Forum Settings
Forums

Will otaku die if main anime girls aren't pure, but like healthy sex with lots of different guys?

New
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Jan 17, 2015 6:17 AM

May 2014
silverwalls said:
best thread of the week

the free! thread yesterday was prety awsome ;)
Jan 17, 2015 6:23 AM

Nov 2012
WAD1992 said:
silverwalls said:
best thread of the week

the free! thread yesterday was prety awsome ;)

everything with free! is pretty awesome ;)
Jan 17, 2015 6:27 AM

Sep 2014
Hmm most definitely. They live for their pure waifus after all. x)
Jan 17, 2015 6:45 AM

Dec 2014
Certainly not
Jan 17, 2015 6:07 PM
Jan 2013
ApplePhi said:
genesic123 said:
Nope

For most dudes a girl is a girl.Go to be grateful.Men in general,otaku or not, do not have the privillage of being THAT choosy.

It wouldn't be a factor.

Oh no, guys can be that picky if they want to.

They shouldn't think they'll get a girlfriend with that attitude though.

Men in real life aren't shoujo manga protagonists

Jan 17, 2015 6:09 PM

Apr 2014
Still think this is one of the most useless and stupid threads on MAL.
Jan 17, 2015 6:13 PM

May 2014
Milk_is_Special said:

well your the only one son :^P
Jan 17, 2015 6:15 PM

Sep 2013
Milk_is_Special said:

Not possible since I personally posted in it :)
Jan 17, 2015 6:59 PM

Jan 2015
In the west, it would probably be appreciated. Japan, I can't say...

That said, I would hate it if they took the western approach of having a never-ending love-<insert shape here> where the characters were constantly hooking/breaking-up with one another, creating a mountain of unnecessary, repetitive, and often distracting drama.
Jan 17, 2015 7:40 PM

Jan 2015
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Anyway, Japanese society is sexist, that shouldn't be news.

I will have to agree with this. Of course, there might be exceptions (I hate to overgeneralize), but if a society is sexist, its cultural products will show it. There is sexism (explicit or implicit) in most animes I've watched.
It is sexist to consider that a girl is 'worthy' or not depending on her sex life and whether she's 'pure' or not. What does it matter? What she does or doesn't is up to her.
Jan 17, 2015 7:57 PM

Jun 2013
Anah023 said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Anyway, Japanese society is sexist, that shouldn't be news.

I will have to agree with this. Of course, there might be exceptions (I hate to overgeneralize), but if a society is sexist, its cultural products will show it. There is sexism (explicit or implicit) in most animes I've watched.
It is sexist to consider that a girl is 'worthy' or not depending on her sex life and whether she's 'pure' or not. What does it matter? What she does or doesn't is up to her.
Speaking of sexism, that reminds me of a scene in JoJo were JoJo tells Lisa Lisa to stand down and let him do the dirty work because she is a woman. Lisa Lisa was Jojo's trainer, so there was nothing about her skill level that made JoJo speak those words.
Jan 17, 2015 8:03 PM
Jul 2018
AnimeSweden said:
Anah023 said:

Speaking of sexism, that reminds me of a scene in JoJo were JoJo tells Lisa Lisa to stand down and let him do the dirty work because she is a woman. Lisa Lisa was Jojo's trainer, so there was nothing about her skill level that made JoJo speak those words.

That was in the 1930s if I remember.

Almost every country was sexist back then.
Jan 17, 2015 8:19 PM

Jun 2013
AverageFanboy said:
That was in the 1930s if I remember.

Almost every country was sexist back then.

Sure, but I'm not entirely convinced that was the only reason they had that dialogue. JoJo is a testosterone feast after all.
Apr 7, 2015 9:06 AM

Nov 2013
It's fantasy, man. And a perfect fantasy for most guys is having a pure girl for whom you would be the first and only love. I don't see what's so hard to understand; it's the most popular romantic ideal. Of course, it's not realistic however.
Apr 7, 2015 9:14 AM

Sep 2013
The real issue is, why are women so c*ck hungry?
They will betray anyone if another guy with a decent c* ck comes along just to taste it :(
This is why society is crumbling.
Apr 7, 2015 9:19 AM

Apr 2013
tsudecimo said:
Garfild said:
Let us be honest, most of people has sex during high school.

