Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 2, 2015 12:36 PM
Dec 2013
One Piece also. At a certain point, I got too embarassed to consider myself a fan of the franchise any longer.
Feb 2, 2015 12:38 PM

Jan 2014
None come to mind. Impeccable taste remains.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Feb 2, 2015 12:41 PM
Sep 2011
mayukachan said:
Hoenn is the best region. May is best girl, too.

I want to say that the first season isn't the best, it's only because it's the one I saw first and the formula wasn't stale after watching 400 episodes of the same thing.

I just can't when I see characters like the Team Rocket Trio go from comedic but threatening to harmless joke characters.

I can't when I remember that Brock served a purpose other than to chase anything wearing a skirt.

I really liked the idea of May being the new novice trainer and Ash taking a mentor role with her using the wisdom he gained form his travels with Misty and Brock, but no, instead he seems to stay completely incompetent.

On a non-Pokemon note...
Basically all of my love for battle shounens faded away when I saw Hajime no Ippo. I never knew I could enjoy nearly every episode of an anime about any kind of fighting, and that the action would be more than just budget-saving zipping around and characters standing around and talking.

Magical Girl shows also killed my interest in battle shounen due to having vastly more likeable female characters who aren't just designated love interests or damsels in distress. The lack of most fanservice and the tiresome lecherous characters is another huge plus.
Feb 2, 2015 12:42 PM

Jan 2015
Clockwerk93 said:
Naruto Shippuden.

Do I need to explain?
Not at all:D
Feb 2, 2015 12:44 PM

Jan 2014
MrKai23 said:
Clockwerk93 said:
Naruto Shippuden.

Do I need to explain?

What happened to Appa? Much better than Weather Wizard. Avatar is the best anime after all.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Feb 2, 2015 12:52 PM

Jan 2015
RedRoseFring said:
MrKai23 said:

What happened to Appa? Much better than Weather Wizard. Avatar is the best anime after all.
I used to believe that to but then Korra happened.

It destroyed everything I loved about Avatar. I despise the creators, can't even call myself an Avatar fan anymore because of what they did.
Feb 2, 2015 12:55 PM

Jan 2014
MrKai23 said:
RedRoseFring said:

It destroyed everything I loved about Avatar. I despise the creators, can't even call myself an Avatar fan anymore because of what they did.

Wow. That explains a lot...
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Feb 2, 2015 12:55 PM

Aug 2013
RedRoseFring said:

I just remembered my experience watching the Chinese dub for "The Legend of Korra".
It was amazing.

MrKai23 said:

In my opinion "The Legend of Korra" is far better than "Avatar: The Last Airbender".

For my rating on each book, I would go something like:

"Avatar: The Last Airbender" Book 1 - 6/10
"Avatar: The Last Airbender" Book 2 - 8/10
"Avatar: The Last Airbender" Book 2 - 8/10

"The Legend of Korra" Book 1 - 9/10
"The Legend of Korra" Book 2 - 7/10
"The Legend of Korra" Book 3 - 10/10
"The Legend of Korra" Book 4 - 8/10
Feb 2, 2015 12:57 PM

Jan 2015
Sloth_ said:
Clockwerk93 said:
Naruto Shippuden.

Do I need to explain?
Please do.

The whole show keeps getting worse and worse as the story progresses. Too much bullshit to say...
dontsendmenudesFeb 2, 2015 1:38 PM
Feb 2, 2015 12:58 PM

Oct 2014
Ockap1812 said:
Scooby doo.

Are you even real?
It's not an anime

Dec 2012
Clockwerk93 said:
Sloth_ said:
Please do.

The whole show keeps getting worse and worse as the story progresses. Too much bullshit to say...

How does it explain anything?

''I stopped liking it because I thought it became bad''

That was already implied.

