Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 20, 2014 4:19 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Eh I suppose this episode wraps up the show with a balance of the light reflecting on their lives with Kaori being alive and the other half involving the future.

A life with Kaori alive is obviously much more pleasant. All said and done though, it doesn't look like the future isn't that grim either.
Dec 20, 2014 8:39 AM
Oct 2012
Humm, they really need an OVA or two to tie things up.

Since these are parallel universes there are alternative paths, including the old future which is still in existence and where Kaori finally wakes up and Airi is rejected. But there is also the new past where Sou starts making his own decisions (which fires up the quantum cube again) because there are now parallel universes resulting from his finally determining things.

As an ending it is sloppy, there are still a lot of things unresolved (though that might indeed be the point), or it could just be that they added things for the VN fans that make little sense to people who have just watched the show (the whole Idol student bit - why was she the only one who remembered Yui).

As it stands now, disappointing, some very nice ideas, but no real resolution so a 6.5 or so. If there is a decent OVA this could improve.
Dec 20, 2014 9:45 AM

Dec 2013
Mmm if I'm not mistaken, the VN ends in a completely different way...

In any case it's a good anime, which I saw with pleasure !
Ramiel00Dec 20, 2014 1:48 PM
What do you think about the planetarium? That beautiful twinkling of eternity that will never fade, no matter when....
Dec 20, 2014 10:03 AM

Feb 2014
maybe it's just me , but it felt like something was missing from this final ep ..
7/10
Dec 20, 2014 10:04 AM

Mar 2013
I really like the ending episode :)
ending scene were beautiful.
Dec 20, 2014 10:06 AM

Aug 2013
Well, amazing series. Satisfying last episode.
I enjoyed this anime the most in this season.

9/10 final score.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 20, 2014 10:09 AM
Jul 2014
-In Search of the Lost Future episode 12 FINAL-
Oh joy. I love it when animes do this. The ending ended in the true end, but not the true end. The ending was clearly an advertisement to entice watchers to explore the source material to see the real ending. I really fucking hate this shit since we don't even have access to the source material. Before I watched the final, I had planned to include this in my top 5. Well not anymore. Overall it was an enjoyable watch, but since the ending was nothing but an advertisement, I will give it a 7/10.
Dec 20, 2014 10:11 AM

Sep 2012
It's done, god that was boring.
Oh god who are you people?
Dec 20, 2014 10:18 AM

Jan 2012
Well...I liked that Future Sou still seemed to love Kaori enough to embrace her in tears, but I'm not sure that one scene was enough to make up for Yui/Sou tediousness in the present timeline. I guess it'd be tough to like this series if you only saw Yui as a threat to them, but well that's pretty much always how I saw her. Chalk it up to the first episode making me want Kaori and Sou to be happy together no matter what, and while I guess that still happened in some time, it just wasn't enough to make me feel satisfied I guess. I was gonna give this series a 4, but that scene in the future will get me to give it a 5/10. Now to hopefully not think much about this series anymore.
Dec 20, 2014 10:35 AM

Sep 2008
How lame is this, that all main characters, nameless students and Sou who fallen in love with Yui forget about her, but her friend have some memories, remember, knew about her?

Eh... I have always problem with anime with time traveling because lot of them at the end don't have sense for me...
Like another timeline...
I can understand anime with reincarnation, but this one is just... without sense...
Well... most of stories, but this one is just sensless...

and Sou fallen in love with homunculus...
I thought about her as KaorixSou's daughter, because she have simillar/have part of Kaori's chara and Sou raised her and she is also kind simillar to him.
Really, kinda strange love story for me... -.-

Would prefer if they let Kaori die or let her sleep and find the way to wake her up,
or Sou trying to go back to past and save Kaori by himself.
LittleStarDec 20, 2014 11:23 AM
Dec 20, 2014 10:45 AM

Nov 2013
That was a really nice ending :) The anime was interesting enough, the first episodes were a little boring but it got better in the end. 8/10

Dec 20, 2014 10:46 AM

Aug 2007
That's the end of this. I got to say I enjoyed this. I wish we had another episode though. I would have like to see Sou's and Yui's reunion even if they hinted he would make Yui eventually I would have like her to see the world where Sou is having a smile this time and the furture is good so she isn't a tool.

