Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 27, 2014 8:46 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Dang, I like the theme songs they used for this OVA. Well, it's catchy anyways.

Well it was an OVA I suppose. I wasn't too used to that new girl though. She seems a bit nervous. Oh and ofc, we have some fan service for the ladies ;)

Anyways, it was a relaxing OVA until the second half regarding what Ledo's point of view. My favorite thing about the OVA though? Seeing Chamber in this!

Sep 28, 2014 7:54 AM

Jan 2009
Interesting first OVA

Nice teamwork there, lots of flashbacks to Chamber,
and dat bathing scene with Dat Bellows Ass

The ending took me by surprise as well, looking forward to the second OVa and where do they go with this revelation.
Suginami85Sep 28, 2014 7:58 AM
Sep 28, 2014 8:47 PM

Feb 2008
Yeah that ending... :)

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Oct 29, 2014 8:36 AM

Nov 2013
I wonder how long this will take to get subbed...
Oct 30, 2014 8:37 AM
Jan 2014
so this OVA is actually a sequel? Meaning that chamber is gone?
Nov 5, 2014 8:33 AM

Mar 2014
themorry said:
so this OVA is actually a sequel? Meaning that chamber is gone?

It's a sequel, as for Chamber being gonne, well... maybe.
Nov 5, 2014 10:29 AM

May 2013
That was a good OVA. It was nice seeing Chamber again in that flashback. That ending though.
Nov 5, 2014 10:47 AM

Mar 2014
BDs are coming out on the 21st of November, if you're looking for subs I recommend waiting for that since it has english subs included, AnchanZSubs are just terrible.
Nov 5, 2014 11:43 AM

Aug 2008
Holly crap, that was awful. So much bullshit spouting and lamest cliches imaginable. And that nothing-interesting-is-happening montage at the end.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Nov 5, 2014 2:01 PM
Oct 2010
Paulo27 said:
BDs are coming out on the 21st of November, if you're looking for subs I recommend waiting for that since it has english subs included, AnchanZSubs are just terrible.
Thanks for the advice. 20 minutes in and I cannot stomach these subs any longer, they are truly awful.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Nov 5, 2014 2:24 PM

Sep 2012
Pretty weird for them to release an hour long OVA but it's alright.
Oh god who are you people?
Nov 5, 2014 7:50 PM

Jan 2008
Woah...never expected to be another Machine Caliber, from that blonde girl no less... Who is she really? I wish Chamber would come back, as unlikely as that's going to be.

I kind of hoped that this would get a full 2nd season, but without Chamber, I guess that's asking for too much. At least the 2 OVA's are movie-sized, so it's like 4 regular episodes.

Was expecting Amy and Ledo to smooth lol.
Nov 5, 2014 8:03 PM
Nov 2014
This remain one of the best shows involve a mech in recent years.
Smooth story telling with smart construction of character in dangerous situations.
It actually very closely themed with studio ghibli style of story telling and plot construction, given good attention to many small details. The ship group came alive and believable to the audience.
A second chamber would be tolled in during the battle sequences in the first episode which the original pilot in it died and the captain managed to recover it during his time ruling the group of ships.
Nov 5, 2014 9:25 PM

Mar 2010
I have to say that this was one of my favorite series associated with the mecha genre when it first came out, but I'm sorry. Plot-wise this OVA was pretty horrible. Everything just seemed predictable to me and though it was great to see Chamber again in a flashback, the story just fell apart for me in the first 20 minutes. Amy seemed pretty unbearable to me in this OVA for some reason too which is weird because she didn't bother me at all before. Anyways, the ending I didn't see coming and hope the next episode really hits it outta the park.
Nov 6, 2014 1:21 AM

Apr 2012
The new machine caliber at the end reminds me of an M9 Armslave from Fullmetal Panic, more or less the Arbalest, just more edgy then smooth.
"Lead thy life as thou seest fit." - Hawkeye Gough
"Surrender your future." - Ramlethal Valentine
"People die when they are killed." - Emiya Shirou
Nov 6, 2014 2:08 AM

Sep 2009
That hug at end is <333

I cant wait who's that machine at the end o.O
Nov 6, 2014 9:05 AM

Mar 2014
Liked it, the first few episodes of the TV series were really good and the start of the OVA came close to being as good, but Ledo is already a fully developed character at this point so it's just not the same.
The flashback was also really good, had me on the edge of my seat, the last part was alright too, not sure how I feel about the other Machine Caliber, depends on what they do with it I guess.
I'm kinda hoping for a S2 announcement in the next episode, they touched on the aliens' subject a bit and how they could find Earth and all and I could see that as being a decent S2, on the other hand I'd like them to go back and show a bit more of what happened at the end of S1, the ending came too quick and it'd be nice to see more of Ledo trying to fit in the community, I was hoping these OVAs would do that but oh well.
It doesn't really matter what they do though, this cast of characters is a strong one and they can carry this show very well even with nothing happening.
Nov 6, 2014 9:21 AM

May 2011
really enjoyed this ova,
love seeing chamber again,even if its only in flashback

and after seeing dat ending,
i kinda bummed,i was expecting more plot with hideauze/whalesquid,not machine caliber #3 :(

but its great cliffhanger anyway,gonna looking forward who actually is leema in the next ova
Nov 6, 2014 1:34 PM

Jan 2013
That was a good OVA. Although that end was confusing...was that Reema's Machine Caliber?