Dec 2013
Akame ga Kill
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Feb 2, 2015 1:21 PM

Apr 2013
kawaii-despair said:
LeosApathy said:

Is that so? I stopped at pokemon platinum, however I keep my ear to the streets, and the streets tell me the new pokemon aren't as creative as the old ones.

Maybe you've heard that from genwunners
Platinum was one of the weak one IMO but the rest from there were pretty good
The recent Hoenn remake is awesome tho

soulsilver? I really really wanted to play that, but by then I had moved on from nintendo games. gosh maybe i am missing out lmao
Feb 2, 2015 1:21 PM

Jan 2015
tsudecimo said:

I still missing a lot but I won't say more shit since it's my opinion. My English isn't good enough so don't expect perfect grammar.
Feb 2, 2015 1:22 PM

Sep 2014
Many ones but especially two.

-Dragon Quest: Dai no Daiboken.

Because when I've discovered this show, It was the time when I've discovered medieval fantasy universes (Dungeon & Dragons) and anime/mangas. Seeing those both universe in one show was like a chilhood dream.

But with time (even during the show), I realized this show is one of my top 10 hatred anime.
Because It's silly and simple. The heroes are annoying as hell (especially Poppu), their habits to call "Justice-Good" for anything (slauthtering ennemies and convince It was for great Good) is really frustrating and all my favorite characters come from the Demons Army, except Hyunkel and the Elf Earth Dragon Warrior (don't remember his name).

-Gurren Lagann

First, I was in love with this show like many. I was charmed by Kamina charisma and the Epic moments.
But with time, between realization, seeing throught Kamina "light" and some discussions with fanboys, my love for this show has been changed into the worst Anime experience I've had.
I've realized how much Kamina is in fact a loudly big-headed dumb asshole, the epic stuffs are damn over-the-top silly, I can't stand most of characters except Viral, who should be the main protagonist and Rossiu who I freaking hate how much he's been treated in the show because he's the only one with logic mind.
Feb 2, 2015 1:23 PM

May 2014
Clockwerk93 said:
tsudecimo said:

I still missing a lot but I won't say more shit since it's my opinion. My English isn't good enough so don't expect perfect grammar.

you have a point to a certain extent, but i wouldn't say that shippuden is shit all together, it had one of the MOST EPIC plot-twists in anime history
Feb 2, 2015 1:28 PM

Jan 2015
WAD1992 said:
Clockwerk93 said:

you have a point to a certain extent, but i wouldn't say that shippuden is shit all together, it had one of the MOST EPIC plot-twists in anime history

Which one?
Feb 2, 2015 1:31 PM

Aug 2013
WAD1992 said:
Clockwerk93 said:

bro you smoking to much
Feb 2, 2015 1:38 PM

Sep 2014
Pokemon and Oban Star Racers :)
Feb 2, 2015 1:38 PM

Dec 2012
Clockwerk93 said:

tsudecimoFeb 2, 2015 1:55 PM
Feb 2, 2015 1:47 PM

Feb 2013
That would be Naruto, back then it was "The best thing EVVA" for me, After Shippuden it just got lower and lower. Now it's Meh at best as far as i'm concerned
Feb 2, 2015 1:53 PM

Jan 2015
Fairy tail, stopped watching couple weeks ago..
Also: Pokemon

Credits to MAND4Drawings
Feb 2, 2015 1:54 PM

Jan 2015
tsudecimo said:
With bitching I was talking about all the Naruto and Sasuke thing.

I won't discuss this here anymore because we're getting out of the thread and we'll never finish. You have your reasons to like it and I have mine to dislike. I'm glad you could enjoy Naruto until the end, cuz I couldn't. What annoys me is the single fact that I used to love Naruto and Shippuden but I feel like the author took the easy way.

You should make your post spoiler btw xD
Feb 2, 2015 1:56 PM

Dec 2012
Clockwerk93 said:
You have your reasons to like it and I have mine to dislike. I'm glad you could enjoy Naruto until the end, cuz I couldn't.

