15th Anniversary
Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
View Poll Results: Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!
 
483 75.23%
4 out of 5: Liked it
 
92 14.33%
3 out of 5: It was OK
 
39 6.07%
2 out of 5: Disliked it
 
11 1.71%
1 out of 5: Hated it
 
17 2.65%
Voters: 642

#1
Dec 13, 2014 7:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 114031
[b]THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION THREAD. DO NOT DISCUSS THE VISUAL NOVEL BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
- This thread is only about this episode / this anime. If you want to discuss (future) events in the VN or Fate/Zero, compare the anime with the VN or Fate/Zero etc. please use separate threads. Example: UBW General Discussion
- Do not spam in this thread. This isn't a chat thread or your twitter.
- Do not ask where to watch this episode or post links to the episode.
- Trolling/baiting will not be tolerated.


For more information see also the Anime Series Episode Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.[/b]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So they are still hunting for Caster? Fun. Welp, they mentioned Kuzuki. Really found the atmosphere of this episode to be thrilling. Even Issei is scared:



Oh shit it is the teacher. Best sensei ever. Action & OST was good and wow, Kazuki is quite something with his techniques.

Modified by Tyrel, Dec 14, 2014 12:47 AM
 
#2
Dec 13, 2014 7:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 16140
First

Now I just have to wait for a few hours Kappa Kappa
 
#3
Dec 13, 2014 7:15 AM
something here

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 10802
That glasses removal though, damn.
 
#4
Dec 13, 2014 7:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 2834
I have to mention again, ufotable can make some hilarious faces:



Beautiful. Get rekt.
 
#5
Dec 13, 2014 7:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 263
Saber got rekt. I love it when people in-universe bully Saber.
 
#6
Dec 13, 2014 7:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 258
For some reason....Issei is...lol...kinda remembered previous week when Shirou forced to strip his clothes XD
"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous"


PROJECT-ERASER
 
#7
Dec 13, 2014 7:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 21873
And the historical heroic spirit takes a good lesson from the best history teacher. Don't underestimate the modern world, old hag.

:p

Dream sequence at the beginning was nice, finally they decided not to cut it out.
 
#8
Dec 13, 2014 7:20 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 1936
TRACUUU ONNN

 
#9
Dec 13, 2014 7:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 849
To be honest all that blue lightning on shirou looked dumb for me.
 
Dec 13, 2014 7:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 166
CapsuleCore said:
I have to mention again, ufotable can make some hilarious faces:



Beautiful. Get rekt.


beautiful indeed
 
Dec 13, 2014 7:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 2834
Apparently "shounen" is an adjective to describe blue lightning. Learned something new again.
 
Dec 13, 2014 7:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 114031
 
Dec 13, 2014 7:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 3459
BotatoPriest said:
And the historical heroic spirit takes a good lesson from the best history teacher. Don't underestimate the modern world, old hag.

:p

Dream sequence at the beginning was nice, finally they decided not to cut it out.


Was Rin talking or it was it just visual?
 
Dec 13, 2014 7:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 849
CapsuleCore said:
Apparently "shounen" is an adjective to describe blue lightning. Learned something new again.


Yes shounen was not the right word, it looked stupid. It was only there for the sake of looking flashy.
 
Dec 13, 2014 7:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 996

OnePunch-Sensei :D
Saber got a special lesson and Shirou is bad ass.
The blond guy is awesome.
Poor Issei too, good episode.
 
Dec 13, 2014 7:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 21873
nocorras said:
BotatoPriest said:
And the historical heroic spirit takes a good lesson from the best history teacher. Don't underestimate the modern world, old hag.

:p

Dream sequence at the beginning was nice, finally they decided not to cut it out.


Was Rin talking or it was it just visual?
Talking.
 
Dec 13, 2014 7:25 AM
something here

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 10802
I might have made a comment on how it would have been better with foreshadowing.....but all I can say is holy fucking shit that was awesome. Kuzuki was beastly.
And that projection scene.
Quite like goldie's theme.

This face was kind of amusing.
 
Dec 13, 2014 7:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 17351
Agreed about the lighting.Maybe they wanted to make a point of how much he was forcing it.

