Forum Settings
Forums
A Silent Voice
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 15, 2014 1:50 AM

Jan 2014
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
MaerowDec 20, 2016 6:01 AM
Nov 15, 2014 10:50 PM

Aug 2013
orithyea said:
See more info. --"

Wait, what am I looking for?

EDIT: Wait, I iz retard.
Nov 16, 2014 10:47 AM
Jun 2014
that sounds like a bad ending bad in the sense that not enough romance developed hope the anime can fix that and give a proper romantic ending. Honestly in the romance department this manga totally sucked I've seen better in manga that wasn;t even tagged as romance.
Nov 17, 2014 12:32 AM

Jan 2014
miwami said:
so there are gonna be two more chapters?

Nope, MAL counts the bonus chapters.
Nov 17, 2014 1:28 PM

Apr 2013
Wow. That ending was just...

...Underwhelming to say the least. I don't really mind open-ended endings (I prefer happy ones) or the lack of romance but almost nothing happened in this final chapter which is my larger complaint. There really wasn't a single development or event of any substance. Shouya isn't shown confronting his past friends, nothing in the rest of the group's future has really developed or changed, and there is little to no progress shown with the Shouya x Shouko relationship/romance. This was definitely one of the poorer open-ended finales that I've seen or read.

Now for the manga as a whole, it was still absolutely fantastic and one of my personal favorites (although I haven't read too much manga). You really don't see these kinds of controversial themes tackled and addressed with such depth and quality too often. So, from that perspective, I thought the story was very refreshing and the message that it sent to the readers was quite beautiful and poignant. I also fell in love with all the characters, so that made up for the sometimes weaker story. Although the story was not as weak as some have made it out to be.

I can't wait for the anime adaptation and how the communication between Shouya and Shouko is handled and presented. However, this is the one time that I'm praying for an anime original ending. Anyway, I got my money's worth over 64 (make that 63) great chapters. This is still a must-read.

9/10 & one final applause:

dankzelNov 19, 2014 6:10 PM
Nov 17, 2014 4:12 PM

Jun 2011
Dissapointed with the ending (not about romance emission, that wasn't really a theme of this work), but not as much as expected due to last 10-15 chapters. Rated it 6, would give it 7 if mangas about 'teh feels' was my thing.
BeatzMe said:
miwami said:
so there are gonna be two more chapters?

Nope, MAL counts the bonus chapters.

Oh, ffs. When did it happen? I seem to remember mal to count 62 chapters.
I am the Wrath of God. Who else is with me?
Nov 17, 2014 5:48 PM
Aug 2014
The ending is kinda meh, I wanted to see them confess or something.
Nov 18, 2014 5:11 AM

Sep 2014
For me, the ending was meh - but ok - the manga's focus isn't romance.
The text above may contain errors.
Nov 18, 2014 10:22 AM

Oct 2012
The ending is so meeeeeh. I expected something more romantic but this is a drama after all.
I'm learning English so maybe I make mistakes :)
Nov 18, 2014 11:28 AM

May 2008
I think the ending was perfect like this. I didn't read this manga to see romance in it and it wasn't even a major plot point so why the complain? It's not necessary to have at least one couple by the end of a story, is it?
Nov 18, 2014 12:05 PM

Oct 2013
Finally

5/10

One-shot was better
Nov 18, 2014 12:07 PM

Nov 2012
Didn't have the same feels or was as good as the one shot imo 8/10.
Nov 18, 2014 3:54 PM

Jan 2014
To be honest the lack of romance ending doesn't hurt my thoughts on this manga in the slightest. I enjoyed it more for the message that it sends, the message that people can change for the better and right the wrongs that they may have once commited. For that I applaud the mangaka for such a nice run of a series I've loved to read every week for the past year.

9/10
Hi Friends
Nov 18, 2014 4:32 PM
Mar 2008
The oneshot was pretty good, but then the story went nowhere.
6/10
Nov 18, 2014 5:45 PM

Oct 2013
-Drake- said:
To be honest the lack of romance ending doesn't hurt my thoughts on this manga in the slightest. I enjoyed it more for the message that it sends, the message that people can change for the better and right the wrongs that they may have once commited. For that I applaud the mangaka for such a nice run of a series I've loved to read every week for the past year.

9/10

Very well said - I agree completely. I really don't understand why many people were expecting so much in the romance department.

Wonderful manga with a good ending, in my opinion.
Nov 18, 2014 5:53 PM

Jun 2013
That's so not cool. I needed to see Nishimiya and Ishida be together as a proper couple~! Although I think Ueno getting all mad at their sign language flirting was hilarious.

