Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 18, 2014 9:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well that's harsh. A bit of labor in that weather?

Anyways, it was what I had expected this episode as Ange faces the horror of what she has to go through. RIP LONG HAIR. Well this was obvious but yeah, she made her resolve now.
Oct 18, 2014 9:55 AM

Apr 2013
BRAVO FUKUDA

CLAP CLAP CLAP

ANGE KILLSTREAK DOES NOT STOP

But hey, at least she ate the pudding.
Oct 18, 2014 10:53 AM

Nov 2008
Sunrise: One stop shop for enjoyable death scenes

Poor Miranda, she got torn to pieces and eaten by dragons at least Coco didn't suffer much when she was shot in two. I'm glad Zola died though she was a bitch.

The way Ange's Paramail awakened was quite cool and it's performance is excellent, I'm glad she's realizing the horrors she and the Norma have to go though and to realize that she's no longer the pampered princess she once was.

Oct 18, 2014 12:26 PM

Apr 2011
To think that Miranda would follow Cocoa, but got a worse death by getting eaten alive. Another poor soul. About Zola? I don't care about her.
Oct 18, 2014 2:37 PM

Mar 2013
Yeah, Ange finally cut her hair. Maybe she'll be more cooler now.

Did I just see Ange pee in herself, or were my eyes deceiving me?
sweet5Oct 18, 2014 4:06 PM
.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Oct 18, 2014 3:20 PM

Jan 2013
I know it was a recap from the previous episode, but in the start when that girl dies, and they start
playing the OP song just felt so.. weird.. and a bit funny.

I'm no fan of the brutal deaths (except when that girl got eaten by the dragons), but liking this show so far.
The dragons vs. mecha concept is something I find quite enjoyable :3
Oct 18, 2014 4:10 PM

Mar 2014
sweet5 said:
Yeah, Ange finally cut her hair. Maybe she'll be more cooler now.

Did I just see Ange pee in herself, or were my eyes deceiving me?

yes she did
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 18, 2014 4:44 PM

Jan 2008
Jeez this episode. Bouncing ass shots, pissing self, erect nipples and eating pudding with only a top and panties on. Can't wait to see what future episodes hold in store for us.

Anyways, Ange's mech reminded me of Suzaku's Lancelot (Code Geass). Probably just the colors.
Oct 19, 2014 2:52 AM

Apr 2014
As I thought Coco wasn't the only one to Die. RIP in pieces "Miranda Campbell" and Captain "Zola Axberg" they all died because of Ange.

Damn that bandages! And Ange really deserves to be hit like that! She deserted her comrades and let them died on front of her!

Wow. She wanted to die but she become scared of dying? What was that? And she had pissed herself (peed herself) because of what she had imagined of being killed by the DRAGON like what happened to Coco and Miranda. But she fought the DRAGON and kill it all by herself! Yes Vilkiss has awakened!

At last Ange accepted the truth that she can't go back anymore for being a Princess and she accepted fer fate being a Norma. And wait what was that ring for real?

Hell! So those kinds previews was intentional huh? They really want to messed it up!
I thought there will be no more Yuri for next episode because Zola died but it was confirmed on the next episode's preview!
Haters always gonna hate.
Oct 19, 2014 2:59 AM

Nov 2012
hahaha the infamous tokyo ghoul negative censors!
ange killing spree lmao, the milf mother-coco-*whatever her name*-zola hahahhaha
and that philosopher stone, strike freedom lol

dem preview, and where is my jesus yamato??????
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Oct 19, 2014 3:00 AM

Dec 2010
Lol Ange you not only kill Coco, but Miranda and Zola (didn't expect the captain too).
Pure entertainment, this remind me of late 90 animes, pure sexy and violent.

