Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Parasyte
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Dec 25, 2014 8:52 AM

Apr 2013
Rens277 said:
Her character was so annoying and evidently incredibly stupid. Shinchi warned her so many times to stop going after the 'signal' and obviously what does she do? Continue to follow them.l

Sorry, but this is what almost anyone would do. How often do you take someone's warning when they won't give you a reason for it?
Dec 25, 2014 9:24 AM

Nov 2007
I feel really really bad for Mitsuo,that's all i am going to say.
Dec 25, 2014 9:31 AM

Apr 2014
god damn shinichi was badass
Dec 25, 2014 9:36 AM

Aug 2011
I feel kind of sad because I liked Kana more than I liked Murano.
At least Shinichi was amazing in the end.
Dec 25, 2014 9:42 AM

Dec 2014
Hmmm.. Not sure what to think of Kisejuu anymore.
It's starting to feel repetitive and predictable, It's still very good, but I'm hoping for some kind of twist next episode. I want something that'll give it a 8+

Dec 25, 2014 9:42 AM

Aug 2013
Merry Fucking Chrimas! - Parasytes
Awwww fuuuuuck. Oh well, she was kind of looking for it. That girl was a walking death flag. It was really a matter of time before she get herself killed. And that poor Mitsuo, poor dawg.

At least, she died happy, in his arms, kinda. She could have been eaten or mutilated... I don't know, I'm trying to find good side of it :|

Man, she was too damn obscessed with Shinichi. She was acting like a little girl in loves. Being close to Shinichi also seem to be a major death flag.

Shinichi still have emotion, but seem unable to manifest them. If he didn't had any sadness, he wouldn't have been grieving over her death. He really is a tortured soul.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Dec 25, 2014 9:57 AM

Apr 2013
god damnit......

great episode
Dec 25, 2014 10:10 AM
Nov 2007
This episode was rather dull and I'm glad Kana is gone since I don't know how much more of her crap I could have taken. Let's get back to the theme of the show and expand upon that please...
Dec 25, 2014 10:53 AM

Jan 2014
VanishingKira said:
Best girl died ;___;

harukazee said:
Kana was WAY BETTER than Murano

She was way more interesting then the girl who keep saying the same thing...But still she wasnt smarter,so its the dead end for her...

Aug 2014
Cream_Soda said:
Rens277 said:
Her character was so annoying and evidently incredibly stupid. Shinchi warned her so many times to stop going after the 'signal' and obviously what does she do? Continue to follow them.l

Sorry, but this is what almost anyone would do. How often do you take someone's warning when they won't give you a reason for it?

She lives in a town where man-eating monsters are roaming around. She has the ability to sense specific humans, including Shinichi. Her silly belief that she can differentiate Shinichi from the others was proven wrong. Shinichi warned her several times, not just once! Now, she senses someone in a secluded area and there are two possibilities: a) It's Shinichi or b) it's an random old man. Mind you, Shinichi knows of her ability and the fact that she met some random guys due to to it. Why would Shinichi be inside the building then instead of waiting for her outside so that she doesn't risk to meet a random guy inside the building??? In a previous episode he implied his interest for her safety. And with his constant warnings he does the same. Taking these information into consideration, it wouldn't make sense that Shinichi would wait inside. But no, I have a 50% chance of seeing him or a random person and I take the risk. What could possibly go wrong?! Waiting for Shinichi to come out or arriving at this place is also an option, you know.

Her actions are consistent with her character. That's good. But they are irrational nonetheless. She's a good a example for being blinded by love can only end in misery.

Funny how Kana's emotions led to her death and on the other hand Migi becoming more and more sentient prevented Shinichi from dying when he confessed to Migi. The old Migi wouldn't have been so forgiving.

Feb 2014
I didn't dislike Kana, but didn't like her either, her level was on par with Murano. Both of them don't have anything to do with the main plot and just become an object to protect, i kinda dislike this kind of story setting.

The highschool girls on this series really don't have ability to deduct things, If she use her head a little, everything would be easily makes sense. And once again, proving someone is alien or not is fucking death wish, she can't even understand something simple like that. Unlike Shinichi, they are almost 1 Dimensional characters. Kana's ability actually the death flag itself, but i hope she can turn it to make a team with Migi and Shinichi, but her head was so stupid and filled with dumb love, it was really disappointed me, i am actually glad she died if that was her full capacity. But i guess if i compared her to that fucking idiot glasses who still alive, it was a bit unfair for Kana, though.

