Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (33) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 13, 2014 10:32 AM

Sep 2012
>That fight
>Those effects
>That archer and Shinji moment
YOOOOOOOOO tennoutaten
Oh god who are you people?
Dec 13, 2014 10:32 AM
Sep 2012
chickenonthepan said:
metsujin said:
Man I don't like how they're handling Shirou's character... Well not all things are so great about this.

So what you don't like?
Probably the unsatisfactory representation of his inner thoughts.
Dec 13, 2014 10:35 AM

Sep 2008
And here it is, a fight between Caster's master and Saber. Always hated that part in VN.

Surprisingly enough, I liked it here. I guess animation makes hell of a difference.

Other than that, it was great, nothing to add.
Dec 13, 2014 10:35 AM

Feb 2013
Yeah, I mean, Fai's a bit over the top there, but he's got a point about Rin getting more than Shirou there.
Dec 13, 2014 10:36 AM
Sep 2012
Vanisher said:
>New master says he doesn't care about the war and that caster can do whatever she wants
>Then he tells caster to stop fighting

Yeah totally makes sense.
And once AGAIN an enemy is introduced the same way.
"Master…!? No, Saber is hurt. You should be able to defeat her again!"
"She is not someone who would fall for it twice. It is I who underestimated her.
I should have attacked her one more time."

http://lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update%20174/

Ufo dun goof'd
Dec 13, 2014 10:38 AM

Sep 2013
Pretty well done, imo
5/5
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 13, 2014 10:39 AM

Sep 2014
notJune said:
Vanisher said:
>New master says he doesn't care about the war and that caster can do whatever she wants

"She is not someone who would fall for it twice. It is I who underestimated her.

Ufo dun goof'd

This is true. Almost completely different. I knew something felt off....I know it didn't feel shonenyclichéd in the VN. Maybe it's cos of the lack of Rin points.
The sun is a deadly laser
Dec 13, 2014 10:40 AM

Sep 2013
Serge91 said:
Godly episode.
This time I really liked OST

I agree, the OST was a real standout in this episode. Great stuff.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 13, 2014 10:41 AM

Oct 2014
mira-lala said:
notJune said:

Ufo dun goof'd

This is true. Almost completely different. I knew something felt off....

Yeah I've seen people already commenting that he and Caster leave for no reason.
Dec 13, 2014 10:41 AM

Sep 2014
Can't wait to lecture the asspullers =3
Dec 13, 2014 10:43 AM

Sep 2013
Calm down people, I think they might add the reason for their withdrawal in the next episode.
Dec 13, 2014 10:44 AM

Feb 2013
mickdrew_99 said:
Calm down people, I think they might add the reason for their withdrawal in the next episode.

I feel they probably will too. Still... It was a mistake there.
Dec 13, 2014 10:45 AM

Feb 2010
Kamipriest said:
Vanisher said:

Because shirou pulling out the swords and them not being able to catch Saber by surprise a second time would really give caster the advantage right? Seriously do you think before you post?
notJune said:
Vanisher said:

Ufo dun goof'd

Except my fucking point was that he said that he doesn't care and that caster can do whatever she want YET he orders her, he just contradicted himself.

My post was never about that they should've stay and fight. People here sure love to misunderstand shit.
Dec 13, 2014 10:45 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Mike Tyson would be proud
Dec 13, 2014 10:46 AM

Oct 2014
Vanisher said:
Kamipriest said:

Because shirou pulling out the swords and them not being able to catch Saber by surprise a second time would really give caster the advantage right? Seriously do you think before you post?
notJune said:

Ufo dun goof'd

Except my fucking point was that he said that he doesn't care and that caster can do whatever she want YET he orders her, he just contradicted himself.

My post was never about that they should've stay and fight. People here sure love to misunderstand shit.