The censorship is here (crunchyroll however is less censored) but fortunately bds will save us as always. :)
Oct 19, 2014 3:00 AM

Jul 2012
Wow.. just wow.. I certainly did not expect a massacre and blood spraying all over the screen. I think Ange is finally realizing that there is no way back to the way she is used to.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Oct 19, 2014 3:33 AM

Aug 2014
I like this show. Okey the fanservice is there but i can stand it. It´s like look a alternative version of Muv-Luv.
Oct 19, 2014 3:35 AM

Jan 2012
Pissing scenes, erect nipples, and blood gushing eyesockets oh my! I declare this my so bad it's kinda entertaining/yes I really am that bored show for this season. Amazingly enough despite(effectively) killing three girls, her own mother, and a little girl I still think I prefer Ange to Lelouche though. :D
Oct 19, 2014 4:13 AM

Aug 2012
I just can't stop laughing when watching this episode, it's ridiculousity is beyond my imagination. I don't know if the staff did this on purpose or try to write something serious but failed miserably, either way I am sure I won't drop this show now.
Oct 19, 2014 4:15 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
If this show continues in the 'we're gonna shock the viewers with how graphic we'll be' kind of mode I wonder what they have in store for us for around episode 20? LOL.

Was she always wearing that ring? It looks likey they pulled that one out of their azzz.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 19, 2014 4:17 AM

May 2013
FINALLY ANGE CUTS HER HAIR AND GOT HER RESOLVE. Although she doesn't even realize that 3 people died because of her acts. Oh well, she ate Coco's pudding at the end!

Btw, the moments she pee herself, I was laughing too hard. LMAO
The world shall know the truth soon.
Oct 19, 2014 4:33 AM

Feb 2014

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, the best girl is gone :(
Oct 19, 2014 5:00 AM

Jun 2013
I love how they put happy music in the recap when the girl gets killed.

Gotta love ange pissing herself and then getting hard after killing a dragon.

Best part about the episode gotta be Ange using the Stone Mask and her mecha becoming a vampire.
Oct 19, 2014 5:23 AM

Jul 2014
This episode was surprisingly entertaining.

erect nipples, pissing, lots of deaths, and Ange being badass

thank god that Zola bitch died. 5/5 for Zola's shitty death.
Oct 19, 2014 5:33 AM

Jul 2009
Too bad Zola got killed, she was a bitch but I somehow think she did it all fun lol
I guess the yuri will more "smooth" now with Hilda.
Oct 19, 2014 5:34 AM

Apr 2013
pretty good episode. not a fan of deus ex machina ring
Oct 19, 2014 5:37 AM

Jun 2013
holy shit that was a bloody good episode
Oct 19, 2014 6:56 AM

Jul 2007
Marzan said:
Was she always wearing that ring? It looks likey they pulled that one out of their azzz.

Nope, Jill had it always with her. She probably anticipated Anges wish to survive and gave her the ring when she was wounded. Probably knew, that that mecha could only transform with that ring.
Oct 19, 2014 7:13 AM
Oct 2012
i actually enjoyed epi 3 ._.
showed great promise for next epis
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Himel_713&sclick=1]
Oct 19, 2014 7:33 AM

Jan 2013
I was expecting that death last episode, but i didn't expect these 2 deaths on this one.
Still, the MC was still whining about things but suddenly at the end she stopped, they should had done that better.
Oct 19, 2014 7:36 AM

Oct 2013
''Belive or not, the pudding have expiration date'' by Tallahassee from Zombieland (modified), already passed 3 day in the trash cube
Oct 19, 2014 7:38 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Sorarin said:
Marzan said:

Nope, Jill had it always with her. She probably anticipated Anges wish to survive and gave her the ring when she was wounded. Probably knew, that that mecha could only transform with that ring.

Thanks for the info, I missed that bit with all the eye gouging and losing control of bodily functions going on.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 19, 2014 7:47 AM

Dec 2013
Question: she was bawling her eyes out in one scene saying that she didn't want to live by killing other things, next scene she's standing in front of those graves saying goodbye to her family. What the hell made her resolve to accept her fate? Did they even explain? The sudden change of heart made no sense.

