Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »
Jan 18, 2015 6:53 PM

Feb 2013
Touching scene when everyone showed up to watch Yuuki die (bit weird/creepy though).

Setup for season 3?
Jan 21, 2015 5:49 AM
Dec 2013
theMemorandum said:
So, there's a couple things I wanna mention about this episode.

First thing is the fact that I didn't start actually watching SAO II week by week until around when this arc started, I think episode 17 was actually the first episode I sat by my TV screen on Xbox spamming the green A button waiting for Crunchyroll to update with the episode. So, Mother's Rosario episodes 18-24 I watched week by week.

Watching them week by week over a period of almost 2 months made it go by so slow. Usually, I'd watch them once, then within the same day or maybe a day or two later I'd watch the episode again. But, yesterday and today was the first time I actually marathoned all the episodes in a row, which made me realize how short it was, how much content it lacked, and also how well executed it was.

But this feeling still lingers...

When I started SAO II, I thought I was gonna be watching 24 episodes of intense head-busting action. They bring up this gritty, gun-and-steel game that they, on MANY occasions, mention how it "reeks of oil," and how it's the only game in Japan with pro players because of a game coin to real money conversion system that gives some of the best players enough money to pay their bills and shit.

I thought I was in for a total rush, seeing how this game has gotten so serious that people are freaking dying IN REAL LIFE over it.

SO WHY THE HELL DID AIDS GET BROUGHT INTO THIS? WHY AM I BEGINNING TO FEEL THE SAME WAY I WAS WHEN WATCHING CLANNAD WHEN I'M SUPPOSED TO BE GETTING AN ADRENALINE RUSH FROM ALL THE HEAD-BUSTING ACTION?

Why the hell do I feel like I need to rename this series Clannad Art Online?

I won't lie, it does make for one hell of a storyline at the end, I loved just about every moment of SAO II in the end... but for real, this was too much. Clannad gave me solid reasons to accept drowning in my own tears, but I have trouble accepting it here in SAO II just from how this was executed...

I feel with how this was played out, I truly need to sit down and think about my life all over again. Why is it that I get to sit here and type on an anime website while the pure and innocent Yuuki Konno has to lay connected to a machine in total misery for 3 years and watch hundreds of people cry while she's dying, and her being the reason why they're crying? Why does SHE have to go through this? Why not me instead? Take me instead, AIDS.

SAO II was probably my favorite series of all time so far, better than SAO I and probably even a bit above Toradora. I'll be waiting for SAO III every day until it inevitably comes!
Eventually, SAO II ended up in sadness. You might right this SAO II a bit same with Toradora in the end.For me, I'll say SAO II overall I give 7/10 even though some mistaken parts I've mention through all episodes but I couldn't remembered it, they have an outstanding anime series among the season. I heard rumour of complaining about this even me but somehow it makes me enthusiastic. :)

SAO III is coming soon as you said you've been waiting every day or seconds until it publish for next season. There still many plenty of mistaken parts want to refix. So, together we shall wait for it. I also have the true feeling as you.I know your truth feeling, TheMemorandum. ^^
If SAO III still same as before, I gonna boil my head.
"Don't judge yet until they finish";
Jan 23, 2015 6:25 AM

Aug 2010
At first I was I like "Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome What's that?" and then oh....

Same from above I thought it will be guns blazing for 24 episodes but then right after 14.5 I was left with a what's gonna happen next. Then the different arcs came and actually made me more interested. Don't get me wrong GGO is good. I especially liked the gun x sword Kirito slicing through bullets action.

Excalibur arc was ok. Klein was my favorite character in that arc just because he made me laugh. Mother's Rosario kinda bored me a bit in the beginning but after they defeated the floor boss and the sadness settled in... its feel time folks! Damn caught me off guard didn't expect that at all. Plus points for that.

Other things that I liked from the whole series is Kirito mechatronics stuff (him deciding what he wants to do with his life) and worth mentioning moments like Asuna and her mom in ALO moment.

