Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 26, 2014 11:45 AM

Oct 2013
f....g censorship
fufufufufufufuufufufufufuf
Sep 26, 2014 11:45 AM

Oct 2013
I liked the episode, didn't read the manga, but saw an example on reddit of the censorship and damn I understand the reactions and the score it got now, such a shame.
Sep 26, 2014 11:47 AM

Jan 2013
Airing this show on Tokyo MX may have been a mistake.
Sep 26, 2014 11:47 AM

Jan 2013
Xenovius said:
-Klad- said:
That huge bear was scary, how did Akari transform into that monster to turn the table around? It seems the wounds healed too. The author better explains this.

Shokichi said he was a "child born after the surgery." My guess is that Akari's father is somebody from the previous Bugs 2 expedition. After his body was modified he must've planted the seed on some lucky lady leaving the insect genetics behind as well.

Well Michelle had the same kind of power too.

But what you said is very predictable... or cliche. But that most likely is going to happen.
Sep 26, 2014 11:50 AM

Jul 2012
skudoops said:
The source material isn't very japanese either. It has more of a black lagoon vibe.. a lot of the cast are foreigners as well. Don't expect anything great, or even good out of this though, it's mindless entertainment. With the censoring it loses the one thing it had going for it.

Oh, okay. I'm just into the whole space exploration and unknown creatures idea that it has.
Sep 26, 2014 11:53 AM

Aug 2014
It look good. But will probably drop it and watch it blu ray later. Can´t handle that censor same as TG :(. Will watch it later.

Haven´t read the manga so how was the pacing? Do you think it´s a 12 episode show? Is the manga over?
Sep 26, 2014 11:54 AM

Jan 2013
The censoring is in the same level of Pupa's.
Sep 26, 2014 11:55 AM

May 2013
-Klad- said:
Xenovius said:

Shokichi said he was a "child born after the surgery." My guess is that Akari's father is somebody from the previous Bugs 2 expedition. After his body was modified he must've planted the seed on some lucky lady leaving the insect genetics behind as well.

Well Michelle had the same kind of power too.

But what you said is very predictable... or cliche. But that most likely is going to happen.

Yep that is most likely the case with Michelle as well. In the OVA the Captain of Bugs 2 was Donatello K. Davis. Most likely Michelle's father and she's the same as Akari.
Sep 26, 2014 11:58 AM

Aug 2013
wasn't expecting much.. still dissapointed
Sep 26, 2014 11:59 AM
Oct 2010
mayukachan said:
skudoops said:
The source material isn't very japanese either. It has more of a black lagoon vibe.. a lot of the cast are foreigners as well. Don't expect anything great, or even good out of this though, it's mindless entertainment. With the censoring it loses the one thing it had going for it.

Oh, okay. I'm just into the whole space exploration and unknown creatures idea that it has.

Yeah I feel you, just warning you from now. Also some of the characters are so cliche they might be racist lol.
Sep 26, 2014 12:00 PM

Apr 2013
before i say anything

1. does anyone know if it airs uncensored somewhere

2. manga readers. how was the pacing of this episode

i thought it was decent i like that weird mix of standard heroic shonen but there is constantly some creepyness lingering around.

HOWEVER. a while ago when i heard about the manga being pretty gruesome i looked into it a bit. knowing that i was already worried how this series might turn out. i was really hoping they would simply take out the detail out of the gruesome death scenes and have the violence atleast on akame ga kill level... sadly this is not the case the censorship in the first episode was the absolute worst kind, parts of the screen being black is one thing but to the point where you cannot discern what is happening on the screen like it was the case here is just awful

.... god damnit don't freaking air a series you cannot air uncensored
Sep 26, 2014 12:01 PM

Jun 2014
Never read the manga, and I really enjoyed the first episode!

Got an introduction to the characters, got to see what the Terraformars look like, and we saw them blast off on the start of their mission!

Not a lot of action for the first episode, but the fight with the bear was pretty cool!

Not a big fan of censoring and still don't really understand why they would animate something that they know is graphic from the start.

Definitely will keep watching this, cuz I have been excited for this one for months!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Sep 26, 2014 12:01 PM
Jun 2013
God, these awful censors. You don't even get what's going on in the fight. I still love these faces in the beginning:

The way they are animated is really weird. It looks like they were trying to make it look natural but succeeded with the opposite outcome. I definitely like that music when everyone went to space. I suppose that's going to be the opening song. Though that scene was weirdly animated as well.

Didn't read the Manga but this is average so far. Not really good, but it's not THAT bad either.
Sep 26, 2014 12:02 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
As someone who's read part of the manga, I know not too expect too much from this series. It's firmly in the "turn off your brain and enjoy the carnage" category...but wait a minute...there is no carnage to see...because they censored so much that 70% of the screen was black band...