Well now what do I do with my Wednesdays?
Nov 18, 2014 6:04 PM
Apr 2014
God, that cliffhanger ending. I wanted to see them get together or their future together or at least them entering the door to their elementary "friends".

But overall, it was a great read, I loved it.
Nov 18, 2014 6:07 PM

Oct 2014
AAAAH!!! THAT LAST CHAPTER WAS TOO DAMN SHORT!!!!

Hrmmm.... But I think I'm okay with it... Gotta agree about it being underwhelming, as for development.... I think there is a development by the last. I mean, you can see that the Ishida in the ending seems to be more optimistic than the Ishida at the start of the series... The same goes with Shoko, I should say. Ueno's development is kinda nice too, at least now she is more than a "rough bitch" like she used to. Nothing much about Nagatsuka, Yuzuru, or Mashiba.

As for Sho x Sho, I already predict that it there will be no confession or whatsoever. And hey, I'm okay with it (for me, though). And am I the only one here that think that that holding hand panel at the end was actually cute and beautiful in some ways? Nah, pretty sure there are some more people, right? :3

If there are things that I should rant about this manga, is that the story stretch quite longer than it should be. With this kind of story and ending, this should be like Kurosawa which finish only for 30 chaps if it really about to be serialized IMO. Ending this in 62 chaps make the sharpness of the story getting duller. Well, still I think at 62 the beauty of the story is still exist, only it is weaker than it's beginning.

And then Kawai. The friggin' Kawai. Why on earth does this friggin' girl get little development?? This by far is the weakest part of the story for me. The girl is manipulative and victimize herself like f!ck while it's actually other people fall victim by her. Acting all melodrama in hope to save only her sorry ass. And even until the end, I still don't see her realize her mistake. By far, the only time she was "hit" was when she suggest that 1000 cranes and people talk shit behind her, and when that judging of the movie. And that doesn't seem to be effective...

All in all, despite its flaws, Koe no Katachi is a beautiful manga about a journey for redemption. Well, maybe the ending was left like that to emphasize the "journey" more.. Though I felt there could be more effective way than that. Still, it deserves an applause.

8/10. Mainstream Enjoyment. Could be 9/10, but the reasons I said up there makes it not to.

And now, for the anime. Get on the hype train, boys and girls.

New_-Nov 18, 2014 8:17 PM
HOW TO SAVE ANIME IN THREE SIMPLE STEPS

1. To have Mars of Destruction, Skelter Heaven, and Pupa properly adapted in TV series form by Madhouse
  2. To have Inferno Cop properly adapted in TV series form by Bones, director: Urobuchi Gen
  3. An anime crossover of Mushishi x ARIA x Haibane Renmei.

Should even one of the above conditions cannot be done, anime is still at risk.
Nov 18, 2014 6:07 PM

Dec 2011
Feeling fulfilled and unfulfilled at the same time.

It was very good to see the development and progress of both Ishida and Nishimiya (especially Ishida) from the very beginning until the end, but at the same time, I would like to see the 'confirmation' that both of them get the happy ending they deserved. But oh well, like someone said in this thread, the romance is not exactly the main focus in this manga.

Overall, I really liked it. Great story, memorable characters, would love to read it again in one-go.
9/10.
Nov 18, 2014 6:08 PM

Nov 2011
Well its' over. I enjoyed the series overall but I was hoping the final chapter would be a bit longer and those last few panels be more memorable. 8/10. Can't wait to see how the anime will adapt this now that the manga is complete.
Nov 18, 2014 6:13 PM

Jul 2012
So short ;_;

Well, it was a good ride. 8/10

Looking forward to the anime!
Nov 18, 2014 6:13 PM
Mar 2012
And here comes the last chapter. A satisfying end, but at the same time disappointing since they hinted romance, but never confirmed or showed it. The hand holding though as he led her inside~ <3
Nov 18, 2014 6:19 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
I loved this series, although the ending left much it quite open, I am still sorta hoping for a sequel one shot of possible an anime original ending that extends beyond this.

I would rate this last chap an 8, but the other chapters were great and this series is one that I will remember forever. I remember frantically searching for the name of the one shot when I saw a few manga caps of the one shot. Who knew there would be so many series (OK ONLY LIKE ONE BUT IT KEPT COMING MORE OFTEN THAN THIS ONE) about a deaf girl. So glad I spent my time looking for it, this was so lovely :)

Final score for the series, 10.
Nov 18, 2014 6:50 PM

May 2013
I'm still waiting for the kiss between Nishimiya and Ishida. Anyways, I'm gonna miss this manga.
Nov 18, 2014 6:56 PM

Sep 2011
The ending was disappointing but I liked the manga as a whole.

