New
Pages (151) « First ... « 148 149 [150] 151 »
May 11, 2014 5:40 AM
Jul 2012
^ can this be a skip?
May 15, 2014 4:38 PM

Apr 2012
Sure bro

That anime style is really annoying me but I'll see what I can do.

Gokukoku no Brynhildr: Only seen two episodes. it's okay so far but the characters aren't interesting at all, although it's mostly just fan service so I don't mind. Not much else to expect from the guy who made Elfen Lied

HunterxHunter: I loved it up until that retarded ant arc, haven't watched it since and don't want to. The arena arc was amazing though.

Soul Eater: Was pretty good and had interesting characters, liked it up until it cut off from the manga.

R-16: xD Good for fanservice I guess.

Angel Beats: Good gateway anime to get friends to watch, decent story but not what everyone makes it up to be. Not good/bad just an entertaining watch.

Another: I feel like it could have been good, just didn't interest me too much and seemed like too few episodes.

Baccano: Ah I loved this anime, although I did prefer DRRR

Clannad: Possibly even more overrated than SnK, atleast that was entertaining to watch.

Code Geass: Decent anime, I've seen it a few times although I liked the second season a bit more for the symbolism.

Dead Leaves: I wanna see this so badly, is it any good?

Deathnote: Was my gateway back into anime a few years back, loved it until a certain event happened. -_- plus the main character was pretty one dimensional.

Durarara: Loved this anime with a passion, I'll rewatch this shit anyday.

Ishida: Stayed for the afro.

Kagaku na Yatsura: Never heard of it but that cover title lmao, I wanna watch it now..

Naruto: Some arcs were good but meh, hated the characters, decent music and story though.

School Days: Was entertaining xD although had it spoiled to me. Funniest endiing I've seen in an anime.

Steins gate: Good Story/characters although I won't call it a masterpiece, I still easily marathonned through it though which has been hard for me to do recently.

Toradora: Taiga voice actor turned me off...

Yuru Yuri: Best anime forever ;) Akari is my only waifu.
May 16, 2014 4:26 AM

Oct 2012
Rivayne

Baccano!- I agree, Ladd Russo should star in every anime.

Bakemonogatari- Interesting concepts, flawed execution.

Bleach- After one hundred episodes I don't think two hundred more will change your opinion much.

Code Geass- Interesting take on the series, however I thought it took itself too seriously if it was going for that approach.

Death Note- Agreed.

FLCL- A great series for sure even if it's not for everyone.

Kill la Kill- Anime has been saved.

Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica- I enjoyed the show but didn't think it was the greatest thing since sliced bread like most people.

Monster- It starts out slow but then picks up. I think if you stick with it you'll be rewarded.

Naruto- More like Fillerto am I right?

Pokemon- Who didn't?

Shingeki no Kyojin- Characters are the worst part of the series and it's a huge glaring flaw.

Sword Art Online- It was pretty bad but not the death of anime as we know it.

Another person who uses tags to say stuff about the anime! I'm not alone ;_ ;

May 17, 2014 10:17 PM

Apr 2012
Reserved
Jun 1, 2014 11:42 AM

Dec 2012
First of we have terrible compatability (45.2%) so I probably won't have a good perspective on what you like but I'll do my best. Also I did a personality test (http://www.mypersonality.info/pawnda/) it's a pretty cool site. Here's how we rate:

Watching
Wow you really like JoJo and you have a lot going on at once, I do that too btw. Also I like that you have some explanations in the tags. But you've got so many great shows here that are essentially on hold.

Durarara!! - I don't think it deserves a 9 but I think it should deserve a 9. The light novels must be awesome since they have the whole story.

Gintama - Didn't have the patience to get into it.

Hunter - I agree the ant arc is terrible.

Mushishi - Beautiful.

Shinsekai Yori - It's awesome and there are no fillers? Just because you think something isn't part of the plot doesn't mean it's filler, finish it and you'll see it all come together.

Completed
Few 10's, which is cool and I like how you use the rating scale. However I have absolutely no idea how you manage to decide which number to assign to a series.

Yuru Yuri - Haha, what? I've actually thought about watching it but I don't think I'd ever rate it a 9.