How the hell do they expect to sell this if they're taking away it's only selling point?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 2011
Is it me or the first episode is very similar to the beginning of Dragon Ball? There is a 1000% overpowered main character that finds a team and goes on adventure.

Mar 2014
So basically this is going to be the next black bullet/Tokyo ghoul, also known as shit?
Sep 26, 2014 12:03 PM
Jan 2012
Sweanime said:

Haven´t read the manga so how was the pacing? Do you think it´s a 12 episode show? Is the manga over?

it will most likely have more episodes
the manga is ongoing and it currently has ~85 chapters
the first episode covered most of the first chapter and a little bit of the second one
also this anime starts from the second volume, the ova covers the first volume but it's a mess
Sep 26, 2014 12:04 PM

Jul 2012
sullynathan said:
So basically this is going to be the next black bullet/Tokyo ghoul, also known as shit?

Tokyo Ghoul >>>> Black Bullet though
Sep 26, 2014 12:05 PM

Mar 2014
mayukachan said:
sullynathan said:

Tokyo Ghoul >>>> Black Bullet though

Yeah, but black bullet was so bad. Tokyo ghoul and terra formars are very graphic and yet have heavy censorship.
Sep 26, 2014 12:05 PM
Jan 2014
It was such a pain to go through the entire episode. Those vertical censorship gradiends made me sick. They totally crushed the selling point.

I don't even know if I'll last the 3-episode rule. If the obligatory censorship continues in the next episode (assuming there is a lot of gore), then I'm definitely going to drop this.
Sep 26, 2014 12:06 PM

Oct 2011
retty disappointed in JOHJ in a rather unusual way. Sure, the censoring is kind of a buzz kill since JOHJ is hyper-violent anyway, but it's actually too well made for it to be funny bad. Although it's not well made enough to be enjoyable. It's kind of in a strange middle ground that is truly out of spirit in typical JOHJ. What a shame.
Sep 26, 2014 12:07 PM

Nov 2011
Quite a disappointing start. Did they state that they were going to start from the second mission? I thought they'd start from the very beginning with Bugs I?

Apr 2013
-Resident- said:
It was such a pain to go through the entire episode. Those vertical censorship gradiends made me sick. They totally crushed the selling point.

I don't even know if I'll last the 3-episode rule. If the obligatory censorship continues in the next episode (assuming there is a lot of gore), then I'm definitely going to drop this.

the gore is 80/early90s hyper violent anime level. in other words terra formars is a series that cannot exist in 2014

Jan 2013
This show isnt as bad as black bullet.

See, BB had shitty source material too.

This is just a slow starter and horribly censored.

Give it some time.
Sep 26, 2014 12:08 PM

Jul 2012
Yeah, at least Terra Formars isn't resorting to lolis or fanservice to gain popularity...I think...so far.
Sep 26, 2014 12:09 PM
Jan 2012
-Resident- said:

put it on hold and wait for the BD
Sep 26, 2014 12:09 PM

May 2010
off to a shitty start with crazy censorship once again.
Sep 26, 2014 12:13 PM

Aug 2014
Am I the only one that will coment that the german guys name is "Adolf" ;D

I mean there are a little better german names :P That not make everybody will think about hitler.
Sep 26, 2014 12:14 PM

Mar 2014
What the hell does JOHJ mean?
Sep 26, 2014 12:17 PM

Jul 2012
Sweanime said:

I mean there are a little better german names :P That not make everybody will think about hitler.

lol I had a chuckle when I saw it too
Sep 26, 2014 12:18 PM

Sep 2012
GOTTA LOVE THE CENSORSHIP!
it's like i'm watching some program on a kids channel
Sep 26, 2014 12:19 PM

Jan 2013
StarSlay said:
GOTTA LOVE THE CENSORSHIP!
it's like i'm watching some program on a kids channel

You just have to wait for the un-censored version.
Sep 26, 2014 12:21 PM

Sep 2013
sullynathan said:

It's how the roaches say -George-, the name of a man form the first mission :)
Go read it.

Christian Era 2620 :O looks like all the gay people will be dead by 2620 ;) Sin and this what you'll get.
HELL YES!!! :)
Hizamaru and Shokichi my n!ggas ;)

The bear was beastly XD
Censorship :(
http://i5.mangapanda.com/terra-formars/7/terra-formars-3968075.jpg

A German named Adolf ;)

Hope they put the Mexicans back story next time :(

The spaceship takeoff scene was glorious :)
Sep 26, 2014 12:22 PM
Nov 2009
People seem to dislike this episode but I really enjoyed this first one.