Nov 7, 2014 4:18 AM

Aug 2013
I like the Specials and OVAs for "Suisei no Gargantia" more than the show itself at this point.
Production I.G. did a fine job with the second Special and this OVA as well, being a full hour in length.

It was nice to see Ledo looking sun-baked, since he progressively got more and more tanned as the show went on.
Also, did the design of Bellows look a bit different to anyone else?

AnchanZSubs's work with this was quite incomprehensible unfortunately.
Nov 7, 2014 4:57 AM

Jan 2014
Someone quick translate what the Caliber at the end talks about!
Don't attribute maliciousness when stupidity is enough to explain what happens
Nov 7, 2014 8:26 AM
Aug 2014
I knew it... i knew it that Leema is up for no good....

Really happy to see Ledo and Amy again, Gargantia is my favorite anime forever.
The storm flashback really great, and as usual, great arts, great songs, perfect.

I can't wait for the sequel.... :)
Nov 7, 2014 10:29 AM

Nov 2013
This was great, everything about the OVA was well done. And Ledo x Amy is my 3rd favorite ship/couple after Hei x Yin and Eren x Mikasa.
Nov 8, 2014 8:04 PM

Jun 2013

is that machine caliber???
Nov 10, 2014 4:55 AM

Oct 2009
What is Leema doing? O_O
Nov 10, 2014 8:50 AM

Jul 2012
The hug scene is one of those moments where you go "Just kiss already!" Hahaha

Seems like Aleena got a whole lot more interesting. Can't wait to find out more to the story next episode!
Nov 12, 2014 11:40 AM

Mar 2014
Ah I miss this show !!
Nov 12, 2014 11:04 PM

Nov 2010
Oh i missed this show so much. that was a good OVA.

Looking forward for more Amy. <3
Nov 13, 2014 8:16 PM

Apr 2009
yoooooooooooo

that ending

yoooooooooooo

also JUST KISS ALREADY!!!
Nov 14, 2014 5:37 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Episode that could be used better, but I can not complain, as well entertained all the time.
Narration much SOL, which may annoy at first, but over the course of the story then we realize why this setting.
The designs of the characters are always great and the scenes are never recycled, this shows a high budget made available to the production.
The animations are fluid and vivid colors are beautiful.
Very interesting is the final part, I thought about the role of Leema was only boundary; what a nice surprise.
In the episode underlines once again the important role that the Chamber plays in the TV series.
I await with interest the next OVA.
For now, my vote is 8/10!
terrablu2003Nov 14, 2014 5:41 AM
Nov 17, 2014 1:35 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The story for this OVA was pretty meh, but as always I love the care with which the world of Gargantia was designed and filled out. Love those colours.

And Bellows...damned she's still so fine.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 18, 2014 6:02 AM

Dec 2012
I truly had forgotten about how well done & colourful the artwork in Gargantia.
So Ledo could not communicate others when he was trapped because the cable was unplugged? What about radio transmission?
I like anime.
Nov 24, 2014 11:47 PM

Jan 2009
bellows still hot, im a sucker for morena girls

and that new girl Reema has a Machine Caliber wtf
Nov 30, 2014 10:47 AM

Oct 2009
What does the title mean? Who is Haruka?

Pat_To_Do-List said:
What about radio transmission?

They never had it?

It wasn't very smart to plug those anchors there. I knew it the moment they did so
If they had abandoned Leo there, after all he did for them, I would despise them. Sure it may have been smarter decision, but I still would despise them

So there's the ejected cockpit left

4kicks said:
Was expecting Amy and Ledo to smooth lol.

Ando- said:
The hug scene is one of those moments where you go "Just kiss already!" Hahaha

I guess I am not the only one, but I thought that it would be somewhat inappropriate, considering the feelings of all others involved - they were dead worried about Leo and they may relate to that hugging, but kissing uhh... Well maybe only a few of them, and rather, the opposite to relate...

AnimeGURU475 said:
also JUST KISS ALREADY!!!

True

Ando- said:
Seems like Aleena got a whole lot more interesting. Can't wait to find out more to the story next episode!

You mean Leema?

Paulo27 said:
The flashback was also really good, had me on the edge of my seat

Skullcrusher said:
The storm flashback really great, and as usual, great arts, great songs, perfect.

Well yes, but Amy was ranting how Leo found a way during the storm so I was really excited and expected some dramatical solution but it turned out he didn't do anything special and just acted in the most ordinary way, so it was somewhat of a let-down

Stark700 said:
My favorite thing about the OVA though? Seeing Chamber in this!

