Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Seven Deadly Sins
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 16, 2014 12:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I thought the episode was pretty entertaining to watch (probably not for Ban though). I'm glad to see Elaine animated though and I think her voice fits.

King's debut was awesome imo. Dat OST. The Ban vs. King fight is pretty amusing when Meliodas got involved. I also find King's personality to be pretty funny. He's like a kid in a candy store at times.
Nov 16, 2014 12:50 AM
Aug 2014
can you tell me this episode covers how many chapters? thanks guy,
Nov 16, 2014 1:18 AM

Jun 2014
where did you watch this :((

let me guess, you know japanese :(
:3
Nov 16, 2014 1:18 AM

Nov 2011
tcdbtbtiu13-41 said:

About 4 chapters.
Nov 16, 2014 1:33 AM

Nov 2007
I went to get some more sleep after that morning anime, and I totally missed the live stream!

Suzuki-san's character dreaming of Rin Kagamine lookalike, the protector of the water. Then at the next village near where FukuJun's character is, he saw someone who looks like her. Then FukuJun's character appears.

Only two of them knows. Well, he changed a lot. Oh, so he likes titan girl. He only hates Suzuki-san's character, though. Flower pedal creating crystal land, the dead land?

That one of holy knights appeared after ED. FukuJun's character added to chibi part.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 16, 2014 1:34 AM
Aug 2014
Stark700 said:
tcdbtbtiu13-41 said:

About 4 chapters.

If it continues covering with that rate, I'm worry it will rush....
:(
Nov 16, 2014 2:32 AM

Jan 2013
F*** you, A-1

Why the hell they skipped Oslo? That was important to show Meliodas' sword!
And Oslo is also really importante later.

Instead, they chose to put Ban's past and spoil any mistery. Great work.
Nov 16, 2014 2:51 AM
Aug 2014
Do not worry, Olso is quite important in this, so I think they will let Olso appear in another situation.
Nov 16, 2014 12:23 PM

Aug 2010
Loved the glimpses of Ban's Gaiden >.<! Elaine is kawaiii <3 Loved the blowing away parts. Ban's just so chill XD Tbh I would've preferred if it was done all in one episode instead of cuts and pieces throughout but still good enough :3 I was afraid they might not even adapt it that much so I won't be picky ^^

Meliodas casually being tied up besides Elizabeth was so lol XD

Lol'd King's stuffed animal story XD

Dat "touching" Reunion XD Ban and King are such bros....Ban not even knowing who he was XD Yep Bromance alright :P All Dat blood though :O And nice animation during the fight.

Must have been tough for King to resist reacting to Diane being so close and reuniting with her after this long :3 He's so in love ^^ Poor guy. FukuJun doing great for him.

Loved the OST at the end when they entered the capital of the death.

Didn't expect Guila's voice to be like that :O Well nxt ep first tough fight incoming.
Nov 16, 2014 1:15 PM

Jun 2013
Lol..Elaine shows no Mercy huh? XD Truly enjoyed how Ban got his ass beaten by Little Girl...albeit Fairy King's sister AKA Damn Strong Girl and each time left to get his ass beaten even more. Liked how they show more of his and her relationship.and and First meeting was Hilarious!!!

King is truly a good guy...when he is not Scary as Hell fighter... One of the strongest beings in series.
Oh Shit he starts his attack.

And Guila is soon to be arriving..XD cannot wait.
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Nov 16, 2014 1:16 PM

Mar 2012
I'd really like to see Ban talking with is habit of ending the sentences with singing tones, it would be really epic in some scenes =D I doubt it will ever happen though.
Nov 16, 2014 1:31 PM

Jun 2014
Enjoyed Ban's stuffy animal phrase with the introduction of King.

Nov 16, 2014 2:08 PM

Jul 2014
Hmm. lol.
Nov 16, 2014 4:08 PM

Aug 2013
A very good episode again, centered around Ban and his ''sin''. I don't know, it's pretty obvious that he didn't killed her, it wouldn't be his kind. But he seem guilty about something related to that Elaine. I feel like she suddenly died while leaving him in confusion. I also feel that Meliodas is gonna encounter that girl (or guy?) we saw in his flashback at some point.