I only saw Kuzuki's stance and a bit of lighting.Slave scene was ok.Apparently live streaming cant handle fight scenes.
 
Dec 13, 2014 7:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 9013
Saber got rekt, 10/10 ufo. Too bad I didn't get to see her suffering face =3

Dat Kuzuki tho. Everyone got rekt XD

And the blonde foreigner *u*
The sun is a deadly laser
 
Dec 13, 2014 7:29 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23708
Good execution for the fight, decent execution for the stuff that happens

Lol RIn yet again has more monologues than the damn main character of the show now, I give up, ufo. Keep dumbing SHirou down...I give up.

Saber getting destroyed is brilliant
 
Dec 13, 2014 7:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 170
I'm still recovering from all the awesome that was that beating + first projection (though more so the beating. Damn was Kuzuki amazing).

Also, I really liked the BGM playing at the blonde foreigner scene.
UBW is basically a route about three tsunderes constantly bashing their heads against one another.
 
Dec 13, 2014 7:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 9013
It looked really shoneny, the projecton scene. Typical;
>My waifu is gonna die
>I can't let my waifu die
>Do what it takes for my waifu not to die
>Will create an asspull for my waifu not to die
>TRACE ON.
The sun is a deadly laser
 
Dec 13, 2014 7:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 2834
Shounen is still not the correct adjective you want to use.
 
Dec 13, 2014 7:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23708
Hey at least Ufo managed for first time to showcase that Shirou cares about RIn. Despite the fact it should have been obvious for at least five eps now

Eitherway, awaiting shitstorm once subs come out.
 
Dec 13, 2014 7:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 9013
CapsuleCore said:
Shounen is still not the correct adjective you want to use.


I know. But it was the first thing that jumped in my head.
The sun is a deadly laser
 
Dec 13, 2014 7:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 2482
Raziel1991 said:
To be honest all that blue lightning on shirou looked dumb for me.


Agreed. Don't know what they were thinking.
 
Dec 13, 2014 7:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 21873
mira-lala said:
It looked really shoneny, the projecton scene. Typical;
>My waifu is gonna die
>I can't let my waifu die
>Do what it takes for my waifu not to die
>Will create an asspull for my waifu not to die
>TRACE ON.
Except Saber is not his waifu. She's his brother in arms.
 
Dec 13, 2014 7:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 263
Shinji's new friend is so patient. I would already smack Shinji with my fist.

Also, now we need to update the bad end thread.
Modified by fateoffate, Dec 13, 2014 7:37 AM
 
Dec 13, 2014 7:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 996
The most bad ass character is here:
 
Dec 13, 2014 7:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 849
HentaiPriest said:
Maybe they wanted to make a point of how much he was forcing it.



They could have done that by showing his magic circuit
 
Dec 13, 2014 7:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 9013
BotatoPriest said:
mira-lala said:
It looked really shoneny, the projecton scene. Typical;
>My waifu is gonna die
>I can't let my waifu die
>Do what it takes for my waifu not to die
>Will create an asspull for my waifu not to die
>TRACE ON.
Except Saber is not his waifu. She's his brother in arms.


I was talking about Rin. He said Rin. Aren't you rejoicing?
The sun is a deadly laser
 
Dec 13, 2014 7:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 17351
Darkdrone said:
Raziel1991 said:
To be honest all that blue lightning on shirou looked dumb for me.


Agreed. Don't know what they were thinking.

First not fully hollow projection, first NP projection, WAY TOO forced projection, too much strain to the body.
Add effects to make a point.

Raziel1991 said:
HentaiPriest said:
Maybe they wanted to make a point of how much he was forcing it.



They could have done that by showing his magic circuit
Doesnt look painful enough.
 
Dec 13, 2014 7:36 AM
something here

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 10802
fateoffate said:
Shinji's new friend is so patient. I would already smack Shinji with my fist.

Also, now we need to update the bad end thread.

 
Dec 13, 2014 7:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 2482
HentaiPriest said:
Darkdrone said:


Agreed. Don't know what they were thinking.

First not fully hollow projection, first NP projection, WAY TOO forced projection, too much strain to the body.
Add effects to make a point.


Its not my thing man. Everything else about the episode was great. Just a small nitpick and nothing more.
 
