Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 1, 2014 1:00 PM

Oct 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Quite surprised no one made a comment on this yet...

This pretty much becomes my new favourite sports manga! It realy shows the way of sports from it's bright origin to it's darkest and dirtiest core.
The manga does the real thing in showing that win is something that is not neccessarily achieved by hard effort, using your head for a change, cheating, abusing the rules, luck, it's all a part of the game.

The main story ended in 168 if someone wonders and 169-175 is an additional All Stars volume, which itself happened a little before the end of the main plot and the chapter 175 itself gives us something like conclusion, which was a bit lacking in 168th chapter.

All in all this resembled me of fukumoto nobuyuki works like Akagi, Ten and so on, which were all connected to the gambling aspect(mahjong based though)

Well, no wonder, author even participated in the akagi: zawa zawa anthology, which was a baseball version heh..

Even though overall I wouldn't rate this a 10/10, but as one of the top from team sports genre for me I will put it at that.

You could argue that it doesn't really show the sport in realistic ways, but I say it adds some spice which makes it more enjoyable without going too overboard with it.
So yes, it's not 'pure' sports manga, if that's what you were looking for.
HentaichegMay 8, 2017 11:23 AM
Feb 12, 2015 9:35 PM

Nov 2009
I wouldn't even call this a sports manga too be honest. Also kind of lost where it explains its "bright origin" . . . I mean this was, if anything, a manga about gambling. It really didn't showcase "baseball" at all (Not that it was supposed to). Don't get me wrong, I actually really liked this series, but from a sports manga point of view, it had just way too many flaws. I'll name a few but I really won't go too far into it since it seems nitpicky but their are a bout a thousands of these cases. So, 1) There is no way, with fast balls going around 60-75mph to strike out professional league batters like Tokuchi did (in fact, professional batters for the most part watch the seems of the ball to judge how fast it is going, i.e. his rotation trick wouldn't work at all in reality. It was an awesome concept. But not realistic. 2) Professionals are professionals, the way he toyed with them like that, getting in their head and making them that frustrated, also unrealistic. 3) Jeering the enemy team or even just talking to them in general, while in a game, can result in being ejected from the game, so obviously Tokuchi upsetting the batters more probably would have gotten him ejected.

I could go on with rules that were broken but essentially what I am saying is this, this series was NOT interested on being a "baseball" manga. It was about a guy, who was great at reading and manipulating a person, using said abilities to make a boat load of money through baseball. I loved the concepts put into it, but . . . I guess my bias is that super unrealistic sports series shouldn't be classified as sports. =/

Sorry for the rants, I actually didn't want to smack talk this series at all. I am a little sad at the end. I really wished Tokuchi had stayed, of course the ending was better with him leaving (as in it fit with Tokuchi's character more). Although what happened to the Lycaons? Or rather, who is the owner now? Great series, I loved the inventive twists the author added to the games and the tricks Tokuchi used in order to overcome both the enemy teams as well as the owners. 8/10 from me.
Oct 11, 2015 11:45 AM

Jun 2014
And i finally finish one outs, i really loved the ride, starting from the anime, continuing to the manga... it's been a great journey.

I overall adored this manga but i̶'̶m̶ ̶s̶o̶r̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶a̶p̶p̶o̶i̶n̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶e̶n̶d̶i̶n̶g̶, I wish Tokuchi would've at least said something right before he disappeared (since he's one of my fucking all time favorite characters), but i guess it's ok...

Edit: You know what? fuck it, the ending was actually really good, it was simply in Tokuchi's nature to move on to his next big gamble without looking back, so yeah xD

This is hands down one of my all time favorite anime/manga series for sure and probably the most unique take on the sports genre out there. It was really something else.

It's getting a 10/10 from me

one outs is also the first manga that i finished, so yay! ^.^
alpha_shadowDec 5, 2015 4:57 AM
:3
Nov 28, 2015 12:51 PM
Nov 2015
Dude is such an awesome character. If you're gonna make someone that is virtually unstoppable this is how you do it(In comparison to Echizen Ryoma from Prince of Tennis who I thought was boring as hell). All the battles were crazy my favorites being how he destroyed Shirooka "the swindler", Johnson and the battles with the New England Patr errrr the Kobe Blue Mars.

Toua leaves such a strong impression on everybody and the psychology is insane. Not hard to imagine why this was serialized in the Business Jump magazine. You feel well equipped to handle any challenge and win at any cost after reading this.

Manga has inspired me get a Toua jersey made. Will post the pics if anyone cares once it's completed, goddamn what a crazy ride.
Laicons77Nov 28, 2015 1:36 PM
Dec 27, 2015 11:24 AM

Dec 2011
Pirating_Ninja said:
So, 1) There is no way, with fast balls going around 60-75mph to strike out professional league batters like Tokuchi did (in fact, professional batters for the most part watch the seems of the ball to judge how fast it is going, i.e. his rotation trick wouldn't work at all in reality. It was an awesome concept. But not realistic. 2) Professionals are professionals, the way he toyed with them like that, getting in their head and making them that frustrated, also unrealistic. 3) Jeering the enemy team or even just talking to them in general, while in a game, can result in being ejected from the game, so obviously Tokuchi upsetting the batters more probably would have gotten him ejected.