I hope Migi can obtain humanity and working fully with Shinichi. And Shinichi gradually become over-powered, probably because of his heart.
FlashofthebackDec 25, 2014 11:29 AM
Dec 25, 2014 11:08 AM
Nov 2012
Kana's death makes me sad. I loved her, and I totally wanted to see them together. She was so cute with her embarrassing dreams and all. Oh yeah the way Shinichi punches Mitsuo in the end and yells "That's Right!" was so awesome even though I do feel sorry for Mitsuo. What do you think Shinichi meant when he said "Why do you fall so easily" to Mitsuo. Is he staring to find the relative weakness of humans annoying?
Dec 25, 2014 11:41 AM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Kana had me doing the Head/Heart thing all along the series.

Head: opening credits show Murano as the main girl being held by Shinichi, she is way too lax in her attitude toward parasytes, emitted the death flag parasyte signal

Heart: she wasn't as whiny as Murano, looked more attractive, had a complimentary power in being able to sense parasytes, had the White Knight dreams

I watched the episode saying to myself "Don't kill her off....don't kill her off" and knowing she was the flower growing up through the crack in the freeway.
Dec 25, 2014 11:50 AM

Aug 2014
that was great, i didn't felt sad though
Dec 25, 2014 12:13 PM

Jun 2014
Intensive episode. I understand Kana, she have blind love toward a guy who already have girlfriend. RIP

Shinichi become more and more look far different from human.
Dec 25, 2014 12:36 PM

Jul 2012
ilold said:
mayukachan said:
Can you guys stop throwing around the word "cunt" on these 2D female characters? Kthanks.
why are you so rustled? they are only 2d characters.

Do you even know what that word means? It's you guys who need to be less rustled over this show. Was it really surprising that she died because it was obvious from the start of this episode.
Dec 25, 2014 12:40 PM
Jun 2013
The best character of Kiseijuu died. I remember how I read the Manga and hoped Kana to survive, and how shocked and sad I was when she died.

Madhouse thumps up for the rage. They animated it really well.

Next episode should be interesting again, but nothing amazing happens iirc.
Dec 25, 2014 12:58 PM
Jul 2018
And the best girl is dead. Though dead flags were overly abundant.
Dec 25, 2014 1:47 PM
Feb 2013
I am soo pissed they killed of the best girl Kana. She will be missed.
Dec 25, 2014 1:53 PM

Dec 2012
I don't know, Kana's death sucked and all but it seemed like she was just completely disregarding the fact that she continuously ran into "people" who weren't Shinichi. I guess from her perspective, she thought that the parasite story was nonsense and believed more in the idea of fate and soul mates, which was bought into by her fantasy dreams. With the recent development on her senses, I thought that Kana was going to play a more significant role later on. So seeing her die was just a huge shock/wake up call on that one.

I'm still finding the whole hair pulling strategy a bit far fetched and it really seems impractical considering there's no benefit when the parasites know about it too.

Mitsuo: You're not human!
Shinichi: That's right!

That scene had to be the most powerful to me, Shinichi finally snapped and now I can barely wait to see what path this is going to lead down.
Dec 25, 2014 2:11 PM

Jun 2013
Solid episode. Shinichi is gradually becoming more like a parasyte and the fight with Mitsuo at the end was so emotional, I'm guessing he's going to play a significant role in the future.

PriestSlayer said:
I wonder where this will go from now on...

I personally hope it won't go into this triangle love subplots anymore. Glad they decided to get rid one of them.
Dec 25, 2014 2:36 PM

Jan 2014
Uhhh, the feels.. I felt so sorry for Kana, she just couldn't reach him..
It's always sad, when a good character dies.
Still, this anime is so amazing!
Dec 25, 2014 2:47 PM
Jun 2008
I've seen Kana's death by a mile but i'm sad because i liked her more than stereotypical sugar candy annoying Murano. She almost made me feel i'm watching Kimi ga nozomu eien or some clannad, i dunno. She is too out of place and keeps pushing me out of Kiseijuu's atmosphere. Without her Kiseijuu wouldn't be "another shcool kids' slice of life" for 70% of the time", as if we don't have enough of such slow school life animes already.
Shinichi should shoo her away if he doesn't wanna hurt her anymore. And it would spare me some redundant whining every time she's on screen. Even thought i never drop anime i don't know how many times i can bear the "i knew it, you are not same shinichi as before" line every 10 minutes.
HaohmaruHLDec 25, 2014 2:50 PM
Dec 25, 2014 3:14 PM

