Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (17) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 8, 2015 9:53 AM
Sep 2013
abystoma2 said:
Ranked #78
Talk about overrated.

people where ranking even before it was shown.
Jan 8, 2015 9:54 AM

Apr 2014
Man that op is bleh. It feels more like an ed than an op.

Overall I liked the ep. I hope they explain why Kaneki joined Aogiri.

Jan 8, 2015 9:55 AM

Nov 2014
hantere said:
abystoma2 said:
Ranked #78
Talk about overrated.

#78 Haha... You can't judge an anime after 1 episode, but to give it instant 10...
Jan 8, 2015 9:55 AM

Mar 2013
So finalliy it is out ! ^^

Gooood beginning in general
Animation was really good
No censor ! yeah

but why we dont have bone lesson :(
I dont know about the Opening though. Isn't it too slow for that anime ? maybe I feel this way after Unravel .Dont know.

So he is joinning Aogiri ? ... Curious about this parallel story .
CrimsonMoon56Jan 8, 2015 10:16 AM
Jan 8, 2015 9:56 AM

Nov 2011
Well, I'm excited to see how this plays out since it's gonna be completely different from the manga. Also I didn't care for the opening, but the ending is great.
Jan 8, 2015 9:57 AM

Aug 2014
Awesome ep. He should have at least took Hinami chaaan though.

Yeah. the OP wasn't to my liking at all.

Xway101 ~By me~
Jan 8, 2015 9:57 AM

Jan 2014
Fullmetal89 said:
Are they fucking serious with the censorship.......what's the point of airing it like this.. Aside from that good episode.

what censorship?

Also, TOUKA DID NOT FUCKIN DESERVE THAT. THAT WAS ACTUALLY SADDER THAN HOW IT HAPPENED IN THE MANGA!
Jan 8, 2015 9:58 AM

Feb 2012
Shit Opening but okay episode. It was pretty much what i expected with the anime original route. INB4 Kaneki dies and doesn't come back at the end.
Jan 8, 2015 10:00 AM

Aug 2008
What happened to half killing Ayato?! Wish they had a better OP. The plot twist seems interesting, he totally became an anti-hero.
Jan 8, 2015 10:01 AM

Dec 2014
the 1st episode was really good!loved it!
Jan 8, 2015 10:01 AM
Sep 2013
KeepDFaith said:
hantere said:

#78 Haha... You can't judge an anime after 1 episode, but to give it instant 10...

I just smh when I saw it rising like crazy.
Jan 8, 2015 10:02 AM

Aug 2013
The OP is good it just doesn't fit in, atleast for now. Overall a nice episode, looking forward to the next.
Jan 8, 2015 10:02 AM

Dec 2013
Pretty decent episode. The OP is fucking boring, but the ED is great. Hopefully, my Ayato gets more screen time. I'm looking forward to the future fights. Hopefully they'll be intense & epic.
Jan 8, 2015 10:04 AM

Aug 2014
Zer01 said:
Pretty decent episode. The OP is fucking boring, but the ED is great. Hopefully, my Ayato gets more screen time. I'm looking forward to the future fights. Hopefully they'll be intense & epic.

Yeah now that I think about it, Ayato will probably get more screen time compared to the manga. Hmmm this'll be interesting.

Xway101 ~By me~
Jan 8, 2015 10:06 AM

Nov 2014
RyuPeter said:
DISAPPOINTED!
Nothing like the manga... where Kaneki broke half of the Ayato bones...
Everyone who read the manga will feel the pain of this episode...

Anyone who read the manga is just happy for the new storyline. I wouldn't want Pierrot to ruin the original storyline anyway, as they did with season 1.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 8, 2015 10:07 AM

Oct 2013
I liked this 1st episode, the OP wasn't as good as the 1st seasons, It seems like Tokyo Ghoul √A wont be following the manga but this is interesting as well as now I don't know what's going to happen
Jan 8, 2015 10:07 AM

Feb 2014
ed sucks, op more sucks, none of them beats unravel, for now

悲しい… 悲しいわ…
今日のこと、「お月さま」にも教えてあげないと。
あなたも… 私 “たち” の中に… 取り込んであげる。
Jan 8, 2015 10:08 AM

Oct 2013
Not sure what to think of the op,but boy am i the happiest fanboy right now.
Jan 8, 2015 10:11 AM

Oct 2013
I don't like the OP.... unravel was MUCHHHHHH better
ED is pretty good though I wish he returned to anteiku
Kaneki's white hair makes him hotter and cooler XD XD XD
Jan 8, 2015 10:11 AM

Mar 2014
Awesome episode even if it isn't following the manga.
"Did you really think I wouldn’t cheat just because I was already winning?" - Dread Emperor Terribilis II

"I chose glory and success. The box did not contain what was written on the lid." - Sand dan Glokta
Jan 8, 2015 10:13 AM

