessen the blow.
Feb 6, 2015 11:14 AM

Aug 2012
The feels!!! QQ

I have a feeling that Leon will become a horror soonTm
Feb 6, 2015 11:34 AM

Jun 2014
My heart is broken :(((
Feb 6, 2015 11:39 AM
ざわ・・ ざわ・・

Oct 2012
I cried.
Feb 6, 2015 11:41 AM
May 2009
Leon just can't catch a break, will he ever have something good happening in his life ?
Feb 6, 2015 11:55 AM

Jan 2012
No seriously?! I thought from the ED that her family would die so she would travel with Leon oO
She can't die... when he finally found people he truly wanted to protect...
I really can't believe it... hope she just somehow fainted... (I know her eyes were open there but still!)
Feb 6, 2015 11:58 AM

Mar 2013
Decoysknight said:
The feels!!! QQ

I have a feeling that Leon will become a horror soonTm

I have a bad feeling too. When he was grieving because he thought they'd all died before he heard Lara's voice, the horror's smoke was surrounding him and it looked like it was coming from him... this show is too brutal, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is foreshadowing.

Leon just can't catch a break. God freaking damn it.
Feb 6, 2015 12:00 PM

Nov 2012
Way to go gramps, the seeds were your life alright, cost the lives of your whole family.

Idiot old man.

Sucks about Laura. Manly tears were shed, especially when Alfonse saw the scene and completely broke down.
Feb 6, 2015 12:04 PM
Aug 2011
I dont understand why Alfonso has Zaruba? Zaruba signed contract with Leon.
Feb 6, 2015 12:09 PM

Jan 2012
darkstar123 said:
I dont understand why Alfonso has Zaruba? Zaruba signed contract with Leon.

He probably lost him at the same time as the armor since I think Zaruba only lends his power to the owner of the garo armor or something like that
Feb 6, 2015 12:12 PM

Jun 2011
Why is Lala included in the second season poster i wonder. I guess she will be resurrected somehow.
Feb 6, 2015 12:15 PM
Feb 2015
Yes..Lyrisia is right..Zaruba role is to assist Garo user..So Zaruba helping Alfonso is not weird thing..because in live action series Zaruba already assist different owner of Garo..firstly Taiga,secondly Kouga and the Raiga and so on..
Feb 6, 2015 12:22 PM
Nov 2007
Like everyone I was fooled by the ED into thinking that maybe Lara will actually make it. So yeah, while I'm not surprised by this development (they had it coming the second they met Leon, let's be honest), I still teared up.

But this ep had some nice animation moments - especially when it came to facial expressions.

I wonder what's going to happen with Leon right now. Mostly re armour? I mean, isn't it that you can only have the armour you inherited from your parent and he lost that one to Alfonso. And even if he could inherit Herman's armour, it shouldn't be possible while the latter's using it and still alive right? ...how does the whole inheritance work, really. Especially if both of your parents have the makai blood like Leon's do/did.

I guess there's always Alfonso's way, as in how he got it from Raphael but I doubt there are that many Makai knights that would be on the verge on death and desparely in need of a successor.
SesshoFeb 6, 2015 12:31 PM
Feb 6, 2015 12:28 PM
Aug 2011
We still dont know what will happen. Maybe Leon will revive her but for who knows what kind of price. Leon is destined to be Garo so something for sure will happen.
darkstar123Feb 6, 2015 12:40 PM
Feb 6, 2015 12:45 PM

Apr 2008
I'm devastated. It's an amazing episode, but I'm still devastated.

It was obvious that something bad was about to happen to that family, but that doesn't minimise the emotional shock.

