Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Seven Deadly Sins
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 23, 2014 12:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, Guila just killed herself. RIP

The episode was good imo since it has great tension and poor Ban. I suppose this guy is very used to getting stabbed by this point. There were some flashbacks of Ban/Elaine again. (I think they adapted that extra chapter or rather the remaining half of it).

Elaine is adorable though since she forms a bond with Ban. Hello to immorality. Elaine's reunion with Ban was nice to watch.

Nov 23, 2014 12:58 AM

Nov 2007
That female Holy knight "killed" herself to get into it. Oh, so that girl in Suzuki-san's character's memory was FukuJun's character's sister. More memory showing that she was killed because he wasn't able to protect her. That female Holy knight appears. She is strong and even the two's skills don't work.

FukuJun's character stoned Suzuki-san's character, but sister unstoned him, just like she did when she was hit then and gave him the water. She also wants him to help out. And because accidentally meeting the princes, FukuJun's character agrees to help out?

lol @ chibi preview part. Back to 17:00 next week.

tsubasaloverNov 24, 2014 1:39 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 23, 2014 2:41 AM

Jan 2013
tsubasalover said:
More memory showing that she was killed because he wasn't able to protect her. That is the same thing as killing her for her brother.

No. See what A1 cutting scenes make with the interpratations? One more time, they ruined part of the series.

King doesn't know anything about Ban's story. None of the sins knows about other sins.

King only knows what is common knowledge. After Ban killed the demon, he is arrested:
Forever_ANov 23, 2014 3:33 AM
Nov 23, 2014 3:12 AM

Jan 2013
Forever_A said:
No. See what A1 cutting scenes make with the interpratations? One more time, they ruined part of the series.

King doesn't know anything about Ban's story. No one of the sins knows about other sins.

They made it pretty clear that King didn't know though. If he knew, why would he be surprised about What Elaine was saying and stuff? And that last stab was obviously aimed at the white girl.

Fairly good episode imo, still hoping to get some kind of explination about the holy knights though..
Kind of weird to see how much more powerful this white girl is, compared to the ones we've seen previously (possibly except Gilthunder). Hopefully they'll elaborate a bit on that sometime.
Other than that I think the pacing and flashbacks were well done.
Nov 23, 2014 3:24 AM

Mar 2012
CyanElekid said:
Forever_A said:

King doesn't know anything about Ban's story. No one of the sins knows about other sins.

They made it pretty clear that King didn't know though. If he knew, why would he be surprised about What Elaine was saying and stuff? And that last stab was obviously aimed at the white girl.
Yeah, I haven't read the manga, but that's what I got out of the episode as well: King got the wrong impression, and Ban isn't really interested in setting him straight, since he probably does feel guilty on some level.
Nov 23, 2014 4:11 AM
Aug 2014
CyanElekid said:

Fairly good episode imo, still hoping to get some kind of explination about the holy knights though..
Kind of weird to see how much more powerful this white girl is, compared to the ones we've seen previously (possibly except Gilthunder). Hopefully they'll elaborate a bit on that sometime.
Other than that I think the pacing and flashbacks were well done.

I agree with you about King and the last stab
About how powerful the white holy knight, we will get explanation in some next episodes, the same as the manga.
Nov 23, 2014 4:26 AM
Jul 2018
Kids: Kill yourself.

Guila: k.

It was an OK, maybe good episode. The flashback was hype with dat awesome music, even though they skipped a lot of the conversation between ban and elaine.

Is it just me or is the animation quality declining?

3,5/5
Nov 23, 2014 7:43 AM

Aug 2010
@Forever_A...Aren't u being a bit too bitchy <_<...It wasn't as impacting as the manga. That's true and they did skip stuff (Which is unfortunate since I loved their interactions so damn much OTP <3 [Well they kept the "If only he came to steal me" and her Blush when he agreed] but it was still completely understandable even for an anime only viewer. I would've definitely preferred if they made it one full ep instead of cuts and pieces like that though. But the atmosphere and the OST were really good :3

The emotions during Ban closing his eyes after seeing Elaine drinking the youth spring then suddenly feeling her making him swallow it all was really nicely done. And so was the "I'll make u..." then "At least let me continue" when she died before him completing the sentence :*(

Anyway, loved this ep. The fight was fun. Just gotta love how chill they all are while supposedly getting their asses kicked XD Some explanations about each of the Sin's magic was nice too ^^