Overall This series is great and please make season 3 ASAP!!! The last part of the funeral was like a mini cliff hanger right?
Jan 23, 2015 3:08 PM

Jun 2013
Say all you want about this series, but SAO II has redeemed itself in my eyes. I came in first few episodes with bashing wish, and after those few episodes I made complete 180. SAO II has erased literally everything which made SAO bad. Harem was minimized, Asuna is not a generic tsundere/damsel in distress, main characters got development, incest was non existent. Both arcs had great stories. I enjoyed in both of them. I can honestly give it 9/10.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Jan 24, 2015 7:35 AM

Jun 2014
I can say with certainty that I enjoyed this season a lot more than the first. Death Gun was a pretty cool villain I would say, and for the second arc...Yuuki TTTT~TTTT
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 2015 8:02 AM
May 2014
I think I have enjoyed the last arc more than the GGO arc.
I'm also happy that they included a bit of Sinon in the end.
Feel train at the end really hit me. Would give it around 7.5/10
Jan 25, 2015 2:39 PM
Aug 2014
Does anyone know where can I find that piano song that plays during
??

I need that :c
Jan 26, 2015 8:56 AM

Jan 2014
DenisLee17 said:
Does anyone know where can I find that piano song that plays during
??

I need that :c

Sadly, you will have to wait for OST vol2 release, which comes at April 22, 2015.
Jan 31, 2015 6:54 PM

Dec 2008
Rest in peace, Yuuki...

Sent with Mal Updater
Feb 4, 2015 4:24 PM
Jan 2015
Ok, other than the fact that SAO portrays what we gamers truly want. A living, breathing world for an mmorpg. Why is this series so popular? There are some things that make me think that this author is a retard or a genius. A retard cause he puts things like having every girl Kirito meets, fall in love with him. A genius, cause this plays on the emotions of the otakus/weebs that want something like that lol.

I have to admit though, this is way better than the 2nd half of the first season. The direction the plot takes there really had me going, What. The. Fuck. Were. They. Thinking?!

Anyway, I have to agree with the people giving this seriously 5-7/10. A pretty good anime, but held down only cause some of the flaws makes it annoying to watch at times.
Feb 8, 2015 2:57 AM

Jun 2011
The cringefest that is Mother Rosario. Forced drama, unnatural interaction, admittedly Yuuki's passing wasn't the happiest thing ever, but the poor execution didn't help. Poor Aincrad is still the best.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 8, 2015 5:27 AM
May 2012
Well, wow. They did improved over last season. The GGO arc was thrilling, and then that Mother's Rosario arc that got me feels. That scene before Yuuki died was wonderful, that kinda turned me around when i thought that this serious was gonna end like S1. Overall, very nice.

8/10
Feb 11, 2015 6:49 AM

Aug 2010
Just finished watching SAO2 and I think in general, the flow of the season 2 is better than season 1. Is it just me or is there more emotional development for the characters (especially Kirito and Asuna) this season?

Hmm I wanted to see more action though, hopefully there'll be a season 3!
Feb 12, 2015 8:39 PM
Nov 2013
Welp another anime that ive cried during, makes 4 now
Angel beats, Fairy Tail, Love Live, Now this, i hate crying, but love it at the same time
All together I thought the episode was very goo, and evoked an emotion that I rarely show. I liked the whole feeling from the end of the funeral scene that there was a sense of whats going to happen next, cant wait for season 3!
Feb 13, 2015 3:05 PM
May 2012
Rest in peace, Yuuki~
Well, it has been, I think, 2 years since I watched Sword Art Online, and now, I just finished this. Despite all of their flaws, I just couldn't help but still enjoy them. I am just that type of guy. Though, I wonder how everything would have turned out if the SAO series had a better Anime adaption. Oh well, what happens, happens.
I started SAO II around 2-3 PM, and now, it's 3:01 AM. It has been a while since I have done this. Marathoning an Anime in one sitting, and a 24 episodes at that.
Anyway, like I said, despite its obvious flaws, I still enjoyed this season. The animation is good, OSTs are nice, and the opening and ending songs still has the same feel~
An Anime that has shit tons of haters, and shit tons of fans. I think, we will have a season 3. Of course, I will watch it. Well, I will be skipping the specials for now. Will watch them someday. Thank you ^^ Time for me to sleep now~
Feb 15, 2015 8:21 AM

Jan 2014
Godtier_Taste said:
Man! This is the saddest shit I've ever seen!
Phew! dem feels! ; _ ; daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamnn! I'm crying... so sad.... just...sad...

''Kiritrap, Sinon's butt'' never forget.

1/10

Feb 17, 2015 2:38 AM

Nov 2009
Cried like a baby during this episode, This arc and Phantom Bullet were excellent in my opinion and really repaired a lot of the damage that the ALO arc done in the first season well it did for me anyways, Caliber was kind of pointless since we didnt even get to see the sword in actual combat but whatever.