Umm no. Even if we try and pretend the whole world has the same culture as USA, it's still in college that most people explore their sexuality.

Japan's culture is different than US. Having a lot of sex partners during highschool is something highly uncommon, unless she is a prostitute, or a Gyaru or Ganguro.

This nigga thinks that only american teenagers can be horny.
Apr 7, 2015 9:55 AM

Nov 2013
ichii_1 said:
The real issue is, why are women so c*ck hungry?
They will betray anyone if another guy with a decent c* ck comes along just to taste it :(
This is why society is crumbling.

Don't knock what you haven't tried ;-)
Lmao
Apr 7, 2015 11:55 AM

Nov 2014
I'm joining late in this "almost" finished discussion, but I still want to post in.

It's sad that only few discussed seriously, what's even more sadder is what a poster said about their voice actresses and the demand for them to be pure to please the fans or the studio directors or whatever it is, disgusting, really disgusting. I always saw the Japanese in a weird, and, while I do like their history, their culture is really fucked up.

On the other hand, back to topic, I'd like to see this more often in this medium, because it's quite normal for girls to have sex with a couple of guys, heck even dozen of guys. It's alright, as long as it fits with the theme of the show and how serious or unserious the show is and who are the target demographic.
Sex is nothing bad and don't see the reason for people to call girls sluts. Actually, having sex is quite healthy for both men and women because it releases brain endorphins, which improve your mood, it improves the blood flow(for women only I think), it improves your immune system, lowers blood pressure, lowers the heart attack risk because it keep your testosterone and estrogen levels in balance, is a stress reliever and etc.
So, having sex couple of times in a week or two is fine.
Apr 7, 2015 11:58 AM

Apr 2014
lol, no.
Apr 7, 2015 12:00 PM

Jun 2014
HandsomeMan said:
It's fantasy, man. And a perfect fantasy for most guys is having a pure girl for whom you would be the first and only love. I don't see what's so hard to understand; it's the most popular romantic ideal. Of course, it's not realistic however.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Apr 7, 2015 12:02 PM

Oct 2008
I propose that any female who no longer is a virgin should be automatically killed or thrown into prison,that way everyone will be happy.Middle Ages representing for life!
Apr 7, 2015 12:03 PM
Apr 2014
amateur said:
I propose that any female who no longer is a virgin should be automatically killed thrown into prison,that way everyone will be happy.Middle Ages representing for life!
Great, now I'm picturing people in the Middle Ages to be fat weeaboo fucks.
Apr 7, 2015 12:06 PM

Oct 2012
Why would you necro this thead? Smh.
Apr 7, 2015 12:07 PM

Jun 2011
Gholy said:
amateur said:
I propose that any female who no longer is a virgin should be automatically killed thrown into prison,that way everyone will be happy.Middle Ages representing for life!
pretty sure that wasnt common in the middle ages <.< only if you cheated on your husband or something like that, usually you would just seem "ruined" and would find it harder to find a decent or well-off husband

Feb 2014
I don't really care about it because I personally have a bit of a distate for those anime settings of "a bunch of PURE MAIDENS OF PURENESS are kept in a secluded area of the world away from all those NASTY NASTY MEN until one day..." because I find it definitely unrealistic.

So if the girl does that, okay, nothing wrong with enjoying yourself. I won't instantly hate the character. So long as she isn't sleeping with a new guy every few days, I don't find that very desireable imo. I have the same view for guys.

Apr 2012
oh god the title of this thread gave me aids

Apr 7, 2015 12:08 PM
Mar 2011
Hoppy said:
They rage against the anime and the creators, which means merchandise and BD/DVD sales sales will go down or cease entirely. Remember what happened with Kannagi.