I... I just wanted them to be happy together. Fuck you MAPPA, you broke my OTP ;___;
Feb 6, 2015 12:56 PM
Sep 2014
that was a very sad emotional death. I can't believe Lara and her entire family got wiped out like that. Leon life is just filled with misery. Not being HEARTLESS! but I'm quite glad such a event happened. The series has been a bit slow and now with a motive Leon can finally try to become a makai knight and redeem himself. I think the series can finally pick up again and focus on the actual story rather than these fillers
Feb 6, 2015 1:05 PM

Nov 2012
I am a little confused here, I mean, Leon realized that before he was fighting for revenge and not trying to protect anybody, so now I wonder what will be his motivation to become a makai knight once again. I just don't see it that after this events he will decide to become a makai knight for the sake of other people instead of once again revenge. If he becomes a horror then WTF was most of this series about, so I guess the real main character was Alonso, but instead we were watching most of the series Leon grow into a villain...WTF.
Feb 6, 2015 1:19 PM

Nov 2011
I feel so sorry for Lara and the dog
With the many animes i have watched, i dont think i have ever seen a death scene so well executed like this....
It just breaks my heart and i have never wailed out like this before when watching anime
IheartCCFeb 6, 2015 1:32 PM
Hate Keeps me warm
Feb 6, 2015 1:31 PM
May 2013
Well I'm heartbroken and the tears won't stop.
I hope Leon won't end up as before again...
Pandora hearts broke my heart
Feb 6, 2015 1:39 PM

Jun 2008
god dang Grandpa! You had one job, and effed it up for everybody.
Feb 6, 2015 1:49 PM
Apr 2012
This is why Leon needs Garo back. Only he can bring out its true power. Berserk Garo isn't there for nothing. Alonso has only beaten horrows that he can easily beat with his old armor. Give him a real challenge.
Feb 6, 2015 1:56 PM

Jul 2011
Lyrisia said:
No seriously?! I thought from the ED that her family would die so she would travel with Leon oO

That was... a death flag?? Ain't she in season 2? Leon even has his white outfit in the S2 picture like in the ED...

Seriously, Leon's just not meant to be happy, is he? D:
Feb 6, 2015 2:09 PM
Apr 2012
Mirorin said:

Really, why give him character development if you going to shit on him in the end.
Feb 6, 2015 2:49 PM

Jan 2012
Mirorin said:
Lyrisia said:

That was... a death flag?? Ain't she in season 2? Leon even has his white outfit in the S2 picture like in the ED...

Aah right >< Hadn't seen the poster for the second season oO Well now she has to be resurrected somehow oO

Not fair ;( poor him
Feb 6, 2015 2:56 PM

Sep 2012
Killing Lara made absolutely no sense. C'mon now, the show was alright with the progression plus I feel that death was pretty forced. Leon already had grown as a character. Someone slap the writers for stupidity.
Feb 6, 2015 3:06 PM

Sep 2013
Well to lighten up the mood in this discussion. I want to bring attention to the fact that Alfonso with the Garo armor defeated the horror using Star Platinum ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA! Super manly and I liked that. :D

The horror this week was brilliantly designed. Mmf, SO FREAKING METAL! About time I could say that again. The music complimented the episode as well, it was fairly atmospheric and fit the show well.

To be honest, when I saw them looking at the Fairy Thingy, I could have sworn that was going to be some plot device to save the villagers but nope. I am happy they didn't go that route.

I actually find this to be an intriguing move by the writers. Not the whole, family dying part, I predicted that part but the fact that it was Alfonso who failed to save them even though he was right there. That's pretty screwed up and I can see this situation changing Alfonso as a character if they play it right. He finally speaks to Leon, realizing that Leon finally has a reason to live, a reason to protect and it was because he couldn't save them in time that Leon now lost that and he's likely going to fall even deeper down the pit of despair that he was at before.

The death scene was... cliche but I mean, the whole series is kinda cliche so it didn't bother me. I also found it cool how they enhanced the animation quality for it as well, it was very beautiful, especially the gleam in the eyes, no tears going down the cheeks, just pure despair. Not bad. It didn't really pack as much impact on me as I'd hoped it would though since I did think her character was a bit bland but she still served her purpose and was fleshed out fine.