Mar 2014
I couldn't bare to watch Kana's persistence during her last moments. I facepalmed in embarrassment. Great episode as always.
Dec 25, 2014 3:17 PM

Mar 2013
Yay Merry Christmas everybody ! here is your present !
T_T
Dec 25, 2014 3:19 PM

Oct 2014
Wow nice episode and poor Kana, the only way for her dream to come true would be in her death. I just love Shinishi's character development, it's believable.
" Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future. "
Cloud Atlas
Dec 25, 2014 3:46 PM

Mar 2012
It would have been much more tragic if Kana didn't died because she is obsessive stalker. If she is more intelligent and develop to the point that she is only one who understand Shinichi's struggle and helping him fight parasite (Imagine her doing stealth recon and parasite identification, I was so expecting her to do that) , then died from the plotting of the parasite organization or Shinichi losing his control, then it is will a true tragedy. As it stand, her death is meh to me.

Nevertheless, the mortal combat heart attack is still epic and OST is great as always.
Dec 25, 2014 3:50 PM

Jan 2014
God damn it NO. Whyyyyyyyyy :(

When he told Migi to handle the defense and the look in his eyes, I got goosebumps
Dec 25, 2014 3:59 PM

Mar 2014
Dec 25, 2014 4:50 PM

Jan 2011
most annoying character bites the dust, things can only get better from here
Dec 25, 2014 4:57 PM

Apr 2009
i knew she'll get attacked again, but this... damn
Dec 25, 2014 5:24 PM

Aug 2014
silversaint said:
most annoying character bites the dust...

Huh, Murano died as well??
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Dec 25, 2014 5:36 PM

Feb 2012
rip my best girl
Dec 25, 2014 5:43 PM
Jun 2014
After all the beatings Mitsuo been getting i think its some foreshadowing later on in the fact he will probably be a hybrid somehow like Shinichi and try to use that power to take revenge on Shinichi.
Dec 25, 2014 5:47 PM

Sep 2013
This episode made me hold to my dear heart.
Dec 25, 2014 6:32 PM

Apr 2013

God damnit. Best girl (but possibly stupidest from what I observed in this episode) is dead. I'd like to say Shinichi didn't try hard enough to save her, which has been the case for other deaths in the previous episodes, but I don't really know what else he could have done. She was always destined to be a "plot death" right from her introduction.

For the episode itself, it was epic. No doubt about it. And that power boost when Shinichi got angry at Kana's death... Daaaaaaamn. With the parasyte getting elected mayor, it looks like we're about to take a ride on the escalation express. All aboard!
Dec 25, 2014 6:52 PM

Jul 2013
awesome episode,
it is sad kana died, i liked her more than murano,
Dec 25, 2014 7:46 PM

Jun 2011
the only useful non-villain female character died... /sighs/

Shinichi killing the parasite part was so cool.
Dec 25, 2014 8:10 PM

Sep 2010
I knew she'd die sooner or later, but, Kana > Murano. C'mon!!!

I guess I will just hope a new chara just shows up and make up for her :/
Dec 25, 2014 8:31 PM

Aug 2014
lolol, nice episode, finallly that thing kana is gone, now i wont hear her bitch about the same shit over and over and over again rofl
https://twitter.com/LightningDash02
OTPs || MyAnimeList || MyMangaList || Favorite Guys || Favorite Girls || Favorite Anime

~LightningXDash02
Dec 25, 2014 8:45 PM

Jan 2008
THIS SHOW. IS GOOD. OMG. EVERY EPISODE BETTER THAN LAST. <3
Dec 25, 2014 9:19 PM

Jan 2008
She wanted the D too much.
Dec 25, 2014 9:20 PM
Aug 2014
Cream_Soda said:
Rens277 said:

Well I'm just basing that comment on the fact that she nearly got herself killed when she 'sensed' Shimada and later she reads of Shimada's massacre at the school. Shinchi even warns her after saving her from Shimada, that the signals shes picking up are dangerous and she shouldn't pursue them. But still she continued to chase them. Again later she tries to follow the signal again at night and ran into a parasite. That should've been more than enough evidence that her power wasnt only detecting Shinchi and that it could eventually lead her into some deep shit
Dec 25, 2014 10:01 PM

Nov 2010
Kana was stupid and didn't listen...
Dec 25, 2014 10:11 PM
Jan 2011
4kicks said:
She wanted the D too much.