Okay, cool.
Feb 2, 2015 2:00 PM

Jan 2015
Legend of Korra for me. Ya ya I know it isn't an anime but damn it I will put it anyway.

Avatar Korra was a disappointment until the last season and even then it wasn't all that great. The great thing about the original Avatar was the adventure aspect and how Aang grew as an Avatar by meeting many people and travelling with his friends.

Legend of Korra didn't have that. The pacing was pretty bad as well and the animation budget was clearly not up to par.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 2, 2015 2:01 PM

Mar 2014
Does Naruto even change after the time skip and did he learn any new abilities?

Legend of korra only had one good season.
Feb 2, 2015 2:02 PM

Nov 2012
I used to love Bleach, surfing the wikia constantly and watching ost videos, then I lost interest in it for other battle anime.
Feb 2, 2015 2:02 PM

Dec 2012
sullynathan said:

Yes and yes
Feb 2, 2015 2:03 PM

May 2014
tsudecimo said:
sullynathan said:

Yes and yes

actually the only thing thats noticeable afterwards is the constant power-ups
Feb 2, 2015 2:11 PM

Jun 2014
naruto
All credit goes to Sacred.
Feb 2, 2015 2:24 PM
Sep 2014
Bleach and Naruto
Feb 2, 2015 2:24 PM

Aug 2011
Inuyasha. I decided to rewatch it from the beginning for nostalgic purposes, and realized it was really repetitive and boring, and nothing really ever happened to progress the plot, aside from one or two events every five episodes. TFA wasn't any better, but the pacing was 10x faster.

Feb 2, 2015 2:31 PM

Mar 2014
tsudecimo said:
sullynathan said:

Yes and yes

How did he change after the time skip and what new abilities did he learn?
It's been like 4 years since I watched the beginning of Shippuden.
Feb 2, 2015 2:55 PM

Aug 2011
sullynathan said:
tsudecimo said:

Yes and yes

He pretty much grew out of his childish mindset, like only thinking and acting on emotion. He also stops prioritizing JUST Sasuke. His development during the war arc is pretty significant compared to the rest of the series.

His abilities are really just different Rasengan variations and new fox transformations. He (and Sasuke) also gets another powerup by someone, but that's not until way later.

Feb 2, 2015 2:56 PM

Jan 2014
Naruto
Feb 2, 2015 2:57 PM

Mar 2014
Nabris said:
sullynathan said:

He pretty much grew out of his childish mindset, like only thinking and acting on emotion. He also stops prioritizing JUST Sasuke. His development during the war arc is pretty significant compared to the rest of the series.

His abilities are really just different Rasengan variations and new fox transformations. He (and Sasuke) also gets another powerup by someone, but that's not until way later.

I thought he still acted childish. I'm still dumbfounded as to why Jiraiya didn't teach him more.
Feb 2, 2015 3:19 PM

Dec 2012
Nabris said:

His abilities are really just different Rasengan variations.

You forgot Senjutsu.

sullynathan said:
I'm still dumbfounded as to why Jiraiya didn't teach him more.

That's because Naruto is bad at learning other jutsu. It was necessary for Jiraiya to improve his fundamentals (chakra molding, control)since Naruto's were terrible, he needlessly uses and wastes too much chakra. Became better at summoning jutsu, summoning bigger frogs without the need for the Kyuubi's chakra. And improving his jutsus shadow clones (he is more tactical with them, can create them in mid air and Rasengan.

Jiraiya blatantly told him, that learning new jutsus is pointless for him, and he should master the ones he already got.