The ending was just too mediocre. Nothing really happened compared to earlier chs.

The mangaka did not credibly age up the characters neither in art nor behavior for that time skip either. Plus I would have expected a lot more development - not just romantically but that too - for them to be turning adults. They all looked like they were 15/16 not 20.

However, as a whole, this is a good manga but in some ways did not live up to the one shot; well, the one shot was a 10 and the manga was more like an 8 / 8.5 when taken as a whole, so very, very good but still not quite at the same level. I will also miss this series, just was hoping for an ending with more impact to carry it through like the rest of the series.
inzarathaNov 18, 2014 7:03 PM
Nov 18, 2014 7:03 PM

Jul 2012
inzaratha said:
However, as a whole, this is a good manga but in some ways did not live up to the one shot; well, the one shot was a 10 and the manga was more like an 8 / 8.5 when taken as a whole, so very, very good but still not quite at the same level.

+1
Nov 18, 2014 7:09 PM

Aug 2014
The Manga started off very strong but fell apart a bit towards the end.
Nov 18, 2014 7:12 PM

Dec 2013
what a ride, really glad i stumbled upon this manga all those months ago.

as someone who wished there was more romantic development, i can acknowledge that the point of this manga was not romance. just because people say they wished there was more romance does not mean they're saying it takes away anything from this amazing manga tho (at least i hope so).

farewell my dear ueno.
Nov 18, 2014 7:13 PM

Apr 2012
in the end no kiss nor confession, ok... :(

at least i enjoy this from start to end.
Nice manga 8/10 :D

Nov 18, 2014 7:14 PM
Oct 2008
Great Manga had a couple flaws here and there but overall a very well-made Manga 8/10.

Eagerly Anticipating this Woman's Next Work.
Nov 18, 2014 7:15 PM

Feb 2010
not enough drama towards the end. everything before the suicide attempt was golden the whole coma thing was cringy to read.
Nov 18, 2014 7:16 PM

Apr 2011
uhmm..that was the ending? It's really vague. would have been better if they added another volume.
Nov 18, 2014 7:18 PM

Aug 2014
checkdafool said:
not enough drama towards the end. everything before the suicide attempt was golden the whole coma thing was cringy to read.
Perfect way of saying it.
Nov 18, 2014 7:26 PM

Aug 2012
It had a good start but went downhill midway. I'll probably be one of the rare guys who'll say that this manga is not that special... and this has nothing to do with how underwhelming the ending was.
Nov 18, 2014 7:27 PM

Jul 2012
julyan said:
I'll probably be one of the rare guys who'll say that this manga is not that special... and this has nothing to do with how underwhelming the ending was.

There's like four people in this thread commenting on how it went downhill lol
You're not the only one :/
Nov 18, 2014 7:27 PM

Jul 2008
The final chapter was disappointing, but Ishida's redemption was a satisfying journey. However, those saying the series wasn't a romance are kidding themselves somewhat; it just wasn't in your face, most of the time it was subtle and humanly developed. Ishida didn't want Nishimiya to leave for Tokyo - but didn't care where Ueno or Sahara went - because he's in love with her. Plus, though it wasn't explicitly stated, Ueno's final thing Ishida isn't aware of is most likely in relation to his feelings towards Nishimiya. Let's not forget the time Nishimiya shouted "I love you" to Ishida, either. One of the authors less subtle hints. It was a shame that, within chapters, it was glossed over and Nishimiya never stated her feelings again. Very unfortunate the romance aspect didn't arrive at a solid conclusion, and the two year time-skip didn't feel very authentic, either. Still, a good read for the most part. The best thing about the final chapter was Pedro.
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
Nov 18, 2014 7:29 PM

Aug 2012
mayukachan said:
julyan said:
I'll probably be one of the rare guys who'll say that this manga is not that special... and this has nothing to do with how underwhelming the ending was.

There's like four people in this thread commenting on how it went downhill lol
You're not the only one :/

I didn't claim I'm the only one :(
Nov 18, 2014 7:48 PM

May 2012
Am content...I guess.

And are Ueno and Sahara a thing? O_o
Nov 18, 2014 7:49 PM

Dec 2013
julyan said:
It had a good start but went downhill midway. I'll probably be one of the rare guys who'll say that this manga is not that special... and this has nothing to do with how underwhelming the ending was.
i really liked this manga, but i too thought the ending was a bit underwhelming. i also would've appreciated a 30ish page last chapter. just felt so quick to end it all :(
ah well, look forward to the anime adaptation (inb4 anime ending is changed to be more romantic ;) just calling it now folks [my biased wishes])
Nov 18, 2014 7:50 PM

Feb 2013
Such a perfect manga, loved it completely.