9/10 Yes.
Feb 18, 2015 8:02 AM

Aug 2014
Yohimo_asakura said:
we will see it later :)

Um, well.....
Feb 21, 2015 1:34 PM

May 2009
It was alright. I'd rather seen the whole anime being about GGO and finding out who that Death guy was. For me it went downhill on the moment they ended with GGO. Yuuki was a nice side character, but nothing for me to cry over. I felt way more sad at the moment some random group members of Kirito died in season 1.
Personally I'm quite doubting whether I should watch S3 or not when it's ready. We'll see.

5/10
ZyukichanFeb 21, 2015 1:42 PM
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Feb 24, 2015 11:39 PM

Apr 2014
In the Episode 22 discussion thread:
ZeroDragon said:
If the ending is anything like what I think it'll be, then I really think this arc would benefit from having this episode moved back one or two episodes earlier to allow for more time for the build up of feels, but we'll see.

Well it was a damn shame we couldn't have had an episode or two with some of the many events that were shown to have occurred during the timeskip in the first two minutes of the episode -_- Seeing more of the bond between Asuna's friends and the Sleeping Knights and the deepening bond and emotional support between Asuna and Yuuki would have been really nice and made Yuuki's passing even more impactful.

But despite that, the death scene was very well done I think. Even though I felt this arc was too rushed and that I didn't really have enough time to cafe for Yuuki as much as I should have, the previous episode did a great job of preparing for this scene and this scene itself managed to dial up the feels and execute admirably.

This arc started off interesting with the first couple of episodes playing up the curiosity factor. The middle sort of lulled a bit as I felt they seemed rather bland and trivial aside from the scenes between Asuna and her mother, and then the final three episodes were heartwarming and endearing due to the heavy character focus and dynamics.

I liked seeing how Asuna and Yuuki both shared a bond that was mutually beneficial. Asuna brought the world back to Yuuki, one way being in the "physical" sense in making the real world accessible to her once again, and another way by showing her that she need not be afraid of being attached to things just because the clock is ticking down for her in the real world. Even though the happiness gained will be merely temporarily and its end will cause more sadness than if it had never happened, the experience is worth going through as one will find fulfillment through them. Yuuki has endured so much and still manages to remain incredibly strong while Asuna, who has had to endure much less "misery", acts so emotionally weak by comparison. Yuuki's resolve and emotional strength helps Asuna to gain the strength to overcome her issues with her mother.

As for the relationship between Asuna and her mother, it was interesting to see how things were between them, but it would have benefited from additional development. We see that they don't understand one another and that Asuna's mother is rather apathetic to Asuna's feelings, and then suddenly they reconcile with what I felt wasn't a particularly powerful or convincing talk. I think knowing more about the perspective of Asuna's mother in all of this would really make that scene more moving.

Overall, I very much enjoyed this arc. Halfway through I felt it was a 6/10, but after seeing how everything ties together in the final three episodes along with their execution and direction, I give this arc an 8/10.

As a whole, I enjoyed SAO II more than SAO I and feel that the plot, pacing, and character development were areas of significant improvement.

Gun Gale Online: 7/10
Calibur: 4/10
Mother's Rosario: 8/10

My overall rating for SAO II: 7/10

ZeroDragonFeb 24, 2015 11:45 PM
Mar 5, 2015 8:42 AM
Jul 2013
Why is it, that the first 13 episodes are always so fckn great and nice, and second part is always boring for me in SAO1 amd SAO2? Would give 9 but the second part was boring so I give it 8!
Mar 6, 2015 11:09 PM

Aug 2011
Myklen said:
Why is it, that the first 13 episodes are always so fckn great and nice, and second part is always boring for me in SAO1 amd SAO2? Would give 9 but the second part was boring so I give it 8!

I actually agree with this. Yuuki's arc was cool and emotional and all, but I felt like it went really slowly...
Mar 7, 2015 7:15 AM

Mar 2013
Godtier_Taste said:
Man! This is the saddest shit I've ever seen!
Phew! dem feels! ; _ ; daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamnn! I'm crying... so sad.... just...sad...

''Kiritrap, Sinon's butt'' never forget.

1/10

SAO isn't that bad.
added the fourth most popular anime onto this site
Mar 9, 2015 3:01 PM

Mar 2013
Yuuki has AIDS or HIV ??
Mar 18, 2015 2:50 PM

Aug 2014
Insertanamehere said:
Yohimo_asakura said:
we will see it later :)

Um, well.....

