Forum Settings
Forums

[Fall 2014] What do you think is the best anime this season?

New
Dec 13, 2014 7:36 PM

Dec 2013
So the season coming to the end, lets discuss the best anime in this Fall
Honestly this Fall really disappoints me. What we rely to call good here is a remake of an anime 8 years ago ( F/SN), a sequel from that same time (Mushishi), an advertising anime for a live action that has 20 year old source ( Parasite). Most of the others are either not satisfied or too generic.
My top 2 belong to Mushishi and Parasite, and I'm thinking about the 3rd spot. Thought ?
moonnyaDec 18, 2014 8:52 AM
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 13, 2014 7:43 PM
May 2014
I'd say Shingeki no Bahamut deserves top 3 at least.
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
Dec 13, 2014 7:45 PM

Jul 2010
I would say Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso though Bahamut has a really high fun factor. Fate might be on the top 3 once it finishes by summer though right now I think it falls short.
Dec 13, 2014 7:46 PM

Jul 2012
yeah so shigatsu's still my one and only love. all that chopin got me feels tangled up

moonnya said:
We all know that Mushishi and Parasite is in top 2

bruh... 8(
Dec 13, 2014 7:51 PM
May 2014
FatefulLove said:
I would say Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso though Bahamut has a really high fun factor. Fate might be on the top 3 once it finishes by summer though right now I think it falls short.

Fate's writing and characters are rather weak. The amazing visuals, action, soundtrack and directing can't make up for it. Shigatsu has some wacky pace, exagarated inner monologues and unrealistic dialogue for 14 year olds. Bahamut has some flaws here and there, but they're not as big as the aforementioned.
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
Dec 13, 2014 7:53 PM

Oct 2012
kikohunter said:
FatefulLove said:

Fate's writing and characters are rather weak. The amazing visuals, action, soundtrack and directing can't make up for it. Shigatsu has some wacky pace, exagarated inner monologues and unrealistic dialogue for 14 year olds. Bahamut has some flaws here and there, but they're not as big as the aforementioned.

The problem with Fate is each route is something like 20+ hours long in the VN and most of the first half is foreshadowing the big twists in the second half.
Dec 13, 2014 7:54 PM

Jun 2013
It's obviously the MeMeMe!! short. I mean, it has fan-service and absolutely fantastic autotuned music that would rival the likes of legends such as Nikki Minaj.
Dec 13, 2014 7:57 PM

Oct 2012
FloatsBoats said:
It's obviously the MeMeMe!! short. I mean, it has fan-service and absolutely fantastic autotuned music that would rival the likes of legends such as Nikki Minaj.

Me!Me!Me! might actually be the best work to air this year, sure its an AMV but its so thoughtful and well put together its honestly incredible.
Dec 13, 2014 7:59 PM

Jul 2010
kikohunter said:

Yea, I definitely don't see Fate in the fall to be one of the top 3. I could imagine it might do well in spring (haven't seen the anime chart). As for Shigatsu, though I can't argue those points at all, I just really buy it and almost nothing (referring to anime in general) really feels forced to the point that would make it a negative thing. Feels just kind of hit really easily for me (I would say that I think much more subjectively than objectively. ). For Bahamut, I do agree. I think some nostalgic feelings is definitely boosting how I see it.
FatefulLoveDec 13, 2014 8:05 PM
Dec 13, 2014 7:59 PM

Feb 2013
Well the best of the season imo is Gundam Build Fighter Try, so I guess that counts as my vote.
Dec 13, 2014 9:05 PM

Dec 2013
I feel like the best anime this season is shigatsu wa Kimi no uso by a considerable margin
A faint clap of thunder,
Clouded skies,
Perhaps rain will come.
If so, will you stay here with me?
Yukari Yukino
A faint clap of thunder,
Even if rain comes or not,
I will stay here,
Together with you.
Takao Akizuki
Dec 13, 2014 9:06 PM

Jul 2012
Why are people mentioning Kiseijuu in the comments yet it has no votes? Befuddled...
Dec 13, 2014 9:09 PM

Oct 2012
mayukachan said:
Why are people mentioning Kiseijuu in the comments yet it has no votes? Befuddled...
Cause its not the third best, its the best! The title and the poll are confusing.
Dec 13, 2014 9:10 PM

Apr 2013
mayukachan said:
OP has implied Kiseijuu is top 2.
A better question would be why are people still mentioning it...

