Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 11, 2015 7:49 PM

Aug 2013
Jan 11, 2015 11:26 PM

Jan 2015
There's nothing really to it.
Anime is the prime example of why 2 nukes weren't enough.
Jan 11, 2015 11:28 PM

Oct 2013
The guy should've used double condoms then wrapped it in electric tape just to be sure.
Jan 11, 2015 11:30 PM

May 2014
I think it's disgusting tbh, and this is coming from someone who's a 15 year old boy.
Click my sig
Jan 11, 2015 11:31 PM

Mar 2014
I'd condemn them, but I'd be in their shoes if I were to have been a bit more popular in school
Jan 11, 2015 11:38 PM

Sep 2013
I highly doubt most teenagers are prepared to handle raising children. They're still being raised themselves. Taking care of another person is a huge responsibility, definitely nothing to take lightly. So if you can't wrap it, don't tap it.
Jan 12, 2015 12:03 AM

Aug 2014
You reap what you sow
Jan 12, 2015 12:07 AM

May 2010
While I don't support it, ''accidents'' always happen. In this case you have options to prevent it, you didn't, now face it.
And this is where the future child comes in and changes the person one way or the other. The baby gives the teenager a chance to act responsible, selfless and actually turn into a mature person as the time goes by. (but of course one can learn this in many other ways, but in this case you have to work with what you got)

And I certainly disagree with ruining your life. Whilst it does minimize your time and studying capabilities through high school or freshman year, it's never too late to study and enjoy life.
Jan 12, 2015 12:09 AM

Jun 2014
Speaking on personal terms, I have known several teenage parents. Some are good parents while others I questioned their parenting skills. In a general sense, I feel that the vast majority of teenagers aren't ready for it yet. From what I can see, raising a child takes a great deal of maturity among other things, and many people can't handle that right.
Jan 12, 2015 12:31 AM

May 2014
lightskynight said:
Nanet said:

And abstinence is of no charge.

Which seems to be difficult in today's society.
Actually it's pretty easy. Taking care of kids is the worst kind of hell I can think of and I want no part in it. Fuck that.
Click my sig
Jan 12, 2015 12:47 AM

Nov 2013
It's their own decision if they keep the child as long as they raise it with care and give the child everything it needs and have the family and the father of the child supporting them, why not ?

Just because someone is too young, in the age of teens doesn't mean the person wouldn't be able to be a good parent in an early age.
Why so prejudice. I know many girls who got pregnant in around their 16s-18s and even though they went through hell because it was tough they are still happy for keeping the child.

Jan 12, 2015 1:03 AM

Feb 2014
I've seen tons of teen parents at my school and it is the worst. A once normal girl is now looking like someone who worked the 9-5 shift her whole life. I mean deep ass bags under her eyes from all the late nights and shit, her grades start dropping and she skips classes to care for the baby, it just gets really bad. I really feel bad for them but on the same hand I have a "You brought this on yourself now live with it" kind of feeling.

Jan 12, 2015 5:58 AM

Jan 2014
Nanet said:
Tsk tsk tsk, young kids and their uncontrollable sexual desires these days.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jan 12, 2015 11:21 AM

Jan 2015
This is quite controversial. Teenage pregnancy, in my opinion, is an issue which should be solved because it can ruin many lives. Teenagers are usually immature. Here where I live some people call it the "wardrobe age". They start to experience new sensations, shape their personality, their likes, their dislikes and due to so many changes they become unstable. This can be noticeable or not. Of course there are teenagers who know how to control themselves and are careful not to show this or do things that will damage their lives significantly. However, there are those who have no support and fail to do so which results in drugs addiction, alcohol addiction or "unsafe relationships" which leads to pregnancy in an early age / "wardrobe age". This forces them to grow up quickly which can be quite stressful and basically "kills" their teenage-hood: forget the parties, the "hangin'out til' 7 am" because then they have responsabilities.
I think that teenagers should be more controlled by their parents so this doesn't happen.
Jan 12, 2015 11:38 AM

Mar 2014
They all wanna participate in Sixteen and pregnant
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jan 12, 2015 11:42 AM

May 2014
Shit happens
I've been here way too long...
Jan 12, 2015 11:43 AM

Jul 2013
I heard that it was actually declining. I think it was like 2x worst during the 90s or something like that.