Also, they were talking about how there was a revolt after the people in her country found out about her being a normal and that her family were no more... does anyone know how much truth there was in that news? Or was that sadistic Commander just screwing with Ange?

And how the hell would her mother know to give her a magical ring anyway? That made no sense! Why wouldn't those prison guards not take away that ring from her when they stripped her naked and took away all her jewelry? I still think this is an ass-pull
HESTIAAPPROVES
Oct 19, 2014 8:08 AM

Jun 2008
Ciarsondinger said:

Don't worry. We will preserve her memory.

Godtier_Taste said:

Ange's so HOT with short hair<3
FUCK HATERS!

Oct 2012
L-Ryoshi said:
Question: she was bawling her eyes out in one scene saying that she didn't want to live by killing other things, next scene she's standing in front of those graves saying goodbye to her family. What the hell made her resolve to accept her fate? Did they even explain? The sudden change of heart made no sense.

Also, they were talking about how there was a revolt after the people in her country found out about her being a normal and that her family were no more... does anyone know how much truth there was in that news? Or was that sadistic Commander just screwing with Ange?

And how the hell would her mother know to give her a magical ring anyway? That made no sense! Why wouldn't those prison guards not take away that ring from her when they stripped her naked and took away all her jewelry? I still think this is an ass-pull

i guess it's because people are afraid to die

i guess she was just screwing . her brother won't go down that easily
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Himel_713&sclick=1]

May 2013
It was sad that Zola got killed. Now we are starting to see a change from Ange.
Oct 19, 2014 8:09 AM

Jun 2010
C'mon! They refused her letters, she got three partners killed, almost got killed herself, noticing she doesn't wanna die, killed a bad guy and liked it, then heard bad news about her country. It's kinda accepting her fate or trying to swim back to the continent at this point.

I think her brother just took control over the country, maybe even changing it's name. You know those villains...

Maybe, and just maybe, someone subsides this anti-DRAGON project, right? And then just maybe her mother, as a Queen of an Empire and a person who seemed to know about Ange being a Norma and protecting her anyway (they cheated on the machine of Ange's coming of age, so it won't show her as a Norma), hence a nice person, had some hand in the project. This makes the Queen having that ring a lot less unplausible.
Oct 19, 2014 8:17 AM

Jun 2008
L-Ryoshi said:

I don't know maybe a confrontation with a scary huge ass magical dragon trying to eat you alive changes your perspective a bit? Just saying. The battle was the explanation, they didn't know you wanted it in writing.

Who knows. Maybe her crazy brother changed the name of the country, maybe they all died, maybe she was just lying to her. Irrelevant really. What matters is that she is considered norma and no country wants to help her anyway.

The prison guards did take the ring. It was shown i believe in a previous episode. Obviously that commander gave it back to her. Now why her mothers ring can go full mech activation mode? Well that is why the series is 25 episodes and not 3. Just wait and see. This is a royal family after all, is not that strange if they had some rare items like that ring.
Oct 19, 2014 8:37 AM

Oct 2008
3 episodes, 4 deaths, not bad Sunrise, not bad.
Oct 19, 2014 8:49 AM

Sep 2014
To be fair I kind of regained a little interest in the show after this episode, but I think they should slow down a bit on the killing. I realize that it's supposed to appeal to a certain kind of audience, but they could really make this show into something watchable if they don't focus on death/gore and fanserive. The show is anime original, right?

One thing I need to ask is: what's with the design of those mechas? They're completely exposed both to the enemy and to the weather. It makes no sense at all, but meh anime... I guess it shows how little respect for norma life this place has, but there's only a few of them, so even if they're not worth much they should be properly protected to fight as long as possible. Why am I even trying to make sense out of this? There are so many holes everywhere.