Shingeki no Kyojin - I completely agree with you observations.

ef: Tale of Memories - It's definitely better than a 6.

Steins;Gate - How the hell did you rate this with a 6?

Code Geass - OK so many series that average a 9 in the MAL database which you rate with a 6 while very mediocre stuff is getting 9's

Bakuman - It's better than a 3 or 4.

On Hold
Some of these are definitely worth continuing for example Casshern Sins, Monster, P&S Garterbelt, Fate/Zero and Monster.

Dropped
Why do you drop things but rate them a 7? that makes no sense.

You're definitely a guy. Also sorry how long it took to do this I had work and stuff before a finished. I have no understanding of your taste so I can't really recommend stuff but you can try http://animeadvice.me
PawnDaJun 2, 2014 11:13 AM
Jun 17, 2014 10:36 PM

Mar 2013
Watching:
Kill la Kill: I keep meaning to watch this, but I never do. I promise I'll watch it sometime this week.

Completed:
Death Note: Damn, I gotta watch the remains of the first arc. You're right, guys. I gotta drop it after the second arc.
Dragon Ball series: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 and watching reruns of DBZ Kai spoiled the story for me.
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Enjoyed the TV series, despite the religious bullshit and the last two televised episodes, but The End confused me like fuck, like it did many anime fans.
Attack on Titan: I plan on rewatching it dubbed, but ultimately, I might not get around to it. Like every other instance of me re-planning to watch recently.
Gurren Lagann: Again, an anime I lacked the motivation to watch. Sometime before the end of the year, I promise.
Toradora!: I enjoyed it. Now I plan to rewatch it sometime this summer to see if I like it as much as I did.

On-hold:
Madoka Magica: A friend of mine on Twitter recommended it to me. So I wanna watch it with no expectations whatsoever.

Plan to watch:
Deadman Wonderland: Left unfinished due to lack of any more motivation.
Jormungand: I actually saw the first few episodes in anime club, but I never bothered to add it to my anime list.
Nana: Never gonna get around to watching this. Who knows.

Sorry if it's a bit short, like every list review I ever do. You're right, I should probably come back in about a year or so.
ZTyrantJun 17, 2014 10:53 PM
Jun 17, 2014 10:38 PM
Mar 2011
editing
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Jun 18, 2014 11:16 AM

Mar 2013
Still editing, huh?
Anyway, does this count as a skip?
Jun 18, 2014 11:22 AM

Oct 2013
ZTyrant said:
Still editing, huh?
Anyway, does this count as a skip?

Gonna go with yes.

Pretty nice. You use the "on-hold" section which I never found a use for but still you have some good ones in there Shingeki no Kyojin and Summer Wars (FAVORITE MOVIE) and you are watching lucky star which is freaking hilarious.
Jun 18, 2014 12:13 PM

Jan 2012
I'm going to assume for now that he will be a good person and not back out on what he said he will do.

So.

@FGAU1912

SHIT! I would get this guy..... So we have a 49.2% compatability. I don't think this is going to be fun.... And I am not doing that many. I'll stop before 50 no matter what.

As far as I can see you love the classics, so I don't think we will have much in common....

Here we go!

Watching

One Piece - You gave it a 7. And it doesn't look like you say much about your anime. In fact you say nothing at all.... I gave it a 10 because it's my favorite shoenen (totallyyyy didn't spell that right...). I think it's wonderful though.

And that's all there...

Gah... The time it takes to load your list....

Completed

Aa! Megami-sama! - Well you gave the series as a whole about a 7. That's about the same as me. I'd say that is a pretty fair score for what it brought. I didn't think too much of it.

Angel Beats! - by giving this a 7 I understand that you don't fall for the everyday sappy story, and that you are definitely a tough rater. I think I gave it an 8. Which I think is the biggest jump between ratings. I cried, so this got brownie points with me.

Clannad - So now my understanding of you has changed from "critical rater" to "can't realize completely when he sees a good anime, and rates it low because it's not old, not a movie/OVA series, or some strange reason that I just can't quite see....". Anyways. I get when people throw down an anime they don't like, but you seem to have a very strange view on the "average" anime.