Just because they are professionals doesnt mean that they cant get frustrated or angry. Not just in baseball but in every sport you can notice that. The players can easily lose their temper and make mistakes or become angry. The rest of your points are understandable but i dont agree with that one at all.

Also yea you cant call it a sport manga, honestly there isnt a category that you can put in. Because its not a gambling manga either. Its a combination. Anyway great manga and good experience. It can definitely get you interested in baseball. Even tho reality wont be like that.
Never ending nightmare!
Jan 28, 2016 1:42 PM

Jul 2015
When Ideguchi thanked Tokuchi in the press conference...

;___; What a wonderful supplemental ending to One Outs! 10/10
Jun 7, 2016 11:56 AM

Feb 2009
Anyone know where I can read this chapter? I can't seem to find any One Outs chapter after 168 :/

Jun 15, 2016 3:11 PM
Jun 2016
LovePink18 said:
Anyone know where I can read this chapter? I can't seem to find any One Outs chapter after 168 :/
Hey u can try manga fox they should have them all they always seem up to date
Nov 27, 2016 8:42 PM
Feb 2015
re-reading this reminded me how much of a god/beast Tokouchi is
Nov 27, 2016 8:43 PM
Feb 2015
LovePink18 said:
168.1-168.7 is till 175
Jun 3, 2017 8:10 PM

Oct 2015
The ending was pretty meh. It's nice to see how the Lycaons managed to come a long way. :)
Aug 19, 2017 2:30 AM
Jan 2015
sometaters said:
When Ideguchi thanked Tokuchi in the press conference...

;___; What a wonderful supplemental ending to One Outs! 10/10

^this , thank you so much Tokuchi Toua !!!
simple line from Ideguchi hit me hard
9/10

May 4, 2018 7:14 PM

Jul 2012
It's been almost five years since I watched the anime. I don't regret any of it. It was such a fun ride.

Also, yes I cried over that line Ideguchi said as well. He was probably my fave character after Tokuchi.

Definitely wanna rewatch the anime now. Based OP/ED too.

8/10
May 5, 2019 7:52 PM

Sep 2018
Tokuchi came, made a shitty team great then dipped. What a madman.
futurafree924May 30, 2019 2:19 AM
Jun 6, 2019 6:20 AM
Mar 2016
Great manga. No ide why it took me so long to read it after watching the anime. Just getting back to manga and I just remembered it after reading Giant Killing (Also a great sport manga with some similar (?) strategy into it).

I expected the last arc to be a letdown with the whole 'fighting against the system' thing but it turned out to be IMHO the best one.

The extras (after 168) were pretty bad tho. I just couldn't get into the mood after the end with Toua going away. The catcher thanks tho hit me right into the feels tho. I guess that scene was necessary and them getting the Japan League by themselves was also cool.

All in all, even if it doesn't exactly fits, this one is certainly a must read sport manga.
Jun 19, 2019 12:58 PM

Aug 2018
It is not really an anime sports but a psychologic one, that tries so hard (and I think succeds) in demostrating the selfish and the extreme confidence in money or influence can destroy you in a second.

Great manga, great MC (Seriously Tokuchi and Akiyama have to be the smartest characters in manga) and a great ride.

Solid 9/10.
Sep 4, 2019 8:24 PM

Jan 2009
im sure Tokuchi sold the Lycaons before he left right? thats a shame it would have been amazing if he becomes a coach too at least since he is a genius tactician with demonic insight as his special weapon

Tokuchi is like an all knowing omniscient being lol

either way this became one of my favorite manga of all time
Mar 8, 2023 6:39 PM

Jul 2020
As a gambler and I enjoyed reading this manga. There were flaws yes, but great read overall. 8/10
My Candies:
Nov 16, 2023 11:16 PM

May 2020
I was wondering if we were going to see them win the whole Japan league but it's a shame that it's basically one chapter. I feel like the last arc was a bit too rushed but it's still a fitting end for the manga. Toukichi doesn't seem like the type to stick around and be friends with people, so him leaving them makes perfect sense.

Overall, pretty good manga. The characters were fun but paper thin and I felt like the psychological aspect of this manga never went too far in making the suspension of disbelief impossible like some other manga of this type do. I kind of wish the old CEO got a bit more play towards the end, watching him lose his mind was always the highlight of the early parts of the manga.
Nov 29, 2023 11:22 AM

Apr 2015
So glad I decided to read this, Was a really enjoyable read.
Tokuchi definitely one of the most psychotic and ruthless characters ever hahaha.

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Outs Chapter 123 Discussion

LegendGoldDark - Feb 20, 2014

3 by Biisoo »»
Nov 28, 2023 3:05 AM

Poll: » One Outs Chapter 103 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Nov 2, 2011

6 by Biisoo »»
Nov 27, 2023 11:47 PM

Poll: » One Outs Chapter 82 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Nov 1, 2011

2 by Biisoo »»
Nov 27, 2023 3:13 AM

Poll: » One Outs Chapter 62 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Nov 1, 2011

2 by Biisoo »»
Nov 26, 2023 12:47 PM

Poll: » One Outs Chapter 1 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Oct 31, 2011

4 by Biisoo »»
Nov 25, 2023 1:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.