Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Parasyte
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Jan 19, 2015 5:05 PM

Jul 2014
i liked how reality, to be exact, etology sneaked into this episode by a uni lecture scene. :) but for me, this ep was also too quick, a lots happened. i prefer slower plot (just like starter episodes about 1st-5th).
Jan 19, 2015 9:46 PM

Oct 2013
Definitely ready for the next episode ^^ I thought it was interesting to see how Tamura is changing as well.
Jan 20, 2015 5:38 AM
Dec 2012
Good episode, the build up is good but I'm unsure where its heading. I have a feeling the next episode will be a lot better though because "Something Wicked This Way Comes"

What I got from that episode is that the relationship between Ryouko and her child will have a bigger part to play in determining their coexistence with humans. Shinichi and Migi's relationship though has somewhat switched roles.

He got really angry at Ryouko using the baby as a shield and the fact that she may plan on harming it. This shows that he's still on the human side but then why does he refer to his own species in third person?

Not a fan of the fortuneteller ending though. He killed that person... so now what?
Jan 22, 2015 1:49 PM

Jul 2009
this dude goin crazy
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Jan 23, 2015 12:23 AM

Feb 2014
damn that ending, oi Shinichi the character change is real! O_o Now he can' t even calm down

"For the sake of humankind, I forsake my humanity." - Cherry
Jan 23, 2015 12:25 AM

Feb 2014
Jose07 said:
in the op song, the girl that is looking at the moon and then a face to the right of hers appear and then turns into an older woman, is that shinichi's mother?

by if she was, she looked nice when she was younger, animated wise.

nah, it's prob Kana, then transitions to Shinichi's mom. Both were murdered so that might be why they are both included in that one opening scene

"For the sake of humankind, I forsake my humanity." - Cherry
Jan 24, 2015 5:31 AM

Oct 2008
oh no! Shinichi is REALLY losing his humanity!
matias067Jan 24, 2015 6:32 AM

Jan 24, 2015 8:20 AM

Oct 2008
Zemroid said:
Orsonius said:

how can you not remember this?

His mother was killed by a parasyte, taken over by that parasyte and then was killed by Shinichi. How can you not know this? did you even watch the anime?

Also she can't close the heart, that was a fortune teller, she just said things she tells everyone, in the case of shinichi he actually had a real hole in his heart and the person responsible for this is already dead.

If you don't get it it is not because the episode was lame, but because you are not clever enough. Maybe you shouldn't watch shitty anime like Akame ga Kill and try to activate some of your braincells instead.
Woah woah, maybe you should activate some of your braincells. He might have forgotten that obvious fact but at least he isn't bashing other animes here like a dumbass trying to be so cool.

Mirianime less of a weeaboo.
Orsonius more of a weeaboo.
Zemroid you're an arbiter.
cheers~
matias067Jan 26, 2015 7:40 AM

Jan 24, 2015 4:40 PM

Jun 2013
"Out of the way, humans!" Powerful scene.

Shinichi, Tamura, even Migi are undergoing some serious development. I'm loving it.
Jan 24, 2015 10:05 PM

Feb 2013
You'd think Tamiya would learn how to carry a baby to not draw attention to herself.
Jan 25, 2015 8:56 AM

May 2010
"Out of my way humans" - LOL

Glad to see Uda again. Joe or Jaw mimicking Migi was funny. XD

The lecture was intriguing btw.
Jan 25, 2015 9:39 AM

Jul 2012
I like how Migi is acting more reasonably and in favour of being more agreeable with Shinichi. Will watch the next episode now~ :D
Jan 28, 2015 5:34 AM

Jul 2008
Laughing Ryouko is creepy, I prefer the calm her :D Shinichi look like he is gonna lose it.
Jan 31, 2015 2:56 AM

May 2013
It was nice to see Migi saying all that stuff about Shinichi, but is it really what Migi actually feels?

Lol the way Ryouko was holding the baby as she was walking out of the lecture.
Jan 31, 2015 2:19 PM

Jun 2010
Good one.

I really hope shinichi will save the baby. Makes me mad how he's being treated.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 3, 2015 9:35 PM

Mar 2014
Another thing that's bothering me is during the lecture where the professor talks about infanticide. I get what infanticide is but his trail of words threw me off.