Mar 24, 2015 9:04 AM

Apr 2010
cried so much I forgot about reality. that cliffhanger though *shakes fist*
Mar 27, 2015 2:30 PM
Mar 2015
Wow. Every complaint I had about the show just whisked away in this Mothers Rosario arc. Well done. Whether a lack of focus on Kirito was the reason for this is debatable but the relationship between Yuuki and everyone was wonderful, and I'm glad they didn't overplay Asuna's mom.
*slow clap*

But speaking of Asuna's family problems

Mar 27, 2015 2:52 PM

Nov 2013
zarimar said:

That would have been the perfect way to turn this arc into GGO-level shit.
Mar 27, 2015 8:51 PM

May 2011
I knew she had to go... but at least it was handled beautifully to the point where the tears wouldn't stop.

Heathcliff gets the last mention, I couldn't help but get hyped up.

I liked season 2 more than Season 1, but of course you need to watch both to appreciate it as a whole.

I'm glad this is mainstream. There's some solid lessons, inspirations, and positives. The trick is to just go in casual :).

I'll remember this one, and if there's a Season 3 someday, I'll be there.
Kayaba-Mar 27, 2015 8:55 PM
Apr 4, 2015 11:07 PM

Jan 2013
The way Yuuki finally passed away was beautifuly done.
The feels were all over the place.

I'd rate the first half (GGO Arc ... Sinon) an 7/10
As for the second half 9/10.

I came into the anime with not that many hopes since it's been hated by so many apparently, but I thought the show was amazing

8/10 overall.
PrOxAntoApr 18, 2015 3:23 PM
Apr 5, 2015 6:26 PM
Sep 2014
What Pr0xAnto said.

I promised myself that i will never watch tearjerking anime again but this one got me by surprise.
First half ( GGO ) was more fun than i thought it will be, while Calibur arc was kinda weak, more or less filler episodes, but Mother's Rosario was damn amazing.

Im looking forward to season 3. I wonder will we need to wait for them to finish next manga or will they start working on anime earlier.
Apr 8, 2015 6:48 PM
Jun 2013
GGO arc was absolutely horrible. Then it got even worse in the excalibur arc. The mother's rosario arc was slightly better but the ending wasn't great. Sure, feels happened but they felt really forced. Although that was the case with the whole arc pretty much. "Oh look at these completely new characters! Now like them! But oh look, there's something weird going on! Oh noes they're all going to die soon, now be sad!"

It did have its moments though, even if they were few and far between. So overall I guess I'd give it something like 4/10.

Won't watch the 3rd season. It just feels too forced at this point.
Apr 9, 2015 12:04 AM
Jan 2011
A fantastic tour-de-force of an episode to end what was in my opinion the best arc of the whole show. There are very few finales that I actually loved, but this is one of them.

An awesome cameo by Eugene! Really glad to see his character again, as well as Klein kicking some ass.

Yuuki's 11-sword combo lives on! What a way to remember her by.

Absolutely lost it at all 3 groups of fairies coming to wish her goodbye. There is no better gift for someone than to know all the lives they touched.

THIS is how SAO should have been done from the start. They learned their lesson, and made characters that I not only cared about but was sad to lose. Excellent character development both in the virtual world and out, as well as a more human story broke up the action well, and couldn't have come at a better time. I <3 Mother's Rosario. My favorite arc of this show by far, and if this is any indication of what the studio can do, I never thought I would say this, but I'll eagerly be awaiting SAO 3
Apr 17, 2015 2:12 PM

Apr 2010
The first half: average, kinda stupid
The 2nd half: amazing, the plot was pretty good and Yuuki's story has touched my heart.... I cried a lot during this episode. :c
Apr 17, 2015 6:37 PM

Nov 2007
just horrible. I never gave a fuck about the last minute shit character yuuki, I was just waiting for the GGO arc to continue, but it was not worth my time. Not worth watching!!
It was an 8 until the GGO arc ended, would have dropped it if I knew this shit was coming!!

2/10 episode, 5/10 anime
Apr 18, 2015 1:19 AM

Dec 2010
Well this final arc was a lot more emotional than I was expecting. Damn.
Apr 18, 2015 9:34 AM

Jun 2014
the last few episodes were painful to watch

1st half -5, as expected Kirito was op at the beginning. Shinon and Kirito's voices made me cringe

2nd half - 2, the drama was long. They wasted 2-3 episodes crying all the time

3/10 overall
Apr 19, 2015 5:07 PM

Nov 2007
Man I just could not have given any fucks about this after the Gungale stuff ended. That was different and interesting. Plus Shino was a pretty decent character. Then it went back to ALO which was the worst arc and just got bland again.