Maybe they depend too much on the pull out method.
Jan 12, 2015 11:44 AM

Jan 2015
TheConquerer said:
Shit happens

Literally. When you were born!
Jan 12, 2015 11:50 AM

Aug 2013
Comic_Sans said:

I hate that show so much. Everyone on it acts like fucking morons.
Jan 12, 2015 11:52 AM

Jul 2014
Spooks_McBones said:
Comic_Sans said:

That and Teen Mom. My sister used to watch those shows.
Jan 12, 2015 11:55 AM

Jan 2015
Spooks_McBones said:
Comic_Sans said:

Then quit watching it.
Jan 12, 2015 11:57 AM

Aug 2013
TFO1013 said:
Spooks_McBones said:

That and Teen Mom. My sister used to watch those shows.

and Bridezilla's ugh so many childish people running around pretending to be adults.
Jan 12, 2015 12:18 PM

Nov 2013
They fucked up.

I can see you

Jan 12, 2015 1:09 PM

Oct 2013
I find it silly for a teenage girl to get pregnant as they are too young
Jan 12, 2015 1:53 PM

Sep 2014
we need better sex education at a younger age
Jan 12, 2015 1:54 PM

May 2014
AndThatsThat said:
TheConquerer said:
Shit happens

Literally. When you were born!

And thats that
I've been here way too long...
Jan 12, 2015 1:56 PM

Jun 2014
Teenagers that have unprotected sex are idiots, plain and simple.

Jan 12, 2015 1:59 PM
Apr 2012
bodyelectric said:

with practice comes perfection
Jan 12, 2015 2:08 PM

May 2014
You know what they should do to solve teen pregnancy problems?

Just have all kids in 5th grade watch an hour long documentary of all the consequences and responsibilities of having a kid. That 16Pregnant show is bull and actually promotes the idea of teens having kids because it always ends with them being happy in the end, but there's nothing to be happy about having a kid when you're my age and haven't even lived out your childhood or even tasted an iota of what the adult version of the real world is about.
Click my sig
Jan 12, 2015 2:11 PM

May 2014
R3C said:
bodyelectric said:

with practice comes perfection
I'm not sure better sex education for kids would decrease the rate of teen pregnancy, lol, let alone at a younger age. They aren't mature enough to understand if they are in a grade lower than 2nd Grade.
Click my sig
Jan 12, 2015 2:11 PM

Sep 2012
They don't need your disapproval. They need education.

Deliberately being an asshole to people won't solve any problems.
Jan 12, 2015 2:59 PM

Jan 2011
I'm pregnant.
Jan 12, 2015 3:36 PM

Apr 2012
beavis2323 said:
what do you think of this?

i think its weird but it wont stop

i asked this cause theres this one chick at school whos pregnant and i think its dumb
This happens because of lack of sexual education which leads to less usage of contraceptives.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Jan 12, 2015 3:47 PM

May 2014
Red_Keys said:
They don't need your disapproval. They need education.

Deliberately being an asshole to people won't solve any problems.
I don't know if this comment is directed towards me or not, but no one's being an asshole to anyone dear. I'm just speaking from experience.

I've worked with a lot of kids as my Mom and her husband (my step Dad, to be more specific, though I don't acknowledge him as such) work in that field (my Mom's an elementary school teacher and her husband has worked with children in daycares all his life), and I personally don't think they're mature enough.

Teaching them when they're that young will simply cause more problems. It's best if they just continue to educate them about matters concerning this around 5th grade. Any younger than that and it'll cause more problems than it'll solve.

Again, I'm not intentionally acting like an ass, I'm just blunt. That's just how I roll.
Click my sig
Jan 12, 2015 3:50 PM

Apr 2012
-Taiyou said:
and I personally don't think they're mature enough.
Nobody cares what you personally believe to be "mature enough".
Teaching them when they're that young will simply cause more problems.
Yes, less unwanted pregnancies are a bad idea.
It's best if they just continue to educate them about matters concerning this around 5th grade. Any younger than that and it'll cause more problems than it'll solve.
Like what? You don't know much about intelligence in children right? This is a matter on how precarious their education is, that's the reason they can't "understand".
Again, I'm not intentionally acting like an ass, I'm just blunt. That's just how I roll.
Blunt on being ignorant.