King sure lost a freaking lot of weight. Damn, he looked like a fat middle-age man, now he look like a 10 years old kid xD
Awwwn, poor guy, he's in love with a girl who's in love with Meliodas :(

It's interesting that they explained Ban immortality with the Fountain of Youth. It must be a really sad life to become immortal and then to have to live with the guilt of a sin...
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Nov 16, 2014 5:18 PM

Apr 2013
The Capital of the Dead, a clash with the new and improved King, and Ban's past coming back to haunt him. There seems to be a lot more to Ban than meets the eye, and it looks like Elaine is at the center of all this. I see where this is going. Omoshiroi...
dankzelNov 16, 2014 5:25 PM
Nov 16, 2014 5:56 PM

Dec 2013
Immortal Ban ftw. I wonder when the real fights start where they are completely serious
Nov 16, 2014 6:32 PM

Aug 2014
Such awsome eposide again that pig and her hunger ^^ ...I was realy sad that little girl dead I hope Ban find out what exactly happen... Sometings hiding inside will resolve in next eposide saa tanosihimedazee ^_^)/...., (Actualy i know but no spoiler wait next week :P )
https://twitter.com/LightningDash02
OTPs || MyAnimeList || MyMangaList || Favorite Guys || Favorite Girls || Favorite Anime

~LightningXDash02
Nov 16, 2014 7:15 PM

Dec 2013
This episode was great. I loved how the added part of Ban's past throughout the episode. So hyped for the action in the next episode.
Nov 16, 2014 8:20 PM

Dec 2012
I'm glad they aren't called Sins just for the sake of it.
I want to know all their full stories already, so that I can feel closer to them.
Nov 16, 2014 9:32 PM

Dec 2013
Great episode, one of the best so far, i'm extremely interested in Ban's backstory.

Meliodas being Meliodas~

Ban's epic song!!!

DAMN!! That blood and no censors!! I'm surprised honestly, that thing that happened to Ban, pretty brutal if you ask me.

Soothing soundtrack, really loving it so far, specially the OP and ED

Good comedy, those Ban and Melioda's moments are priceless.

All the character are really likeable!

This show is so hype, one of the best this season. 6/5 episode
PriestSlayerNov 16, 2014 9:38 PM
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Nov 17, 2014 12:10 AM
Jan 2014
Ban was epic as always and i am glad to see that they didnt screw up with the character desing and voice for Elaine.
Nov 17, 2014 12:31 AM

May 2012
Albi-kun said:
I want to know all their full stories already, so that I can feel closer to them.

Three of the Sin's back stories have been revealed in the manga, iirc.
Ban,

We'll more than likely see them at the pace the anime is going.

Can't wait to see King go ham later on.

Nov 17, 2014 12:55 AM

Aug 2012
Olem said:
Albi-kun said:

Ban,

We'll more than likely see them at the pace the anime is going.

Can't wait to see King go ham later on.

We've also got the jist of
Nov 17, 2014 2:50 AM
Jan 2012
I can't take this anymore, gonna start the manga.
Nov 17, 2014 4:12 AM

Jan 2013
PriestSlayer said:
DAMN!! That blood and no censors!! I'm surprised honestly, that thing that happened to Ban, pretty brutal if you ask me.

Ban's gore moments are routine haha
---------------------------------------------
Olem said:
Albi-kun said:

Ban,

I don't really believe that
Nov 17, 2014 5:51 AM

Apr 2013
great episode.

really liked ban's flashback
Nov 17, 2014 5:59 AM
Aug 2014
this is a really great episode and great soundtrack too ( as usual ).
Can't wait for the next episode
Nov 17, 2014 6:14 AM

Sep 2014
Fantastic episode. I'm really loving Seven Deadly Sins so much! It's definitely an improved version of Fairy Tail in all respects.
Can't wait to see what happens in the Captain of The Dead, with King and all.
Nov 17, 2014 6:35 AM

Apr 2014
Finally a show with OST on the same level as hunter x hunter.
Loved the translator notes whenever they said Onee-chan xD
Nov 17, 2014 6:38 AM

Jun 2014
Great episode
Nov 17, 2014 11:03 AM

Oct 2013
the King's here!
and I'm not talking about Elvis
Nov 17, 2014 11:22 AM

Dec 2013
Ugh, when is the soundtrack, can't wait.... :/
Nov 17, 2014 12:06 PM

Aug 2013
I liked the episode, passed well fast, and many mysteries were raised as to what happened to the sins in ten years, what they did before joining and the relationship they had in the past
The story is getting more interesting, and I'm curious about the next episode ..
Nov 17, 2014 3:58 PM

Mar 2008
This was probably my favorite episode so far, maybe because we are getting into the mystery of Ban's past and his sin. The first meeting between him and Elaine was pretty hilarious with her knocking him down over and over again. The guy definitely had either a lot of luck or the forest on his side to have survived being launched off that tree so many times. Just a nice moment when she read his thoughts and realized he was just that honest.