Kirito barely did anything after this and jobbed out to a sick girl.

Shino just became a background harem character with no chance ini the shitty ALO verse.

It took me this long to finish after watching weekly for the first half as man that 2nd half of the season killed my interest.

It seems if they make another season or 2 it will just be drawing it out and focus more on the boring parts this season had.

Meh.
Apr 19, 2015 6:01 PM

Dec 2008
Wow, this episode made me cry like a little school girl. SAO2 was amazing!
Apr 26, 2015 11:09 AM

May 2014
That was pretty good. And I'm so glad it wasn't a cliffhanger ending like NGNL. Overall 8/10 the reviewers of this anime are being too critical only looking at the "bad" part, but that's just my opinion.
May 17, 2015 7:37 AM

Feb 2015
Try not to cry.......cry alot
How long until season 3 of Spice and Wolf?
The World May Never Know.
May 21, 2015 4:51 AM

Jul 2013
So Siune's the only one who survived? She said Jun was getting better so if we include him then there's 3 more of those Sleeping Knights members. I hope everyone will get better soon.

Anyway about this whole season I still think SAO was way better but this is also good and I commend them for trying. Also yeah I cried when Yuuki died.

May 28, 2015 8:43 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
uhh.. dunno GGO was really dragged but at least dat ass Shinon. 2nd half was kinda eh as well.. at least dramatic end.

In comparison to season 1.. I liked this season much less..

7/10 to series.
Jun 3, 2015 8:43 AM

Nov 2010
Good bye Konno Yuuki

I enjoyed and appriciate the second half of SAO2 a lot, it hit emotionally and the ecchi was toned down along with not another girl added to Kirito's harem
Terminal illness isn't something to laugh about which is something they handled really well

To be continued?
Jun 3, 2015 5:23 PM

Jun 2012
Fuck, that was too good. Where the Hell was all this effort during season 1?
Jun 17, 2015 6:49 PM

Oct 2007
Very very weak. Just no climax, a lot of drama... not what i was expecting...
Jun 19, 2015 2:53 AM

Mar 2012
I love coming back and watching this final episode because I don't think they could have executed it any better.

For those that are complaining about the amount of drama, um, HELLO! It's Sword Art Online! There's been drama this entire time. Every conclusion to every arc had some to a lot of drama. You're just mad because it became more about fulfilling Yuuki's dying wishes than about some epic final battle.

The great thing about the Mother's Rosario arc is that a lot of the characters got some much needed development. Asuna became a much more fleshed out character and considering her role in the series, it was needed.
Jun 29, 2015 1:25 PM

Aug 2014
And again it went from 1 game to a different one, not that it was a bad thing or anything like that.

First part was kinda boring in the beginning, it was first when the real death match began things started to get interesting. Even in a gun game Kirito is OP as well...just sounds stupid at this point how damn OP he is. Sinon was...interesting but also annoying at times. Death Gun was a kinda meh villain, should have given him some more screentime to develop or make his motives better than just "I liked killing people, so ima do that again in another game!"

Second part was less flashy and action compared to the first half, but also interesting with the nordic mythology involved and Excalibur, though I'm slightly disappointed at the lack of an overall villain behind everything. Could have made some epic god battle involving Kirito being forced to use Excalibur or something like that. Also the part with Yukki was...boring but the last episode definitely did something right, I felt bad when Yukki died and Asuna got fleshed out a little more.

Overall I'll go with the same rating as 1st season 5/10
Jul 28, 2015 6:21 AM

Sep 2014
The feels!!

Loved Yuuki how she was so cheerful even in her situation, she was a true fighter who fought to the very end and with a smile on her face, you've got to admire that strength.

Yuuki fought kirito again and won! That's Zekken for you! Strongest swordsman!

Was awesome how so many players payed tribute to her, and her sword at the end...Damn it!, why, why won't the tears stop?!

Goodbye yuuki, you will forever be remembered.
Aug 13, 2015 3:52 PM

Mar 2012
Zero Expectations and there's nothing to be pissed off about right? Ha...GGO was pretty good until it turned into being just about Asada...the middle arc...felt like it was just put in to be put in...this arc, meh....it's like shows these days just don't give a damn about how to flawlessly flow from arc to arc. 2nd verse same as the first, nothing's changed....

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Pages (13) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 27, 2014

611 by Bruh69XD »»
May 10, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

546 by amf85 »»
Apr 30, 2:56 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2014

432 by amf85 »»
Apr 29, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

286 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 6, 2014

418 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 3:22 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.