Autocrat said:
Jan 12, 2015 4:01 PM

May 2014
Immahnoob said:
snip
After thinking on this post (a few minutes isn't that long, I know, but) I think I understand where you're coming from. Teaching them before puberty (like before before) would be a good idea; I understand where you're coming from (and if I'm not, then please explain).

Or they could just teach them sex education through textbooks (though I'm a little uncertain about that), but still, you have a good point, as always.
Click my sig
Jan 12, 2015 4:46 PM

Jun 2014
-Taiyou said:
I'm not sure better sex education for kids would decrease the rate of teen pregnancy, lol, let alone at a younger age. They aren't mature enough to understand if they are in a grade lower than 2nd Grade.

Comprehensive sex education leads to lower teen pregnancies.
http://www.columbia.edu/cu/psychology/courses/3615/Readings/Kohler_2008.pdf
Jan 12, 2015 5:22 PM

May 2014
dream_eater1012 said:
-Taiyou said:

Comprehensive sex education leads to lower teen pregnancies.
http://www.columbia.edu/cu/psychology/courses/3615/Readings/Kohler_2008.pdf
-Taiyou said:
Immahnoob said:
snip
After thinking on this post (a few minutes isn't that long, I know, but) I think I understand where you're coming from. Teaching them before puberty (like before before) would be a good idea; I understand where you're coming from (and if I'm not, then please explain).

Or they could just teach them sex education through textbooks (though I'm a little uncertain about that), but still, you have a good point, as always.
Click my sig
Jan 12, 2015 5:27 PM

Jun 2008
Look at the good side. It's cool having a young sexy parent, lol.
Jan 15, 2015 4:40 PM

Oct 2012
Monad said:

yeah but is it worth it
RRRRRRRRRR
Jan 15, 2015 5:07 PM
Dec 2013
Teenagers who get pregnant after carelessly having sex during high school without protection shouldn't go crying like it's the end of the world, they need to take responsibility. You reap what you sow. But unfortunately abortion is now the norm, so they get a short cut. Now teenagers can have sex and throw away the unneeded "trash" when things go bad.

deactivated30325Jan 15, 2015 6:01 PM
Jan 15, 2015 5:34 PM

Dec 2014
I can't knock teenage pregnancy for one very good reason: If it weren't for a teenage pregnancy I wouldn't exist!
Jan 15, 2015 5:48 PM

Mar 2012
NarTaco said:
Teenagers who get pregnant after carelessly having sex during high school without protection shouldn't go crying like it's the end of the world, they need to take responsibility. You reap what you sow. But unfortunately abortion is now the norm, so they get a short cut. Now teenagers can have sex and throw away the unneeded "trash" when things go bad.

Like that's going to help them learn their lessons.
I'm pretty sure that most people don't take abortion that lightly. Granted, it's "easier" than the alternative, but it's still a nontrivial decision and an invasive procedure.

Also, I find it disturbing that you put "learning a lesson" before the lives of the potential parents and potential child.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jan 15, 2015 5:55 PM

May 2013
Monad said:

You're also the cause of your parent not finishing school.
Jan 15, 2015 6:00 PM
Dec 2013
ImmahJosh said:
NarTaco said:

Like that's going to help them learn their lessons.
I'm pretty sure that most people don't take abortion that lightly. Granted, it's "easier" than the alternative, but it's still a nontrivial decision and an invasive procedure.

Also, I find it disturbing that you put "learning a lesson" before the lives of the potential parents and potential child.