Diane was cute and lol as usual with how she was happy about Mel being protected by her Oppai :3 And her "I don't think I'm gonna make it captain...can u kiss me" XD
Also Dat "Yada" when Ban asked her to protect him too lol XD

Loved the Elaine kissing Ban scene and poor King as usual XD Being him is really suffering. U gotta feel bad for him not being able to see Elaine while Ban was ^^;
Dat stab doe XD Stabbing Ban in the back to hit Guila lol XD He totally hates this guy XD

Time for some King ass kicking nxt ep :D
Nov 23, 2014 8:05 AM

Mar 2008
I will say that I would have liked them to get every scene of their interactions in there. Still possible they show the aftermath for Ban that was left out early next episode though.

As a whole I thought the episode was fine. It got the best moments with Ban and Elaine and her feeding him the spring of youth was a good scene. Just showed how each wanted the other to get out of there alive if nothing else. But in the end Elaine had enough left in her to make sure Ban was the one who'd survive. The show definitely doesn't hold off on showing some bloody scenes though. Ban's right side almost cut off and Elaine taking that shot through the middle.

Got to feel for King. Shouldering plenty of guilt himself and feeling like his sister just hated him. But that wasn't really the issue. Not so much the spirit showing, but memory and feeling coming together. Maybe King was a bit too focused on his own guilt to see her right away.

And the showdown with the Holy Knight had its own fun aspect. The first time the group really has seemed to struggle against someone since the show started.
Nov 23, 2014 10:53 AM

Jun 2013
Guila is really somewhat Insane....Really who in their freaking Right Mind would strike themselves in chest.
King is wanting revenge, tough I wonder what really happened in the forest who attacked and why Ban, by the rumors, stabbed Elaine. ....So the Demons arrived huh.

Yes Hawk....you are freaking way too close!!! XD Guila is honestly one of the most Powerful and Bad Ass Holy Knights ever...along with Gilthunder....and Hauser, even if he is not powerful he is true Knight and Bad Ass with his own style.

Guila's Seiyu fits her. and Demons just made themselves an Enemy that will grind them to painful bloody mess. Elaine was so self-sacrificing...and Loyal...but that Gave birth of Violent Ban.

and Looks like King will join into Fray....One of the Strongest beings in the World.

@Forever... and any of you checked the ending scene after the credits? there is that you were looking
JarjaxleNov 23, 2014 11:32 AM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Nov 23, 2014 2:19 PM

Aug 2013
Awwwn, a romance with a loli ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
But it's ok, because she's over 700 years old, amirite, guise? Well, who cares, it was cute as hell. Hell, demons, get it?

That other girl on the other hand is pretty creepy with that fucking smile. Gosh I don't think that face ever looked not creepy in the entire history. It's one of those ''rapist'' faces.

I somehow can't believe they can't beat her while being 3 vs 1 and by being almost demi-gods! I guess they are just having fun messing with her or something. Anyway, King entry was pretty cool. He's jsut giving no fuck about Ban. And Ban taking that sword in the throat... It made cringe, remembering Game of Throne/ASOIAF.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Nov 23, 2014 3:18 PM

Mar 2008
minouneetzoe said:
Awwwn, a romance with a loli ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
But it's ok, because she's over 700 years old, amirite, guise? Well, who cares, it was cute as hell. Hell, demons, get it?

That other girl on the other hand is pretty creepy with that fucking smile. Gosh I don't think that face ever looked not creepy in the entire history. It's one of those ''rapist'' faces.

I somehow can't believe they can't beat her while being 3 vs 1 and by being almost demi-gods! I guess they are just having fun messing with her or something. Anyway, King entry was pretty cool. He's jsut giving no fuck about Ban. And Ban taking that sword in the throat... It made cringe, remembering Game of Throne/ASOIAF.

Exactly she's over 700 so it's all good :). Plus like with Diane it's all about differing types of beings. Be it giant, human, etc.

I tend to agree that face is always pretty darn creepy and it was again here. I'm kind of glad that someone has shown up that can put pressure onto the Sins. A strong edge may simply be having knowledge of their abilities and how to counter them.

Immortality or not...Ban taking those hits can be uncomfortable to watch. Sword through the throat is going to be unpleasant even if you heal fast after.
Nov 23, 2014 9:44 PM

Aug 2013
I enjoyed this episode, I'm getting more and more curious about the plot, the characters are also very good, and well carefree, which gives a nice touch of humor ..
Nov 24, 2014 12:38 AM

Dec 2013
So we got some closure on Ban's 'sin', that's a sad flashback.

I'm still impressed by the gore in this series, say what you want, but i like to see blood when it's supposed to be blood.

Wow, that holy knight can take on 3 sins at the same time?! So is she stronger than Gilthunder? Also the way she just killed herself was fucked up and kinda funny tbh, hoping she doesn't get fodderized.

Nice, so there IS magic in this, was kinda wondering why things where exploding out of nowhere like that lol, expecting more details as the anime progresses.

That ending though...this gets me hyped up every week, Soundtrack is remarkable, animation is great, and i have really high expectations for this series.

Another great episode of Taizai, definitely one of my favorites this season

5/5
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Nov 24, 2014 11:44 AM
Jan 2014
This is the best show currently airing along with fate/stay night for me. I'm officially a fan of ban <3
Nov 24, 2014 2:51 PM

Jun 2014
RIP.

Nov 24, 2014 5:28 PM

Oct 2013
FBISubs are out. And pretty good this time around. Apparently, the last translator, Obama-kun, was fired for purposely making bad translations by using Google Translator on Portuguese subs.
Nov 24, 2014 6:34 PM

Dec 2013
Loved Ban's flashback! So many feels. Pretty cool action. So hyped to see King go in!
Nov 24, 2014 6:35 PM

Jul 2013
Great episode. It was fun seeing that holy knight kick their butts and they still don't seem that serious.. Can't wait for next episode.

Am I the only one who is annoyed every time Elizabeth starts acting tough. I mean she was just running away from the fight, and when she saw King, she started acting like she was about to go fight with that spear she can't even move. If she had some type of fighting skill I would understand, but obviously she will just get in the way.
Nov 24, 2014 7:05 PM

May 2013
Good episode. Great to see a flashback of both Ban and Elaine. She could've drank the water but gave it to Ban instead. King finally sees his sister and asks him to help Ban. Can't wait for the next episode.
Nov 24, 2014 7:20 PM

Jun 2014
King is so confused, he has no idea what happened between Ban and Elain.

Nov 24, 2014 7:21 PM

Mar 2008
babymilo91 said:
Good episode. Great to see a flashback of both Ban and Elaine. She could've drank the water but gave it to Ban instead. King finally sees his sister and asks him to help Ban. Can't wait for the next episode.

Really showed the character of both of them in that moment. Ban and Elaine both wanting the other to drink the water and survive. It's just that Elaine was able to struggle enough to make the last decision about it.

Has to be some whiplash for King. Was so certain that Ban was responsible for the death of his sister and the destruction of the forest. Now not only is that revealed to not be the case, but he also finds out his sister has fallen for this guy XD.
Nov 24, 2014 8:13 PM

Jul 2010
The soundtrack is really amazing, really added to the feels ;_;

Elaine and Ban were so cute together, Ban wanting to make Elaine his and Elaine blushing from that.

Elaine getting fatally injured when trying to warn Ban. It was really quite the scene for her to pretend to drink it then gave it to Ban...

It was quite touching when Ban still said that he will make Elaine his T.T

Guila being that strong and is going against that many of the sins! Can't wait till the sins actually try. Loved how King used that way to attack Guila xD
Nov 24, 2014 9:19 PM

Aug 2013
I'm really disappointed on how they handled Ban and Elaine's flashback and their interaction in the present time, they messed it up man, it was so much more powerful in the manga. Anime rushed it.
Nov 24, 2014 10:17 PM

Jul 2013
Great episode. Never thought melidolas would get his ass kick lol
I can see why people like ban so much. Great character
Nov 24, 2014 10:37 PM

Oct 2011
Ban and Elaine T__T

Gulia is crazy.
Nov 24, 2014 11:12 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Feels episode ;_; Really close to crying but can't because my eyes are too dry from this dry weather. Ban is an interesting character and I like how he doesn't care to give any explanations, maybe because he does feel responsible for Elaine's death on some level. Although it's frustrating, can't really blame King for wanting to kill Ban because he doesn't know the truth. Well I don't think think anyone else does anyways. A touching and sad episode.
Nov 24, 2014 11:41 PM

Jul 2012
This holy knight is getting on my nerves, so she needs to die.

Great episode!!!
Nov 24, 2014 11:52 PM

Nov 2013
Holy shit that was some intense story between Ban and Elaine.
Nov 24, 2014 11:52 PM

Jun 2013
This episode was fucking amazing, Ban= insta favorite character.

Guila is pretty freaking awesome too

Fights gonna go down next episode yo
Nov 25, 2014 12:00 AM
Jun 2014
I really enjoyed this episode.
This anime never fails to make me laugh.

The reunion of Ban and Elaine was too cute.
Their flashback was so touching as well. <3
Happy to see King joining the battle cx
Nov 25, 2014 1:49 AM

Jun 2014
Ban became my fave instantly after this episode T_T
Nov 25, 2014 3:39 AM

Sep 2013
Poor Ban. Damn, the hype for his character is real.
Nov 25, 2014 4:31 AM

Jan 2011
I was waiting for this part to get animated and I absolutely loved it. Elaine x Ban forever. <3 Those flashbacks were nice but also heartbreaking. The emotional music that played was also really nice. Of course, Guila is just crazy powerful. Ban and King, team-up let's go~
Nov 25, 2014 4:50 AM

Apr 2013

Ah man. Ban x Elaine. "One day, I'll make you mine." That line just hit me square in them feels. That is how you do a god damn backstory. I hope that the rest of the Sins have something comparable.
Nov 25, 2014 5:56 AM

Sep 2014
Seeing Diane getting manhandled for the first time ever certainly was amusing, lol.
Nevertheless, excellent episode, as always. Can't wait to see what King does.
Also, Ban. <3
Nov 25, 2014 6:02 AM

Jun 2014
10/10 best episode , Ban the best <3 , tears where shed ... T^T
Nov 25, 2014 10:12 AM

Oct 2012
I think they animated Ban's backstory pretty well.

Loved this episode.
Nov 25, 2014 12:16 PM

Nov 2013
How I look every time Elizabeth is on the screen

Nov 25, 2014 12:53 PM

Apr 2014
I love this show.
Nov 25, 2014 1:19 PM

Jan 2014
Wow,wasnt expecting this much feels..10/5 episode...
Nov 25, 2014 1:55 PM

Apr 2014
Guila is such a beast.
Nov 25, 2014 2:57 PM
Jul 2018
It was a great episode. The interactions between Ban x Elaine were nice.

Guila was pretty strong to take three Sins at once.

That kiss scene between Ban and Elaine was pretty sweet.
Nov 25, 2014 2:58 PM

May 2012
nice ep.. love the OST cant wait to see king's power next ep..

Nov 25, 2014 3:22 PM

Aug 2014
Pretty well don episode, though it keeps alternating between the plot and the subplot. It kinda makes it a build-up episode with all dem emotions of Elaine and tragic backstory. Makes you sympathize with Ban a lot more as well as King.

Guila seems so badass and I swear when she opens her eyes her ability'll like double or something. love the character!

4/5. It was a good episode, just the alternation between kinda put me off. Of course I'm hoping for an epic fight next episode!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 25, 2014 3:37 PM

Sep 2011
Good episode overall but this pacing is really beginning to concern me.

Maybe I'm just being paranoid now after what happened with AkG but please A1 don't give us a filler ending or your own made up one.
Nov 25, 2014 4:09 PM

Oct 2013
Man Elaine x Ban. Sorta sad
Nov 25, 2014 4:19 PM

Jan 2013
Morcombe said:
Good episode overall but this pacing is really beginning to concern me.

Maybe I'm just being paranoid now after what happened with AkG but please A1 don't give us a filler ending or your own made up one.

They don't have to make a filler ending. My theory is that they will end this season with:

But I agree with you, the anime will suffer a lot with the skipping scenes.The thing that worries me most is
Forever_ANov 25, 2014 4:34 PM
Nov 25, 2014 6:23 PM

Dec 2012
Ban is awesome.
Nov 25, 2014 6:24 PM

Aug 2008
Ban and Meliodas best characters so far. Guila is OP.

Does Guila remain dead for the entire series when they get out of the capital of dead?
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2014

327 by Klumbdolt »»
Apr 22, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 22, 2015

175 by SilverHawk13 »»
Apr 11, 11:29 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2014

114 by borodino21 »»
Apr 7, 12:41 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2014

143 by borodino21 »»
Apr 7, 12:07 PM

» Do people actually like this? (Spoilers)

infinite_Shadows - Mar 14

30 by _Krypteia_ »»
Mar 23, 8:25 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.