Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (17) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »
Sep 19, 2014 1:44 PM

Apr 2011
Fuck yeah just dont rush it.
Sep 19, 2014 1:46 PM

Jan 2012
I can't believe they just ended it like that.... Didn't even finish the arc seriously... this is so frustrating
Sep 19, 2014 2:08 PM

May 2014
This episode was simply Evangelion Episode

except for the ending..that were good but it had to end in the best part hasn't it..
the ending..
the ending..
the ending...
IcarusuSep 19, 2014 2:11 PM
Sep 19, 2014 2:13 PM

Nov 2012
Icarusu said:

except for the ending..that were good but it had to end in the best part hasn't it..
the ending..
the ending..
the ending...

dont compare to evashitlion, there is no shit CONGRATULATIOOOOOON x10000 here
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Sep 19, 2014 2:18 PM

Jul 2010
I think they did good with only 12 episodes. Of course 24 would be way more ideal, but you work with what you have. I'm glad we got an adaptation at all. Can't wait for the blu ray.
Sep 19, 2014 2:23 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
THAT ENDING
THAT GOD DAMN ENDING
THAT F****** ENDING

Great anime 9/10.
Can't wait for 2nd season
Will surely watch uncensored.
I really miss these types of anime T_T Glad to see 1 once in a while.
Sep 19, 2014 2:30 PM

Feb 2008
Honestly this wasn't that bad. Do recommend reading the manga though : )
Sep 19, 2014 2:57 PM

May 2014
ninjastarforcex said:
Icarusu said:

the ending..
the ending..
the ending...

Congratulations Kaneki, it would actually fit lol.
Sep 19, 2014 3:39 PM
Aug 2012
I understand people talking bad about the series. But this episode was epic!

The pace was good and they focus it entirely on Kaneki development/transformation. I expected so much to see white hair kaneki, thank goodness next season we will already have new badass Kaneki.
Sep 19, 2014 4:37 PM

Jul 2010
Roughly a 7/10 overall. It's really such a pity, it could have been a lot better.
Though, I'm happy that a sequel has been announced, will surely watch it.
Sep 19, 2014 4:41 PM

Aug 2014
Annoying ending.
But it's nice to see the fight in anime. :D

Xway101 ~By me~
Sep 19, 2014 5:39 PM
Nov 2013
I actually enjoyed this a lot more than the manga, the plot is pretty bad and gets increasingly worse after the CCG raid, but the anime did a really great job with the visuals, the music, and the fight scenes animation. A 7/10 for the anime and a 4/10 for the manga for me.
Sep 19, 2014 5:43 PM

Jun 2009
ninjastarforcex said:
Icarusu said:

the ending..
the ending..
the ending...

It's pretty hilarious to even suggest that this series is in the league of Evangelion, yes.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 19, 2014 5:49 PM

Dec 2008
Great episode, I honestly hope there is a second season, too many loose ends.
Sep 19, 2014 5:59 PM

Dec 2012
ninjastarforcex said:
Icarusu said:

the ending..
the ending..
the ending...

You mean don't compare Evangelion to this rubbish.
Sep 19, 2014 5:59 PM

Jan 2013
I really liked this episode.
The animation was incredible, it was very tense.
Sep 19, 2014 6:02 PM

Oct 2013
" I'm Not the one who's wrong, What's wrong... is THE WORLD!"
2/5 episode, that quote =,= It was already used in Code Geass.... now it just sounds cliche and generic, what an idiot.

This episode sucked, well in any case, this anime did suck majorly, Kaneki was a faggot, and I would like them to keep him as a faggot, but suddenly they change him into a wannabe badass..... Well what was once faggot, may never again not be faggot.
I am a human.
Sep 19, 2014 6:09 PM
Jul 2013
For real??
I was expecting like THE BADASS final episode and I get THIS?!
The fuck... Kaneki was awesome XD
But it felt really rushed.. Fuck this. I'm out :<
Sep 19, 2014 6:19 PM

Dec 2013
Season 2 announced for Jan 2015
Sep 19, 2014 6:22 PM

Aug 2012
Thank God there's gonna be a second season... and it won't take forever to come at that.

Quite honestly, I looked forward to watching every airing episode up until this last one. I feel like they rushed the crap out of this first season. We didn't see anything going on outside of the torture chamber. It was all Rize's manipulation, torture, and a somewhat badass final battle between Jason and Kaneki. But seriously, what about everyone trying to save him?

I'm seriously praying they continue to the second season right where this episode left off...
Sep 19, 2014 6:31 PM

May 2014
I don't care what others think about this. The episode was epic, a tad rushed, leaving mostly episode 11's plot out of its entire runtime. I think that 2 minutes less of rize's mindfuck, and more bad ass white haired ghould would've been the most awesome ending this season.

But, but... plotwise, it can compare a little bit with ep. 26 of Evangelion. Their not on the same league, I love Evangelion and all, but I can see the resemblance on the amount of loose ends given, or, as some Eva-fans could say: no fucks given (from Hidekki Anno).

Glad to see there's a second season already confirmed. I'll be waiting impatienly, just as every week I've been doing since this show first aired.