I just think the "purity" concept should be phased out.

in real life not in anime imo
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Apr 7, 2015 12:13 PM

Nov 2012
Feaor said:
Apr 7, 2015 12:19 PM

Nov 2013
oktavia-12 said:
I don't really care about it because I personally have a bit of a distate for those anime settings of "a bunch of PURE MAIDENS OF PURENESS are kept in a secluded area of the world away from all those NASTY NASTY MEN until one day..." because I find it definitely unrealistic.

But isn't the whole point of fantasy escapism and not realism?

SuperRed said:
Feaor said:

How is 2 months necroing? People necro 5 year threads here.
And to answer your question it's because I find the thread interesting.
Apr 7, 2015 12:25 PM

Oct 2012
HandsomeMan said:
How is 2 months necroing? People necro 5 year threads here.
And to answer your question it's because I find the thread interesting.
You do realize its a troll thread from a well known troll, right?
Apr 7, 2015 12:31 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Go watch hentai, OP. Most characters that are 'waifu' material tend to be young (highschool girl age usually), so that they don't go around makes sense.

Anyway, you answered yourself:
I mean, okay, not every girl has to like such things
Apr 7, 2015 12:32 PM

Nov 2009
Might get a bit of hate for this, but I think that "lots of sex with different guys" and "healthy sex" are mutually exclusive. Why? Well this goes for men too, but having tons of partners increases the risk of STD's / Pregnancy. No method of contraception is "perfect", hence there is always some level of risk. So I Wouldn't call it "healthy sex" to go out and do a different person each day unless you have a shitload of money for morning after pills, and get a test result of your partners showing they are clean for each and every partner. Otherwise there is some risk which might be small . . . But repeat that scenario a few dozen times and the chances aren't so small anymore).

Having said that I wouldn't mind having heroines who weren't "pure" but I prefer what many manga/anime do, where it never becomes an issue. I feel like doing the opposite of having a "pure" girl would be just as unrealistic and awkward (maybe a tad bit more realistic, I did see a girl at a party once bragging about how many guys shes bonked, and seen plenty of guys do it as well), but on average you don't get someone telling everyone who is anyone irl how many people you have slept with the moment you meet. So bring it up in anime would be kind of random. And just slipping in that the heroine (or even hero) of a story just randomly sleeps around here and there is too random imo, and detracts from the plot.

To answer your question though, I do believe that if the heroines in anime / manga were, on average, more promiscuous, then the standard Otaku image would fade away, although I'm sure there would be a replacement for what we refer to as an "Otaku".
Apr 7, 2015 12:35 PM

Mar 2015
did everybody already forgot about aya hirano scandal?
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Apr 7, 2015 2:40 PM

Sep 2011
Eh, I don't mind if the girl has sex in a stable relationship with a guy. Now if she's going around fucking everything that walks like a female version of the MC of School Days then no.
Apr 7, 2015 3:07 PM

Aug 2013
Fullmetal89 said:
Eh, I don't mind if the girl has sex in a stable relationship with a guy. Now if she's going around fucking everything that walks like a female version of the MC of School Days then no.

I'm down for a female version of School Days!
PoeticJustice said:
nigga i am black, do you think my ass would fit in? "Oh look it is negro kun." Hell no.
Apr 7, 2015 3:15 PM

Dec 2012
Nothing wrong with seeing less of the old, beaten "Yamato Nadeshiko" waifu-fodder horse in favor of a less common type of character. For that matter, I wouldn't mind seeing more characters and love interests who have actually been through completely normal, healthy relationships before that just didn't work out because of equally normal reasons...

