Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 12, 2014 8:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, here comes Yuzuki's breakdown.

Decent pacing this episode and along with Tama's suffering, I thought it captured the mood quite well. Action was pretty great and I liked their choice of the OST (release date when) during the resonance scene.

Poor Yuki...

Really wonder how they will follow up with this.
Dec 12, 2014 9:26 AM
Jun 2011
next week is the finale i wonder if they will do like last season and change the name spread to third season name or everything will end next week
Dec 12, 2014 9:41 AM

Jul 2010
Hanayo meeting with Ruko and Hitoe. Talking about how she feels that she is betraying Yuzuki by actually falling in love with Kazuki.

To not grant the wish would endanger their lives! Having Kazuki know about the entire situation. The scene where Yuki and Tama's will was as one was pretty nice to grant Ruko's wish!

Tama being trapped like that to only look at the sky.

Mayu having a battle with Ruko. Yuki disappearing :( after Iona returned to her body. Yuki being unresponsive and Mayu is already dead in the real world.

O.o Last episode next week, how would they end this season!
Dec 12, 2014 9:48 AM

May 2013
Kazuki knows about everything now. I hope Hanayo's going to be okay. Ruko's wish is finally granted and is know able to enter that white room. Poor Yuki though. Can't wait for this last episode.
Dec 12, 2014 10:06 AM
Jul 2013
Didn't expect him to come to know everything... :/
Now what?
Dec 12, 2014 10:29 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Hanayo is such a good friend, refusing to betray Yuzuki even if it means she can grant her wish by being with Kazuki. Too bad, she actually did fall in love with him as Hanayo..

Kazuki is pretty adaptive and smart too; quickly figured that Mayu may also be suffering in the real world as well. Alas, she's already dead.

Ulith is still a bitch and a fitting LRIG for Mayu. Ruko could've won the battle only if Yuki didn't begin to fade. The moment Iona returned to her original body, it was all over for her.

Good episode with quite the cliffhanger. I really hope Yuki doesn't disappear and Tama can break free too..

Dec 12, 2014 10:30 AM

Oct 2010
God I love Ulith's character. Hopefully there'll be another season because it doesn't look like they can tie up all the loose ends in one episode.
Dec 12, 2014 10:37 AM

Apr 2010
Seems like things are not going as planned tho there is still one episode left and from the looks of it things are going to be interesting.
Will they be able to solve things and what will happen to Tama, Mayu and Yuki?
Dec 12, 2014 10:41 AM

Sep 2014
random ass shit making me hold my head in confusion....ugh

Madara31 said:
God I love Ulith's character. Hopefully there'll be another season because it doesn't look like they can tie up all the loose ends in one episode.

They [b]can[/b] do it, for sure. I'm expecting it under the precedent of what this series has been. I rather them tie everything up in an episode full of shit then having another season of shit pulled out of an asshole full of nothing.

Level 5 Ulith just has red lightling bolts around her...lame.
Darstorm-SandudeDec 12, 2014 10:47 AM
I don't consider myself a good judge.

trying not to be an obnoxious otaku
Dec 12, 2014 10:46 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
well that was dramatic
Dec 12, 2014 10:55 AM

Jul 2010
Uh oh , now Kazuki knows everything, so even the LRIG's who became GIRLs havea certain guilt in them.

So Mayu is dead for a long time, this is getting creepy. 1 more to go.
yeo
Dec 12, 2014 11:12 AM
Jan 2014
I don't think if Mayu was still physically alive would've mattered much, since she spent so much time in despair and in her imaginary world. We could say she was never properly alive in the first place.

I wonder how they will resolve the realization of her wish with just one episode remaining. The worldbuilding aspect of this anime in particular did not have enough reliable narration in my opinion. The characters also need some more space, it's too early for them to move on like this, given the current circumstances. Not to mention that some of the side characters weren't given enough screentime.

I definitely think we need at least a third season. I seriously hope it gets announced at the end of episode 12 or something. That single backdrop of Mayu was not enoough to justify her claims, plus the need for worldbuilding pretty much screams for more script.

WIXOSS still has great potential, and it would be pretty sad if it all gets wasted on next week's last episode.
ResidentDec 12, 2014 11:16 AM
Dec 12, 2014 11:36 AM
Mar 2013
darkreaver94 said:
Kazuki is a genius eh? He sure knew so much about it despite not being part of it most of the time.

Why do I feel that last episode will be...

