Forum Settings
Forums
New
Satisfied with the Ending?
Nov 6, 2014 11:45 AM
Mar 2012
The last chapter obviously had some wish fulfillment, pretty much making all the popular pairing canon. The time skip was guaranteed, but I liked how everyone was older. (Except Anko got fat...) To be honest, I couldn't ask for more since I didn't want the series to drag out any longer. Overall, I felt satisfied. Could it have been better? Perhaps, but I don't have any ideas as to how.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 6, 2014 11:57 AM
Mar 2011
well there were more than few unanswered questions but overall it was satisfying. The biggest downer was the huge time skip... i so wanted to see some naruhina dating and more...
Nov 6, 2014 12:03 PM

Aug 2011
I am satisfied despite the loose ends.
It was a good reading nevertheless.
Nov 6, 2014 12:09 PM

Mar 2010
I voted yes because overall I was satisfied, however, for all the wrong reasons. Couples being one, seeing everyone older second and seeing everyone's families and lives third. Still, I have to say that it felt rushed and too focusing on relationships. SasuSaku should have been completely left out (even though I ship it) because I see no way how it could have happened after everything. It's a very unhealthy relationship. Some other relationships also felt forced especially compared to how many of the previous generation stayed single. Unless you see Kakashi/Gai canon. In that case ignore my previous statement.

The plot itself was concluded in a very bad way which didn't touch upon the ideas of hate cycle, new society or even aftermath of the war. It led us to believe that everyone has just returned to their homes and went on with their lives as if nothing happened. Which is just dumb.

In other words, for a manga that was constantly talking about how a change is necessary, spending the last chapter on shipping with literally no change seen anywhere is lazy writing.
Nov 6, 2014 12:09 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
I'm quite satisfied with the ending. Disregarding the time skip, there's not much to complain about, except I wanted to see what became of Orochimaru. This guy is my 2nd favorite villain from this franchise (used to be 1st before Pain arrived).
Hopefully, he's still alive using some of his his crazy snake jutsus.

Looking forward to the spin-off series next year.

Nov 6, 2014 12:20 PM

Apr 2013
No.
Nov 6, 2014 12:22 PM

May 2010
Hmh, in general I am satisfied, but agree, last chapter was reaaally forced, showing everyone's happy life and the couples, where some of them were really forced. I'd rather see a smaller time-skip, few years into the future, something like the timeline of the new movie. And focusing more on NaruHina, but oh well.

If there is a thing I'm ABSOLUTELY upset about, it's the SasuSaku pairing.... Like the worst nightmare coming true.
Nov 6, 2014 12:23 PM

Jun 2014
neutral because I didnt see naruto dating Hinata :C. I'm pretty sure Hinata was the initiator of it all :(! Would of been great to watch.

Naruto and Hinata slice of life romcom 2015 Spring. BE THERE!
Nov 6, 2014 12:25 PM

Dec 2013
I thought that SasuSaku was like totally delusional shipping, like something Sasha x Potato from AoT, because it was so unbelieveable to me, but...
Nov 6, 2014 12:31 PM

Aug 2014
I did not like the art... it is like some other manga...
I did not like how he drew older naruto, gaara, also hinata and many more, sakura looks the same and only good looking is sasuke, Kishi even destoyed my fav ino face... Not only their faces and haircuts but body too (hinata), kankuro looks like bald jedi... It just doesn't look like Kishi drew this...
about story... its also lame, all the kids... and sasuke and sakura kid looks like little karin :O
Maybe sasuke cheated with karin and used genjutsu on sakura to make her think its her kid so he can travel alone away from this modern cities... come on wtf is this city in the back ok leaf village? tokyo? kyoto? lol
anyway.. who is this gil with kiba...
Thyriad-oPPailovNov 6, 2014 12:34 PM
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Nov 6, 2014 12:33 PM

Apr 2010
I don't know how to feel about it. I feel somewhat underwhelmed but I can't really think of any other way to end it.