Dec 2013
Meh, nothing exciting happened, felt kinda slow. Wish it would be more focused on specific characters, this storytelling feels a little bit weird to me.
Jan 8, 2015 10:13 AM

Nov 2012
dude, the opening is TRASH. nude kaneki is fine but... nude kaneki WHOLE TIME? nope, the song itself is mediocre and the lyrics are shit.
nice battle, no censorship, kaneki vs ayato battle and conversation disturbed by noro leaving cliffhanger of ayato reason and goal joining aogiri, i bet kaneki will vs ayato again in the future when kaneki betray aogiri and the anatomy lesson by kaneki-sensei will come later + tsundere ayato
arata kakuja look badass as ever. and kaneki looks too emo in the second half :p

anyway, KANEKI X ETO PLEASE! <3
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Jan 8, 2015 10:14 AM

May 2013
hibiki6 said:
Kerozinn said:
didnt watch it yet but does this even follow the manga ? (not that the first season followed it 100%) i read the manga and just wanna know if im wasting my time.

it doesn't follow the manga.but it could still be considered canon and actually seems better than the mangas story.

No no no no no i am sorry but no not better than the manga's story.
Jan 8, 2015 10:15 AM

Oct 2013
GinMagi said:
Honestly will it ever even be explained why he join Aogiri?
Yes it will be explained unless Perriot plans to butcher up Ishida's original storyline too.
Jan 8, 2015 10:16 AM

Jun 2013
So how's the censorship this time?
Jan 8, 2015 10:16 AM
Feb 2013
Finally season 2!!! Too bad I didn't get to see Kaneki half kill Ayato. OP was a mess but ED is quite nice. Tokyo Ghoul Alternate Route lol
Osu!!!
Jan 8, 2015 10:17 AM

Jan 2014
I hope they are going to do a proper OP, i like the style though.

Kaneki do not join Aogiri (」゚ロ゚)」
You finally have something great going and now you are just going to throw it away...
got damn it what a start.
Jan 8, 2015 10:17 AM
Feb 2013
Grouchio said:
So how's the censorship this time?

I didn't see any censors
Osu!!!
Jan 8, 2015 10:18 AM

Dec 2013
As usual the majority of the manga fans are going to bitch and whine because everything isn't exactly panel for fucking panel, seriously what's the fucking point of bitching and crying so much like this every time a new anime adaptation comes out? When has an anime ever adapted a manga/LN exactly the way it's presented in the source material? The answer is never, it can't happen. It's two different mediums. STFU already.

Anywho. For those crying about this new root, and whether it is or is not canon, have you been paying attention at all? This is the root the author wanted to take originally, this is the way it should have been. Joining Aogiri makes perfect sense after the torture/transformation, he's not the same person anymore. Maybe he has his reasons, I can almost be 100% sure he has his reasons and that we'll learn them as the season progresses.

Moving on.

This episode was good, felt a little rushed in a couple of places but otherwise it was good. I loved the "shut up and listen. I'm talking" bit, that was golden. Looking forward to seeing where the author wanted this root to go, it can't be any worse than last season.
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Jan 8, 2015 10:21 AM
Sep 2013
It's pure evil not letting me watch the whole season in one day.
Jan 8, 2015 10:22 AM

Sep 2014
Yes the openning wasn't good as the first but it was still ok. Nice visuals and an ok song. The ending ( not the final scene OST ) was pretty darn good both visualy and songwise.

The episode was pretty good. Nothing that will pull you out of the chair but a nice return to the series. 7-8 out of 10 i would say =)

Nov 2012
The_Bif said:
As usual the majority of the manga fans are going to bitch and whine because everything isn't exactly panel for fucking panel, seriously what's the fucking point of bitching and crying so much like this every time a new anime adaptation comes out? When has an anime ever adapted a manga/LN exactly the way it's presented in the source material? The answer is never, it can't happen. It's two different mediums. STFU already.

Anywho. For those crying about this new root, and whether it is or is not canon, have you been paying attention at all? This is the root the author wanted to take originally, this is the way it should have been. Joining Aogiri makes perfect sense after the torture/transformation, he's not the same person anymore. Maybe he has his reasons, I can almost be 100% sure he has his reasons and that we'll learn them as the season progresses.

Moving on.

This episode was good, felt a little rushed in a couple of places but otherwise it was good. I loved the "shut up and listen. I'm talking" bit, that was golden. Looking forward to seeing where the author wanted this root to go, it can't be any worse than last season.
the funny thing is no one crying about that and you are the only one crying here lol
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro

Sep 2013
wow the animation is much better than the season 1. Im impressed

Oct 2013
ninjastarforcex said:
The_Bif said:

Moving on.

the funny thing is no one crying about that and you are the only one crying here lol

^Lol I was going to say this but better to ignore.
Jan 8, 2015 10:23 AM

Aug 2014
Hmmm now that I think about it, no censors :D.