I'm having some mix thoughts on reading the manga... I'll wait to the end of second season to decide.
Sep 19, 2014 7:17 PM
Jul 2014
I swear pierrot should've adapted tokyo ghoul with the same quality as the last episode, and with better pacing at around 20 episodes at least. It was a good episode for character development, but definitely not as an end episode.

As for the overall series, the pacing was terrible with awkward censoring as well. Really disappointing even though I didn't read the manga at all.

Just going to go ahead and read manga now. If season two is being adapted by pierrot as well, I'll cry, but I guess I'd still watch it..
Sep 19, 2014 7:20 PM
Apr 2012
Wow this is the worst anime serie i have ever seen :D

It worths barely 3.

Worst pacing.
Boring character desings.
Kaneki being Yukiteru v2.

I can't understand how many people goes like "omg the best anime this season evaaa"

Lol. BS.
Sep 19, 2014 7:21 PM
Dec 2010
I'm going to be honest, I'm a faithful reader of this manga...

And I loved the fuck out of this episode. Seriously, everything was on point. It was so good I was able to completely cast aside any and all complaints I might have had in the past about not getting things "100% right." And you know, it is an adaptation for a reason. I don't even mind that episode 11 was fairly rushed as it set up an epic opening for Season 2 in january.

Back on topic, this was easily one of the greatest episodes of ANYTHING I have ever seen. The intensity of the animation, directing, and voice acting was of a whole 'nother level.

100/5 if I could. Love the manga. I now respect the anime. Bring on Season 2.
"I... don't need anything else...if you don't need anything else."
Sep 19, 2014 7:31 PM

May 2012
generalmartacus said:
I'm going to be honest, I'm a faithful reader of this manga...

And I loved the fuck out of this episode. Seriously, everything was on point. It was so good I was able to completely cast aside any and all complaints I might have had in the past about not getting things "100% right." And you know, it is an adaptation for a reason. I don't even mind that episode 11 was fairly rushed as it set up an epic opening for Season 2 in january.

Back on topic, this was easily one of the greatest episodes of ANYTHING I have ever seen. The intensity of the animation, directing, and voice acting was of a whole 'nother level.

100/5 if I could. Love the manga. I now respect the anime. Bring on Season 2.

I couldnt describe it better myself and then ending...WHOOAA! It blew my mind! :D I freaking love it. And there has to be a season two with no censoring please. But man, the feels from this ep..sooo much!! LOVED IT!!
""You think you're special? You're not. Everyone lies, everyone hides things...
Nobody makes it through this life being completely honest."
- Izaya

Sep 19, 2014 8:08 PM
Oct 2013
I thought the last episode's content was great compared to the other episodes besides the first. It gave off the right feeling that the anime should have had that wasn't present during most of the show, even with the amount of crazy censoring again.

They did a nice job with the symbolism such as the pure white roses slowly turning into red spider lilies that hold the meaning of never to meet again, lost memory, and abandonment. Kaneki's purity and his denial of being a half ghoul was abandoned, thus causing his old self to die. Also eating Rize seems to be him accepting her, his ghoul half, fully. His hair turning white can be evaluated as him gaining knowledge and being wiser as white hair can be associated with elderly people that tend to have more life experience. These symbols all emphasize Kaneki's "baptism" or "rebirth" of himself turning into a different person. But we obviously see that with Kaneki's badassery.

I have to say though, although this was a great episode, it was a horrible ending to the anime series. It left a lot of questions unanswered and didn't properly introduce some of the characters.
blugloomerSep 19, 2014 8:43 PM
Sep 19, 2014 8:18 PM

Aug 2013
Amazing! Can't wait for the second season to be announced!
I really enjoyed this!
10/10 ♥
Sep 19, 2014 8:36 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
NeutralSide said:
Tokoya said:
I read all of the manga last week and I saw how they messed up this series a lot, but from a manga reader perspective, this episode isn't as bad as some of you are making it out to be. In fact thy handled it very well and did White Hair Kaneki justice by showing how it all happened

Yeah they left out tons of information like the info on the different ghoul types as well as info on Kakuja'so but even so it was still good

I didn't like Kaneki up until this point in the series and I really waned to see this animated and Studio Pierrot did an amazing job with it

5/5 episode for me

If I rate this series from a manga reader point of view, this gets a 6/10 but from an anima only point of view I'm giving this an 8/10 because even though it was clearly rushed, it was still pretty damn good visually, the music was great and it was very enjoyable to watch...The censorship was terrible tho

I think they're still butt hurt over the last episode.

This episode made me forget what happened over that mess a few episodes back and Felt like I was reading the Manga's Torture arc in animated form.
I'm getting the same goose bumps when I read the manga.
same here

I really wanted to see this scene animated and after some thinking, I think that I liked it more in the anime than in the Manga lol
Sep 19, 2014 8:39 PM

Aug 2008
Never read the manga but the Rize-Kaneki is way too dragging. This episode ruin it for me but seeing Kaneki kick ass is great.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Sep 19, 2014 9:33 PM

May 2008
Hmm this episode was pretty bad. Too much time wasted on the Kaneki-Rize dialogue and all the censorship. Good fight near the end of the episode but that's a bit late. I'll probably end up watching season 2 as well though.