It just feels kinda loose, y'know?
Nov 6, 2014 12:34 PM

Mar 2014
Overall yes. Some things are left unsettled though, and the pairings came out of nowhere. I hope the movie will solve these problems. Despite that, it felt really conclusive and nostalgic, it reminded me of the first chapters.
Nov 6, 2014 12:41 PM

Jan 2009
yep he became hokage anyway so his dream was fulfilled
Nov 6, 2014 12:43 PM

Nov 2012
Was pretty meh,but satisfying I guess (could have been better).
Nov 6, 2014 12:45 PM

Oct 2011
He became Hokage and that was his goal TwT
Nov 6, 2014 12:47 PM
Nov 2009
No, for god sake people! it was like a cheap shojo ending, Why everyone has to have a love interest for being happy? why the fuck sakura's doughter looks like Karin?! the world is too perfect it is almost like they are still trapped in the infinite tsukuyomi. (sorry for my bad english, it is my third language)
Nov 6, 2014 12:48 PM

Feb 2013
Sourire said:
No.

Nov 6, 2014 12:49 PM

Oct 2007
Just as expected, the ending was retarded just like the rest of the manga, but of course that's not satisfying. Wish at least the ending would be good.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 6, 2014 12:51 PM

Oct 2012
I was satisfied, the one thing I didn't like was Ino and Sai's mutant offspring, I mean wtf is that!? Sai trolled us by existing RIGHT to the end >:( wish they would've shown what happned to Karen, Suigetsu and Orochimaru though :(
Nov 6, 2014 12:56 PM

Jun 2014
Democracy said:
I was satisfied, the one thing I didn't like was Ino and Sai's mutant offspring, I mean wtf is that!? Sai trolled us by existing RIGHT to the end >:( wish they would've shown what happned to Karen, Suigetsu and Orochimaru though :(

hopefully they feature in the film
Nov 6, 2014 12:56 PM

Jan 2013
Too much Sasuke to my taste.

The two final chapters could be Naruto's glorification with a cliche party. He being recognized as a hero.

It seems that Kishimoto really hates Naruto, and Sasuke is his true protagonista.
Nov 6, 2014 12:57 PM

May 2011
Peralisc said:
Just as expected, the ending was retarded just like the rest of the manga, but of course that's not satisfying. Wish at least the ending would be good.
*Cringey anime weeb stuff*
Nov 6, 2014 12:57 PM

Dec 2013
Peralisc said:

So you follow a 'retarded' manga for 700 chapters and expect the ending to be good? Wait but you said you expected it to be retarded. I was just about to praise your willpower.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Nov 6, 2014 12:59 PM

Mar 2013
Kishimoto should have finished his manga after Pain/Nagato's x Naruto fight, that sealed the defeating of the Akatsuki organization.

The 4th war ruined kishimoto's manga.
We saw a lot of nonsense explosions in the pages, unexplained powers, overpower characters (madara), overused EDO TENSEI, bad plot (THAT KAGUYA STUFF IN THE END ALMOST KILLED ME).
IMO.

7/10 overall; kinda sad of what the manga became, big fan since my childhood.
Not that I didin't liked the end, but I really hated the 'war arc'

I was praying for the end: ''please god make kishimoto stop, don't let him ruin his manga more than he already did''.
_junoNov 6, 2014 1:04 PM
Nov 6, 2014 1:09 PM

Dec 2009
Could've done without the kids (or at least those stupid ass names) and all but still, end of an era I say, and please can Bleach be next.

Nov 6, 2014 1:11 PM

Apr 2014
Pretty satisfied with the ending but still sad that it did end.

Jan 2012
badwolf45f said:
Sourire said:
No.

Mar 2012
To be honest, I rather prefer an all out fight to the death of Naruto and Sasuke with no talk no jutsu bullshit.

I wanted one of them to die, and it was even foreshadowed that "the next time [they] fight, one of [them] will die", is what Naruto said.

I also didnt really like the pairings, its way too weird after seeing how they suddenly became together, especially some characters like Ino with Sai, and Chouji with that girl from the Cloud Village. It kinda felt how Goku suddenly married Chichi and got kids. It's kinda off character to me, but who knows, time did changed them.