Reading my comment again I've realized I've worded it wrongly. What I meant is that the option of abortion is allowing teenagers to act more recklessly and be less cautious with sex. Because now they have a possible plan b, even if of course having an abortion is easier said than done. A teenager who doesn't want to raise a baby even though they didn't act responsibly now has the option to not take care of that baby. I'm against abortion and I don't see unwanted babies as objects meant to teach a lesson. I believe It's up to the teenager to raise the child, not like a mistake but an actual human being.
deactivated30325Jan 15, 2015 6:05 PM
Jan 15, 2015 6:08 PM

Apr 2012
What I meant is that the option of abortion is allowing teenagers to act more recklessly and be less cautious with sex.
What. Do you know how traumatic abortion is? No, it's not that that makes them reckless, it's ignorance about sexual education.
I'm against abortion

Autocrat said:
Jan 15, 2015 6:13 PM
Dec 2013
Immahnoob said:
What I meant is that the option of abortion is allowing teenagers to act more recklessly and be less cautious with sex.
What. Do you know how traumatic abortion is? No, it's not that that makes them reckless, it's ignorance about sexual education.
I'm against abortion

Yes, I'm aware of that. But the trauma doesn't happen until after the abortion is done. That's one of the reasons why I'm so against it. Many girls are ignorant and don't realize their mistake until it's done.

And I never denied that girls are ignorant about sexual education. They need to be well informed on sexual education and taught about the negative effects of abortion.

And you are for abortion? Good for you, I don't care,
deactivated30325Jan 15, 2015 6:17 PM
Jan 15, 2015 6:21 PM

Apr 2012
You're correlating lack of sexual education with your agenda against abortion. Yes, if they would be sexually educated, they wouldn't get pregnant in the first place and then they wouldn't get abortions, the problem here is that you're saying that they don't care if they get pregnant because there is abortion, which is a retarded correlation and doesn't prove abortion wrong.

Also, ignorance is not an opinion, you're still wrong.

Autocrat said:
Jan 15, 2015 6:55 PM
Dec 2013
Immahnoob said:
You're correlating lack of sexual education with your agenda against abortion. Yes, if they would be sexually educated, they wouldn't get pregnant in the first place and then they wouldn't get abortions, the problem here is that you're saying that they don't care if they get pregnant because there is abortion, which is a retarded correlation and doesn't prove abortion wrong.

Also, ignorance is not an opinion, you're still wrong.

I never said that girls don't care about getting pregnant because abortion is an option. In my first comment I specifically said that it's annoying when irresponsible girls get emotional after discovering they're pregnant. I'm aware that no girl is going to be calm when having to accept the fact they hold a someone inside of them, even if abortion was on their to do list. I agree with you that if a girl was more sexually educated an abortion wouldn't be needed in the first place but many girls are reckless. I just believe that the option of abortion will give uneducated girls ideas that they will ultimately end up regretting. Giving someone the idea that "hey, worst case scenario just dump the baby and it's over" can also loosen the pressure of having to deal with the consequences. Of course abortion isn't as simple as dumping a baby like that, but I've actually met people with this idea. They had sex, originally believed abortion would solve everything, and ended up regretting later on.

And i have other reasons for not liking abortion, the points I made are just the tip of the iceberg.
Jan 15, 2015 7:06 PM

Apr 2012
but many girls are reckless.
I doubt you're talking about a relevant majority here.
I just believe that the option of abortion will give uneducated girls ideas that they will ultimately end up regretting.
Which I already answered with "more sexual education" and "earlier sexual education". Also, are you sure you're not correlating "regret" with "trauma" to push another agenda or is it just me?
And i have other reasons for not liking abortion, the points I made are just the tip of the iceberg.
Just give me the coordinates, I'm an icebreaker after all.

Autocrat said:
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

759 by Largestgwaph »»
6 minutes ago

» Question about how demonic some colours are

LenRea - 5 hours ago

10 by PlasticRobot »»
39 minutes ago

» Have you ever touched and/or kept any foreign currency(ies)?

Kiryotsu - Apr 29

40 by DesuMaiden »»
2 hours ago

» people of mal, do you judge people by their looks, height, and other physical traits? ( 1 2 )

real-truck-Kun - Nov 4, 2023

53 by DesuMaiden »»
2 hours ago

» How long have you been using your accounts on your favorite sites?

RobertBobert - 6 hours ago

5 by DesuMaiden »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.