Sent with Mal Updater
Dec 20, 2014 10:49 AM

Jan 2011
Ya I found this to be more boring than anything else.

Not a very good story supported by mediocre characters. Simple as that.
Dec 20, 2014 11:10 AM

Jul 2014
The whole episode made me feel largely conflicted. I thought they would deal with the Yui situation in the current timeline, but instead everyone other than random school friend forgot about her and only had hints of deja vu every now and then. Then there was the stuff in a future timeline where Kaori finally wakes up. Well, I'm glad that that version of Sou got his happy ending, and it was good to see that the current Sou will eventually get his happy ending when he creates Yui again.

Sure, it was a bit confusing, but it was a happy ending to a reasonable attempt at a time travel series.
Dec 20, 2014 11:32 AM

Aug 2014
Lowest score given this season.

Horrible: 2/10.

So much confusion and explaining that this show needed was unbelievable.
Dec 20, 2014 11:42 AM

Jun 2014
9/10 for the whole anime and 10/10 for the final episode
Dec 20, 2014 12:20 PM

Aug 2014
Thank god he ended up with Kaori in the end. The yui love come from nowere when the hole show had focused on Kaori.

I liked the ending in some way.
Dec 20, 2014 12:23 PM

Jun 2011
Feels to incomplete for me to be satisfied with that ending.
Needs an OVA to wrap things up.
Dec 20, 2014 12:28 PM

Jul 2010
So ,in the end it becomes a Sou X Kaori arc.

I hope any OVA doesn't mess it up.
yeo
Dec 20, 2014 12:46 PM
Jul 2018
All the main characters and other students forget Yui except Yui's friend named Karin.

The ending was nice.
Dec 20, 2014 1:02 PM

Feb 2008
Don't worry I was always getting confused with all the situation happens and endless loop start over again.
What a waste of episode.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Dec 20, 2014 1:32 PM
ざわ・・ ざわ・・

Oct 2012
i didn't really like this series.. but damn i need more
Dec 20, 2014 1:53 PM

Feb 2014
I'm so fucked up.

Nice anime, would fap watch again. 7/10
Dec 20, 2014 2:20 PM

Dec 2013
After a bit of thinking, the ending felt complete to me.

7/10
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Dec 20, 2014 2:34 PM

May 2013
That was nice, Kaori from the future waking up in the end. I thought this series was good.
Dec 20, 2014 2:50 PM

Dec 2013
In the end, I think maybe there could be two timeline .... one with adult Suo and Kaori who wakes up, the other with him that reminds Yui and recreates it in the end... it's also discernible in the part where young Suon decides on his future career (doctor?) ...
What do you think about the planetarium? That beautiful twinkling of eternity that will never fade, no matter when....
Dec 20, 2014 3:07 PM
Apr 2014
What? That's it? In one line Kaori wakes up and I guess Sou and her get together and in the other line Kaori doesn't fall into coma but Sou and her don't find together? That end kinda sucks. It's not even clear if Kaori wakes up because Yui succeeded or if it was just coincidence.

Sweanime said:
Thank god he ended up with Kaori in the end. The yui love come from nowere when the hole show had focused on Kaori.

I agree but the end in itself annoys me a bit. It's not in conflict with the whole theory that was "explained" in the anime but I rather would have seen Kaori end up with Sou on every line.
Dec 20, 2014 3:34 PM

Apr 2014
That was a poor episode but I guess that's all we get.
Dec 20, 2014 3:42 PM

Jan 2013
Yeah... sorry but this episode and the entire anime was all messed up and I didn't felt anything for them.
Sure it's good that they got together in the end.
But... plot wise... it lacks a lot of it. I'm not saying that it lacks plot, but the direction that they decided to take, and the way they presented things... it was just bad...
Dec 20, 2014 3:47 PM

Jan 2013
That was a lame ending. I'm disappointed, you get nothing from the last episode.

Dec 20, 2014 3:48 PM
Jul 2014
Sweanime said:

He didn't end up with Kaori, when the anime finished, the VN still went on. The ending of the anime is incomplete as it was an advertisement of the source material. The actual ending in the true end, which is the path the anime went down is YuiXSou.
Dec 20, 2014 4:39 PM

Dec 2012
Shaniyaz said:
The inevitable "everyone missing a certain someone" part was well done, though I didn't like the how they left the creation of Yui incomplete.
Surely, as the future Sou said he'll make Yui someday, but they should've shown it instead of just an implication.

Overall, decent show but not good enough. 6/10. VN adaptation are hard and they should probably do an OVA to tie the loose ends.

Pretty much the same. I am somewhat grateful they left Yui's creation in the future as implication because I find her the weakest character among the other girls and didn't want to see her story after that. And while I am neither fan of childhood friends-routes, or even characters like Kaori, the anime showed the latter fighting fair and square, while Yui (under the plot pretense to complete her task) comes off as a cocktease to Sou, which usually fuels Kaori's jealousy. That is, it felt the saviour was more a murderer, that kind of thing.

Perhaps I'd never understand why characters like Nagisa and (above all) Airi are not desired routes, even in anime adaptations * sigh*
Dec 20, 2014 4:55 PM

May 2013
Kaori in the present and future is alive and well. It was all thanks to Yui. Well, no one ended with anyone even in the last episode.

I didn't enjoyed it much at all. Even this last episode had something missing. The fact that they all can't seem to remember Yui annoys me. I really thought that they would find it in their hearts to at least remember her. Desperately need an OVA for this. There is definitely something missing from this. Sigh.

6/10
Dec 20, 2014 5:31 PM
Jun 2014
i wantd sou to hook up with airi and have yui as a baby
Dec 20, 2014 6:28 PM

Jul 2014
incomplete ending -.-" 8/10
Dec 20, 2014 6:37 PM

Aug 2014
Sweanime said:

If I had to guess: future Sou was in love with Kaori, while present Sou was in love with Yui

But the sad thing is that we didnt get too see Jennifer :(
Dec 20, 2014 6:39 PM
Jan 2011
I didn't really care for the show. That Karin chick was annoying. Acting like someone you just met was your best friend. This show was boring and pretty forgettable.
Dec 20, 2014 11:43 PM

May 2013
I just noticed this. When future Sou and Airi was talking in the car, Sou was driving, the next scene, Airi was driving. Holy crap.

So in the end, future Sou loves Kaori and current Sou loves Yui and he will create her in the future huh? The VN ended differently and I wanted to see the ending where they all reunited again in the future, but this ending is not bad at all. Just... this series is mediocre in my opinion.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Dec 20, 2014 11:48 PM

Jan 2011
can't say this was down right awful but it wasn't really good either not that i had high expectations going in,and i liked how they did try and do something different with the whole time traveling but the problem is a lot of shows tend not do that well.

in the end it wasn't really that interesting more predictable than anything plus the fact they just left yui gone like that was weak only person that really remembered her was someone not in the main group

6/10 also i won't let this studio down for them trying to mix cgi and the normal animation together to quickly change it afterwards lol
Dec 20, 2014 11:54 PM

Jun 2014
I really enjoyed the way this ended with Kaori being alive both parallel universes!

Overall 8/10 since I am an anime watcher only and know nothing of the source material!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Dec 21, 2014 12:02 AM

Aug 2013
Not quite satisfying last episode, but at least it had a happy ending of sorts.

Future Kaori woke up. Young Sou remembers Yui at the end. Older Sou says that his younger self would make Yui again anyway. Which I believe he does in the VN from what I've been told.

But now even though the timelines were melding back together, it still doesn't make much sense. Since Future Sou loved Kaori, but young Sou from the other timeline loved Yui. One of those would have to change since the timelines would be melding together. Because otherwise two Sou's with two different love preferences wouldn't work.

I literally cannot fathom how so many people are rating this so high. There have been some rational people, but wayyy too many are like OMG LOVED IT 9/10! Like what the fuck? Do you not have standards? So many 7-9 out of 10s. I'm not saying it was god awful. Definitely not as bad as say, Glasslip. But don't try to sugar coat it. It didn't even get decent until the last 3 episodes, and the shady ending didn't entirely eliminate the paradox.

this show was a 4, maybe a 5 at BEST. That's not even an opinion.
To the one person who said "best show I've watched this season"...No. You need to either watch more shows or not have shit taste.
Dec 21, 2014 12:03 AM
Dec 2014
Oh boy... This was quite literally what I was most afraid of when I started watching this.
13 episodes - plain and simple - is just not enough to spin out a proper and complete story in general, but here we go and try to sandwich a timetravel, humanoid AI and all kinds of sci-fi tech into it.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed most of the episodes, really thought this anime had sth good going, but the ending was surely lacking in so many aspects sadly. I really wished they would have gone more indepth about quite frankly everything here.

Been quite a while that I have been this disappointed by an ending, yet so happy about the main part of the anime. Maybe they can fix this with a few OVA episodes. 7/10
Dec 21, 2014 12:18 AM

Apr 2014
Yeah, so what now....?! It was a fun watch and I love getting deep into the sci-fi /real world cross.
Dec 21, 2014 5:40 AM

Sep 2008
Jonesy974 said:
Definitely not as bad as say, Glasslip.

I think Glasslip was better...

I prefer aniamtion in Glasslip than in UMwM even if it wasn't perfect there were part where animation is nice done.
Romance even if it weak in both series, I prefer if guy start to like normal girl,
than girl which he created, have personality like his childhood friend and have interest in stars, because he tell her about it and she is kinda like daughter.

It still makes me LOL, than Sou prefer create girlfriend than start to dating one of girl which like him... -.-

In Glasslip at last I have 2 characters which I really liked, but in Glasslip is really find characters which I could care about.
Dec 21, 2014 7:36 AM

Jun 2013
Not sure that i liked the ending very much :/
Dec 21, 2014 12:03 PM

Jul 2012
what a fantastic ending to a great anime. At first I thought this will be generic shit, but it turned out to be pretty good.

7/10
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Dec 21, 2014 12:33 PM
Jun 2010
need a season 2
Dec 21, 2014 3:53 PM

Apr 2012
VN's art looked way better though

maybe the producers deliberately made the anime art shit to make people want to go buy VN
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Dec 21, 2014 5:14 PM

Apr 2012
Kaori finally wake up in parallel universe :D
Kenny future still does not appear. :/

and in universe where Kaori saved from that accident Sou seems the only one who remember about Yui.

Nice anime but honestly i don't satisfied with that ending. a few OVA about the epilogue maybe can help. 8/10

Dec 21, 2014 7:09 PM

Feb 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
Humm, they really need an OVA or two to tie things up.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2014

62 by Archean-Return »»
Feb 20, 12:54 PM

Poll: » Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

62 by NoviSun »»
Jul 22, 2023 11:34 PM

» Low score??? ( 1 2 )

SakurasouBusters - Oct 19, 2014

57 by Crimson_poetry86 »»
Jun 10, 2023 3:46 AM

Poll: » Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2014

46 by Gringo5959 »»
Sep 26, 2022 3:10 PM

Poll: » Which girl are you pairing Sou with?

sas4ha9 - Oct 4, 2014

14 by White_Alice »»
Apr 22, 2022 9:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.