Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 5, 2014 1:09 PM

Jan 2008
When I was about to start watching Love Stage! I wasnt sure just how much I was going to like it this is coming from someone who really enjoys the story and everything that comes with Junjou Romantica from the moment i found out Junjou Romantica was announced I loved it but when Love Stage! was announced n had a set date i wasnt all that sure just how much i was going to like it...

Well I finally got around to watching episode 1 then by the time i was done with episode 1 i wanted to watch episode 2 so i did by the end of each episode i couldnt stop watching it n just few hours later i was done with it n i was sad that it was done I loved this anime n if a season 2 cam out i would so watch them many times n i would even re-watch season 1 just like i did with Junjou Romantica n then after i was done watching season 2 i re-watched them all without having to wait so I have a feeling that Love Stage! would be the same thing.

Overall my score will be n forevermore a 10 I would rate it higher but MAL only goes up to 10 so yeah.
Dec 5, 2014 1:44 PM

Jul 2014
Nosleepin1 said:
parfaited said:

Is it wrong to call all homosexual anime BL? Isn't that the preferred term these days anyway?
If anyone is enlightened about these things please do tell me.
(and I mean truly enlightened and not just speaking out of your ass enlightened)

Of course you are right. It isn't Yaoi or more correctly Boy's Love. And I like the term Yaoi better than BL, it has a ring to it. Yaoi is not incorrect it is just a bit out of date. But love stage the anime is Shouen Ai. I don't consider myself enlightened, but you seemed so stressed.

Yaoi is BL.
Shounen Ai is also BL.
Yaoi, however, is different from Shounen Ai.

Although both are classified as Boy's Love, yaoi is more explicit. It shows sex scenes, etc. So yaoi is like the malexmale version of hentai.

Shounen ai on the other hand is basically something on the softer or "fluffier" level of boy's love... like a shoujo manga relationship except with a malexmale pair.
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Dec 5, 2014 1:46 PM

Jul 2012
jib3 said:
@mayukachan have you read this

snip snip

reading an article about the psychological side of female's needs for rape does not change how i feel about said anime
nor does it change my morals

either way, the shows i mentioned aren't well written even if you took the non-consensual out.

in the end, it doesn't change that sekaiichi and junjou had unconsensual which is equal to rape
Dec 5, 2014 2:02 PM

Jul 2014
Candeloro said:
I almost cried, my eyes teared up at that ending. "I love you".

There needs to be more yaoi anime like this, I'm tired of the only yaoi/shounen-ai anime out there being Junjou Romantica and Sekaiichi Hatsukoi. Not to count Gravitation which is really amateur and shitty.

Yes there's tons of yaoi/shounen-ai manga but I want to see more animated ones. There is no harm and Love Stage was a masterpiece.

It was a good run. ;___;

IKR?! I've read a lot of yaoi/shounen ai mangas that have really great stories in them but you hardly find animes of those genres.

I hope the success of Love Stage would increase the chances for more BL animes to be made though. I understand anime producers are wary about making BL mangas into anime because it isn't generally/easily received by everyone... but c'mon. :c If they're made this well, pretty sure a lot of people will still appreciate it! >_<
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Dec 10, 2014 4:07 AM

Jan 2012
show is awesome but could do without semi-sex scene this ep....

i twisted and turned + cringed during the whole thing and hope they don't show the humping motion (which they didn't)

def. the perfect anime to introduce someone to yaoi... the series kind of ease the viewer into more and more intense MxM romance

this will probably be one (if not the only one) BL/shounen-ai/yaoi/w/e anime with semi-subtle gay sex scene I managed to finish and enjoyed.

8/10

PS. not a single boner was achieved during while watching this anime.. fukyea.jpg
Dec 11, 2014 1:33 PM

Aug 2012
Ahhhh...sooo, this was my first Yaoi series and I enjoyed it. I must say, I really did like it! I had no idea it was only 10 episodes though....D; My reaction was "OmGoodness!? It's done!? Whaa?!"

& Izumi was so so so so cute as a girl...haha poor guy. Anyway, I did enjoy! It was pretty good :D, I'd deff watch if there will soon be a season 2!

Dec 12, 2014 4:07 AM

Jan 2013
That was good. I was tempted into giving an 8/10 because it's frustrating how hetero anime can't even pull a 7/10 romance but that isn't fair.

This anime gets a 7/10
Mar 20, 2015 12:25 PM
Apr 2014
OK, why did I like this so much? I'm a straight guy without any prior yaoi/shounen-ai experience, and yet I loved this. Odd. But yeah, 7.5/10
"Though mountains crack, and ice will thaw

Though walls will fall, to tooth and claw

Though stars will fade, and shadow spread

On the heights we stood, with iron red.