Now, that being said, I am far more forgiving of the "most girls are pure maidens" worlds than the opposite side of the spectrum, with characters constantly breaking up and crawling into each other's pants left and right without any rhyme or reason. Seriously, have any of you people seen the Marvel comic book universe since the early 2000s? I'm pretty sure that a single STD on Logan's moldy penis could easily wipe out every member of the X-Men, including any possible parallel versions of them, within a couple of issues... Granted, that's also due to the fact that the Marvel Universe is shared, and every writer keeps trying to push their personal, favorite ships but, still, it makes the point.
Apr 7, 2015 3:41 PM

Feb 2015
"healthy sex with lots of different guys."

not sure if op is serious.
Best Couple of All Time

Kamille x Four (Zeta Gundam)
Apr 7, 2015 3:44 PM

Sep 2014
Malicre said:
"healthy sex with lots of different guys."

not sure if op is serious.

Fullmetal89 said:

kinda this

also in most romance anime characters are like 16-18 so it's nothing strange for them to be virgins, quite the other way around
Apr 7, 2015 10:58 PM

Jul 2013
shit thread is shit, but good for a few laughs
Just an anime fan, doing what an anime fan does
Apr 7, 2015 10:59 PM

Jan 2015
Gholy said:
amateur said:
lol
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Apr 8, 2015 4:27 AM

May 2013
Let me ask a question - Would you prefer a drink, or a drink that someone has stuck their penis in?

I rest my case.
Apr 8, 2015 5:57 AM

Sep 2011
Dark_Chaos said:
Let me ask a question - Would you prefer a drink, or a drink that someone has stuck their penis in?

I rest my case.

Wha....lol
Apr 8, 2015 5:58 AM

Nov 2013
Dark_Chaos said:

I rest my case.

Well that second option does add extra flavor...
Apr 8, 2015 5:59 AM

Dec 2013
I wish anime was more like epic shows like The Big Bang Theory
Apr 8, 2015 3:29 PM

Sep 2011
Touko_Kuchiki said:

For the sake of my sanity and faith in humanity; I'm going to assume that was sarcasm.
Apr 8, 2015 3:37 PM

Feb 2014
Dark_Chaos said:

I rest my case.
That nice, exquisite dick flavor that savors my palette.

Enough to make me just

Apr 8, 2015 3:42 PM

May 2014
Look anime is mostly directed at otaku guys.......to like be their fantasy world and stuff. And none of those guys likes the idea of their fantasy girlfriend or favorite female character having sex with a bunch of different dudes. It not as much about being accepting of a normal girl who likes sex, but more of producers trying to make likable characters that fulfill otaku fantasies. Most guys don't like the idea of their girl being banged by a bunch of different dudes.

Just look at how school days ended. I know he's guy, which is even more normal if he likes sex, but same idea.
Apr 9, 2015 2:09 AM

Jan 2013
Zeally said:
oh god the title of this thread gave me aids

Well at least you're alive.
Look at dem poor otakus.

Touko_Kuchiki said:

I think a lot of people died at this comment.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Apr 9, 2015 2:15 AM

Mar 2013
This can apply to men to. Just saying. The idea of your first time with your true love is a very appealing idea in most cinemas. It's romanticism. Very little has to do with gender from what I can see. A lot of the visual novels I played revolve around this ideal of premarital sex with your true love and losing both your virginity at the same time.
Apr 9, 2015 2:19 AM

Mar 2013
Dark_Chaos said:

I rest my case.

Not sure if this is meant to say why guys prefer virgins or just guy being sexist.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others? ( 1 2 )

WatchTillTandava - Yesterday

58 by maya2003s »»
9 seconds ago

» What anime brought you to watch more anime? :)

Rinrinka - Yesterday

31 by Reecey91 »»
11 seconds ago

» What if all characters, not just main, had infinite mana?

Catalano - 56 seconds ago

0 by Catalano »»
56 seconds ago

» Would you rather watch Anime blind or deaf?

Dragevard - 6 hours ago

15 by Largo_ »»
2 minutes ago

» Anime that you started watching because of Social Media

ST63LTH - 52 minutes ago

10 by RobertBobert »»
3 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.