Dec 13, 2014 7:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 21873
mira-lala said:
BotatoPriest said:
Except Saber is not his waifu. She's his brother in arms.


I was talking about Rin. He said Rin. Aren't you rejoicing?
It's you, I always assume your post is about Saber unless otherwise stated.
 
Dec 13, 2014 7:37 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 7317
^ Still not necessary though, I mean he's bleeding through his face sockets.
 
Dec 13, 2014 7:37 AM
something here

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 10802
BotatoPriest said:
mira-lala said:
It looked really shoneny, the projecton scene. Typical;
>My waifu is gonna die
>I can't let my waifu die
>Do what it takes for my waifu not to die
>Will create an asspull for my waifu not to die
>TRACE ON.
Except Saber is not his waifu. She's his brother in arms.

Rin was the one in more danger, and why he did it.
 
Dec 13, 2014 7:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23708
BotatoPriest said:
mira-lala said:
It looked really shoneny, the projecton scene. Typical;
>My waifu is gonna die
>I can't let my waifu die
>Do what it takes for my waifu not to die
>Will create an asspull for my waifu not to die
>TRACE ON.
Except Saber is not his waifu. She's his brother in arms.


We are talking about Rin.

Because all SHirou did before projection was "OH CRAP RIN'S GONNA DIE"
 
Dec 13, 2014 7:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 2834
Darkdrone said:
Raziel1991 said:
To be honest all that blue lightning on shirou looked dumb for me.


Agreed. Don't know what they were thinking.
ufotable took sparking Magic Circuits too literal I assume.

Like this:

 
Dec 13, 2014 7:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 263
InsertPriestHere said:
fateoffate said:
Shinji's new friend is so patient. I would already smack Shinji with my fist.

Also, now we need to update the bad end thread.


 
Dec 13, 2014 7:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 17351
WrongPriest said:
^ Still not necessary though, I mean he's bleeding through his face sockets.

Are we really saying that when we worry about people accepting that Saber was rekted by History sensei using Caster's buffs?
 
Dec 13, 2014 7:39 AM
something here

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 10802
CapsuleCore said:
Darkdrone said:


Agreed. Don't know what they were thinking.
ufotable took sparking Magic Circuits too literal I assume.

Like this:


If they'd shown the circuits inside the body as it was in the VN, it might have looked better. No idea why they went for this instead. More effect, I guess.
 
Dec 13, 2014 7:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23708
InsertPriestHere said:
CapsuleCore said:
ufotable took sparking Magic Circuits too literal I assume.

Like this:


If they'd shown the circuits inside the body as it was in the VN, it might have looked better. No idea why they went for this instead. More effect, I guess.


They did show them,.
 
Dec 13, 2014 7:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 849
InsertPriestHere said:
CapsuleCore said:
ufotable took sparking Magic Circuits too literal I assume.

Like this:


If they'd shown the circuits inside the body as it was in the VN, it might have looked better. No idea why they went for this instead. More effect, I guess.


yeah thats exactly what I think as well
 
Dec 13, 2014 7:41 AM
something here

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 10802
CookingPriest said:
InsertPriestHere said:

If they'd shown the circuits inside the body as it was in the VN, it might have looked better. No idea why they went for this instead. More effect, I guess.


They did show them,.

I meant for the sparking part. I did catch a glimpse of them before he started his projection, though it was lagging too much for me to tell if that was actually what it was.
 
Dec 13, 2014 7:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 17351
Shirou's movements annoyed me more than the lighting.
 
Dec 13, 2014 7:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 2482
I gotta say I am enjoying Saber a lot more in this adaptation then in Fate Zero.
 
Dec 13, 2014 7:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 9013



Dat Kuzuki skillz tho. If only I could do that....
Modified by Tyrel, Dec 14, 2014 1:10 AM
The sun is a deadly laser
 
Dec 13, 2014 7:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 740
^I dunno why, but Kazuki looks a bit weird to me in that shot




I'M GAR FOR SHIROU
Modified by Tyrel, Dec 14, 2014 1:11 AM



 
Dec 13, 2014 7:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 996
mira-lala said:
Dat Kuzuki skillz tho. If only I could do that....

100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups and 100 squats along with running 10 km every single day.
 
Top
Pages (33) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »