Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 30, 2014 11:36 AM

Oct 2014
Z4k said:
CNTRI715 said:
Yeah I noticed that and I also saw you guys talking about it a bit in the spoiler thread last night. I'll get back to you when I get a chance to read it :) Why? Are there father/son implications there?

The story kind of depicts the current tragic relationship of Arima and Kaneki.

But I do think is more than that

Sometimes the children bring cats with them; once they actually brought two lambs. But against all their hopes there was no scene of recognition. The animals gazed calmly at each other with their animal eyes, and obviously accepted their reciprocal existence as a divine fact.

To me it means that ghouls nor humans recognize him.
Just like Touka in the early chapters when she was annoyed with him and now just like Urie, who doesn't see him more than another ghoul

Sitting on my knees, the beast know neither fear nor lust of pursuit. Pressed against me it is happiest. It remains faithful to the family that brought it up. In that there is certainly no extraordinary mark of fidelity, but merely the true instinct of an animal which, though it has countless step-relations in the world, has perhaps not a single blood relation, and to which consequently the protection it has found with us is sacred.

This is all the family pretending IMO

Sometimes I cannot help laughing when it sniffs around me and winds itself between my legs and simply will not be parted from me. Not content with being a lamb and a cat, it almost insists on being a dog as well.

It almost insists in being a dove.
To me hunting ghouls goes against Kaneki's instincts

I did not inherit much from my father, but this legacy is quite remarkable.

Maybe this is what Arima thinks of him

It is as if it were saying something to me, and as a matter of fact it turns its head afterwards and gazes in my face to see the impression its communication has made. And to oblige it I behave as if I had understood, and nod. Then it jumps to the floor and dances about with joy.

Perhaps the knife of the butcher would be a release for this animal; but as it is a legacy I must deny it that. So it must wait until the breath voluntarily leaves its body, even though it sometimes gazes at me with a look of human understanding, challenging me to do the right thing of which both of us are thinking.

THis is what I believe Kaneki meant to say from this

http://imperialscans.com/read/tokyo-ghoul-re/8-agent/14

He is trusting Arima, to kill him if or when Kaneki comes back

I also think it means that Kaneki wants its freedom, and it is the right thing to do, but Sasaki and Arima do not want to give it to him
"It's like Tolstoy said. Happiness is an allegory, unhappiness a story"

"And the sense of tragedy-according to Aristotle.comes, ironically enough, not from the protagonist's weak points but from his good qualities. Do you know what I'm getting at? People are drawn deeper into tragedy not by their defects but by their virtues"

Kafka on the shore by Haruki Murakami...the man that was the inspiration for Sen Takatsuki

Nov 30, 2014 11:39 AM

Apr 2014
Here's a list of the yearly manga sales If anyone is interested:

Last year Tokyo ghoul sold 1,666,348

Yeah I can see why we're having a season 2 for the anime lol.
Nov 30, 2014 11:47 AM

Nov 2012
haikyuu!?
i know its good but.. really? lol so unexpected
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Nov 30, 2014 11:49 AM
Oct 2012
Z4k said:

ranked fourth, not bad.
Nov 30, 2014 11:51 AM

Jul 2014
Acernos said:
Z4k said:

ranked fourth, not bad.

Ehm, last year ranking 27 was not bad, this is amazingly good...
Nov 30, 2014 11:52 AM

Jul 2014
since ayato may make his debut next chapter, can we expect touka soon? i really hope so
Nov 30, 2014 11:59 AM

Apr 2014
Acernos said:
Z4k said:

ranked fourth, not bad.

Its AMAZING lol. Surpassed even Kuroko no basuke (even though it already got its own anime boost) and Naruto so yeah I hope the volume sales for the sequel remain the same.
Nov 30, 2014 12:02 PM
Oct 2012
you did not realize that I was just being something like a tsundere?
Nov 30, 2014 12:27 PM
Apr 2014

Notice this

Is he hiding something? hmmmm?
PancakesAndStuffNov 30, 2014 12:33 PM
Nov 30, 2014 12:54 PM
Jul 2018
Haise is secretly shipping Arima and Akira, I see what you did there

The practice with Arima gives me the chills when he pointed his pen at Haise's eye..nice reference there ishida

Ayato is probably trying to destroy any remaining evidence that will contain confidential info of Aogiri. Really curious about the thumbdrive Torso passes to Hinami
Nov 30, 2014 12:59 PM

Aug 2014
Tres bien!

What an unexpected turn of events. I never would've thought Shirazu would become the Squad Leader, i think it was really cool how he stomped Urie and stood up for Haise, and the latter trusted him enough to give him such a position. He's already my favourite from the quinques (save for Haise himself, of course).

Anyways, as PancakesAndStuff pointed out, Haise's obviously lying about his happiness, though i don't really understand why. In reality, he pretty much only suffered and inflicted pain on others when he was Ken Kaneki, now he's living a relatively normal life, but.. i guess he doesn't like it. On the other hand, Arima and Akira being his parents was just cute.

Ayato appears. How the hell does everyone jump ranks like this, anyway? Nishiki from like a C to S-rated, Ayato now seriously SS, which is technically equal to Kaneki. As if, though... can't wait until Haise says something like: "hey, we never did finish our biology lesson, did we?" and proceed to break his other 103 bones.

5/5, as usual.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Nov 30, 2014 1:05 PM

Oct 2014

Rize or touka???

"And the sense of tragedy-according to Aristotle.comes, ironically enough, not from the protagonist's weak points but from his good qualities. Do you know what I'm getting at? People are drawn deeper into tragedy not by their defects but by their virtues"

Kafka on the shore by Haruki Murakami...the man that was the inspiration for Sen Takatsuki

Nov 30, 2014 1:05 PM
Jul 2018
Maledict said:
Tres bien!

What an unexpected turn of events. I never would've thought Shirazu would become the Squad Leader, i think it was really cool how he stomped Urie and stood up for Haise, and the latter trusted him enough to give him such a position. He's already my favourite from the quinques (save for Haise himself, of course).

Anyways, as PancakesAndStuff pointed out, Haise's obviously lying about his happiness, though i don't really understand why. In reality, he pretty much only suffered and inflicted pain on others when he was Ken Kaneki, now he's living a relatively normal life, but.. i guess he doesn't like it. On the other hand, Arima and Akira being his parents was just cute.

Ayato appears. How the hell does everyone jump ranks like this, anyway? Nishiki from like a C- to S-rated, Ayato now seriously SS, which is technically equal to Kaneki. As if, though... can't wait until Haise says something like: "hey, we never did finish our biology lesson, did we?" and proceed to break his other 103 bones.

5/5, as usual.

I find it weird too.

If it's so easy for them to power up in 3 years, wouldn't there be SS rated ghouls lying around everywhere. Maybe even Hinami and Touka are at least S-rated now (that will be cool though)
Nov 30, 2014 1:07 PM

Nov 2014
ma103 said:
Maledict said:
Tres bien!

Ayato appears. How the hell does everyone jump ranks like this, anyway? Nishiki from like a C- to S-rated, Ayato now seriously SS, which is technically equal to Kaneki. As if, though... can't wait until Haise says something like: "hey, we never did finish our biology lesson, did we?" and proceed to break his other 103 bones.

5/5, as usual.

I find it weird too.

If it's so easy for them to power up in 3 years, wouldn't there be SS rated ghouls lying around everywhere. Maybe even Hinami and Touka are at least S-rated now (that will be cool though)

Probably. Touka was already pretty damn close to being S rated anyway.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 30, 2014 1:08 PM

Apr 2014
gabyta07 said:

Rize or touka???

His old self.
Nov 30, 2014 1:33 PM

Oct 2013
I fucking hate Arima more & more, with each chapter I read and for what he did with kaneki. My heart broke when I saw ken cry ;_;
Shirazu is really adorable lmao, he is my new favorite character in the series.
can't wait till next chapter
Nov 30, 2014 1:38 PM

Sep 2012

One of the things that gets me with Tokyo Ghoul is that Kaneki's suffering and breakdowns are so entertaining to watch, yet it actually makes you feel bad about said character at the same time. This is one of the few that have made me react with those conflicting emotions and I'm pleasantly suprised at how well written he is.
Nov 30, 2014 2:00 PM

Oct 2014
This chapter made me really not like Sasaki.

Not only did he abandon everyone but he's also doing this with a strong compulsion not to. his cowardice is kind of shitty to me right now.

i understand, he wants his subordinates to run because that way they can preserve life and happiness (since he chose not to during the raid and ended up in a worse situation) BUT the amount of lying he's doin to himself is so repulsive..

with that said, I think its awesome how much Ishida has broken him. he's not as naive anymore but a more sinister character to himself of all people. this chapter has so many undertones in it. vetty awesome!

also.

nishiki was never weak. he wasnt as strong as now but thats because he chose the more quaint route of school and normal life as a ghoul. HE KICKS PEOPLES HEADS CLEAN OFF THROUGH OUT THE MANGA!!! lol
anikanekiNov 30, 2014 2:15 PM
"Events that happen in this world are a continuous series of trifling things. And within those myriad pieces of puzzles, there is a fragment that leads to the truth." -Kishou Arima
Nov 30, 2014 2:18 PM

Oct 2014
Z4k said:
b1GZZ said:
So Touka is also a SS rated ghoul now... interesting. Or the Rabbit they meant was her brother? This is mysterious... as always.

Akira said Aogiri Tree's Rabbit so yeah its Ayato and the only person in CCG who was totally aware of the fact that there are two Rabbit was Hide.

she agreed with hide back when hide spoke on it. she seemed to be on his side about the notion that there were distinct differences of the new rabbit and the one involved in mado's death
"Events that happen in this world are a continuous series of trifling things. And within those myriad pieces of puzzles, there is a fragment that leads to the truth." -Kishou Arima
Nov 30, 2014 2:39 PM

Jun 2013
Oooh fuck is Touka back?? Hype

I like "Sasaki's" imaginary family hahaha
Nov 30, 2014 2:46 PM
Jul 2014
Maledict said:
How the hell does everyone jump ranks like this, anyway? Nishiki from like a C to S-rated, Ayato now seriously SS, which is technically equal to Kaneki

Well Ayato was pretty strong before so after 3 years it's not surprising that he's become an SS rated ghoul. Also I doubt strength is the only criteria that determines a ghouls rank which might be why Nishiki is an S rated. Maybe he's done lots of killings in the past 3 years.

Maledict said:
"hey, we never did finish our biology lesson, did we?" and proceed to break his other 103 bones.

If that happens I will jizz of epicness
Nov 30, 2014 2:53 PM
Oct 2012
gabyta07 said:

Rize or touka???

Kuroneki
Nov 30, 2014 2:55 PM
Oct 2012
Maledict said:
Tres bien!

Ayato appears. How the hell does everyone jump ranks like this, anyway? Nishiki from like a C to S-rated, Ayato now seriously SS, which is technically equal to Kaneki. As if, though... can't wait until Haise says something like: "hey, we never did finish our biology lesson, did we?" and proceed to break his other 103 bones.

5/5, as usual.

Nishiki was never said to be a C, lol.
Nov 30, 2014 3:31 PM

Oct 2014
Acernos said:
Maledict said:
Tres bien!

5/5, as usual.

People don't want to believe or remember how strong ishida eluded Nishiki's potential to be..

he underestimated kaneki and was dealt a critical blow and i think people only focus on this aspect of him.

BUT

it was said that Nishiki could handle multiple ghouls when kaneki confronted the gang beating nishiki up when he was driven by hunger to go hunting even though he was not in any condition to scavenge. the ghouls said that in his weakened condition they'd take advantage of the situation because normally he'd alone give the three ghouls trouble if confronted.

when fighting tsukiyama he relentlessly attacked even though he was on the edge of death after weeks of being starved and previously beaten up by a gang of ghouls.

during the raid on aogiri nishiki was strong and fast enough to behead a aogiri henchman by kick and fend for himself to the point the other two stated that he was indeed somewhat troublesome to take care of.

plus he's super smart.

People act as though thru TG nishiki was a joke strengthwise but he was actually choosing to live a less dangerous life hence his employment to anteiku. I do admit he is alot stronger right now but its not as tho he didn't project that potential in the first series.
Nov 30, 2014 3:58 PM

Aug 2014
Acernos said:

Did you somehow miss the "like"?

Seriously, how was Nishiki strong, exactly? Touka pretty much took him out with one exchange of blows, no kagune used. Completely inexperienced and beaten up Kaneki utterly raped him, even while Nishiki was using his kagune. His only other "fight" after that was beheading some fodder and being a meat shield for Touka during the raid on Aogiri Tree. His only redeemable feature is his endurance, since Tsukiyama kept pounding him and he still survived.

I don't mind that he's strong now, i mean look at what Kaneki was and what he is now, but Nishiki was never powerful. A C-ranked ghoul fit him best at that time. As for Ayato, yeah, i guess killings do count towards a ghoul's rank, so that explains it a bit.

I wonder what kind of a monster Jason would be after 3 years of cannibalizing other ghouls...
Nov 30, 2014 4:15 PM
Oct 2012
Maledict said:
Acernos said:

Did you somehow miss the "like"?

Seriously, how was Nishiki strong, exactly? Touka pretty much took him out with one exchange of blows, no kagune used. Completely inexperienced and beaten up Kaneki utterly raped him, even while Nishiki was using his kagune. His only other "fight" after that was beheading some fodder and being a meat shield for Touka during the raid on Aogiri Tree. His only redeemable feature is his endurance, since Tsukiyama kept pounding him and he still survived.

I don't mind that he's strong now, i mean look at what Kaneki was and what he is now, but Nishiki was never powerful. A C-ranked ghoul fit him best at that time. As for Ayato, yeah, i guess killings do count towards a ghoul's rank, so that explains it a bit.

I wonder what kind of a monster Jason would be after 3 years of cannibalizing other ghouls...

you are just making a personal judgment, moreover, as has been said, Nishiki decided to have a normal life, not like the ghouls from Aogiri who loved fights. and only by so much that he took of Tsukyama and still managed to survive, already shows that he had potential.

about Jason, how can you know that he was no longer in his maximum potential?
Nov 30, 2014 4:27 PM

May 2012
Ayato is back. He must be ready for another biology lesson.
Nov 30, 2014 4:28 PM

Oct 2014
utterly being raped? no he was beating the shit out of kaneki and when he underestimated him kaneki struck him lethally by surprise.

when did touka touch him? is this in the anime? i can't remember them exchanging fists.

fodder? are you speaking of the first ghoul he beheaded or the 2nd one. because even the second one was apart of ayato's underlings and in aogiri tree. they were roaming along with him during the raid. i wouldn't think they're just shmucks that anyone could kill...they'd probably be apart of dismemberment duty if so.
Nov 30, 2014 4:32 PM

Oct 2014
anikaneki said:
utterly being raped? no he was beating the shit out of kaneki and when he underestimated him kaneki struck him lethally by surprise.

when did touka touch him? is this in the anime? i can't remember them exchanging fists.

fodder? are you speaking of the first ghoul he beheaded or the 2nd one. because even the second one was apart of ayato's underlings and in aogiri tree. they were roaming along with him during the raid. i wouldn't think they're just shmucks that anyone could kill...they'd probably be apart of dismemberment duty if so.

Just to specify, the first one was indeed a fodder. He was just a gym teacher, having a "normal" life.
In fact it was Yoshimura's fault that he got killed :(

Nov 30, 2014 4:34 PM
Oct 2012
"when did touka touch him? is this in the anime? i can't remember them exchanging fists."

in the manga she scares the nishiki and does he escape, but she is a ukaku has advantage against a bikaku.
Nov 30, 2014 4:38 PM

Oct 2014
Acernos said:
"when did touka touch him? is this in the anime? i can't remember them exchanging fists."

in the manga she scares the nishiki and does he escape, but she is a ukaku has advantage against a bikaku.

oh ok. even when i reread it i overlooked it. thanks
Nov 30, 2014 4:52 PM

Dec 2013
Yeah so the fake family bit was a little strange to me, but it certainly adds another interesting aspect to the plot with it painting Arima in a "fatherly" light and making him appear more approachable. However, in light of the last series, this is a bit disturbing, since we know how violent he can be.

I really hope that the Rabbit at the end of the chapter is Touka, though everyone on here seems convinced that it is Ayato. I thought that it may be Ayato as well, but would they not distinguish between him and Touka by calling him "Black Rabbit" instead of just "Rabbit"? Maybe not. I guess we'll see next week (hopefully)!
Nov 30, 2014 5:10 PM
Apr 2014
So Kaneki has been talking to Haise about lending his body...
And Touka's going to appear (yes!)
Nov 30, 2014 6:10 PM

Mar 2013
I feel like the rabbit is Ayato and not Touka, because we saw him with Hinami in the beginning. And I don't think Touka will join Aogiri Tree.
And Sasaki. That is not the "past" you, it is the real you T^T I want him to go back as Kaneki. Kaneki was not always in ghoul mode, he still had some on his sanity as a human. I hate how Arima is seen as his father, like no. Mado as his mother I'll take because I actually like her xD
Nov 30, 2014 6:44 PM

Sep 2013
Arima = papa
Akira = mama
That makes Amon a home wrecker XD

Urie getting what he deserves :)
Either Sasaki's 2 personalities combine or they separate into 2 different people.
Nov 30, 2014 6:48 PM

Aug 2012
Everything that haise said about his past self just proves it

Haise is Kaneki, he has been altered but he is actually Kaneki
Nov 30, 2014 6:57 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Urie totally deserved that slap and the demotion. Shirazu's kick was also great.

I thought Arima was going to seriously teach Sasaki a lesson. It's cool to see how they interact as father and son. I wonder if Arima X Akira will happen. :3

Aogiri's SS rate Rabbit? Touka? Oh, I really hope so. (^^)

Nov 30, 2014 6:58 PM

Dec 2013
Really like Shirazu more and more. Despite looking crazy that dude is actually very cool. He seem like the kind to treasure bonds. I hope he does well as squad leader.

That suspense at the end. I was hoping for Touka but that figure is definitely Ayayo.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Nov 30, 2014 7:13 PM

Dec 2013
Barion-Zara said:
Nice chap :3 Dat Chin touch T^T

You noticed that too. That's his gesture when he is lying! He isn't really truly happy with his life now!
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Nov 30, 2014 7:20 PM

Aug 2014
Hey, remember Banjou, guys?

Yeah, betcha he's S-rated now...
Nov 30, 2014 8:06 PM

Sep 2013
kaneki wants a family so bad he thinks of arima as his dad and he even called akira "mom", he also wants to have people to protect, considering the quinx "his children" and let's not forget he usually touches his chin when hes lying and he did it while he said he was happy living this way i am done with everything ishida sensei no more please

Nov 30, 2014 8:10 PM

Jul 2013
Shaniyaz said:

Aogiri's SS rate Rabbit? Touka? Oh, I really hope so. (^^)
TheOneOtaku said:

And Touka's going to appear (yes!)

Aogiri's Rabbit = Ayato not Touka
Nov 30, 2014 8:28 PM

Oct 2013
Sasaki crying alone in his room.

The feels....I cri evrytiem. TT ^ TT
Nov 30, 2014 9:29 PM

May 2013
Maledict said:

I really don't get why you are hating the fact that Nishiki is S rank and Ayato is SS rank i mean its perfectly reasonable he was at least A rank before and Ayato was S rank. Its perfectly reasonable because 3 years past and about Banjou that isn't even a good joke since Banjou is not a fighter he is under the radar when it comes to the CCG.
GinMagiNov 30, 2014 9:39 PM
Nov 30, 2014 10:26 PM

Aug 2014
^ I really don't get how you interpreted that as "hating". The proper term would be ''having fun". It's just kinda funny to me.