I'm hoping for a happy ending where nobody vanishes or forgets (I hate null forget everything endings, because it makes all the character developement etc as if it never happened and no longer exist). It would be a good trade off in terms of the ending (unless they have a 3rd season planned) since the show has a lot of despair and suffering.
RoychopDec 13, 2014 8:07 AM
Dec 12, 2014 11:46 AM

Nov 2012
i really wonder how they're going to wrap this up with only 1 episode left.. mayu makes a pretty good "final boss" character though, especially with ulith.
Dec 12, 2014 12:13 PM

Jan 2013
I still cant see this ending , but at the same time i dont see how can this continue XD
My favorite anime this season , loving the atmospheare.I can also understand why is the backgrond drawn like its a painting and i think its because it looks like a picture story book for children.
Pazuzu95Dec 12, 2014 12:16 PM
Dec 12, 2014 3:27 PM

May 2014
Please that building in construction NEED TO MEAN SOMETHING IN THE END >.<
Dec 12, 2014 3:38 PM

Feb 2014
Well, I have a feeling Tama will figh Mayu with Ru.... that will be the finale.
Dec 12, 2014 4:05 PM
Jul 2018
Kazuki knows everything now.

Poor Yuki.
Dec 12, 2014 4:14 PM

Dec 2010
Everything is coming together...

Mayu and Ultih make a DEADLY combination. I don't think all of the characters will survive this series...

I expect Yuki to die at some point really soon.
Dec 12, 2014 5:13 PM

May 2013
I get it now, the LRIGs feel exactly like Mayu while they're in their cards watching the girls go about their lives. Dang.

Holy... another dark twist.

Interesting music choice.

Just WHO IS Ulith?

If Yuki's condition is like that, then Tama too...?

Lol just up and runnin'.

TOTALLY forgot about that place.

Oh. My. God.
Dec 12, 2014 5:16 PM

Jul 2012
Oh man, what an episode. :O

Really made me feel......all chilly and stuff......the way Ulith appeared, got her level 5 form.....Tama's wish? D:
Man oh man.....and......Mayu is dead?!
WHOA! What lol.
Pretty intense last few episodes, can't wait to see how it plays out in the final episode. :3
Dec 12, 2014 6:37 PM
Jul 2018
breathtaking episode.
Dec 12, 2014 6:37 PM

May 2013
Hyped for next week~ Can't wait to see how the ending will differ on S1's ending.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Dec 12, 2014 6:38 PM

Nov 2012
How did they recall that place where Mayu lived? Was there an episode or a scene that showed that place?
Dec 12, 2014 6:52 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I really can't tell how this will end. Like i would wanna give it a slight chance of Mayu disappearing together with Tama and Iona, but even with that, i'm not so sure.
Dec 12, 2014 7:35 PM

May 2013
Hanayo-san also fell in love with Kazuki. That's some serious stuff. I hope Hanayo-san can get better soon after what happened.
Of course Mayu was already dead. It felt like she lived ages ago. Mayu was just merciless in how she made Ulith attack Yuki. She's now down for the count. I'm not sure if she's dead yet, but if she is, Tama will probably go down with her including Mayu. I hope Yuki recovers fast and Tama to be able to get out of that sealed room.

Last episode next week!
Dec 12, 2014 8:06 PM
Nov 2013
Love how things are wrapping up. I'm glad that Kazuki was very understanding and accepted everything that was happening instead of freaking out and being a pussy, too bad he can't hear or interact with Yuzuki. I was very shocked that Hanayo broke down like that, it made me not dislike her since she was only trying to make Yuzuki's wish come true. Can't wait to see Ru wipe The floor with Mayu's face. I wonder who will end up suffering I'm the finale..
Dec 12, 2014 9:12 PM

Apr 2012
Dang!!! For a series that I feel has actually been fairly mediocre this whole time, this climax is getting me Pumped! I legitimately cannot wait for the final episode now.
Dec 12, 2014 11:21 PM

Jun 2013
Oh dang. Mayu is a ghost who came back to haunt the living!! O.O
Dec 12, 2014 11:32 PM

Aug 2012
Wow good stuff. It didn't come as a huge twist that Mayu was dead, but it definitely does mean a lot. We know a lot more about her character and her intentions, and we know that the girls' hope that they'd be able to sway her/save her somehow is gone. Which brings a lot of angst and tension for the finale. Not to mention what the imagery of death does for the atmosphere in general, especially when it was so vivid thanks to the buildup with Mayu's backstory. The final nail in the coffin to bring the promised atmosphere full circle and add true finality/melancholy to it. It definitely sets up a finale in which her her death can find closure in itself and in effect resolution for all the selectors/LRIG's. I dunno what's gonna happen but I'm certain it's gonna be insane and probably pretty sad.