And as they died, they killed the dead.
Aug 1, 2015 11:57 PM

Feb 2014
I feel like I kind of jumped on this bandwagon late! Why can't there be more? D: 10 episodes just isnt enough

Oh Izumi made the first move! >.< I fangirled through the second half!

Glad to see them get together!

Now onto the manga because I need more of this!!
Oct 12, 2015 6:07 AM

Dec 2012
Well it looks like Izumi was sorely mistaken about his first time not hurting. That really escalated but it reached the all's well that end's well. Wrapping it up with a simple but sweet "I love you." I really liked that moment between Izumi's parents as well, just a heartwarming moment of two parents who were truly looking out for their son's well being.

I have to say Love Stage threw me completely off guard. The first episode took me by storm and kept me glued to the hilarity and sugary, feel good romance that ensued between two formerly straight guys. I like how they didn't make it a point that they needed to reexamine their sexual orientation, but rather that they loved each other regardless of gender. Another strong point of this show is how it mostly stayed lighthearted but still delivered drama without being too heavy handed about it. I think I was either smiling or laughing 90% of the time, especially when those two stuffed animals would randomly intervene in the background. Oh and Lala Lulu. Who can forget about her?

9/10, I might have bumped it up to a 10 just because it was easy to go gay for Izumi cross dressing. I rarely watch shounen ai but this, Sekai Ichi, and Junjou have all left solid impressions on me. It definitely makes me want to continue picking up BL from time to time.
ZekkenshinOct 12, 2015 6:10 AM
Oct 13, 2015 4:32 AM

Dec 2012
The ending, that last bit, anyone saw the scene of shougo and rei love scene of that ova?
I mean there was some hint in perhaps episode 10? Rei kinda say meet him at somewhere and shougo got very excited? Not so sure.

But in the ova, it kinda reveals that Rei is the uke O_O? Maybe? Not so sure. I may be wrong in this. But pewpewpew, i wish there was a side ova for rei and sougo xD, it will be fun~~
Oct 13, 2015 12:18 PM

Jul 2012
yukified said:
But in the ova, it kinda reveals that Rei is the uke O_O? Maybe? Not so sure. I may be wrong in this. But pewpewpew, i wish there was a side ova for rei and sougo xD, it will be fun~~

read the manga for rei x sougo!
Jan 10, 2016 10:41 PM
Dec 2015
I fucking loved this shounen ai anime! They were just so cute together and i swer i could feel a pink fluffy bunny jumping inside of me in the last episode! Sooo happy Izumi confessed to Ryouma! Can't explain how good it is!
10000000000000000000/10 i promise!
Shipnames
Ryomi
Jan 13, 2016 6:22 PM

Sep 2015
whhaaat it's over?

The glasses guy is the sane guy of this series XD I thought he'd be the one complicating things but I guess the role is not for him.

Well, I'm hoping for season 2 or spin off or whatever.
Jan 17, 2016 11:02 PM

Feb 2009
THAT ELEPHANT SCENE. I JUST... DIED. HAHAHAHHAAHHAHA

ALSO NO CLOUD CENSORING

and Shougo Inu
best end ep thank god
Mar 26, 2016 2:24 PM

Dec 2015
Wow! My first shounen ai anime. I thought it was yaoi at first but reading the comments of this forum I found out that there's a difference to yaoi and shounen ai.
Just wow... I loved it so much! I never knew I could be into boy x boy action that much! I love it! Will go watch the OVA asap and I am seriously thinking about reading the manga now!!

Omg Rei in the end .o. didn't expect that. But it was soo cute :3
This episode was the sweetest ever... I can't even comment on it more. It was so perfect. Definitely the best anime to introduce people to shounen ai! At least it seems so :D
Worthy of a rewatch for sure!!! I'm excited for the Ova x3
''One is enough, find someone completely unique'' -Yato
''You can't feel lonely if there's no one else around'' -Yamaken
''Because it's broken, it will never recover'' -Nanami
Apr 5, 2016 8:24 PM

Mar 2016
I'm glad I watched this, it was hilarious, like really funny. One of the few romance endings I actually really liked, was glad for them, though that ending was hilarious xD
May 3, 2016 8:25 AM
Mar 2016
Ships are sailing right to the OTP island! Dream come true! It's canon!

