Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Nov 15, 2015 4:07 AM

Oct 2010
Awesome, same opening intro. Kinda missed it. ˇˇ

So nice to see familiar faces again. So Shiroe needs money from entire kingdom. Hey, if everything fails, why not go the old fashioned way. GRIND HARD! XD

Hope we get to see the continuation of that Goblin event.
Mar 12, 2016 1:31 PM

Nov 2015
You have no idea how I loved the opening jaja. I paused the episode just to comment
about it. The same song but with new animations, that gives it a new feeling but
keeping it classic. I loved it. The animation seems different, tho. It looks sharper.

I see many new characters -which is always good- and scenes of what it looks like the real world?

The first appearing of Toya, jajaja he looks like the second Hokage jajajajaja
I really like how the series looks different but still the same. A couple of real world
scenes that I don't know if are conceptuals of real (I'm talking about the art style).

I have great expectations with this season =)
Sep 14, 2016 6:29 PM
Mar 2016
the pacing in this show is actual crap wtf but nice first episode
Oct 22, 2016 5:25 AM

Jan 2013
The hell was that last scene about, I'm really looking forward to getting some answers about why they're stuck in a video game if at all ...

First episode was meh
Oct 29, 2016 2:16 PM

Apr 2014
Animation is weird, it'll grow on me, I guess.
Dec 21, 2016 11:48 AM

Sep 2013
I am a bit confused. It looks like at the end, they both died and somehow went back to japan.

Also, shitty animation.
There's no magical spell to save someone's life.
Mar 21, 2017 4:06 PM

Mar 2016
It´s funny how the opening and the OST are the same as the 1st Season.
The ending is not as good as the previous one.

Btw, it´s my 100th post on MAL ^^

If you watched 13 Reasons Why in 13 hours in a row (like me) you got my respect !
Jan 15, 2018 7:43 AM

Sep 2012
OP is different only music is same, i mean they just changed OP Video, but i like the music :D
Apr 7, 2018 6:09 AM

May 2016
No new Op T-T

I was confused at the end did they die?
Apr 27, 2018 4:42 PM

Apr 2009
Hmm so it was really him who visited Regan and left Akihabara as they are in dire need of funds?
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Dec 25, 2018 5:23 AM

Sep 2018
What was that ending?? Shiro and akatski talking that they died?!?

Apr 23, 2019 10:03 PM

Feb 2015
Akihabara is enjoying it's events. Shiroe had a meeting with Kinjo, the representative of the Kunie Clan, Shiroe asked for money, but he rejected him. In the Round Table, Shiroe explained that their budget is running out, so he's gonna look for another way to get money. Shiroe decided to leave Akihabara due to the population that is coming from the south that are looking for information. Shiroe had a meeting with Li Gan and Kinjo in Tearstone Mountains (Naotsugu too), revealing that he and Li Gan discovered where the money comes from when a creature revives, Kinjo said no again and telled him that he's gonna need a party to get it. Shiroe and Akatsuki appeared in another world, like they were defeated.

Hey the OP is the same, it's good, but I would've changed it. Following Shiroe's decision, he left Akihabara with Li Gan. Wtf, by the end they say like they were defeated or something like that, but I still can't understand.
Oct 17, 2019 6:47 AM

Mar 2016
The same awesome DATABASE!!! OP and a new cheerful ED! Very nice!

Everything is still the same, including that absurd love triangle that I choose not to think about.
So new season, new problems, a new objective. Akihabara needs 80000000000000 gold coins for some reason and a legendary dungeon rain can solve all that. Ok wow, imagine that. No dungeon raid can even compete with this about of reward, it's easy to see the level of difficulties it will take for the adventurers to successfully pull it off, though I'm not sure. It's teased at the beginning.

I'm not sure about it but did the art style change very slightly? It's very minor so it doesn't matter which one is better for now...
Jan 22, 2020 2:10 PM

Dec 2018
that one girl looks like a knockoff Tifa from FF7
Mar 18, 2020 5:18 PM

Nov 2016
New visuals for the opening seem all over the place, but make me look forward to this season despite the poor rep.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 25, 2020 12:41 PM

Jun 2017
I thought there's going to be a new opening song theme for season 2! But I'm not complaining. I love this song! ♬♪Database! database!♬♪

The last scene probably indicated that they finally went back to their own world.

