Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 28, 2015 2:39 PM

Sep 2008
More work till late night hours ~ rip musani
~_~ !
Jul 10, 2015 3:29 AM

Nov 2014
What an unexpected turn.. Man that sucks.

Jul 22, 2015 12:27 AM

Mar 2012
I found it funny, yet unsurprising, how all of the new people they hired were girls.

Issues with the author as expected, it's a shame since they were doing a pretty good job so far.
Aug 15, 2015 5:41 PM

Mar 2012
Haha these new recruits have some interesting personalities.

F*cking idiot editor.
Aug 29, 2015 5:48 PM

Jul 2014
this was such an interesting and informative episode, enjoyed every second of it! Now I have a better understanding of how anime production gets started and a greater appreciation for it. It was awesome seeing them choose the coloring schemes, the background style, and discussing the music.

LMFAO the president's "take-off!!!" and the usual confused murmurs xD

KUNOGI-SAN IS SO ADORABLE HOLY SHIIIIIIII

funny story, it was going way too smoothly for something NOT to happen...
ChaoyigonAug 29, 2015 5:57 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 29, 2015 5:59 PM

Jul 2014
Avenger-senpai said:
I found it funny, yet unsurprising, how all of the new people they hired were girls.

Issues with the author as expected, it's a shame since they were doing a pretty good job so far.

dont forget the one dude Hiraoka lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 2, 2015 8:51 PM

Jun 2009
this was a great episode. it gives us all a better look into the production processes behind creating an anime, more specifically pre-production. it also gives us some insight into what certain roles involve in a typical anime studio.

can't say i'm too surprised about what happened at the end.
Sep 19, 2015 11:42 PM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
Not like this...
Sep 25, 2015 12:15 AM

May 2014
Baaah, what a way to end that episode. Things are going to get really tough now >_< Ema's probably going to have another confidence drop =/
Sep 30, 2015 3:11 PM

Jan 2011
Guess something or someone had to fuck up somehow, otherwise it would've been too easy. Maybe the author will finally care for his adaptation...
The director should have some more confidence too. :'o
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Dec 4, 2015 2:31 PM

Feb 2010
Paulo27 said:

Still, I don't see how changing character designs is THAT big of a deal, it's not like everything is going to waste.

Actually that's exactly what it means..

Apr 8, 2016 4:00 PM

Nov 2015
You have no idea how I hated the pirate doll in this episode, complaining about everything! xD
Really, they left me speechless with they removed the flickering on the plane movement jaja that was amazing! How does that work!?

All that hard work gone in vain because the creator wants retakes... =_=

And yes, all the new employes are cute girls... no surprise xD
Well, we have that new guy Hiraoka... what is what he does do, again?
Apr 13, 2016 2:13 PM

Jul 2007
Max said:
animefan8800 said:
A fairly dry episode

I disagree. In fact, this is what solidified my opinion of the series going from 'good' to 'great'. It's no longer a concept that's being played safe; every aspect is being brought out to its fullest extent, and the series isn't stopping to catch its breath. It doesn't need to. It's being assertive for the first time in its run.

Needless to say, it was my favorite episode so far.

This, so much this. I'm tempted to agree on it being my favorite episode thus far, but Episode 12 with Sugie still tops it just a bit in my mind. :D
きみ は だれ だい?
ぼく は ラムボ!
ぼく は だれ だい?
きみ は ラムボ!
ラムボ なんでし!
Jun 9, 2016 3:35 AM

Mar 2015
I hated this episode. This is the 2nd time I got rated it as hate since the MC of Kimi no Iru Machi dumped Yuzuha.

Reason One: The production flow of this episode seemed to me stressful and I vowed that I will never ever going to work under animation company.

Reason Two: Because of that stupid editor, Musani needs to redo from scratch! Sigh :(

My favorite new chara is Andou Tsubaki! Her artistic hair what attracted me.

ED Animation: 3.2/5

Episode: 1.6/5
Jun 21, 2016 5:14 PM

Sep 2015
This was a pretty interesting episode. We missed out on a lot of the early planning process in the last cour, so this episode is dominated by meetings upon meetings to try and nail the project down. I think it was effective though on paper that could sound kind of dull and expository.

For starters we get to check in with some of the cast. Ema for instance is now a more confident artist attending meetings and has her own scared stiff little Kohai. I'd also like to say that character was a little over the top for me, I've drank a lot of this show's moe kool aid so far but I think she was pushing it.