Well what can I say. I watched this anime to make little start with yaoi anime. I hoped this anime makes me tolerate yaoi better. Welp this turned me so gay and I'm a girl lol
Really good anime and sweet characters. I'd like to see season 2
Oct 29, 2016 8:52 AM

Oct 2014
Wait a minute, is Rei and Shougo actually a thing? This would be a disaster. Rei is my favorite character while Shougo is my LEAST favorite so NO! JUST NO! I don't like Shougo so this pairing gets my disapproval.

Anyway, it was an enjoyable watch. I think the light-hearted atmosphere is what made this series for me. And if there is one thing I thought they done right, it would be having Izumi FIGHT BACK! Finally someone who at least fight when they are cornered because realistic speaking, the chances of someone rescuing you is low so I hate it when anime make guys/mostly girls waiting for someone to help them out in situations like this.
Feb 18, 2017 11:35 PM
Jan 2017
They better make more anime for this. I dont care if its about izumi after he goes into show buisness or about the implied connection between rei and shougo(theres a manga about them so they can totally adapt that into an anime) I need there to be more to this story. Im sure this is the opinion of most of the fans who watched this anime. I just live thiss one so much I seen it three times.two of those times were between two and seven in the morning and I just watched it today. Its sad its only 10 eps when most are 12 eps while some even have 13 in a season
Mar 31, 2017 7:18 PM
Jan 2012
Aaaaaaaaaaah this was so good. 10/10. <33333
May 2, 2017 12:02 AM
May 2017
OKAY THEY NEED NEED NEED TO MAKE A SECOND SEASON AND IF THEY DONT THEN AT LEAST DO A SPIN OFF WITH Takahiro-kun and his life...(with the famous manga writer:)) OR a prequel with rei and shougo when they were younger!;) LETS MAKE THUS HAPPEN😭❤️
May 20, 2017 3:42 AM
Jul 2018
ohhhhhh my gawd my heart, by far one of the cutest anime's ever. i totally died when rei said " COME OVER TONIGHT " aughhhh<3
Sep 27, 2017 10:20 AM

Jun 2017
Seriously, this ending was PEEERRRFECT!
Mar 28, 2018 2:04 AM
Nov 2012
This must be how girls feel when they watch normal Harem anime.

Plain girl surrounded by good looking guys who are infatuated by them for no reason. I just keep asking myself Whhyyyyyy!?
So many moments are just realistic behavior on the "hot guy's" part.

Thinking back it was the exact same case for our harem anime. Plain guy surrounded by hot girls who are in love with him for no reason. A lot of the hot girls' behaviors were probably unrealistic.
But I couldn't tell 'cause you'd need a life with interaction with real women for that.

Once I accepted it as a shoujo series, it was Surprisingly entertaining.
May 13, 2018 11:15 PM
Oct 2017
More like 'Rape Stage'. Seeing dude get sexually assaulted wasn't cool then somehow working things over? Oh boy...
Dec 25, 2018 10:08 PM

May 2013
I love the little bear mascots in this anime hehe. So cute and funny :D
We got to see some lovey-dovey parents scene yey :}

That cup broke like Izumi's virginity HAHHAHAHA XD
Don't tell Shougo or he's gonna murder Ryouma LOL

So nice of them to give us a little house tour while they were having sex~
Thank gawd we didn't get those transparent sky cloud censor again LMAO smhhhh.

and I was SO RIGHT about ShougoXRei! AAAAHHHHH~~~ <3

Ryouma bby so sensitive <333333

THAT STARDUCKS COFFEE AT VERY END CLIP HAHHAHAHAHAAA I'M DED XD

That Nikkon billboard ad was CAPTIVATING. Man, Izumi's eyes are just everything *O*

8/10- Great humor, great character progress, romance scenes were pretty good. Loved it :D
Apr 7, 2019 6:29 AM

Jan 2019
Ahhh! I loved this series so much. I loved the little ending tease with Shougo x Rei, yes please?!
why am i plagued with furry jokes everywhere I go
Apr 19, 2019 2:46 PM
Jul 2018
*cups hands and yells* Gaayyyyy!
Just kidding, I really did like this show, super cute.
So is/was Shougo and Rei a thing? I'd like to see that.
Aug 27, 2019 10:55 PM

Sep 2017
The first yaoi show that gave me a boner after Boku no Pico (the latter is more clearly directed to straight men so it doesn't count.)

I want more sex scenes
Apr 30, 2020 4:24 PM
Apr 2020
This show had a lot of problems which manages to make you forget with how cute the last episodes gets...