BUT THAT ENDING IS NOT SATISFYING AT ALL ;_;
Nov 18, 2014 7:54 PM

Sep 2013
Hm. Not the ending I was expecting but overall of the story is amazing.

Though I think the author should have shown both the leads meet their ex-classmates, it would've been more fulfilling. All the lessons they've learnt led them back to confront old faces. And I was actually hoping in that situation, whatever way the ex-classmates express towards both leads it would somehow confirm them as a couple.

But Eh it's all good though, I liked the ending so 9/10.
Nov 18, 2014 7:58 PM

Apr 2013
The ending was rather underwhelming, and I didn't even care that much about the romance aspect. Not sure what I was expecting. Gonna keep it as a 10/10 since I don't think it went 'downhill,' just that the last handful of chapters kind of ran out of steam.

Now to the anime adaptation
Nov 18, 2014 8:15 PM

Aug 2013
Man... I thought they were going to kiss at the end. Either way the series was a very enjoyable read for the most part. Saw that an anime adaption in the works. Will watch it if it is official.
Nov 18, 2014 8:19 PM

Sep 2011
I really enjoyed the manga, but the ending was awful.
Nov 18, 2014 8:27 PM

Oct 2014
julyan said:

Going downhill, yes. Not that special, I don't think so. IMO, Shoya's journey to redemption is commendable and.... beautiful in some ways. I don't know about you, but Koe no Katachi is one of the "specials" I've found in the world of manga. Of course, it's not like I've read a lot, but there are some manga that I considered "special", and Koe no Katachi is one of them, regardless its ending.
HOW TO SAVE ANIME IN THREE SIMPLE STEPS

1. To have Mars of Destruction, Skelter Heaven, and Pupa properly adapted in TV series form by Madhouse
  2. To have Inferno Cop properly adapted in TV series form by Bones, director: Urobuchi Gen
  3. An anime crossover of Mushishi x ARIA x Haibane Renmei.

Should even one of the above conditions cannot be done, anime is still at risk.
Nov 18, 2014 8:53 PM

May 2014
manga was good but idk how i feel about this ending... not necessarily just the romance part. i was thinking about doing another film together and actually getting commended for it. or maybe showing a time skip to how they are a few years later? but it was still a good read. i will miss this manga qq zz
Nov 18, 2014 8:56 PM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
A strong story of redemption that took off really well and showed many admirable and not so tasteful things about people. It was a story that had potential, and this serialisation employed it well. I think I lost track somewhere and was hoping for romance, but this last chapter really reinforced the idea to me that this is simply Ishida's journey to change himself and that is all this tale needs to be incredibly heartfelt and unique.
Nov 18, 2014 8:57 PM

Feb 2014
Ngl, I was disappointed that there wasn't a confession. The chapter felt short. Well in the end ishida was ready to face his past along with nishimiya. Yay for the anime adaption.
The higher I get , The lower I'll sink.

Nov 18, 2014 9:06 PM

Aug 2013
I don't really mind the actual confirmation that Ishida and Nishimiya's a couple. This is a story of Ishida's journey to redemption and I think the mangaka did a fine job with it. Bullying, repentance and redemption; definitely the first of its kind that I've read.

I'm more curious about Ueno's ring. Left hand, ring finger? Sahara-san, oh my oh my! XD
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Nov 18, 2014 9:12 PM

Sep 2013
I felt like a lot of things were rushed in the last few chapters, but then this finale presented very little new.. An ok ending to a fantastic series, looking forward to the anime and the official english release.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Difference?

Mangahater - Apr 19

9 by Zarutaku »»
Apr 20, 1:32 AM

Poll: » Koe no Katachi Chapter 61 Discussion

Ana - Nov 9, 2014

45 by KanYeeT »»
Apr 19, 7:41 AM

Poll: » Koe no Katachi Chapter 57 Discussion

Maerow - Oct 11, 2014

40 by KanYeeT »»
Apr 19, 6:46 AM

Poll: » Koe no Katachi Chapter 50 Discussion

Ana - Aug 26, 2014

39 by KanYeeT »»
Apr 19, 3:35 AM

Poll: » Koe no Katachi Chapter 48 Discussion - Kawai Miki ( 1 2 )

Ana - Aug 2, 2014

60 by KanYeeT »»
Apr 19, 2:45 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.