I still hate Ange, but I see a possibility where she somehow develops into a human being. The thing is I feel like she doesn't deserve to have a future. At this point I don't know where the story is going, so I'm not going to rate it, but it's not utter garbage as many people say.
Grim_PersonOct 19, 2014 8:57 AM
[b]Men talk of killing time, while time quietly kills them.

Oct 19, 2014 8:52 AM

Nov 2008
Dat Strike Freedom. The censorship is superb, way better than freaking Terraformars.
Oct 19, 2014 8:56 AM

Nov 2013
All these people saying no more yuri

1) You guys have never seen prison movies
2) You didn't see the post credit preview for the next ep

Well Zola's death was kind of expected folks. Notice she was absent in the opening credits. The weird thing is that /a/ predicted it was this soon. Hopefully there's a relation between her asspull ring and Villikiss.

Call me an asshole, but Ange deserved more than to be axe kicked in bandages. Her decisions and mindset can be B-movie bimbo level of 'god bitch, just stop already'. I wonder if she'll slowly turn into a sadist with her nipples being erect after killing a dragon. At least be an internal conflict, but I don't think the writers would be that competent.

The kingdom being finished? I think it may be in disarray with Julio as the ruler. I'll reiterate that judging by the fact he was stroking not Nunally's lips suggestively and the fanservice nearly pulls no punches, I expect the worst.

4/5, Ange looks like she leveled up from the 'I'm still a princess' stage and again for reasons unknown, I can't wait for the next ep.
LoL summoner name: Dongblaster
Steam: We're Andr Attack
3DS FC 5472-7177-5620
Please PM me before adding any of these
Oct 19, 2014 9:00 AM
Sep 2014
L-Ryoshi said:

^ this, the change of heart is too absurd and sudden, It's like she broke something inside her head or something. I think sunrise should have use half of an episode or something to develop her resolve. I hope they had a good reason to rush Ange development especially since this series should be about her right?

L-Ryoshi said:

because her mother knew that Ange is a norma? you know how mother is, they always try to prepare everything their children might need, somethin like "if my girl is ever exposed as a norma I should give her the best weapon ever!" heck dude, there is still like 20 episode, be patient. also the commander should be the one who gave ange the ring secretly UNDER her bandages.

Also Shikata-sama soundtrack is way too overwhelming as i feared. it did not help creating the atmosphere and mood. I filling soundtrack will be too much for her.
Oct 19, 2014 9:15 AM

Aug 2007
Well it took three eps but finally Ange has seen the reality of it all. I guess this won't be a tale of revenge then if the brother really ruin the kingdom so fast after he revolted. Well I'm hoping he changed the name but I guess we shall see. Finally the birth of Strike Freedom! Not sure why the ring did all of that but not complaining.

Sent with Mal Updater
Oct 19, 2014 9:15 AM

Feb 2009
Holy crap. I didn't expect Zola to die as well D: Shitttttt. But damn Ange killed the dragon even when she was freaking out so much that she peed O_o Omg finally, Ange's being less of a pain in the ass from now on. lol
Oct 19, 2014 9:34 AM

Jun 2014
HigekiTragedy said:
L-Ryoshi said:

^ this, the change of heart is too absurd and sudden, It's like she broke something inside her head or something. I think sunrise should have use half of an episode or something to develop her resolve. I hope they had a good reason to rush Ange development especially since this series should be about her right?

The way I see it, the moment she got scared and decided not to die was when her resolved changed. All that whining about how shameful it is to kill to live was just her dealing with the reality of her situation. An internal struggle of sorts. Admitting how low her life has turned but knowing that she has to accept it. Pretty simple really.

I'm used to watching Z-grade horror movies so nudity, violence and blood doesn't bother me that much. It's actually quite amusing most the time :D

This show is hated so much but I can see a certain kind of fanbase that will really love it, me included.
Oct 19, 2014 9:48 AM

Oct 2013
Dear heavens, Cross Ange took edgy to a whole 'nother level in these first five minutes...

