Forum Settings
Forums

[Question for Females Anime Fans] What make Male Anime Character attractive to you?

New
Oct 10, 2014 2:22 AM

Jul 2008
We Guys love Big Breasts and other things, but what about the Female fans?

Mod Edit: Please give reasons as to why certain characteristics appeal to you. Don't just list.
sarroushOct 11, 2014 1:05 PM
Oct 10, 2014 2:46 AM

Feb 2013
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLQY9r1VPcM
guys with big breast xD watch until :25
Oct 10, 2014 4:21 AM

Jul 2014
almozayaf said:
We Guys love Big Breasts

Speak for yourself. Well I don't hate them. But they are a negative.
Oct 10, 2014 6:18 AM

Oct 2011
I dunno about you guys but male MC's have been getting worse over time. (In general, not just in terms of "attractiveness")

Oct 10, 2014 6:36 AM

Jul 2012
This question's gonna get lots of different answers, y'know. It's like asking a straight male anime watcher. Some will say they hate tsunderes, or they hate lolis or they hate <insert tropes> while others will say they complete like those tropes.

I usually like the characters that have the following things (give or take):
- Good looks
- Talent (good at a sport, music, etc.)
- Has a soft spot
- Voiced by a voice actor I like
- Unique personality, whether it's arrogance, kindness or whatever
Oct 10, 2014 7:10 AM

Aug 2013
The bright, cheerful and refreshing guy and hopefully he's not wearing a headband. And if someone can point me to a male character with that kind of personality and wears glasses, I'd very much appreciate it.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Oct 10, 2014 8:57 AM

Dec 2013
SetsukoHara said:
I like how in all those " Question for females" thread, you always have a majority of guys answering.

OT:
In terms of physical attractiveness, it doesn't really matter. It's more about what their behavior is or how they choose to present themselves.
I mostly prefer an intelligent character, but not the fake kind of intellect. I really dislike those characters that always have their eyelids halfway shut and talk in a retarded low voice, pretending like they know what they're talking about; it's beyond creepy.
We've all seen those types.

I like the genuine, passionate kind of characters that are actually interested in what they're talking about.

So in my case, Okabe, Rintaro would be one example of an attractive character.
CakedogOct 10, 2014 9:02 AM
Step Into My Mind - ##&&##&&##&&
Oct 10, 2014 9:00 AM

Jul 2012
Cakedog said:
I like the genuine, passionate kind of characters that are actually interested in what they're talking about.

+1 Passion is one thing I seek in any character! It's a great trait to have :3
Oct 10, 2014 9:23 AM

Apr 2009
Uhhh, that they're legal? Kaburaki Kotetsu from Tiger & Bunny has both the looks (I doubt many people would wear those clothes as casualwear but they're damn fine) and the positive personality. I don't like the silent/rude angsty types no matter what they look like.
Oct 10, 2014 12:42 PM

May 2012
xchee said:
The bright, cheerful and refreshing guy and hopefully he's not wearing a headband. And if someone can point me to a male character with that kind of personality and wears glasses, I'd very much appreciate it.

Most anime men in glasses tend to be brooding types like Nine in Zankyou no Terror. However you should take a look at Ristorante Paradiso where all the men wear glasses. Maybe you'll find one of them appealing. I'll warn you that they are all over forty, though.
Oct 10, 2014 5:44 PM

Jul 2013
I'll just say some trends I notice in my 'man crushes'.

I like fancy facial hair on my men. Rough stubbles are nice too. If they are the more effeminate variety, then wouldn't mind clean shaven. They should be relatively athletic as well, not interested in a bundle of sticks.

I don't like the pointy chins you tend to see in shoujo/josei works though. Those weird me out.
Deconstruction ≠ Darker & Edgier
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Fanservice ≠ Ecchi (Though ecchi can please the fans!)
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe
Seinen = K-ON! Shounen, Shoujo, Seinen and Josei are demographics.
Anime/Manga = Japanese Cartoons! Deal with it.

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...
Oct 10, 2014 6:38 PM

Oct 2014
I like the ones who are more withdrawn and mysterious. Maybe one that has a bit of a dark side buried somewhere inside them. Oh and of course eyes that fill you with questions about what is under that shell they hide in :)
Oct 10, 2014 6:49 PM

Apr 2014
sadistic tendencies

I kid, I kid. I like characters who make me laugh.
looks are important, naturally. a young age is good too lol :>

xchee said:
Accurate description of my preferences. I have nothing against headbands, but yeah.

glasses are GREAT

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
sarroushOct 11, 2014 1:02 PM
Oct 10, 2014 6:56 PM

Jun 2009
Personality. I am very interested in characters with interesting backstories. The more depth they have good or evil, the more I enjoy them. The more I enjoy them I suppose the more attractive they are.

I mean if they look nice that is a plus, but generally, I want them to have a personality.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Oct 10, 2014 8:28 PM
Oct 2010
Intelligent, refined gentlemen. Examples include Sasakura Ryuu from Bartender, Taichi Keaton from Master Keaton, Fujita Reiji from Gallery Fake, Nitaro from Nitaboh, Lawrence Kraft from Spice and Wolf, Ginko from Mushishi, Yang Wenli from LoGH and the like.

Also cheerful, childlike or playful men who do not make a spectacle of their abilities but enjoy life (or death) like Sai from Hikaru no Go, Kei from Moyashimon, Xellos from Slayers, again Fujita Reiji from Gallery Fake, Ichinose Kai from Piano no Mori, Seiran from Saiunkoku Monogatari and others.
Oct 10, 2014 8:45 PM

May 2013
I like male characters that has depth and a three-dimensional character. Well, plus the handsomeness, tsundere-like personality (thats a cute side hehe) and of course voiced by my favorite voice actors.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Oct 10, 2014 11:29 PM

Apr 2008
What makes a guy attractive, it's usually a combination of things.