Without talking about the whole crossdressing thing the first issue was Shougo undressing Izumi to show he's a boy, then Ryoma yelling a ton of insults to Izumi (which he never apologized for) and later assaulting him "to prove he's not into guys" but ended liking it too much... the worst part was that Izumi liked it too and was only conflicted about possibly be gay.
As if it's ok for an attractive guy to assault someone.

They were talking about it like it was nothing, just because they managed to stop him. Izumi didn't appear scarred but he was still so afraid to run from him when they met again. Ryoma even complained about how Izumi looked, later when Izumi gave in and let him have his contact info Ryoma started acting possessive and controlling. Like a stalker. That's a lot of red flags and this was supposed to be a romantic comedy.

ElenirLachlagos said:
I always wonder whether the Japanese have never heard of foreplay, heavy petting or second and thirs base. I mean seriously? Is that just something they leave out in mangas and anime because... whatever... or is it something cultural?

The authors are probably more familiar with hetero sex and think they need to do it for a "complete" relationship. You can see foreplay and different kinds of gay sex in some hentai doujins, actual manga tends to go straight to anal.

Izumi probably should have asked about preparation instead of "will it hurt or not?", I doubt Ryoma did any research, but he's quite immature so it was expected.

yukified said:
But in the ova, it kinda reveals that Rei is the uke O_O?

I thought that was already obvious after what he told Izumi in episode 4.
Nov 1, 2020 8:19 PM
Aug 2020
yall wanna know something, when i first clicked on this anime in hulu my dumbass actually thought it was a boy and GIRL, whoo was i wrong
May 1, 2021 1:08 AM

Jan 2021
This was very adorable (●´ϖ`●)
Jul 2, 2021 1:04 PM

Jan 2021
~~~WISH!!!!!!!!!!
Nov 22, 2022 11:52 AM
Feb 2022
Mi primer Yaoi, y debo decir que deja en ridículo a varias series románticas normales. Me encanta que Izumi haya entendido y aceptado que lo que sentía por Ryouma era amor, y verlo corriendo hasta su casa. Era bastante obvio que entre Shougo y Rei había algo también.
Ps: Debiste usar lubricante Izumi XD.
Jan 8, 2023 9:59 AM
May 2021
this is very cute :)
Jul 8, 2023 10:43 AM

Oct 2022
I can't believe this is the last episode... dammm
Well this whole anime really surprised me. Took only a few days to watch it, and went to watch the 11th &12th episodes- only to find out they don't exist! Disappointed, it was great to see Izumi finally overcome his reluctance to a relationship with Ryouma, after everything he's done for him. The part with those punks where you're certain Izumi's cute looks have finally landed him in true danger for his life, turned out different than what expected- but I like how there's something of a nod there to what gay men have to go through in their lives. The truth is, men can be extremely violent and dangerous and there are risks that young men who are gay face when they don't know how to tell, that someone might be incredibly dangerous... or in Izumi's case a complete accident, and without his glasses is completely helpless. It sends the message that you might need to- no you must be capable of- fighting your way out of a bad situation like that and that scene could have gone very differently.
The only complaint I had is how Takahiro was to Izumi about the whole manga studio he worked in with that famous artist- this whole time? Like dude, you were secretly working for your friends' most favorite artist and never said so, or asked for anything... but of course, he had to mention that he worked there so the rest of the plot could happen- and he could tell Izumi from the opposite perspective how incredibly hard it was for Ryouma to get his manuscript reviewed by him. A little too convenient, but it was the only thing wrong with the episode. This anime deserves a more full review from me and I wish there was a second season.
Jan 1, 3:16 PM

Nov 2023
I literally binge watched this. I'm glad they finally came together! Also, the journey they had together was fun. Being in love and staying in love with someone after a decade is something else, Ryouma is a great guy. Honestly, Sena is a lucky guy.

8/10 anime. I gope there's a second season. Also, would definitely read the manga!
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Stage!! Episode 9 Discussion

tsubasalover - Sep 3, 2014

42 by sanjiT___T »»
Jan 7, 3:15 PM

Poll: » Love Stage!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

onoda - Jul 9, 2014

155 by WELLERM »»
Jan 1, 11:49 AM

Poll: » Love Stage!! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dmrch - Jul 30, 2014

72 by GhostlyHana »»
Nov 23, 2023 1:59 AM

Poll: » Love Stage!! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dmrch - Jul 23, 2014

87 by GhostlyHana »»
Nov 22, 2023 9:11 AM

Poll: » Love Stage!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

VirtueHunter - Jul 16, 2014

104 by GhostlyHana »»
Nov 22, 2023 9:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.