r0ykun said:
I wonder who will end up suffering I'm the finale..
That would be us, my friend.
Dec 13, 2014 12:07 AM

Nov 2011
Ep felt a tad bit rushed for me, still have big expectations for next week, would also not mind a disappointing final ep + season 3 :)

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Dec 13, 2014 3:06 AM

Jan 2013
Now that i think about it i dont think this will and yet, if rukos nightmare comes true next ep something will go horribly wrong
Dec 13, 2014 4:52 AM

Nov 2014
Shit!!!!!!!!!!!!! All mysteries has been revealed..... I didn't expect that the real Mayu is dead.....
Ruko becomes mugen shojou.. but still Ruko hasn't return to her body or become a LRIG.... Ruko and Yuki still inside the white place. looks like they playing SAO in their dreams...

I have a question, Why Mayu died?? What is her cause of her death?? please answer my question please....

Dec 13, 2014 5:02 AM

Feb 2014
I completely forgot that "Iona" is called Yuki now. When Ru said Yuki, I was like "What now?"
Mayu is dead. Great, we can't kill her now.
:)
Dec 13, 2014 5:12 AM

Sep 2010
I give it a greater than 50% chance we will have a third season, since it should probably take more than one episode to quell the rage of a villain who has been developing for the whole season.

Other loose ends include the exact nature of Chiyori's wish inversion, why Ruuko's grandma can beat Ruuko at WIXOSS (and why does she even have a deck?), and what happened to Akira after being defeated by Ulith. It seems a lot to cram into one episode.

Recall the first season: the story could have ended with Tama accepting Ruuko's wish, the LRIGs being freed, and Ruuko eating ice cream with Yuzuki, Hitoe and Tama. ...But that ending might have seemed premature. It may have left Iona's (Yuki's) motive for seeking out Ruuko unexplained and the origin of the selector battles unexplained. Maybe that route could have been taken if the anime was -very- poorly recieved, but the reception seems to be okay at worst.

Also, if I read too much into the titles... "infected" sounds like a beginning and "spread" sounds like a middle. Diseases in real life would go on to end with immunity, death, or symptoms just vanishing (recovery?). Maybe there's a fourth option I've missed... O.o? Can't think of a good single word for it right now.

Unrelated: I'll compare this to Chaos Head (just a tiny bit), and I'll try to keep the spoilers light: Several characters in Chaos Head have the ability to bring their delusions into reality, and
Dec 13, 2014 5:59 AM

Dec 2014
If there is going to be a third season, I'm not going to watch it.

At least the first season has a start, a middle and an end, with some mild character development, it's true you can guess most of the plot if you saw Madoka, but it's a new take on card game anime so it's excusable I guess? Yet this time Mari Okada really drop the ball and just really doesn't care anymore. Everything is so rush in the last two episodes, the real Inoa somehow gets her body back, Chiyori just drop out of the story by cheating the system and it works, Aki lucky is nowhere to be seen, Ruuko can just drop out of the battle etc.

I have been trying to find the appeal of this "Innocent girl get screwed by the magic of the screenwriter" kind of show that starting to appear post-Madoka. In 2013 we have Day Break Illusion which is a complete disaster. This year we have this and Yuuki Yuuna, I thought these two would be at least decent because of the talent behind them, but no, they still mess them up at the end. They all copy the style of Madoka but change the character and event which is nothing but the writers demand whatever to happen. I can at least find some appeal in a bad shonen like Akame ga Kill or stupid mecha show like Aldnoah Zero. If it is the drama that attracts you that's fine, but even Madoka to me it's just Urobuchi being Urobuchi, his was lucky to have some real talents to help him crafting Madoka, there's not much to talk about if you know this guy, at least the drama and the visual is interesting.

If the screenwriter doesn't care, why should the viewer care?
Dec 13, 2014 8:44 AM

Sep 2013
Zuihou said:
How did they recall that place where Mayu lived? Was there an episode or a scene that showed that place?

Yup: season 1 Episode 3 and i ithink episode 4
when Ruuko faced Hitoe
and where they played the normal WIXOSS togather
Dec 13, 2014 9:07 AM

Jun 2014
Episode definitely felt rushed which is a shame. I feel like they could have shaved off some time from the earlier eps to wrap this up in a more satisfying way.

Don't think we are getting a S3 otherwise they probably would have announced it by now. Something like "Selector Cure Wixoss" would have been good, about trying to convince Mayu to stop the games or something along those lines.