> Talks about the "selfish gene" - body itself is merely a DNA puppet
> Species doesn't matter, only itself
> AND the offspring that inherits the DNA

I get what he meant but doesn't that go AGAINST what infanticide is (if the inheriting offspring DOES matter then you're not going to kill it)? Or did he stop talking about infanticide when he was explaining the selfish gene? I mean, what was the point of the talk about infanticide anyway?
Feb 11, 2015 11:12 PM

Jul 2012
Poor baby. Seems like the parasytes are evolving to gain human emotions. Migi shows sympathy towards Shinichi when he scolded the investigator and the woman learned how to laugh. The parasytes aren't gonna like it when they find out they're gaining emotions lol
Feb 21, 2015 5:29 PM
Jun 2013
"move humans" wooow we're almost at the point of no return.
Mar 3, 2015 1:50 AM

Sep 2014
Brilliant episode just like always. The abilities these Parasyte have are so insanely over powered. It's a wonder that they can actually merge with humans and other living beings and defy the laws of physics. I really hope they give more background on the Parasyte and how it came to be in the coming episodes. I'm honestly intrigued with them.
The topic of altruism that the lecturer was talking about was very interesting. I have thought about it a lot in the past. I like the philosophical perspective of that lecture and how Reiko is gathering knowledge from it to better understand the human race and life on Earth in general. There seems to be a philosophical undertone present through out the show.
Glad the private investigator made it out alive. I felt bad for him in the previous episode. I'm truly in love with this show! Also the soundtrack is absolutely epic!
Platinum-PalaceMar 3, 2015 1:57 AM
The afternoon has gently passed me by
The evening spreads its sail against the sky
Waiting for tomorrow
Just another day
God bid yesterday goodbye...
Mar 9, 2015 10:34 AM

Jun 2009
Alrighty, Shinichi is, uh, going insane. Nice.
Mar 12, 2015 4:52 AM
Jul 2018
I dont think that the mangaka knows that holding a baby that young like that will kill him.

animeguy17 said:
"move humans" wooow we're almost at the point of no return.
Mar 21, 2015 5:39 PM

Oct 2013
"I killed that person" damm that sent chill up my spine
that's one way to hold a baby O_O
this was a intense episode
seems like the parasytes are gaining human emotions
[/quote]
Mar 22, 2015 1:37 PM
Jun 2012
After all that shit he's been through, is it really that strange that he's changed? Any normal human being would change in one way or another if they were in his shoes...
Mar 25, 2015 7:53 AM

Feb 2014
Spiraling down.

Tamura's laugh is just manic, anc Shinichi's anger is waaay out of control.

The fortune teller scene with Shinichi laughing was kinda haunting too. He's becoming less and less like himself.
Mar 29, 2015 8:27 PM

Aug 2007
selgalad said:
Is the name of the next episode a reference to the work of Ray Bradbury I wonder?

Richard Dawkins, I think. At least he coined the term 'selfish gene' and the lecture the teacher gave was essentially lifted from Dawkins.
Apr 3, 2015 11:54 AM

May 2012
Oh boy that ending! This show is getting really good! Can't wait to see what's next!
Apr 18, 2015 4:29 AM
May 2012
Nope, it was Uda who killed her. Dafuq, Shinichi =_=
Yeah, the lecture was interesting. That's how I want my lessons.
Apr 20, 2015 3:31 PM

Mar 2012
Dat ending tho.
Apr 21, 2015 3:16 PM

Aug 2013
Way to go, I'm so proud of Migi! ♥ He just scored off that annoying guy. :)
Apr 26, 2015 3:35 AM
Nov 2013
Haha I love Uda so much! It seems that Migi is becoming more and more human?

"Out of the way, humans!" BWAAHAHAH laughed so hard at this.

And come'on Shinichi, we all know you aren't the one who did the actually killing, don't be so full of yourself XD
RavenWishApr 26, 2015 3:51 AM
May 17, 2015 3:27 AM

Apr 2015
I laughed so much when Migi changed into that inspector's face ^^
Oh god Shinichi getting evil, this episode was one of the best
Bruh check out my soundcloud
https://soundcloud.com/wal-skynner

" Becoming an adult means hating milk chocolate and loving brocolis. "

~ Wal Skynner
May 26, 2015 10:09 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Really greate ep.
I hope she dies next ep. using a baby as a shield

May 29, 2015 12:49 PM

Apr 2015
Awesome episode. Shinichi's definitely changing. "Out of the way, humans!" Brilliant XD
Jul 6, 2015 6:44 AM

Jan 2013
Highlight of the episode:
"Who holds their baby like that?"
Jul 10, 2015 10:43 PM

Jul 2013
I don't know why but watching Migi and Joe talk to each other is just.. cute lol!

wtf is happening to Shinichi?
Aug 21, 2015 5:24 PM
Sep 2014
Nice ending. "I killed that person".
Sep 4, 2015 9:28 PM

Sep 2014
selgalad said:
Is the name of the next episode a reference to the work of Ray Bradbury I wonder?

The quote is originally from the Shakespeare play Macbeth.
Sep 22, 2015 10:23 PM
Nov 2013
It's interesting to see that the body is your DNA's puppet is shared by another outlet other than my mind. Having awareness of things like these is what creates a more intellectual species.
Dec 6, 2015 8:27 PM

Apr 2013
This is such a great show. I just can't keep watching it or else I won't do well on my finals.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Jan 31, 2016 5:19 AM

Aug 2014
The lecture on the Selfish Gene was really interesting .
Good episode .
Feb 1, 2016 6:03 AM

Jan 2016
parasyte LOVE!
Ningen Bakamono!

Apr 10, 2016 1:52 PM

Sep 2012
Will Shinichi turn bad? I can't wait to watch more to find out.
Apr 22, 2016 12:10 AM

Aug 2012
What's with the baby.. it's so creepy when his face turns red and he starts to cry
and that Reiko bitch I hope she get killed in the most horrible ways *damn that was dark*

I likes Uda's parasyte he has a pretty funny personality xD ,I felt relieved that the detective knows everything now and he's with Shinichi side (kinda of) but I'm afraid that Reiko will get rid of him now ;-;
Jun 2, 2016 11:31 PM

Dec 2012
Jesus. Reiko is trying to keep her human cover, but doesn't realize holding a baby like the way she did will do that.

"Out of the way humans."- Shinichi

WTF!

Still recovering from Kana, btw.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jun 22, 2016 3:15 PM

Mar 2015
Reiko will get what she deserves I guess!

"I learned so much from the people that never existed"
Oct 1, 2016 5:15 PM
Jul 2018
Amazing episode, no news there.
Uda's back, yay.
God damn, every episode seems like Shinichi can't get any colder but it always surprises me.
Waiting for the damn episode Shinichi murders that Tamura, dang

Next episode already!
Oct 24, 2016 10:33 PM

Jan 2016
Ah, I have so many thoughts I'd like to let out and discuss...partially let out for my own reference.

This is quickly becoming one of my favorite series. At first, it had received a low rating from me because of its similarity to Tokyo Ghoul and the initial asinine design of the parasites. However, this series has raised so many philosophical questions and moral dilemmas.

I've always felt bad about the fact that we consume livestock without a second of thought and we do not consider them as equal because we are the "dominant species". Then, simultaneously, we treat each other as if we are all innocent and worthy of love, despite the fact that we are monsters. We are as much of monsters as any animal though, as we all just adapt to our surroundings. That really raises the point that parasites are not monsters, but simply a species trying to survive that has not evolved most of the social conventions we are used to--because they can collaborate and focus on objectives without that being a necessary component. So really, are we all not monsters for just trying to survive?

Also, it makes me wonder whether altruism was an evolved trait simply because it could consequently arrive to personal benefit in an indirect or long-term sort of way. People seem to want to lend a helping hand whether it verifies their own sense of humanity, or labels them as a reliable altruistic source that is worthy of compensation. However, this usually only is the case if one or both factors are present:
(1) Their identity is linked to their deed (so they can later be compensated)
(2) It does not cause even the slightest of inconveniences in their every day lives.
I have come to this conclusion in studying my...more candid friends, and several charitable events in analyzing peoples' behavior. This analysis can also be replicated in several psychological experiments.

This episode was wonderful because the professor went into long, uninterrupted depth on the subject matter. Reiko's curiosity in the subject could simply be for the sole purpose of discovering how to coexist with or manipulate humans. But is human curiosity not the same, in most cases? Or was curiosity simply evolved because those who were curious tended to be more likely to survive in their environments? In that case, both seem equally plausible and non-exclusive.

One other thing I really liked about this episode was how you could simultaneously see Shinichi and Migi arriving at a central point in personalities. Migi is adopting human empathy in a subtle way, and Shinichi is adopting parasitic selfishness and logic. However, Shinichi holds fast to an ideology that humanity is worth protecting, but cannot defend his arguments when confronted with a parasite's rebuttal. Could this not be because believing that humans are divine is simply an emotional response invoked by fear?

Sorry, if you've managed to read this entire thing, I commend you. I feel like I should have written this for a college essay. I let my mind wander too much. Let me know your thoughts if you have any follow-ups.

Oct 28, 2016 8:24 PM

Sep 2013
Shinichi is headed for a total freak-out!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Dec 1, 2016 6:27 AM

Sep 2015
Good thing they didn't kill the Private Investigator and yay Uda returned instead of being that char we never see again. Tamiya is handling the baby wrong once more, she should hold the baby right to avoid attention. She's learned to laugh tho :0

Shin is so dangerously out of control in the end, he can easily reveal his secret now...
Dec 22, 2016 1:31 PM

Jun 2013
Well, at least Uda is back, and Tamiya is still very creepy.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

» What is better? Manga or Anime?

treverse - May 13

17 by TrixCrispier »»
May 17, 2:31 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2014

638 by CELEXIA_ »»
May 11, 3:40 AM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2015

381 by yarwe »»
May 3, 1:21 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Mar 25, 2015

656 by crousu »»
May 1, 4:05 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2015

377 by yarwe »»
May 1, 3:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.