Full Metal Panic! - Gah. It's hard to look at your ratings. I wish you had a comment for these anime. I suppose this rating was given because you thought it was trying to hard to be funny, don't like Chidori, or don't like slapstick.... Who knows... I thought it was a quality anime though.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - At least I can agree with this rating.

Fushugi Yugi - Makes me want to go watch the series. but with your ratings I never know......

Hajime no Ippo - You = terrible at looking at an anime from a detached perspective.

IS: Infinite Stratos - I just wanted to let you know that you think THIS series is better that Hajime no Ippo, and that is very wrong.

Naruto - My inner fanboy is crying.

I'm just going to stop there on account of the fact that I can't tell if you know what the difference between the words "good" and "old".

I'd recommend something on your PTW , but I'm sure you wouldn't like it so I wont....

I fail to understand you. I hope you have a good day.
ImpartialfateJun 18, 2014 12:21 PM
Jun 18, 2014 12:15 PM
Mar 2011
[quote=ZTyrant]Still editing, huh?
we share almost 200 anime vis a vie i call you lazy

1 Aa! Megami-sama! (TV) to little of the manga covered
2 Ai Yori Aoshi - best romance in the past 10 years yes i oly gave oit a seven cuase i hate Tina
3 Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka- Meh
4 Aki sora- sold anime at best
5 Akikan!- this anime was awfull
6 Angel Beats!- passing grade anime
7 Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai.- iust did get the reaosn this is loved
8 Ano Natsu de Matteru- mondern shounen romance sucks
9 Arakawa Under the Bridge- live action was better
10 B Gata H Ke-i late night shlock
11 Bakemonogatari Ditto
12 Bleach- Kubo let people de for god sake and Uryu is one of the worst wtten charters in fiction
13 Blue Dragon- video game is better
14 Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo - - i founed this very funny
15 Clannad and AS - doctors should not be that stupid
17 Da Capo- poor adation
18 Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation - trys to hard to be is srouce in style and VN style does not work in anime
Dragon Ball Z- i agrre
19 Fate/Zero- late night sholck
20 Fairy Tail aefull bot ogt ok ratings
21 Free!- Kyoani the Asylum of anime
22 Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu- i hated this all the way
23 Gintama- lost of anime did this better humorstyle wise shin chan for example
24 Girls Bravo Ichi Gaki ad Ni Gaki- see shounen romance rant
25 Golden Time- better than Toradora
26 Hajime no Ippo- anime pacing sucked horses anus
27 Hamtaro- its run lenght = good ratings
28 Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Na-i only Chimo like this
29 Toradora! -worst romance anime every

you like to much late night anime for me to want to comment on tyou list any more

DateYutakaJun 18, 2014 12:46 PM
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Jun 18, 2014 12:22 PM

Jan 2012
ZTyrant said:
Still editing, huh?

FGAU1912 said:

we share almost 200 anime vis a vie i call you lazy

I got you...... Ha....haha.....
ImpartialfateJun 18, 2014 12:27 PM
Jun 18, 2014 12:46 PM
Mar 2011
Impartialfate said:
ZTyrant said:
Still editing, huh?

I got you...... Ha....haha.....

now i done you

Jun 20, 2014 7:38 AM

Jan 2012
Well it doesn't look like Shrabster is gunna get one, so I'll get him fixed up I suppose. Of course I've already commented on his list multiple times, but hey, maybe something has changed.

Oh. And FGAU1912, you skipped your guy. You should really go back and do one for him.

SOO.

@Shrabster

58.4% compatibility... I mean I hope we can agree about some things.

I'm going to trust your disclaimer.

Watching

NOTHING.....

Completed

FMA: Brotherhood - King Bradley is my man crush for life.

Highschool of the Dead - That it is my friend, that it is....

Kara no Kyoukai - Your comments are disturbingly accurate descriptions of these movies.... So far...

I'm upset this is all there is for me to say.... If I commented on SAO or AoT it would just turn into a fight.... So......