However, you don't see me laughing at Kaneki, right? That's because he was shown gaining those skills and ranks. I simply think 3-year timeskip power up is a tad convenient and hard to believe (much more for Nishiki than Ayato, by the way), but it may as well be explained and i definitely don't blame Ishida for doing it. If i did, then i'd have to hate half the known anime with a supernatural element. Again, it's harmless amusement.

Also, don't jump the gun with statements like "Nishiki was at least A-rank before". That just seems biased. Touka was an A-ranked ghoul. Considering Nishiki was hardly strong and he never got into fights with doves, his rank should've been lower.

But yeah, we'll talk again when Banjou makes an appearance.
Nov 30, 2014 11:02 PM

Dec 2011
Maledict said:

Even though he could barely use his kagune before...
But if it's true... oh shiiiiit!
Nov 30, 2014 11:15 PM
Aug 2014
Many people are disappointed Haise because he rejects his past and his friends and himself.They want old Kaneki back so bad. But i like Haise charecter more than Kaneki.
padasamaDec 1, 2014 1:13 AM
Nov 30, 2014 11:34 PM

Nov 2012
padasama said:
Many people are disappointed because he rejects his past and his friends and himself.but i like Haise charecter more than Kaneki.
i like sasaki too, because he is kaneki
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Nov 30, 2014 11:39 PM

Oct 2014
Just... wow...

Shirazu, looks like wild, gangster, but actually with a purer heart than that smug-faced Urie... Way to go, Shira-chan! :D

Is Arima seemed to be... kinder? Another post already stated that he looked like to be more approachable, but seeing the first TG.... Everyone can tell just what kind of monster he is...

And dat chin. Dat. Modafukin. Chin. Touch.

Brainwashing, that's the best I can tell. Kaneki was being brainwashed to Sasaki so CCG will get an even higher manpower.

And, hello there, Ayato. Ready for another "103" lesson from your beloved biology teacher?

ninjastarforcex said:
padasama said:
Many people are disappointed because he rejects his past and his friends and himself.but i like Haise charecter more than Kaneki.
i like sasaki too, because he is kaneki

I think Sasaki's character is more interesting too. I mean, Kaneki fought with his own "imagination", while Sasaki fought with his "past", and his "past" is Kaneki (maybe, but with this, I'm 90% sure). Sasaki has another different level of "depth" in his character compared to Kaneki, IMO. But both are great, actually.
New_-Nov 30, 2014 11:44 PM
HOW TO SAVE ANIME IN THREE SIMPLE STEPS

1. To have Mars of Destruction, Skelter Heaven, and Pupa properly adapted in TV series form by Madhouse
  2. To have Inferno Cop properly adapted in TV series form by Bones, director: Urobuchi Gen
  3. An anime crossover of Mushishi x ARIA x Haibane Renmei.

Should even one of the above conditions cannot be done, anime is still at risk.
Nov 30, 2014 11:54 PM

Nov 2014
No Sasaki you can't think of akira as your mother. I was hoping for sasaki x akira relationship to develop.

More seriously I thought the chapter was alright and I hope the rabbit is Touka but honestly I'm fine with any interaction with old characters so Ayato would be cool too.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 181 Discussion

Raizel - Aug 8, 2018

48 by flesh123 »»
Apr 12, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 125 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Z4K - May 20, 2017

333 by CanderousTheOrdo »»
Apr 5, 5:04 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 179 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 10, 2018

33 by ren_moon »»
Mar 13, 11:06 PM

» Tokyo Ghoul:re Conclusion Then vs Now

PSN - Jan 12, 2022

10 by Zero01guard »»
Dec 26, 2023 10:10 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

lunar1412 - Dec 29, 2014

204 by Buddistic »»
Sep 14, 2023 6:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.