Dec 13, 2014 9:16 PM

Dec 2014
I'm surprised Parasyte hardly has any votes. Personally, it is tied with Gogure Kokkuri-san. Third place is Donten ni Warau.
Dec 13, 2014 9:22 PM

Jun 2014
My lie in april for sure.
Dec 13, 2014 9:40 PM

Jul 2014
Nope. ShiroBako is no.1 so no.3 is either Mushishi or Parasyte.
Dec 13, 2014 9:46 PM

Dec 2013
Hiryu12 said:
mayukachan said:
OP has implied Kiseijuu is top 2.
A better question would be why are people still mentioning it...

actually the poll question and the tittle is different, I was just write 2 ways for the LOL.
Dec 13, 2014 10:24 PM
Jul 2018
Girlfriend Kari was so legit, don't even try to say otherwise. Definitely best anime 2014.
Dec 13, 2014 10:25 PM

Jun 2014
Naisto said:
Girlfriend Kari was so legit, don't even try to say otherwise. Definitely best anime 2014.

Has Miss Monochrome so its cool.
Dec 13, 2014 10:34 PM

Nov 2012
Garo should be first. Don't care about the order of anything else, that's all subjective. Garo being top is objective.
TyrelDec 14, 2014 12:53 AM
Dec 13, 2014 11:42 PM

Oct 2014
Everywhere I go, these four always come up:

Fate/Stay Night UBW
Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Shingeki no Bahamut

In social media such as Facebook, the first three I write up there is the most mentioned (and hailed as the top 3), with Bahamut being in the top 15 (But mentioned quite a lot as well).

Mushishi, in the other hand, only MAL that I saw place it on first. In social media, it falls short to the 30+th place.
HOW TO SAVE ANIME IN THREE SIMPLE STEPS

1. To have Mars of Destruction, Skelter Heaven, and Pupa properly adapted in TV series form by Madhouse
  2. To have Inferno Cop properly adapted in TV series form by Bones, director: Urobuchi Gen
  3. An anime crossover of Mushishi x ARIA x Haibane Renmei.

Should even one of the above conditions cannot be done, anime is still at risk.
Dec 13, 2014 11:43 PM

Jul 2012
^ Actually, on Facebook, it's like:

Psycho Pass
Amagi Brill Park
Fate/SN
Shigatsu
Kiseijuu
Dec 13, 2014 11:47 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
You just couldn't wait two more weeks could you -.-
Dec 13, 2014 11:47 PM

Jul 2012
HaXXspetten said:

LOOL this ^
But I think mostly everyone has a general idea of what they're AOTS's are.
Dec 13, 2014 11:49 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
mayukachan said:
HaXXspetten said:

LOOL this ^
for what they're watching yes, but I think most people save a lot of shows for marathoning by the season's ending instead (I know I do at least), and a lot of people don't watch airing anime at all
Dec 13, 2014 11:58 PM

Feb 2010
mayukachan said:
HaXXspetten said:

LOOL this ^

Well, given how Mushishi was set in stone for the position beforehand that's not a hard feat :>.

But seriously, I do think that 2-cour shows can still change a lot to the worse in their second half so at least that group of shows may be too early to tell. Especially Garo feels like it's just getting started and will just get better and better.
I probably regret this post by now.
Dec 14, 2014 12:10 AM

Oct 2014
mayukachan said:

Psycho Pass
Amagi Brill Park
Fate/SN
Shigatsu
Kiseijuu

Yeah, I follow Anitrendz too. Bahamut was on the chart last week, but now it moved back to top 15. The top 3 always a switch between FSN, Kiseijuu, and Shigatsu. Psycho pass isn't always on top 5, though. Amagi is.

1. To have Mars of Destruction, Skelter Heaven, and Pupa properly adapted in TV series form by Madhouse
  2. To have Inferno Cop properly adapted in TV series form by Bones, director: Urobuchi Gen

Dec 14, 2014 12:14 AM

Oct 2014
mayukachan said:

Psycho Pass
Amagi Brill Park
Fate/SN
Shigatsu
Kiseijuu

Yeah, I follow Anitrendz too. Bahamut was on the chart last week, but now it's no longer in the chart. Top 3, by now, will probably switch between FSN, Shigatsu, Kiseijuu.

here is the chart if some of you probably wonder (this week only)

New_-Dec 14, 2014 12:17 AM

Dec 14, 2014 1:52 AM

Dec 2013
FloatingList said:
mayukachan said:

Psycho Pass
Amagi Brill Park
Fate/SN
Shigatsu
Kiseijuu

Yeah, I follow Anitrendz too. Bahamut was on the chart last week, but now it's no longer in the chart. Top 3, by now, will probably switch between FSN, Shigatsu, Kiseijuu.