Except he said that when he wasn't planning on being involved, and then they involved him so he started making decisions. I don't see what you're having a problem with.
Dec 13, 2014 10:46 AM

Jul 2013
Vanisher said:
Kamipriest said:

notJune said:

Ufo dun goof'd

If they didn't attack him, he didn't care but the evils Emiya and Rien tried to kill him so the innocent teacher care.
Dec 13, 2014 10:47 AM

Sep 2013
Vanisher said:
Kamipriest said:

notJune said:

Ufo dun goof'd

He does not care about Caster's doings, but if his own life is in danger he's ready to command her. If they'd continued fighting, they would've been killed by Saber most likely. As he said, he underestimated Saber, therefore he decided it would be the best to retreat.
Dec 13, 2014 10:48 AM
Dec 2012
Nice episode but i got few questions since my memory about the VN is very faint:

GreenSnowDec 13, 2014 4:50 PM

Sep 2013
Kami_no_Kage said:
mickdrew_99 said:

Only cause we have to wait a week for it. Anyone who marathons the show will have no problem if they do explain next ep

Sep 2014
cupc said:
Vanisher said:

He does not care about Caster's doings, but if his own life is in danger he's ready to command her. If they'd continued fighting, they would've been killed by Saber most likely. As he said, he underestimated Saber, therefore he decided it would be the best to retreat.

Did he even say that in the anime? IIRC, from my raw watching, he said,
"Wait. That's enough, Caster."

Or something along the lines of that.
Dec 13, 2014 10:50 AM

Apr 2011
WTF that teacher is op as fuck, he can 1v1 saber.
Dec 13, 2014 10:51 AM

Oct 2014
mira-lala said:
cupc said:

Did he even say that in the anime? IIRC, from my raw watching, he said,
"Wait. That's enough, Caster."

Or something along the lines of that.

Before the fight he says Caster can do what she wants. That was before they attacked him, he didnt plan on fighting so he didnt play on giving orders. The fact that this guy has an issue with it is beyond me.
Dec 13, 2014 10:51 AM

Feb 2013
mickdrew_99 said:
Kami_no_Kage said:

Only cause we have to wait a week for it. Anyone who marathons the show will have no problem if they do explain next ep

Well, that much is true yeah, I see your point there.

Valaskjalf said:

Caster Reinforced his limbs much like Shirou Reinforces objects.
Dec 13, 2014 10:52 AM

Oct 2012
It would have been hilarious if Kuzuki just swept in and tore Shirou to pieces in the middle of his projection sequence. "Yeah no."
Sep 2012
LitzSabr said:
How did a human managed to hurt a servant. I call Bullshit.

Glad a certain douche is back to save the anime.

Since Caster is a mage, she can use Reinforcement magecraft to give Kuzuki abnormal strength to fight against a servant.

May 2011
this episode was fantastic ! the shirou projection was damn epic !
Dec 13, 2014 10:53 AM
Dec 2012
Vanisher said:

Perhaps he respects her choices but prioritizes her well-being? Once Saber was up, she was already familiar with sensei's skills so defeating her would be way harder.

Aug 2010
This again hahahaha:

Sep 2012
Vanisher said:
Kamipriest said:

notJune said:

Ufo dun goof'd

Chill bro, chill.

Anyways, what's he gonna do if Caster is kill? Then his life is in danger. Also he was saying that he'd overlook her methods, this was a situation where the wrong decision would probably end in his death.

Nov 2013
By the way, Rin called Shirou by his first name in this episode. So yeah..

Not sure why I said that.
Dec 13, 2014 10:54 AM

Sep 2013
nocorras said:

Before the fight he says Caster can do what she wants. That was before they attacked him, he didnt plan on fighting so he didnt play on giving orders. The fact that this guy has an issue with it is beyond me.

Also Saber went after Kuzuki - she was targeting him when he said to withdraw.

Sep 2014
Valaskjalf said:

No, no. Caster reinforces him. Did you see that purple glow in his hands and legs? That's Caster's magic =3 Plus, his skillz were a surprise. It won't work a second time. Plus, Saber's instinct faltered.