Can't wait to see more of those cockroach humanoids and their trip to Mars.
Sep 26, 2014 12:27 PM

Jan 2013
Sweanime said:

Oddly enough, I didn't think of Hitler right away. I think the name suits him. He's a pretty cool guy, so it kinda makes up for it ^^

Also, if I can just say something:

PLEASE, do not drop watching this just to buy the Blu-Ray instead. If you need to watch this, please just bear through (pun not intended) this and watch the censored shit.
They want you to buy the BD to get the gore so they can keep pulling this shit, forcing people to buy the BD. It's just a huge fuck you to the viewers.
Sep 26, 2014 12:31 PM

Aug 2014
Syran said:
Sweanime said:

Oddly enough, I didn't think of Hitler right away. I think the name suits him. He's a pretty cool guy, so it kinda makes up for it ^^

PLEASE, do not drop watching this just to buy the Blu-Ray instead. If you need to watch this, please just bear through (pun not intended) this and watch the censored shit.
They want you to buy the BD to get the gore so they can keep pulling this shit, forcing people to buy the BD. It's just a huge fuck you to the viewers.

Well i live in sweden so I will have to wait like 10 years to even be able to buy it so I will "buy" it later in a differnt way ;D
Sep 26, 2014 12:32 PM

Feb 2012
Censorship ruined some of the best scenes, that bear was eating his sack and he smashed its face in half... I really do hate when people/trolls rate series right off the start , mfo buy the damn bd or they woulndt do this shat
Sep 26, 2014 12:33 PM

Jul 2014
i really wish they hadn't centered that one fight scene, it kinda took away from the epicness. though, I'm getting good sci-fi vibes.
Sep 26, 2014 12:35 PM

Jan 2013
Sweanime said:
Syran said:

Well i live in sweden so I will have to wait like 10 years to even be able to buy it so I will "buy" it later in a differnt way ;D

Søta bror, neighbor here. I'll probably have the same situation on my hands... Yeah, I would actually recomend that but I don't think I'm allowed :P
Sep 26, 2014 12:35 PM

Jan 2013
Sweanime said:

Plenty of people are named Adolf.

Just because one dickhead had the name doesnt mean we cant ever use it again.
Sep 26, 2014 12:37 PM

Jan 2013
Do people just not realize that most stuff on this network is censored?

They arent doing it to get you to buy dvds. You arent that important.
Sep 26, 2014 12:38 PM

Aug 2014
Søta bror, neighbor here. I'll probably have the same situation on my hands... Yeah, I would actually recomend that but I don't think I'm allowed :P

Glömde kolla upp var du bor :P lol
Sep 26, 2014 12:42 PM

Jan 2013
kind of hoping they just censored the first episode to be able to air it early like this.

I wont hold me breath though.
Sep 26, 2014 12:43 PM

Apr 2012
oh man this is gonna be awesome

Starship troopers + resident evil t virus? >.>

Sep 26, 2014 12:45 PM

Jan 2013
I just want to clear up that the arachnids in the Starship Troopers book had spaceships and were intelligent.

The movie is not Starship Troopers. It is a generic shooter movie (that was awesome) that got renamed to Starship Troopers halfway through production.
Sep 26, 2014 12:45 PM

Nov 2013
billybob300c said:
can't stand overly heroic / passionate mc type characters.

dropped

Synopsis - "Now, humanity will send elite warriors to exterminate the mutated bugs and claim back Mars."

What were you even expecting? Do people even bother reading into what they're about to get into anymore?

Pretty intriguing first episode, censorship is a sad thing to see as it's probably going to get in the way of some pretty crazy moments but oh well. Gotta live with it. The visuals look pretty solid and I like the main dude.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Sep 26, 2014 12:50 PM

Nov 2007
Well....... just checked it cause it's the first anime airing.... I'm like pretty bored but I like the concept of blood and ppl dying xP... so...
Guess we just need an info dump before the action started... I think?
Sep 26, 2014 12:54 PM

Jul 2014
Eh it's ok. Might just watch for the hell of it. Did the kids already go through surgery or what? Because it kinda just skipped to them going to Mars. Already predicting who will die of the supporting cast.
Sep 26, 2014 12:55 PM

Dec 2012
sullynathan said:

It's the only word-like-sound the Mars roaches bubble in the manga. "Johj" covers all themes, moods, and communications as of volume 9 (haven't read the 10 yet).

Little to add to the discussion, agree that censorship in this manga is a no-no. Also, it's impressive how they stormed one third of the manga in one episode. Inbefore flashbacks.

Anyway, hello Mars :))
Sep 26, 2014 12:55 PM

Jan 2013
Lyfa said:
Well....... just checked it cause it's the first anime airing.... I'm like pretty bored but I like the concept of blood and ppl dying xP... so...
Guess we just need an info dump before the action started... I think?

>tokyo ghoul sig and avatar
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Terra Formars Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2014

125 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 29, 10:41 PM

Poll: » Terra Formars Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2014

73 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 29, 10:02 PM

Poll: » Terra Formars Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2014

54 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 29, 9:24 PM

Poll: » Terra Formars Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2014

88 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 29, 8:46 PM

Poll: » Terra Formars Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2014

112 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 29, 8:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.