Second it's kept lively by being narrated by our mascots, in increasingly elaborately animated sequences. As always when we see them for a pro longed amount of time, you can't help but feel Aoi is going to be in a mental institution by the end. But they were fun, there was a lot of over the top flights of fancy in this episode, the director in the maid outfit was quite chuckle worthy.

This episode also features one of their abrupt cliff hangers, when we learn skeevy agent man hasn't been communicating well with the manga writer. Now he wants them to re do everything because he doesn't like the character designs. It was yet another sharp and clever plot twist and while maybe a little obvious the amusingly terrible agent so clearly being negligent was all the set up we needed. Can't wait to see them resolve this next time.

Well we get out second version of the ED now which is doing what anyone could have predicted it would. This time Ema gets added to the roof. I really like the main cast so I have to admit I got stupidly happy when I saw Ema come up. Like oh who are they doing next.
Jul 23, 2016 1:33 PM

Aug 2012
-Hey it's yellow highlight from the interview episode
-Oh I didn't even recognize commuter-chan when they showed the nameplate
-No surprise yellow highlight got the job but I'm kinda surprised commuter-chan got it actually
-The intro of the OP is so great, as well as the outro and the whole thing, really
-Man I didn't even notice commuter-chan in the OP before this episode. She's so plain
-Aoi's Mimuji alter-ego is terrifying
-Andou's shirt in the scenario meeting reads "Won't Forget Never" which is fitting
-Andou best
-Yeah the characters are much easier to track in the second half since they don't throw them at you all at once
-Pretty nice scenery in the location hunting segment
-Yeah now Aoi's alter egos are explaining the meetings rather than having the show throw everything at you, and I'm wondering where this was for the first 9 or so episodes
-Director in a maid outfit highlight of the episode probably
-Chazawa still being a wall in the way of human advancement
-Like seriously where was Mimuji and Roro to explain stuff in the first half of this show
-Uh this Kunogi person must be extremely skilled or something- wait never mind it was probably because of the bug that she couldn't speak
-Tarou has so much charm as the clown of the company
-Once again where was all the "Making an Anime 101 ft. Mimuji and Roro" in the first half of the show
-Yeah those would've been a HUGE help earlier
-Wow fuck that Chazawa guy
-Ema's the subject of the ED this time, and it looks like they change the subject every time and add to the picture at the end, which is actually pretty cool. I definitely like the animation of the second ED better than the animation of the first ED, but I like the first ED song better.

Like I would've liked this show a lot more if they did this type of episode as part of the first few episodes.
Jul 26, 2016 3:31 AM

Jul 2013
Redone all of it?!! B-but why? I bet next episode will be showing all the staff looking depressed and get demotivated to the point of giving up.
Aug 4, 2016 4:58 AM

Jul 2013
What is with the sudden dip on quality with the show. The last episode had some awful humor with the over the top board members and now the dolls are being used wrong and there's suddenly a lot of bad exposition.
Sep 16, 2016 11:32 PM

Sep 2013
I had a feeling that would happen when the douchebag guy kept assuring them everything was ok.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Nov 12, 2016 12:22 PM
Feb 2015
the author seems like a dick, doesnt care at first but then goes like stop everything and start from scratch.....
Nov 14, 2016 2:55 PM

Feb 2012
Yamato on the desk

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jan 4, 2017 6:33 AM

Oct 2015
Screw the author, seriously, he stays out of it all the while and just as people get into the project he says he doesn't like the character designs, I mean the editor was a bastard but the author should know that people have schedules to keep up with
Apr 14, 2017 4:28 PM

May 2010
Gosh, I knew something like that would happen sooner or later, they didn't get actual author's approval after all :< Screw the editor and his "funny story", dammit!
Apr 21, 2017 3:22 PM
Dec 2013
Damn and I really liked her original designs.
Jun 9, 2017 3:44 AM

Jul 2012
I love the two new PAs. Andō is great 😊

And oh boy. This was bound to happen with an editor that says "go ahead" and "that's fine" for everything 😑
I hope Aoi doesn't stress out too much from this 😣
Jun 14, 2017 10:15 AM

Dec 2014
5/5 Starting over again?