The fight with him and King was also pretty entertaining. King really doing some damage there that would have killed anyone else. When Sins go at it the damage can be pretty extreme.

Though made sure to give King some comedy moments even with all the seriousness, with him freaking out over Diane showing up :).
Nov 17, 2014 5:03 PM

Jul 2013
Nov 17, 2014 7:10 PM

Oct 2012
:stabbed through chest::
-Nothing to say?
-Who are you?

BAMF
Nov 17, 2014 7:40 PM
Jan 2014
nice king is introduced, and in the beginning it does show him as the most OP of them all. Ban's backstory is pretty sad but if you read the manga King's backstory is so far the most tragic of all of them. It almost pretty depressing.
Nov 17, 2014 11:40 PM
Jan 2014
Ban best character so far, also the OST is amazing.
Nov 18, 2014 4:43 AM

Oct 2013
Not much to say aside from the fact that this was a great episode. It seems as though the flashbacks will, indeed, be the highlight of the series. They're called sins because they did something to truly earn the title, eh?

I can't wait to see what happened between Ban and Elaine.

Oh yeah, and the soundtrack was splendid.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Nov 18, 2014 6:05 AM

Oct 2012
Oh forgot about that awesome Meliodas save
::Ban is casting ******::
::Meliodas uses beer mug::
::Ban was interrupted::
Nov 18, 2014 1:07 PM

Jan 2014
I thought that girl Elaine was Meliodas x)
I like King. Seems like the Sin I'd be. ^.-
Nov 18, 2014 1:35 PM

Apr 2014
Did the translator explanation towards "Onii-Chan" Just said..
"What Weaboos call their big brother"
That's so false and more of an insult.

Nov 18, 2014 1:47 PM

Apr 2013
NeutralSide said:

That's why "FBI" or whatever that group is called are troll subs. Although I will admit that this episode wasn't too bad. It is still better to wait for Chyuu but they're getting slower and slower with their Nanatsu releases.
Nov 18, 2014 3:18 PM

Mar 2008
deanzel said:
That's why "FBI" or whatever that group is called are troll subs. Although I will admit that this episode wasn't too bad. It is still better to wait for Chyuu but they're getting slower and slower with their Nanatsu releases.

Yeah, better to just be patient and wait on Chyuu. Really it's kind of a throw back to how subbing used to be. You just saw the episode whenever the group was able to get it done. The age of Cruncyroll has really made watching much more regular, an episode will generally be available at the same time each week.

Still they are definitely the only group worth following for this show.
Nov 18, 2014 3:41 PM

Sep 2011
NeutralSide said:
Welcome to trollsubs.
Nov 18, 2014 5:49 PM
Jul 2018
Ban's back story of getting a drink from Fountain of Youth was great. Lol @ how Elaine kept blowing him away.

Lol @ King's stuffed animal story.
Nov 18, 2014 5:50 PM

Jul 2010
Ban and Elaine's relationship. It seems to be quite the particular one.

Ban's reason to give up was simple in a good way.

That before and after comparison xD King being small and having hatred towards Ban. King having great interest in Diane!

Hawk in front of all those delicious food!

Ban's feelings towards the deceased opening the "gate", the music was really great ;_;
Nov 18, 2014 7:38 PM

Jul 2014
wow, best episode yet! Ban seriously makes this anime x100 better!
Nov 18, 2014 9:00 PM
Nov 2013
Hm, so Ban killed Elaine? That makes me a little sad, but he looks like he regrets it a lot. I want to know the other Sins' sins. King is an interesting character, and he has a crush on Diane haha. The action next epiosde should be epic, but I'm guessing that girl at the end is a holy knight? This anime is great so far, makes me want to read the manga.
Nov 18, 2014 9:06 PM
Jun 2009
huanwu26 said:
nice king is introduced, and in the beginning it does show him as the most OP of them all. Ban's backstory is pretty sad but if you read the manga King's backstory is so far the most tragic of all of them. It almost pretty depressing.

When do you see King so powerful?
Because he keeps stabbing a guy that doesn't care about being stabbed?

So far in the anime I'd say all sins are about as powerful, but I'm sure Meliodas will somehow come up on top later.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2014

327 by Klumbdolt »»
Apr 22, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 22, 2015

175 by SilverHawk13 »»
Apr 11, 11:29 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2014

114 by borodino21 »»
Apr 7, 12:41 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2014

143 by borodino21 »»
Apr 7, 12:07 PM

» Do people actually like this? (Spoilers)

infinite_Shadows - Mar 14

30 by _Krypteia_ »»
Mar 23, 8:25 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.