All in all, great episode. Probably one of the best of the series. Thank goodness they pulled this strong of an episode after those previous 2.
Feb 6, 2015 4:01 PM

Jun 2014
Keten said:
Well to lighten up the mood in this discussion. I want to bring attention to the fact that Alfonso with the Garo armor defeated the horror using Star Platinum ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA! Super manly and I liked that. :D

The horror this week was brilliantly designed. Mmf, SO FREAKING METAL! About time I could say that again. The music complimented the episode as well, it was fairly atmospheric and fit the show well.

To be honest, when I saw them looking at the Fairy Thingy, I could have sworn that was going to be some plot device to save the villagers but nope. I am happy they didn't go that route.

I actually find this to be an intriguing move by the writers. Not the whole, family dying part, I predicted that part but the fact that it was Alfonso who failed to save them even though he was right there. That's pretty screwed up and I can see this situation changing Alfonso as a character if they play it right. He finally speaks to Leon, realizing that Leon finally has a reason to live, a reason to protect and it was because he couldn't save them in time that Leon now lost that and he's likely going to fall even deeper down the pit of despair that he was at before.

The death scene was... cliche but I mean, the whole series is kinda cliche so it didn't bother me. I also found it cool how they enhanced the animation quality for it as well, it was very beautiful, especially the gleam in the eyes, no tears going down the cheeks, just pure despair. Not bad. It didn't really pack as much impact on me as I'd hoped it would though since I did think her character was a bit bland but she still served her purpose and was fleshed out fine.

All in all, great episode. Probably one of the best of the series. Thank goodness they pulled this strong of an episode after those previous 2.

I noticed the ORA ORA part too XD
Feb 6, 2015 4:22 PM
Feb 2015
Mirorin said:
Lyrisia said:

Kinda like the father and son karma thing. German lost his wife too, worst than Leon, he lost his because the human he is meant to protect ended burning him. For now, if German loses Ximena as well, it'll be a truly tragic fate for the pair father and son.
Feb 6, 2015 4:22 PM

Jul 2009
Is this a fucking joke? This can't be!!! Lara :( AND DON'T FORGET THE DOG!

THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO MAKE BABIES TOGETHER DAMNIT!!! (because obviously after Leon redeems himself and gets his damn armour back he needs an heir. *sigh* wishful thinking)

I'm so cheesed right now. The tears, they be flowing.

Glad everyone else seems to be on the same page.
Feb 6, 2015 4:24 PM

Jul 2009
No. I'm not done. There's more. ITS THAT DAMN OLD MAN'S FAULT! AND I LIKED HIM TO.

BEING ABOUT THESE SEEDS ARE OUR LIVES. NO DUMBFUCK, YOUR LIFE IS YOUR LIFE. YOU NEED TO SURVIVE BEFORE YOU CAN LIVE! BECAUSE OF YOUR STUBBORN ASS LARA IS DEAD!!!!!!

So sad right now.
Feb 6, 2015 4:35 PM
Nov 2014
This episode was fucking brutal. I've felt sorry for León ever since the mid-season finale. I've been wanting some plot development, since I thought the last few episodes were a little slow, but... damn it.

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Garo: Honoo no Kokuin Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2015

65 by macabongx »»
Nov 8, 2023 4:02 PM

Poll: » Garo: Honoo no Kokuin Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2014

169 by Inexplicable »»
Oct 3, 2022 3:40 PM

» 2nd half is a lot better than first

Barry_Allen_14 - Aug 16, 2021

2 by Scythe97 »»
Sep 30, 2022 3:52 AM

Poll: » Garo: Honoo no Kokuin Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2015

89 by Creepyarea »»
Sep 17, 2022 1:42 AM

Poll: » Garo: Honoo no Kokuin Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2015

101 by dragynfaerie »»
Jun 26, 2022 8:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.