I like Nisekoi and Nana! So you should watch those! If you want.....
Jun 20, 2014 2:59 PM
Jul 2012
watching

hxh 2011 Need to catch up on watching this....

katanagatari- Like the theme of the show, but the long duration of each episode will kill me when I watch this some day.

completed

Wonder what's Durarara season 2 is going to be like after I finished watching first season two years ago.

Fate/zero Gosh, this is too confusing too dull to think if I want to watch the 2nd episode.

Rosario Vampire Hot girls with a shity main character.

ptw

You will love Code Geass
Jun 20, 2014 3:02 PM
Mar 2011
i been skipped

Jul 12, 2014 6:55 PM

Jan 2012
You skip people, you get skipped by people.

I wish this thread would revive itself to its golden age though.
Jul 12, 2014 9:18 PM

Mar 2013
Well, he gets what he deserves, after skipping me some time ago. And now I feel like I somehow deserve a "what the hell, hero?" moment or (worst-case scenario) a skip.
Anyway, this is gonna be fahkin' short and lackluster, but I gotta try my best.
Watching:
Nana: I'm not interested in romance right now. Maybe some other time.

Completed:
Golden Time: I guess I can apply the same the same comment I made towards Nana to this one.
Pokemon: Ahh, good ol' childhood.

On-hold:
Attack on Titan: This is the SHIT! Well, okay, not as great, looking back at it now, but I do plan to rewatch it on Crunchyroll sooner or later. Second season when, Production IG? When the manga finishes?
Kill la Kill: Same here.

Plan to watch:
Gurren Lagann: I've been meaning to watch this one, as I love mecha in general and hear good things about the '70s throwbacks and the plot, but lack of motivation prevents me. I'll watch this one sometime later this season.
Jul 12, 2014 9:27 PM
Mar 2011
Impartialfate said:
You skip people, you get skipped by people.

I wish this thread would revive itself to its golden age though.

no one ever gave me a full look over even after a few tmies iv sepnt over 90 mins commenting on the above u=user

Jul 12, 2014 9:33 PM
Nobody

Jul 2013
tl;dr (im gonna leave it as you have a big list)
--------------
Justice for the 21
Jul 12, 2014 9:45 PM

Apr 2012
Kawaii_Snuffles said:
--------------
Justice for the 21

Then don't post you dumb waste of bandwidth.

Anyways,

@ZTyrant

No 10s, I can respect that.
MD Geist and Cipher, good to see some quality anime in the list.
You might as well add Death Note to your dropped list.
Add Legend of the Galactic Heroes to your PTW, and prioritize the Gundam OVAs, and Cowboy Bebop. You don't really wanna watch G Gundam though.
LittleCaesarsJul 12, 2014 10:58 PM
Jul 12, 2014 10:09 PM

Jul 2012
No, because the cunt didn't accept my friend request. : 3
Konbu is important
Jul 12, 2014 10:50 PM

Apr 2012
lol I don't know you. I don't accept random requests.

SamuelLJackson said:

@ZTyrant

Add Legend of the Galactic Heroes to your PTW, and prioritize the Gundam OVAs, and Cowboy Bebop. You don't really wanna watch G Gundam though.
LittleCaesarsJul 12, 2014 11:00 PM
Jul 12, 2014 10:53 PM
Mar 2011
SamuelLJackson said:
Kawaii_Snuffles said:
--------------
Justice for the 21

Then don't post you dumb waste of bandwidth.

Anyways,

@FGAU1912

reserved

semi ninjaed

Jul 12, 2014 11:00 PM

Dec 2013
#Editing

That's a bigass list. With weird ratings. Wizard Barristers has same rating as Clannad, Kill la Kill and NHK ni Youkoso! ? Sure..

Oh, and Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai as well?! Jeez..
LogSwapperJul 12, 2014 11:08 PM
Jul 12, 2014 11:01 PM

Apr 2012
FGAU1912 said:

semi ninjaed

About that. I decided to pass yours over since you didn't actually comment on a list.

SamuelLJackson said:

@ZTyrant

Jul 13, 2014 5:49 AM
Jul 2012
okay, i've been skipped a lot of times that I wasn't exist in this thread. holy shit............
Jul 15, 2014 2:36 AM

Dec 2012
I can't belive Kon is in your list of "favorite characters who are awesome"

Our thingy is somewhat high at 69.2% your list isn't that long so this should be quick.