Oct 2014
BotatoPriest said:

I thought she's called him by his first name before in the anime.

Feb 2013
GreenSnow said:
Vanisher said:

Perhaps he respects her choices but prioritizes her well-being? Once Saber was up, she was already familiar with sensei's skills so defeating her would be way harder.

You... I like you!
Dec 13, 2014 10:56 AM
Sep 2012
Also if Caster is dead he has no buffs and will be killed by Saber.

Sep 2013
mira-lala said:
Valaskjalf said:

No, no. Caster reinforces him. Did you see that purple glow in his hands and legs? That's Caster's magic =3 Plus, his skillz were a surprise. It won't work a second time. Plus, Saber's instinct faltered.

Did she reinforce his speed or ability to stop Saber's sword with his knee?

lololol shonen hax

Nov 2013
nocorras said:
BotatoPriest said:

I thought she's called him by his first name before in the anime.
She did? I can't recall tbh. All I remember is "Emiya-kun."
Dec 13, 2014 10:57 AM

Sep 2014
BotatoPriest said:

I'm almost sure it's not the first time in the anime. But yeah, she seldom does that.
Dec 13, 2014 10:58 AM

Aug 2014
It's not, there was at least one other instance, when she was shooting the gandr orbs at him back in episode 5 or so.

Also just rewatched the fight without lag and holy shit it is amazing.
Dec 13, 2014 11:02 AM
Dec 2012
Kami_no_Kage said:

You... I like you!

And i really like your picture/signature :)
Dec 13, 2014 11:02 AM

Oct 2009
What I got from this episode: Shirou > Saber. I thought it was the other way around.. :D
Dec 13, 2014 11:04 AM

Mar 2014
Woow such an awesome fight, great ost as usual, can't wait for more
Dec 13, 2014 11:05 AM

Mar 2012
Vanisher did you miss the part where they tried to kill him?
Also as for them retreating it makes sense Saber is Magus killer, she has a very high magic resistance making her Caster prob worse match up. Caster needs to be in her workshop to improve her chances.
Dec 13, 2014 11:06 AM

Apr 2011
This episode was awesome. Dat fight was so epic between Emiya and the Mage. Can't wait until next week.
HikarusukeDec 13, 2014 1:14 PM
Dec 13, 2014 11:06 AM
Jun 2014
10/10 as usual, simply loved it. Kuzuki and Shirou really looked like badasses.

Especially the last scene was great, I could listen to him all day..
Dec 13, 2014 11:07 AM

Aug 2014
TheDodo said:
What I got from this episode: Shirou > Saber. I thought it was the other way around.. :D

Saber is still stronger. It just so happens that while Shirou knew exactly what kind of monster he was facing, Saber thought he was just some random normal human, so she severely underestimated him and was too stunned to react in time to his first strike to the back of her neck, which disoriented her, making her unable to fight properly. Additionally, Shirou had time to observe his fighting style. In the VN it's stated that now that Saber is used to it, he wouldn't be able to defeat her again. Furthermore, to elaborate on what Forgetfulnes said;
(not sure if they is a spoiler, but yeah)
Dec 13, 2014 11:10 AM

Oct 2014
VanishingKira said:
Nice,a good episode for once.

Asspull by Shirou but whatever since it fit the intense atmosphere and was actually awesome (and got me excited) for once.Reminded me/reminiscence of the vibes I had watching F/Z.

There's our asspulls :D
Dec 13, 2014 11:12 AM
Jul 2018
Insanely awesome episode! The animation and OST is, once again, god like! Ufo is doing a great job

notJune said:
That was beautiful, best episode yet.

I agree, I was looking forward to this part and it exceeded my expectations :D
Pages (33) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

1042 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

856 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

2751 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

903 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

708 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 14, 1:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.