Yea, that's one of the tenth leading causes of death. LOL!
Dec 25, 2014 10:40 PM
Jan 2011
Cream_Soda said:
Rens277 said:

If someone told me to stop following them or a signal. And then they told some crazy story. I would do what they said because I would think they were insane.
Dec 25, 2014 11:19 PM

Aug 2011
This episode was a great return to form. The beginning of the series led off so well it was hard to follow it up, and the last few episodes have felt really slow in comparison. I'm glad to see Madhouse was able to capitalize on it with a strong culmination and really knocked this episode out of the park. Everything about it was done quite well, and the characterization is incredible. Potentially the best episode yet, and hell, possibly the best episode from any series this year (Ping Pong might have some words about that title, though).

Vengeance of everyone's grudge.

"I didn't add it to my list so I forgot I was watching that." - lpf
Dec 25, 2014 11:36 PM

Dec 2014
I'm too lazy to type another huge post, so here's my repost from another theme where someone accuses me of trolling for not liking the show:

I'm not trolling. It's my honest opinion. First ep was great but then the show just went downhill and never recovered. It's a stupid boring episode after stupid boring episode. "Are you really Shinichi? Are you? Are you?" Shut up!

When Shinichi went after his mom it suddenly became watchable again but then he came back after two episodes or so and nothing changed, besides his hair. Why all the girls are so dumb? Why Migi makes farting noises when he moves? What's the point of having the parasytes mimic the appearance and behaviour of humans if you can instantly recognise them just by looking? Why it always plays the same music over and over? I'll admit it's a nice piece and at first it was effective to hear such nice and sad melody in the intence moment. But they overplayed it to death. This stalker girl just died in latest episode and I couldn't give a smallest fuck even though I really tried. Why is this show so stupid?

I've read the manga before watching the show and quite liked it but the anime is just awful. I was certainly hoping for the better. Madhouse dropped the ball here, guys. I'm watching it just to see a massacre that is going to happen later, but I'm certain they will be able to fuck that up too.
Dec 25, 2014 11:53 PM

Oct 2013
I liked Kana makes me a little sad T-T
man this anime is getting good though
[/quote]
Dec 26, 2014 1:23 AM

Jun 2011
InvisibleGuru said:
I'm too lazy to type another huge post, so here's my repost from another theme where someone accuses me of trolling for not liking the show:

I'm not trolling. It's my honest opinion. First ep was great but then the show just went downhill and never recovered. It's a stupid boring episode after stupid boring episode. "Are you really Shinichi? Are you? Are you?" Shut up!

When Shinichi went after his mom it suddenly became watchable again but then he came back after two episodes or so and nothing changed, besides his hair. Why all the girls are so dumb? Why Migi makes farting noises when he moves? What's the point of having the parasytes mimic the appearance and behaviour of humans if you can instantly recognise them just by looking? Why it always plays the same music over and over? I'll admit it's a nice piece and at first it was effective to hear such nice and sad melody in the intence moment. But they overplayed it to death. This stalker girl just died in latest episode and I couldn't give a smallest fuck even though I really tried. Why is this show so stupid?

I've read the manga before watching the show and quite liked it but the anime is just awful. I was certainly hoping for the better. Madhouse dropped the ball here, guys. I'm watching it just to see a massacre that is going to happen later, but I'm certain they will be able to fuck that up too.

And most of the things u complained about doesn't even have anything to do with the anime except 4 the soundtrack lol. This applies to the manga tho
Pages (13) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Netfix - Parasyte: The Grey A Korean Live-Action series

sarahak - Aug 24, 2022

24 by Elfezen »»
Apr 23, 1:19 AM

» [SPOILERS] Parasyte: The Grey, Post-watch discussion thread

JVskunkape - Apr 13

0 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 13, 11:55 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2015

244 by httplatte »»
Apr 12, 12:25 AM

» Biggest plot hole? Or maybe not

egosumjohn - Apr 6

21 by Ankibank »»
Apr 11, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Mar 25, 2015

654 by brenosempau »»
Apr 11, 9:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.