Oooh a backgroundy thing you must really like bleach, also wow your list is difficult to skim through.

Watching
Includes stuff that you have lined up for next season = mega organized.

Ergo Proxy - Took me a while to get through which is weird since I normally marathon but it left an impression. I agree with your rating.

Gin no Saji - Aww nice the second season is here, I haven't been paying enough attention.

HxH - I have the same opinion on arc rankings but I don't agree with your score it's an 8 at best since the ant arc started it's been steadily dropping for me.

Completed
Had to switch to mal.oko at this point, can't sort by rating and each entry is stupidly big. Also you adhere to the rule of cool (tvtrope) a little to much, I mean Psycho Pass is not a good anime it just looks like a good anime.

Yuru Yuri - I have to see this, how can this be 9 worthy? Isn't it just a harem thingy with only girls?

Bleach - It's not consistently good enough, soul society is superb rest is meh...

On-Hold
Some good shows here .. stuff you clearly lacked motivation to finish when you decided to start them.

Fate/Zero - Meh I didn't buy into the hype but I guess it's worth watching when you feel like watching some shitty action.

Mawaru Penguindrum - Don't get me started but I think this is worth finishing (more so than F/Z) since it has some mindfucky elements and I dunno its sortof awesome even though it also incredibly horrible? I really just don't know.

Dropped
Omg some shit here should totally be picked up again! Also compared to all the god damn ovas and shit you've tolerated there's a lot of shit you haven't given enough of an opportunity to impress you. Some series build up for a while before dropping a bomb on you.

Bakemonogatari - I dropped this to. It stayed dropped for a year before I started it again and it is incredibly awesome (especially once you get into the next series).

Kaiji - Whut? He's not a crybaby, I'm not a fan of the animation or the narrative but this is legitimately good.

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha - That's because it's built on R&J I think...

Mirai Nikki - ARE YOU SHITTING ME!! you lasted through all the shit and dropped it just before they dropped the mega fucking mindfuck bomb. I remember seeing a list where someone dropped Code Geass before seeing the end and I was for some reason similarly angry then even though that anime is way better than this one.

Welcome to the NHK! - I recommend checking it out again later it is truly good but a little slow and uncomfortable too watch but its just such a good story.

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo - It's definitely not a bad anime but it is a harem whatever blahh.

Shingeki no Kyojin - I'm definitely not a fanboy. In fact I really don't like this series but I can't deny that it is goodish (I hate Armin and all the god damn monologues). But you like Psycho Pass so you don't get to not like this QED ^^

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - Whut? So hard to drop this on episode 2? Anyways got to say that I liked the first part more than the second part but most people have it vice versa so odds are that while you might not think the first 12 episodes are that special you will really like the second half.

Plan to Watch
I feel like I shouldn't recommend anything since you have so many dropped series to pick up again but here are a few things you should check out.

Chihayafuru - I guess you'd like it it's basically just a typical fight anime x slice of life.

KamiNomi - I was surprised by how much I liked this, word of advice give it a little time it really has a lot of character development and he has to face his conscience its not just and excuse to do ecchi.

Kino no Tabi - I love this Mushishi, Samurai Champloo & Cowboy Bebop for the same reason. They're all awesome ... also Sora no Wato.

The fuck is Psycho Pass gonna do with S2 and a movie!! Anyways you should watch all the ghibli movies they're all worth the time. I'm bored now and you watch 40days in 2 years so it'll take you a while to watch all this shit if you want more recommendations just check out my list.

Feel free to respond on my profile to keep the thread clean and good luck!
PawnDaJul 15, 2014 5:58 PM
Sep 26, 2014 3:00 PM
May 2009
@PawnDa

Well, while we have a decent amount in common, our thoughts on things are very different , rating wise.

Currently Watching:
Berserk- I have the manga but still need to read it. if I like the manga, then I will get the anime
Mushishi Zoku Shou- I have seen a few episodes of the original series. Not bad. Interesting and unique.
Slayers-I fun series and one of the first anime series I ever watched.