Can't believe how much I miss him, of all characters...

Zel_Ezl said:
I cant wait who's that machine at the end o.O

Paulo27 said:
not sure how I feel about the other Machine Caliber, depends on what they do with it I guess.

Yeah

jackaus said:
A second chamber would be tolled in during the battle sequences in the first episode which the original pilot in it died and the captain managed to recover it during his time ruling the group of ships.

That's a one way to put it in
SerhiykoNov 30, 2014 10:52 AM
Dec 1, 2014 12:20 AM

Oct 2011
Gargantia goodness, Was on the edge of my seat during Ledo's rescue.

Ledo x Amy

Another Machine Calibur : O
Dec 1, 2014 10:37 PM
Jul 2018
And that ending though.
Dec 3, 2014 7:48 PM

Jan 2014
Leema seemed pretty interesting just as a naive girl from Kugel's fleet with a crush on Ledo, but then we get this out of the blue, wtf ending. This is definitely a Gen Urobichi work.
Dec 6, 2014 1:55 AM
Sep 2013
That Leema girl is probably another pilot from the Galactic Alliance. I don't think she came through the wormhole thingy at the same time Ledo and the Colonel did though, since she clearly wasn't there. It seems improbable that she came through an independent wormhole and arrived at the same location; if the phenomenon was that common, the Galactic Alliance would had re-colonize Earth already.
Dec 14, 2014 5:47 AM
Mar 2010
Well, this new mech may not be a GA Machine Caliber, but some kind of older model, left from the original war. They "dig out" ships, why not mechs from the previous eras?
Dec 16, 2014 2:40 PM

Oct 2009
Kesser said:
Well, this new mech may not be a GA Machine Caliber, but some kind of older model, left from the original war. They "dig out" ships, why not mechs from the previous eras?

Sounds like a plausible explanation
Dec 30, 2014 11:50 PM

Dec 2012
Beautiful OVA. Glad to see again Chamber and Ledo (^v^)/.

The tempest flashback was pretty good. I'm looking ofrward to the second part !
Jan 2, 2015 5:25 AM
Jul 2011
Did anyone notice that Ledo has his own squirrel/chipmunk pet companion now? and i think it's a female. It's so cute :)
Jan 2, 2015 10:40 AM

Oct 2009
Bella-desu said:
Did anyone notice that Ledo has his own squirrel/chipmunk pet companion now? and i think it's a female. It's so cute :)

I thought he got it in TV series and I forgot about it
Jan 3, 2015 8:50 PM

Jul 2011
Loved it :) Really brought back my love for the series. Amy and ledo are so cute, and that ending o.o
Jan 9, 2015 10:36 PM

Sep 2010
Bellows was like "No, we can't save him anymore" then everybody started diving and she follows and says they should trust her >.> what a b***** :P

Anyhows I liked this OVA and am looking forward for the next one.
Jan 10, 2015 12:30 AM
Oct 2010
Kesser said:

You sure? Seems to be speaking the "alien" language.
Jan 16, 2015 7:52 PM

Sep 2009
skudoops said:
Kesser said:

You sure? Seems to be speaking the "alien" language.

It also looks considerably older than the modern Machine Calibers Chamber and Striker.

Pics:

Leema's MAchine Caliber 1
Leema's MAchine Caliber 2
Chamber
Striker
LahisJan 16, 2015 7:56 PM
Feb 5, 2015 12:16 PM

Oct 2012
A lot of flashbacks just for the sake of Chamber but it wasn't really bad.
I wonder who Reamer is though, she is too knowledgable to be simple engineer who built her own mecha.
Is she some one of Kugel's princessess or even someone from Ledo's space?
Feb 20, 2015 12:21 PM
Feb 2015
Maybe it's just me, but it was much more boring than TV series. I was expecting more serious plot. It was just not enough exciting.
Mar 23, 2015 12:57 AM

Mar 2008
mrnu said:
Maybe it's just me, but it was much more boring than TV series. I was expecting more serious plot. It was just not enough exciting.

I agree, also Gargantia without Chamber is pretty meh.
It wasn't bad, but boring..
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia: Meguru Kouro, Haruka Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2015

74 by Tigrrr111 »»
Feb 3, 2:03 AM

» Season 2

SkyWielder - May 20, 2015

2 by awesomeblackman »»
Jan 13, 2023 7:27 PM

» Any chance of a dub for Suisei no Gargantia: Meguru Kouro, Haruka?

awesomeblackman - Mar 7, 2021

0 by awesomeblackman »»
Mar 7, 2021 9:39 AM

» Can someone confirm to me if Suisei no Gargantia: Meguru Kouro, Haruka a real sequel or non-canon? And is it worth watching?

awesomeblackman - Mar 2, 2021

3 by Gurenn »»
Mar 2, 2021 12:36 AM

» Preview(s) - Update 3/13

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2014

7 by dmr »»
Mar 13, 2015 4:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.