And Gaara.. that hair. Who are you now? Commander of the Recon Squad?

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Nov 6, 2014 1:12 PM

Oct 2011
Satisfied?Kind of.It was alright.

But it was far from perfect,like this series :/.There were good things,bad things & unanswered questions.But,it's nothing to complain about.
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
Nov 6, 2014 1:14 PM

Dec 2010
Fuck the SasuSaku pairing

Besides that, I mean, what else could he do to end it? It was fine.

Raven-kun said:
And Gaara.. that hair. Who are you now? Commander of the Recon Squad?

LOL word
Nov 6, 2014 1:16 PM

Jun 2014
To the people who continue to question everything just calm down. All will be explained in the movie so be patient. There was a time skip for a reason
Nov 6, 2014 1:18 PM

May 2013
Overall, yes. I'm still crying over Sai and Ino's tragic offspring.
And Salad Uchiha.
Nov 6, 2014 1:19 PM

Feb 2011
julyachan said:
Kishimoto should have finished his manga after Pain/Nagato's x Naruto fight, that sealed the defeating of the Akatsuki organization.

We saw a lot of nonsense explosions in the pages, unexplained powers, overpower characters (madara), overused EDO TENSEI, bad plot (THAT KAGUYA STUFF IN THE END ALMOST KILLED ME).
IMO.

I was praying for the end: ''please god make kishimoto stop, don't let him ruin his manga more than he already did''.

In my humble opinion, Kishimoto did a Toriyama of himself if you follow my drift.
Like Dragonball should have ended after volume 33, Naruto should have ended after Pain Nagato.
Forever Berserk
Nov 6, 2014 1:21 PM

Jul 2013
HikaruIzumi said:
SasuSaku should have been completely left out (even though I ship it) because I see no way how it could have happened after everything. It's a very unhealthy relationship.

In other words, for a manga that was constantly talking about how a change is necessary, spending the last chapter on shipping with literally no change seen anywhere is lazy writing.

This is one of my main problems with the ending. I can tolerate NaruHina because it was developed at least a little bit, but SasuSaku was so unhealthy throughout the whole manga and there was no healing process to cover it up. Sasuke literally just said "I'm sorry for everything" and that was that. Way too forced. They should have just stayed single (if Sakura wasn't going to get with Naruto at least).

They included a funeral scene for Neji but they didn't even show Lee/Tenten/Guy. Just Naruto and Hinata...which kind of upsets me because it further solidifies to me that his death was just a "bonding experience" for them since all Hinata thought about after he died was Naruto.

The only part of the ending that felt truly natural for me was the resolution between Naruto and Sasuke. Everything else basically went unchanged/not addressed with the exception of couples and children. So Kishimoto basically pulled a Digimon on us.
Nov 6, 2014 1:26 PM

Aug 2011
Of course no.
It was Harry potter's end.. oh wait
Nov 6, 2014 1:26 PM

Mar 2014
Hell no. I wanted to see Sasuke fucking Sakura in the ass.
Nov 6, 2014 1:32 PM

Jun 2013
I'm satisfied with some stuff, and others... well not so much. I like the fact that Naruto is Hokage, that's nice. I also like some of the kids. Well the ending was rushed and all, but part 3 is coming so... that's that.
Nov 6, 2014 1:32 PM

Mar 2014
Humza_96 said:
Sasukes said he was sorry for everything he did and realised the errors of his way? And everyone has forgiven him.
Umm... no?
Nov 6, 2014 1:33 PM

Mar 2009
And they all had sex. THE END.
Literally, that was the ending.

...overall, I'm neutral.
Nov 6, 2014 1:34 PM

Jul 2013
It wasn't too bad, but some of the pairings...Sasuke and Sakura???(umm never), hopefully the movie is canon and can show what happened during the time skip. I think it needed another chapter or two to make the endings better as some of the characters were completely sidelined; such as Yamato, Orochimaru and the other members of taka.