Personalty makes up a huge part of it, whether it be a very sweet person to someone with a wicked sense of humor or a much loved anti-hero type.

Hair is important as well no matter how shallow it may seem. I don't like very short hair at all. Also VERY little facial hair. A goatee can work or a light stubble can be alright. Full beads and mustaches are just a no.

Eyes .. are very important ...especially crimson colored eyes.

Body ...no huge ugly muscles thank you very much. Tone is good, I don't even mind a little on the skinny.... but I just do NOT find the whole gar men attractive at all.

Glasses are like icing on a cake , I love glasses on a guy
Oct 11, 2014 3:29 AM

Apr 2014
Tall, muscular (but not too much), well proportioned and mature, both mentally and physically (so no bishie high school boys for me thanks). A deep voice and a good fashion sense are a plus but it's not required if the rest is alright.
Body hair is a turn-off but since you rarely see it in male anime characters anyway it's a non-issue.
Oct 11, 2014 8:10 AM

Dec 2012
they should be kind of relatable, they definitely have to be useful, and possibly funny
and they shouldn't act all pervy and pathetic
Oct 11, 2014 12:45 PM

Apr 2014
I usually have no idea why I like character. And the ones I like usually have nothing in common. Idk I'm wierd.
Oct 11, 2014 1:03 PM

Dec 2008
Thread cleaned
Please give reasons as to why the qualities appeal to you instead of simply listing them.

---------------
I'm not all that into 2D male characters. But generally, I like them to be muscular, loyal, strong and protective. I really dislike those typical shoujo male MCs who act like bullies that end up getting the female lead to fall for them. If I had to think of the ideal anime guy who fits the bill, it would probably be Sanosuke Harada from Hakuouki. I just like the feeling of security and safety that those qualities would end up giving out, even if muscular is a physical trait.
sarroushOct 11, 2014 1:08 PM
Oct 11, 2014 1:12 PM

Sep 2007
For me it really depends on their personality or if they grow as characters, like Hikaru from Nagi no Asukara. And I'm not too fond of the overly anxious type. I love characters that I grow to like over a series even if they start out annoying.
Oct 11, 2014 1:37 PM

Jul 2014
dream_eater1012 said:
I'm not really picky. As long as the characters don't try to manipulate others, I don't particularly care.

I noticed I tend to like sadistic characters more, though.

I do too. :3
well besides that I like characters that have voices like that of Hijikata Toushirou and then they have to have beautiful eyes :P

Oct 12, 2014 5:10 AM

Mar 2013
What makes an anime guy attractive to me... Well, sadistic hotties like Hoozuki (Hoozuki no Reitetsu) and Kyouya (Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji), the shy ones, interesting meganes, and elegant gentlemen. Also, those guys with an cheerful and bright personality are very very appealing to me.
Oct 12, 2014 5:57 AM

Apr 2014
yukishiromei said:
What makes an anime guy attractive to me... Well, sadistic hotties like Hoozuki (Hoozuki no Reitetsu) and Kyouya (Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji), the shy ones, interesting meganes, and elegant gentlemen. Also, those guys with an cheerful and bright personality are very very appealing to me.
I see you like intelectual types, is that why you have sebastien as your avatar?
Oct 12, 2014 12:21 PM

Oct 2014
This question is asked by a male no doubt. No, I mean my GF like thin skinny ones and have glasses. looks like the one from kami.
Oct 12, 2014 1:33 PM
Oct 2014
Xannieh said:
What makes a guy attractive, it's usually a combination of things.

Personalty makes up a huge part of it, whether it be a very sweet person to someone with a wicked sense of humor or a much loved anti-hero type.

Hair is important as well no matter how shallow it may seem. I don't like very short hair at all. Also VERY little facial hair. A goatee can work or a light stubble can be alright. Full beads and mustaches are just a no.

Eyes .. are very important ...especially crimson colored eyes.

Body ...no huge ugly muscles thank you very much. Tone is good, I don't even mind a little on the skinny.... but I just do NOT find the whole gar men attractive at all.

Glasses are like icing on a cake , I love glasses on a guy

Same Idea here. I also like when they are not the overly manly nor the girly dude type
Oct 12, 2014 1:41 PM

Jan 2013
As a guy, I find Shinya Kougami and Spike to be very attractive males.
Oct 12, 2014 2:08 PM

May 2014
as a guy most attractive male ive seen is Makishima Shougo.

sexy, smart, and he can defends me with his superior martial arts
Kenjataimu mode status: 恒久
Oct 12, 2014 2:24 PM

Mar 2013
Red_Tuesday said:
almozayaf said:
We Guys love Big Breasts

Speak for yourself. Well I don't hate them. But they are a negative.

Agree, I wouldnt pick a girl just bcuz of her breasts size
Personalty much more important to me also beauty but
not this way.
Oct 12, 2014 5:21 PM

Aug 2008
I never liked the tall, thin bishies. So I was happy when Free! came out, which accentuated a FIT, muscular form.

More topics from this board

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - Today

17 by LeonhartAugust »»
6 minutes ago

» Post the Last Anime Items you bought ( 1 2 )

SpeedyAlchemist - Mar 10

72 by MadanielFL »»
12 minutes ago

» have you guys watched texhnolyze?

brainburger - Apr 21

40 by Kruszer »»
13 minutes ago

Poll: » What's with all the hate from the MAL community towards Anitubers? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

62 by AzafuseKingTora »»
15 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others? ( 1 2 )

WatchTillTandava - Today

52 by Lucifrost »»
17 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.