Xway101 ~By me~
Jan 8, 2015 10:28 AM
Nov 2014
So this is what they meant with "√A" aka Route A, Original route. Separating the manga from the anime. I like this.
Jan 8, 2015 10:29 AM

Mar 2014
dammit I have to wait til Friday night to watch this -_- I hope the original plot is just as promising as the manga's
Jan 8, 2015 10:29 AM

Nov 2013
Kerozinn said:
Chelizzle said:
Mhm episode was okay,I guess?Nothing really great imo.
Best thing is the new ED.

worst thing is the new OP. its a desaster.

*Disaster
Jan 8, 2015 10:32 AM

Nov 2013
Kerozinn said:
didnt watch it yet but does this even follow the manga ? (not that the first season followed it 100%) i read the manga and just wanna know if im wasting my time.

Well it's only just started so I can't really tell but it feels more faster paced then the manga so far with more fighting less talking. It so far has followed it but I felt the Kaneki vs Ayato fight was more gruesome in the manga.
Jan 8, 2015 10:32 AM
Aug 2014
The ending of episode 1 was interesting. And LOL ppl saying anime > manga get real pls. I'm more interested in getting to know Eto and Tatara.

Waiting on the actual anime adaptation of the manga so we Re also gets animated eventually.
Jan 8, 2015 10:33 AM

Jun 2013
Despite everyone hating on the new opening, I really don't mind it. Now the episode was good, damn enjoyable, though gotta say, anime only watchers,read the manga. Though this is a original story, it's really fun, not only because people can't spoil you, 'cause you don't know what might happen XD, but it also seems like a reversed story from the manga. I have no idea what I'm talking about.
Jan 8, 2015 10:33 AM
Aug 2011
So what most of you are saying is that the mangaka chose to release and publish an inferior story to the one he had originally planned? because most of you are saying that this is better.
Who the fuck would do that?
Jan 8, 2015 10:34 AM

Nov 2014
I really wanted to see kaneki breaking the bones of tosaka's bro. They reduced the badass moments of kaneki sad and Opening song IS SHIT! Its like random tunes are beating together, they should have kept the original opening. It only showed kaneki in the whole opening being raped by rize's hand, overall the plot was good. I like it, where this is going, I hope it won't end same as Akame ga kill!
Jan 8, 2015 10:34 AM
Sep 2014
Whats the name of the ost before the ed? *-* Pls can someone tell me?
Jan 8, 2015 10:35 AM

Jul 2013
Even though it was announced that they'd be straying away from the manga, I am still disappointed. I hoped that at least they'd end this raid properly and then go into filler.
They skipped such an awesome scene (those who read the manga know what I mean)

The opening also sucks. But at least I'm interested in seeing how this is gonna go. Seeing Kaneki and Eto interact could be very interesting. I just hope that at some point they'll explain why he chose to join aogiri, and that at least some awesome content from the manga makes a return in this one way or another.

Looking forward to next weeks episode.
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

Jun 2013
vince1996 said:
Kerozinn said:

Well it's only just started so I can't really tell but it feels more faster paced then the manga so far with more fighting less talking. It so far has followed it but I felt the Kaneki vs Ayato fight was more gruesome in the manga.
It was announced earlier that this whole season(well somewhat minus this episode) from this point in will be anime original that is written by Ishida.
Aug 2014
parfaited said:
So what most of you are saying is that the mangaka chose to release and publish an inferior story to the one he had originally planned? because most of you are saying that this is better.
Who the fuck would do that?

The mangaka decided to go with this story because of how he hated the way they butchered the first season of the anime.
Jan 8, 2015 10:36 AM

Apr 2013
yooooooooooooooo

this really good

atmosphere, music, animation

op is fitting, ed was great.

what the hell happend. how do you go from the mess of the first season to this

i went into this expecting myself to rant about it but i got nothing. well one thing kaneki joining aogiri just like this is weird but i mean this was episode 1 cannot expect things to get explained before they even happend
xSanoxJan 8, 2015 11:14 AM
Jan 8, 2015 10:36 AM
Mar 2013
Wow srsly nice season starting, i hope we can see more of this, liked the new mentality of Kaneki, i wanna know what will happen in Aogiri hahaha, Let's see
Jan 8, 2015 10:37 AM

Nov 2012
they're going anime-original already? can't say i like it though. :/
the OP/ED are inferior to S1's too.
Pages (17) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2015

760 by ShirJager »»
Apr 17, 5:39 PM

» How do you feel

JoahAnime - Apr 18, 2022

37 by Zimmu »»
Apr 3, 11:48 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2015

402 by efectiviuli »»
Feb 18, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2015

256 by dustyblue »»
Feb 7, 12:39 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul √A Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 15, 2015

300 by RapidPhantom »»
Jan 23, 7:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.