Although maybe the short stories will give us the development most of us are craving
"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." - Dr Seuss
Nov 6, 2014 1:36 PM
Nov 2008
Neutral. Only thing I'm unsatisfied of is that even in the end we did not get to see what is under Kakashis mask.
Nov 6, 2014 1:36 PM

Dec 2008
No. One of the worst endings ever. AFTER FUCKING 15 YEARS.
Nov 6, 2014 1:37 PM

May 2010
julyachan said:

IMO.

FINALLY, someone who agrees! I didn't like the War Arc and it should have ended where you said it should have. Well said.
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Nov 6, 2014 1:42 PM

Oct 2014
I think the ending was great, (even thou I have never been a hinata-naruto fan)it made me cry, the ending was all I ever wanted.
The only dissapointing thing that I feel was not watching the Naruto and Sasuke chunnin exams, that I would have loved to watch
"It's like Tolstoy said. Happiness is an allegory, unhappiness a story"

"And the sense of tragedy-according to Aristotle.comes, ironically enough, not from the protagonist's weak points but from his good qualities. Do you know what I'm getting at? People are drawn deeper into tragedy not by their defects but by their virtues"

Kafka on the shore by Haruki Murakami...the man that was the inspiration for Sen Takatsuki

Nov 6, 2014 1:44 PM
Nov 2014
With the very last chapter, I'm satisfied. Soooo predictable but still well done I'd say.

With the overall ending, not even a little bit. It was TERRIBLE. Basically everything is wrong, as the people above me already said: random Genkidamas, powers/abilities popping out of nowhere, unbelievably bad plot... I hate Kishimoto for destroying his own masterpiece.
Nov 6, 2014 1:45 PM

May 2014
I liked the direction they were going with the ending, but it was a bit underwhelming. But either way, I'm sad to see part of my childhood end :(
Nov 6, 2014 2:01 PM

Mar 2013
TBSM said:
In my humble opinion, Kishimoto did a Toriyama of himself if you follow my drift.
Like Dragonball should have ended after volume 33, Naruto should have ended after Pain Nagato.

Yeah dude I follow. I really don't know why this happends with some authors.

IchigoHollowfi said:

FINALLY, someone who agrees! I didn't like the War Arc and it should have ended where you said it should have. Well said.

yess FINALLY, someone who agrees! ²
_junoNov 6, 2014 2:05 PM
Nov 6, 2014 2:01 PM

Jul 2012
DravenIkae said:
No, for god sake people! it was like a cheap shojo ending, Why everyone has to have a love interest for being happy?

I think so too. The last two chapters didn't impress me as much as chapter 698. I expected something more than a one big happy family ending. But whatever, it's Kishimoto's story.
Nov 6, 2014 2:06 PM

May 2008
robis798 said:
I thought that SasuSaku was like totally delusional shipping, like something Sasha x Potato from AoT, because it was so unbelieveable to me, but...

Exactly. I thought that it was impossible for Sasuke to end with Sakura or rather Sakura being so stupid and still loving Sasuke after everything he has done to her. Are here any SasuSaku fan? Can someone explain why someone would ship pairing, where the guy abuse and treat women so unrespectively and she still loves him? She ended raising her child alone for fuck's sake ;/

thyriadOppailov said:
anyway.. who is this gil with kiba...

That;s her probably:
Nov 6, 2014 2:14 PM
Aug 2009
where the hell is scene with elders arguing over Naruto becoming hokage despite being moron?? where the hell is a freaking humo?r we didnt see any interactions after war in Team 7 etc. Movie better deliver... right now "Neutral" might change depending on the movie
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 342 Discussion

kittykun2011 - Nov 8, 2008

5 by Chfenj_ »»
Apr 13, 9:54 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 244 Discussion

Thystrix - Mar 20, 2016

6 by Chfenj_ »»
Mar 30, 9:34 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 649 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Blaine - Oct 2, 2013

74 by actuallytom »»
Mar 29, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 97 Discussion

jeanfarias - Aug 7, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 13, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 87 Discussion

jeanfarias - Jul 4, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 12, 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.