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Aug 16, 2020 12:09 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wtf it's still the same opening xD pretty good start the thing with the gold definitely seems interesting
Oct 10, 2020 1:04 PM

Jul 2008
WTF was with that last 30 seconds?

Man when you haven't watched the first season in a very long time and jump into the 2nd...yeah I had forgotten some details, but I instantly remembered why I liked the first season in the first place, and that be the evil genius Shiroe.
Dec 15, 2020 1:05 AM

Apr 2014
Rewatching this for the first time since it aired, in preparation for s3, and OH DEAR GOD WHAT HAPPENED TO THE CHARACTER ART!? Its so shit compared to the first season
Dec 24, 2020 3:44 AM

Aug 2019
am I the only person that didn’t even really notice any difference in the change of art style/animation? maybe I’m just too tired at the time of me watching this
Jan 2, 2021 4:15 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ah, finally been able to catch up to this so called S2 animated by Deen. I personally don't want to touch any art and animations. But, dang, that different art styles and animations really distracted me so much. The most huge different could be find out very clear at Marie design, and then Serara, with a tiny to medium differences from many characters. Its really a disturbance. Ah, shit. The change of studio whose maker of the series really shifted my personal enjoyment. Such a fucked up situations, LH series ....

Another rant went by to the direction cut. Idk if that end scene was canon or not. But why that real-life backstory suddenly appeared ouf of nowhere, and its showed the conversation between Akatsuki and Shiroe with a real-life outfit? And talked about their death? So, its confirmed that they couldn't be back to the real world? But why at that time? Whats the significancy matter about that with their current situations? And why its appeared that mostly came from Akatsuki mind, then, it went out to Shiroe, then they stated its a worst christmas? Fuck that scene really irritated me. Because its really unrellevant to the current arc (i mean, to got the fuckin money) from those clan.

Many rants, but i decided to keep it skip like Deen did to these S2. Ah, so this is what they called a bad adaptations, then, and i am aggree at a certain points. Even they kinda skip at my most questions from S1 last episode that never be answered why, and directly referring it to the source material, aka LN. Such as why they already knew about Nureha guild and their direct conflict within two cities, why Shiroe could learn that bank clerk clans, and what about his purposes at the end of LH S1 that wanted the guild to surpass a certain goals. Fuck it, then! Bad first episode continuations to the first season i've ever watch. Thats my point so far.

Ah, and one more rant, Deen used the same fuckin database as their opening. Thats what you called lazy-ass for not even find something better. Or were they even care? Really, smh. However, since i am never drop the gun, i will continued it. And hope everything went better until the end points. Lets see....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 14, 2021 3:57 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Obviously looks a little different but I'm glad that the feel is still pretty much the same.

Threats and death tease, we're certainly off with an eventful start to the season.

Database, Database, Wow, Wow - Yes, thank you.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

May 11, 2021 9:59 AM

Sep 2012
Magmafrost said:
Rewatching this for the first time since it aired, in preparation for s3, and OH DEAR GOD WHAT HAPPENED TO THE CHARACTER ART!? Its so shit compared to the first season

snowykevin said:
am I the only person that didn’t even really notice any difference in the change of art style/animation? maybe I’m just too tired at the time of me watching this

Marielle looked worse only thing that got my eye she looked better in S1
Jul 23, 2021 1:51 AM

Jul 2015
The Akihabara facilities costs are double the buying price at 10 mil?! quite the pay-to-win game isn't it. Despite a few confusing scenes I'm getting pretty hyped to see them do a raid at the location where gold comes from.

Jan 13, 2023 4:30 PM
Jan 2023
main female lead look bad
Jul 30, 2023 10:29 AM
Jan 2023
Well that was an eventful first episode. So Shiroe is going to try and take the gold from the source for some crazy plan he has made?

Oh and Shiroe and Akatsuki died? I wonder what happened there. I guess we'll find out in the next episode.

This season is animated by Studio Deen rather than Satelight. Still looks the same as the last season, couldn't really tell the difference.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2015

155 by Syrass »»
Feb 12, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Mar 28, 2015

225 by SOLDRAKE »»
Feb 5, 5:42 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

218 by Skydis »»
Nov 29, 2023 8:48 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

147 by Overblown »»
Nov 10, 2023 4:56 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

161 by Anachrome »»
Sep 1, 2023 9:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.