I still like the op/ed songs, one of the best this season definitely.
7/10 overall.
Sep 19, 2014 9:55 PM

Apr 2014
Tokyo Ghoul became Tokyo ESP.

Kaneki confirmed for Rinka's brother. It's the WHITE MAN!
Nop.
Sep 19, 2014 9:56 PM

Mar 2013
Whelp.
Time to read the manga
Sep 19, 2014 10:17 PM

Jan 2014
It seems like the only people that don't enjoy this are the people that have read the manga. I didn't read it and I think this anime is awesome.

Who gives a shit if they didn't adapt it exactly, it's still enjoyable.
Sep 19, 2014 10:25 PM
Jul 2014
pierrot and the voice actors did a good job with this episode. i was sweating after that torture scene

i give props to pierrot because their animation style fits perfectly with tokyo ghoul. compared to akame ga kill, I say the atmosphere and the quality is way better in tokyo ghoul.

I couldn't care less about the censorship, why is it such a big deal?

i'll give this episode 5/5, and the anime 8/10.
Sep 19, 2014 10:36 PM

Jul 2012
That was a nice way to end off this season. I'm glad it's getting a sequel.

I haven't read the manga, but the anime is decent. This show isn't even the type I usually like, but I have no big issues with it.
Sep 19, 2014 10:45 PM

Jan 2008
I found it super disappointing.
A whole episode of torture? There was plenty in the last episode.
BLEH

Sep 19, 2014 10:46 PM

Apr 2009
To be honest, I feel like they've nailed the last episode, but I think it's such an unfitting way to end the season.

Also, am I really the only one who liked the exchange between Rize and Kaneki? imo I believe that it's an important part of Kaneki's character.

SkylavisSep 19, 2014 10:50 PM
RandomPerson4 said:
YES! FUCK YOU LIGHT YAGAMI! FUCK YOU!!!!!!!
Sep 19, 2014 10:46 PM

Jul 2012
inlimbo said:
A whole episode of torture? There was plenty in the last episode.

No, more like self-realization and a fight.
Sep 19, 2014 10:51 PM

May 2012
I really enjoyed the torture scenes, and fighting at end. Good ending and I'm looking forward for 2nd season
Sep 19, 2014 11:30 PM

Mar 2014
bRaysor said:
It seems like the only people that don't enjoy this are the people that have read the manga. I didn't read it and I think this anime is awesome.

Who gives a shit if they didn't adapt it exactly, it's still enjoyable.

I didn't read the manga and I disliked it.
Sep 19, 2014 11:57 PM

Jul 2013
I'm glad they adapted they torture scenes BUT SERIOUSLY? YOU END IT THERE? We're being trolled by Pierrot's everywhere what the hell...

To only have two minutes of BA Kaneki...it's so frustrating!
Sep 20, 2014 12:46 AM

Oct 2013
10/10 for the episode. Kaneki why are you so fuckin badass??

6.5/10 for the series itself.
Sep 20, 2014 1:46 AM

Apr 2014
Kaneki is like Madoka. Useful at the last ep.

Where's the rest of the ep? I want to see Touka VS her bro and Amon-kun's fight with the one-eyed ghoul. </3
Sep 20, 2014 2:11 AM

Oct 2013
Nuvi said:
10/10 for the episode. Kaneki why are you so fuckin badass??

6.5/10 for the series itself.
Sep 20, 2014 2:18 AM

Jun 2011
As for someone who reads the manga, I should be disappointed. But I kind'a liked the episode. Maybe because of white haired Kaneki.

I still prefer the manga. The whole anime is really rushed lol.
Can't wait for the second season tho. They can't end it just like that.
Sep 20, 2014 4:38 AM

Jan 2013
So now old Kaneki is gone?
I liked how he wanted to make everybody understand the other side of ghouls/humans.
But I can't deny he's way more badass now.
He's definitely a whole different person though.
Sep 20, 2014 4:55 AM

Nov 2012
MasterQuest said:
So now old Kaneki is gone?
I liked how he wanted to make everybody understand the other side of ghouls/humans.
But I can't deny he's way more badass now.
He's definitely a whole different person though.

black haired : "i want ghoul and human peace :( :( :( T_T"
white haired : "who cares..." XD
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Sep 20, 2014 5:08 AM

Jun 2011
Well, at least I learned how to properly crack my fingers in a creepy way.
Sep 20, 2014 5:10 AM

Aug 2014
Enjoyed the anime mainly for the atmosphere, brutality and themes. It did seem oddly rushed in many places and the conclusion wasn't really a conclusion.
Sep 20, 2014 6:05 AM

May 2013
One word to describe this anime and this episode: Epic.
Pages (17) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Tokyo Ghoul ss3 killed all the hope I have for this series

DatajI - Mar 9

4 by zero00guard »»
Mar 12, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

349 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 8, 11:42 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2014

430 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 7, 9:52 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

319 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 6, 10:12 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2014

859 by WarlockGames17 »»
Feb 2, 1:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.