I fear for the finale :-(
Dec 13, 2014 9:11 AM
Mar 2013
ramenshojo said:
Episode definitely felt rushed which is a shame. I feel like they could have shaved off some time from the earlier eps to wrap this up in a more satisfying way.

Don't think we are getting a S3 otherwise they probably would have announced it by now. Something like "Selector Cure Wixoss" would have been good, about trying to convince Mayu to stop the games or something along those lines.

I think they can easily make a season 3; Simply have Ruko become an LRIG as a cost to save everyone (we don't know what will happen to Ruko if she does that wish, that's a really big wish. I know Tama and Yuuki with Ruko got her to the white room, but that's still nothing like freeing all LRIGS etc, which is a pretty huge wish), and with her the only LRIG left, it won't be as easy to free her since there is no other LRIG that she can battle, and her friends would obviously try to save her.
RoychopDec 13, 2014 2:58 PM
Dec 13, 2014 9:39 AM

Dec 2012
AH I can't wait one week after that ><. Awesome episode, full of surprises.

Kazuki just learned about his sister, a bit shocking for him.
Dec 13, 2014 9:49 AM

Jun 2014
Roychop said:

I think they can easily make a season 3..

Err yeah, there's just that real life obstacle called money/funding...
Dec 13, 2014 10:33 AM
Mar 2013
ramenshojo said:
Roychop said:

I think they can easily make a season 3..

Well of course, I just mean if they do have enough to do another season.
Dec 13, 2014 1:16 PM

Jan 2013
ramenshojo said:

I think this anime is pretty popular in japan.We are actally irrelevant audience.
Dec 13, 2014 1:26 PM

Feb 2014
Whoa Ruuko turns into an eternal girl but her wish isn't fulfilled yet! Wow I wonder why she has to battle Mayu...and also, how will Tama come back? I hope everything works out D:

And the real Mayu is dead?? Why was she even in that house behind the library in the first place? Also what did the do with Ruuko's body after Ruuko went into the white window room?

Although I would love to have another season of Wixoss, I can't see them dragging the story out any longer. But it doesn't look good for Ruuko and the others! :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 13, 2014 6:34 PM

Sep 2010
ramenshojo said:

On one hand, they can gain 3 minutes by omitting the OP and ED sequences from the last episode. While there's a lot to cram in to finish the story with one more episode... it might be possible. O.o On the other hand, announcing subsequent seasons or movies at the end of a last episode is not unheard of.

As for funding... Maybe the real card game is funding it. O.o The money to make two seasons of original anime must have come from somewhere. Look at how long Yugioh runs for too. ...although I suspect WIXOSS costs a lot more to write and animate per episode then Yugioh, or any other card game anime for that matter.
Dec 14, 2014 1:41 AM

Nov 2014
I think Grandma knows everything about mayu and selector battles.. maybe she's a former maid of mayu...

Dec 14, 2014 1:51 AM

Nov 2014
I think Grandma knows everything about mayu and selector battles.. maybe she's a former maid of mayu...

Dec 14, 2014 7:24 AM

Dec 2010
Great episode, a lot happened despite it didn'f feel rushed.

Poor Yuki.

Kuruku said:
Please that building in construction NEED TO MEAN SOMETHING IN THE END >.<
This, Ruuko's Grandma and the name of the season are the only clues that might lead to S3, but I' really wouldn't get my hopes up beyond 40%.

I hope that, if the good reception leads to it, it will be good, or I'd rather it end here as I like it a lot at this point.
Dec 14, 2014 9:34 AM

Jun 2014
I just realized how cold hearted Mayu really is by fulfilling her objective of getting rid of Kuro. At first, I thought the original Iona was put back into her own body as a mean (/convenient) joke by Mayu, when in fact, it was to make Kuro disappear.

Evil.
Dec 14, 2014 10:07 AM

Feb 2014
NeralcmD2nd said:

We really can't trust the Grandma no matter what, aren't we? XD
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Selector Spread WIXOSS Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2014

197 by yhagni »»
Aug 13, 2022 12:22 PM

Poll: » Selector Spread WIXOSS Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2014

80 by yhagni »»
Aug 13, 2022 8:35 AM

Poll: » Selector Spread WIXOSS Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2014

87 by yhagni »»
Aug 13, 2022 6:52 AM

» A question about Hitoe

kaede666 - May 25, 2022

1 by Phantom1412 »»
May 26, 2022 1:42 PM

» Is it okay to finish WIXOSS with this season

Lonely_Ronin123 - Nov 7, 2019

2 by Heimur »»
Nov 7, 2019 3:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.