If I remember right, Anitrend is one of the few polls that have girls take part in, together with Charapedia and some small polls on MAL. Most other polls I see, in Reddit for example, has at least 90% male. I guess that girls dont have any anime community except Facebook (or this site).
anyway, how could Wixoss be on top 10 every week? its unpopular as Mushishi this season.
Dec 14, 2014 2:17 AM
Nov 2010
I voted for Parasyte as I really like how it's produced and also the story. I'm hoping it'll be a good one all the way to the end since it's a finished manga.
Other Fall 2014 anime I like most are:
1) Shingeki no Bahamut - I wasn't expecting this to be anything good, I'm glad I started watching it.
2) Psycho Pass 2 - Continuation from the first season
Dec 14, 2014 2:23 AM

Feb 2014
Bahamut has been the most consistently entertaining, thats why I'am voting for it

The other three (Parasyte, Shigatsu and Fate Stay Night) are all just as strong but less consistent. However it is still to early to have clear cut winner.
Dec 14, 2014 2:29 AM

Dec 2013
Voting for Bahamut since it's just so much fun, I probably enjoyed it most of the airing stuff this year overall.

But Parasyte is probably objctively even better, it's really amazing now and I think it might get even better later on.

Also, I must mention Fate/Stay Night since I still think it's really good.

Alsooo, I have put Shigatsu on-hold, because such feels anime can only be marathoned.
Dec 14, 2014 2:34 AM

Jul 2014
I'm voting for Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis. But in all honesty, that me!me!me! short dominates everything this year.
"Hi!"
Dec 14, 2014 2:39 AM

Jan 2011
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Naisto said:

Has Miss Monochrome so its cool.
The only reason I'm going to watch it is because I saw she was in it.
Dec 14, 2014 2:40 AM

Oct 2013
This season I only watch Bahamut, Psycho-Pass, and Kimiuso, so I vote for Bahamut for giving me the most fun.
Dec 14, 2014 2:42 AM

May 2014
Maybe Fate/Stay Night deserve the 3rd place
“Be the heroine of your life, not the victim.”
"Just don't overdo it"
*nods*
Dec 14, 2014 3:36 AM

Apr 2014
M3k4toku said:
I'm voting for Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis. But in all honesty, that me!me!me! short dominates everything this year.
It definitely did ;)
Dec 14, 2014 3:37 AM

Feb 2013
Psycho-Pass 2,Cuz.......PUPPIES!!!!
Dec 14, 2014 3:42 AM

Apr 2014
I just noticed that TerraFormars isn't an option to pick. I wonder why....
Not that I was gonna vote it anyway, Shingeki no Bahamut is the most enjoyable show of the season and it has some originality to it, which is always nice.
Dec 14, 2014 4:01 AM

Oct 2014
moonnya said:
FloatingList said:

If I remember right, Anitrend is one of the few polls that have girls take part in, together with Charapedia and some small polls on MAL. Most other polls I see, in Reddit for example, has at least 90% male. I guess that girls dont have any anime community except Facebook (or this site).
anyway, how could Wixoss be on top 10 every week? its unpopular as Mushishi this season.

I've checked reddit, and yeah, I can see quite clearly how males "dominate" the poll.

What actually surprises (and confuses) me is the fact that Bahamut's position doesn't seem to be "equal" with the enormous amount of praises it gets. 7.92 average in MAL (That is after dropping by 0.02) and barely makes it to anitrendz chart (just got de-throned) despite the fact that both MAL and anitrendz actually praise it just as highly as the current (but still arguable) top 3 (FSN, kiseijuu, kimiuso).

As for Wixoss, Idk. And the fact that Mushishi is (highly) unpopular still saddens me, yet it's understandable.

Dec 14, 2014 4:07 AM

Dec 2013
I seriously need to watch second season of WIXOSS to see if it is as mediocre as the first.
Dec 14, 2014 4:07 AM

Dec 2012
Gugure Kokkuri-san,because it's the best comedy of this season for me. but that's just my unpopular opinion
Dec 14, 2014 5:11 AM

Jun 2014
robis798 said:
I seriously need to watch second season of WIXOSS to see if it is as mediocre as the first.

In what ways is the first season of WIXOSS mediocre? It's got a pretty good storyline despite it being based on a card game, which in actual fact isn't even the main focus of the series.

My top 3:
Parasyte
Spread WIXOSS
Amaburi Park

Saving FSN, Mushishi and Bahamut for later.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Dec 14, 2014 5:27 AM

Dec 2013
FireEmblemIke24 said:
robis798 said:

In what ways is the first season of WIXOSS mediocre? It's got a pretty good storyline despite it being based on a card game, which in actual fact isn't even the main focus of the series.

Well I'm pretty biased about it, I don't think it is that bad.

I think all of girl characters are pathetic whiny bitches, not to mention that all these darker themes don't mix well with some card game.

Madoka is better.
Dec 14, 2014 5:44 AM

Apr 2012
Surprised to see FSN doing so well. Or maybe not, the fanboys are strong with the FSN franchise. But really UBW has been rather weak so far. Its not even in my Top 3 this season.
Dec 14, 2014 6:06 AM

Jun 2014
OP, you should've waited at least two weeks for the season to be over before doing this and at the very least include all the titles (how could you forget Terra Formars?)

Personally, Parasyte all the way.
From a technical standpoint:
-Great charater designs and art (I'm not a fan of moe or those highly unrealistical facial features so the art her suits me).
-Good animation as expected from Madhouse.
-Soundtracks could be better but I still find them to be very good. Dubstep doesn't bother me. Since it has the horror tag, i would've liked it to have more gregorian tracks like say Death Note but there are still several eargasmic ones nonetheless.
For the story:
-Interesting premise accompanied by good execution and a coherent plot
-Perfect pacing.
-Charaters: The main cast is fantastic. I absolutely love Migi and Shinichi and the latter's development has been astonishing. All the parasytes are interesting and intimidating. Sadly, besides kana I find all the non-parasyte supporting cast to be very boring. I hope that changes.
-Action could be better. Most fights are still rather poorly choreographed besides a few ones.
-It is very rich thematically.

Currently a 9/10 for me.

SnB is second with an 8.
Dec 14, 2014 6:08 AM

Jun 2014
robis798 said:
FireEmblemIke24 said:

Well I'm pretty biased about it, I don't think it is that bad.

I think all of girl characters are pathetic whiny bitches, not to mention that all these darker themes don't mix well with some card game.

Madoka is better.

The thing is with Ruuko is that she's less hesitant when it comes to making important decisions but with Madoka she's sitting there being idle the majority of time which kind of irritates me(well we can't expect much from a middle schooler). Both are good series but I prefer the WIXOSS series over Madoka Magica simply due to the fact that the plot twists are appearing out of the blue. The dark themes don't work well, that's bullshit. Sure it might not be action-orientated like Parasyte but the reason why many people watch WIXOSS is mainly because of the plot.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Dec 14, 2014 6:24 AM

Jun 2014
If we compare the results of this thread made at the beginning of the season to the current one, it seems like FSN has been a dissapointment. Either that, or Parasyte has been just better
Dec 14, 2014 6:26 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Agafin said:
If we compare the results of this thread made at the beginning of the season to the current one, it seems like FSN has been a dissapointment. Either that, or Parasyte has been just better
tbf the majority of UBW's greatness is in its second half
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What will be the next KyoAni project? Tell me your thoughts. ( 1 2 )

Pinoffin - Yesterday

70 by MichaelJackson »»
12 minutes ago

» MULTIPLE UNRELATED anime that you think could be set in the same anime universe

IpreferEcchi - 11 hours ago

16 by cyandaqil »»
16 minutes ago

» Is there an anime character who looks like you in real life?

Alpha_1_Zero - 3 hours ago

8 by tchitchouan »»
19 minutes ago

Poll: » Legs or arms?

Absurdo_N - 5 hours ago

21 by luckyrune »»
24 minutes ago

» Do you fantasize about anime while you sleep?

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 24

31 by 707supremacist »»
24 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.