Really after all that work their gonna start over again? makes me wanna punch the author, or much better his "funny Story" assistant.
Jul 16, 2017 8:46 PM

Jul 2017
Wow, so all that hard work goes to waste. That sucks :(
Aug 30, 2017 3:18 PM
Sep 2009
Avenger-senpai said:

To be fair, production side of the industry is female heavy.
Jan 14, 2018 12:30 PM

Apr 2015
The newbies seem promising. The girl who is full of useless anime trivia and the girl who's cripplingly shy are both /r/me_irl.

"The author asked for retakes on the character designs." This motherfucker...he was too busy to even show up for any meetings on the anime, sent his incompetent assistant in for five minutes, and now gets picky about the anime's character designs that he didn't give a shit about when it was time to actually give a shit about them? REEEEEEEEEE
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Feb 22, 2018 6:33 PM
Jan 2012
wow. This Writer make me annoying because your decision.
Very liked to see the new employers of musashino. Liked to see assistent of production excited about the project.
Mar 12, 2019 1:55 PM

May 2016
Man Studios have it rough if authors do that to them.

this episode was so far the most informative about how animation works, not that enjoyable but really informative.
Apr 21, 2019 6:20 AM

Feb 2018
Still discuss about character design.
Oct 20, 2019 8:41 AM

Apr 2013
I thought that something like that would happen, that guy who spoke for the author and simply said yes to everything was prone to make problems later on. They sure are trying to get their newbies into the business fast, everything seemd to work out just too well.
Feb 5, 2020 1:23 PM

Mar 2014
I hate those mascot things, they were in way too much of the episode.
New characters seem decent, MC is still boring.
Jan 18, 2021 7:29 AM

Jul 2017
Those dolls really ruined what was a pretty good episode for me in introducing new employees/PAs, and showing them the ropes in an educational sense with the amount of meetings that take place to plan out the anime from the visuals to the music composition and much more.

Aoi really gives off the presence of a manager now who's got everything under control while in the past and even when she got the PM job in the first place, she was more like a nervous wreck before. She's grown into her role for sure in a subtle manner, although you could really say that for the studio as a whole for maturing into what they've become after the Exodus project where it was a return for the studio after many years, definitely more composed now (until the end scene at least).

Nice seeing Midori adjust really nicely to the job too as she works in the same room as the Director while researching about the setting and other details for the show. But really, now that the character designs have to be redone, which basically means everything visually has to be redone from scratch minimum, the progress was for naught. Shame that the editor was really incompetent with how he handled the anime meetings and not letting the mangaka communicate directly with the anime staff to give their opinions on how the anime should approach the adaptation process. It wasn't chaotic this time around, but it definitely might be now. Aoi's gotta step up too as the manager of the whole thing to make sure the whole ship doesn't sink.

But yeah, while it was a good episode on paper, the dolls really are unnecessary for the show. They break the immersion of the work atmosphere for me and the serious tone too, and their conversations always annoy the fuck out of me. They really don't belong in this show, and took a really good episode to just a fine episode in the end due to how they were present like every 10 seconds.
Apr 11, 2021 7:40 AM

May 2015
Fuck this guy who didnt care.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 9, 2022 8:46 PM
Jul 2018
Slice of life (nichijou) preferably use calm and composed soundtrack, but Nichijou has to be masterfully combined with intense music.
Aug 3, 2022 4:39 AM
Jun 2014
Speaking of meetings, I wonder in which meeting they decided to put the mascots in this episode as much as possible. This is pretty much the only complaint I've had about this show so far. They already had multiple characters who were new who they could use to explain what each meeting was about and to let us see how the new characters interact with the old ones. If they really needed to they could have put the mascots in once or twice to break it up a little, but for some reason they put them in for most of the episode.
Jan 16, 2023 11:33 PM
Feb 2022
ugh right after i commented on the last episode that i was really enjoying this show. there’s way too much of the stupid plushies talking. in fact the whole series would have been way better without them, regardless if they are in the source material or not. they are annoying AF

that and when everyone has hallucinations together. thank god that is rare. the rest of this show is realistic and fun.

im definitely against a perfect score at this point
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Does Shirobako get any better?

terryacer - May 7, 2018

26 by oooo3333 »»
Mar 25, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2015

286 by oooo3333 »»
Mar 25, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2014

138 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 12, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2014

115 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 11, 3:47 AM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2014

165 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 6, 2:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.