His journey and training with Jiraiya was more about bonding than anything anyway.
Feb 2, 2015 3:30 PM

Nov 2014
LucasRTS said:
Bleach and Naruto
Those and Fairy Tail
Feb 2, 2015 3:33 PM

Jul 2014
Pokemon and Naruto
Feb 2, 2015 3:41 PM

Jan 2014
Gundam Wing

One of the first anime's I ever watched and loved it at the time but subsequent re watches have revealed the terable plot holes, nonsensical characters and complete asspulls.
Feb 2, 2015 3:43 PM

Jun 2011
Imateria said:
Gundam Wing

One of the first anime's I ever watched and loved it at the time but subsequent re watches have revealed the terable plot holes, nonsensical characters and complete asspulls.
damn I was afraid of this
Feb 2, 2015 3:44 PM

Jul 2014
Naruto after the pain arc.
Feb 2, 2015 3:44 PM

Jul 2012
Imateria said:
Gundam Wing

I still want to watch this. I mean, come on, there's bishounens and Midorikawa Hikaru!
Feb 2, 2015 3:47 PM

May 2014
sullynathan said:
Nabris said:

I thought he still acted childish. I'm still dumbfounded as to why Jiraiya didn't teach him more.

dont over-think it every power up he ever got was ridiculous to begin with.
he learns senjutsu in a matter of days, surpasses his sensei in it (even though his master spent his lifetime training with senjustsu) and he beats a virtually UNBEATABLE foe without the aid of any one .... yes kichi kinda screwed this arc over at this point, at least let him win with the aid of his friends!!!!
that would have been credible at least!!!!
but the two students meeting and the akutski origin story was truly wonderful to see, too bad konan and yahiko didn't get that mush spotlight as nagato did, they really did have interesting characters.
Feb 2, 2015 3:49 PM

May 2014
mayukachan said:
Imateria said:
Gundam Wing

I still want to watch this. I mean, come on, there's bishounens and Midorikawa Hikaru!

seriously ?? !! -_-
where is the bichounen in gundum wing?? now your just free!-ing everything around :P
and gundum wing was one of the best gundums ..... come one people!!!
Feb 2, 2015 3:50 PM

Jul 2012
WAD1992 said:
mayukachan said:

seriously ?? !! -_-
where is the bichounen in gundum wing?? now your just free!-ing everything around :P

Well, from the MAL forums, people told me that Gundam Wing was the first Gundam to introduce bishounens to get a female audience and also, Gundam 00 also did that too, which came later on. this guy looks pretty fine, ngl
Feb 2, 2015 3:51 PM

Nov 2010
Nabris said:

Did you not watch the beginning of Shippuden at all? He still does childish things and got too heated in the first arc, running off on his own, and even letting the enemy get away.

OT: Love Hina, Detective Conan, etc.
Feb 2, 2015 3:54 PM

Dec 2012
mayukachan said:
Well, from the MAL forums, people told me that Gundam Wing was the first Gundam to introduce bishounens to get a female audience and also, Gundam 00 also did that too, which came later on. this guy looks pretty fine, ngl
I've never been interested in Gundam until now.
Feb 2, 2015 3:58 PM

May 2014
mayukachan said:
WAD1992 said:

seriously ?? !! -_-

yes but there was never any bishi moments in gundum wings :|
Feb 2, 2015 4:05 PM

Jan 2014
WAD1992 said:
mayukachan said:

seriously ?? !! -_-

By all the laws of nature Hero Yui should have died 3 times in the first 4 episodes , not to mention the whole "total pacifism" BS. Wing is one of the weaker Gundam series, just above G and AGE and behind ZZ.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Have you ever felt so satisfied after finishing certain anime that you don't even want its sequel?

Rinrinka - Apr 12

48 by delirific »»
2 minutes ago

» According to MAL, what are your anime hidden gems? ( 1 2 3 )

NoelleIsSleepy - May 2

125 by CoconutPizza »»
4 minutes ago

» Hidden Gems of Spring 2024

ForgotEyeWasHere - 10 hours ago

13 by KitsuFrost »»
5 minutes ago

» Does Non-Japanese Artist Song count as Anime OP/ED?

Dragevard - Yesterday

16 by KodomoKomodo »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » Is the term “weeb” offensive?

kusairo - May 10

49 by Atmogenic »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.