I think this episode should silence at least a few of the people who were trashing this series - I among them - because this was a great episode. I figured that, like Code Geass, episode 3 is where it would pick up, and I was right.

Why are people actually upset Zola died? She was a bitch and a rapist. If it was male character who was exactly like her, everybody would be like, "good riddance, he deserved it" (and he would have). I can always count on anime communities to reel in the hypocrisy.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Oct 19, 2014 10:22 AM
Jul 2018
I felt bad for Miranda, she got eaten by the dragons. Zola died because of Ange.

Ange finally accepted he fate being Norma at the end.
Oct 19, 2014 10:58 AM

Sep 2012
2 Deaths in episode 3 wow i like that and also that destiny moves eh i see sunrise what you did there.

Oct 19, 2014 10:58 AM

Dec 2008
Snakes spoiled Zola's death for me by giving me a gif going "Is this from Cross Ange?"
I HATE YOU SNAKES! GO AWAY! YOU RUINED THE MOMENT!

So, by the time I got to Zola's death scene, I was upset that she'd died but 3 deaths in a row was overkill. Pun not intended. So even with it having been spoiled, my eyes went from O_____O to -______-.

I don't exactly remember. But did Jill give Ange her ring back in episode 2? I feel like she may have. If she didn't, then she gave it back to her before she was bandaged up. So if that happened, I figure it was a pretty nice gesture from her.

Anywhosies, the last scene had feels. Everything before that was mostly meh. I did enjoy the conversation she had at the graveyard with Jill and the carrying the tombs though. So out of the three episodes, this was probably the worst for me.

And the hair is finally cut :( RIP Beautiful hair.
Oct 19, 2014 11:01 AM

Nov 2012
sarroush said:
Snakes spoiled Zola's death for me by giving me a gif going "Is this from Cross Ange?"
I HATE YOU SNAKES! GO AWAY! YOU RUINED THE MOMENT!

perma ban him
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Oct 19, 2014 11:08 AM

Jul 2012
sarroush said:
I LOVE YOU SNAKES! COME HERE! YOU MADE THE MOMENT!

There, I fixed it for you.

ninjastarforcex said:
perma ban him

But I'm a mod too ;_;
plus she luvs meh, i swear!

I started this anime because of the gif I spoiled sarroush with, I thought they killed too many characters off, not that I really cared since there hasn't been particularly much character development. Not sure what they were trying to really achieve by doing this, especially so early on in the story!
Oct 19, 2014 11:16 AM

Feb 2014
Monad said:
Ciarsondinger said:

Don't worry. We will preserve her memory.

THANKS because this amazing character really deserves to not be forgotten !
CiarsonOct 19, 2014 11:57 AM
Oct 19, 2014 11:50 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The whole squad is full of screwed up members. Looks like all them girls misses Zola and her Yuri raping. XD
Ange was seriously annoying in this episode. If Zola was alive, she would gotten hardcore raped because of how she was acting.

Battle scenes were ridiculously awesome. Ange's pathetic dying attempts gave me some good laughs. Every time, she'd dodge the attacks instinctively while saying "I have to die properly. XD
That ring was amazing; instantly upgraded the machine model just by being touched with Ange's blood!
So, I guess all Ange needs to do from now on is just make the ring touch her blood every time her machine is on the verge of breaking apart. XD

The commander is by far the best character. She knew if she puts the MC in a piece of shit machine, some developments are bound to occur. Her smile while Ange was crying after the battle ended says it all.

Decent episode. Ange finally adapts to her new life and settles with her fate. Red-haired girl will probably replace Zola's role by next episode.

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2015

331 by jiashun02 »»
Oct 22, 2023 3:16 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

131 by FireRifle64 »»
Aug 8, 2023 1:03 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2015

285 by Nikoslovescoffee »»
Jul 17, 2023 4:24 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

151 by Nikoslovescoffee »»
Jul 17, 2023 3:38 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2015

174 by FedeMetal »»
Jul 1, 2023 9:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.