Completed:
.hack//Sign: So sad you didn't like this. I am not finished with it but it has an interesting premise, in my opinion, so far.
Clannad: not bad. It has been awhile so I don't remember too much since I started it and I never did get the chance to finish it yet. Want to get back to it soon and will likely start over to refresh myself.
Deathnote: I have seen about 2/3 of the first season and so far really like it.
Dragon Ball-A must see for any anime fan. And much better than the later series that follow. Glad you liked it.
Full Metal Panic!- I enjoyed it. Sorry it wasn't so great for you.
FMA: brotherhood: I am working on this one. Seen the original FMA. This one is quite different byut interested to see where it goes
Hikaru no Go- like what I have read of the manga but never seen the anime yet
Hunter x hunter- Really liking the manga. Want to watch this soon!
Juuni Kokuki- Ouch! I really enjoyed this one. It is one of the very few animes my husband was willing to watch as well.
Naruto – you thought so little of it yet watched all those episodes….wow…. it is okay for me so far. Not great but not bad
Perfect Blue- Good movie!
Scrapped Princess-want to see this
The Law of Ueki –An alright anime. Not great but I liked it a little more than you it seems

On-hold-
Bleach- such a LONG series. I want to continue but I go in waves of interest. I know I have seen more than i have marked but I don;t remember which.
Love Hina- Really liked the manga but not in a rush to finish watching myself
One Piece-Again, LONG. And while interesting story the anime is annoying at times
Ranma ½- Loved the early seasons a lot but does become a bit repetious. Still entertaining though

Dropped:
DBZ: was it really only 291 episodes: seemed longer… trying to watch it in order to at least say I have seen it but there is so much filler in each episode….
Fairy Tail- Awww...I still really want to see this
Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic- Reading the manga. It's alright. Sometimes interesting, others funny, others dull...Mixed feelings so far about it

Plan to watch:
Afro Samurai- I watched the first episode. Do not know if I will ever continue....
Beck- Read some of the manga. Decent enough
Black Cat- I enjoyed this one.
Blue Gender- Saw an episode...no opinion thus far
Cardcaptor Sakura- Read the manga series. Its alright. Very cutesy
Deadman Wonderland- Reading the manga. Interesting yet strange.
Golden Boy- Pervy and hilarious!
Karas –it is so-so
Lovely★Complex—the manga was enjoyable. Haven’t seen the anime though
Maison Ikkoku- want to get my hands on this as well
Monster- so far really good. Lots of intrigue
Nana –loved it but its ends at a cliffhanger in both anime and manga with no real end (well the anime at least rounds things off but still)
Princess Tutu- I started this with my niece since she wanted to see it. Not bad but far from great
Special A- that is a lot of very(s) you have there…. Lol
Tsubasa Chronicle- very good.
xxxHOLiC- need to finish but interesting.

I could comment on more but I think that is enough for one post :)
Nov 3, 2014 3:43 PM

Mar 2013
Long-dead (few-months dead, to be exact) user here. Since I saw a little more since my last visit, I'm gonna try and comment the best I can.
Watching:
Death Note: Man, it's been a while since I last saw it. Still, if I do watch it again, I'm gonna try and stomach the second half.
Sgt. Frog: Just completed the first season a few months ago, and I've been planning on watching the second season.
Completed:
Mobile Suit Gundam I: Might be good for refreshing my memory of the Federation's battles against Zeon. Still, I'd rather rewatch the original 0079.
The Slayers: I was thinking of watching it sometime.
Summer Wars: Loved it when it aired on Toonami. Now, I'm just gonna have to pop in the DVD and see if I like it as much.
On-hold:
Yu-Gi-Oh!: I used to love it back in the day.
Dropped:
No comment.
Plan to Watch:
Deadman Wonderland: I kinda lost interest in it. Maybe I'll put it off-hold some other time.
Outlaw Star: I was also thinking of watching it.
ZTyrantNov 3, 2014 3:47 PM
Nov 3, 2014 3:57 PM
May 2010
First of all, nice effort put into the tagging. That's a very detailed list of tags and genres there. Not bad.

Currently Watching
NGE and EoE: I'd probably adjust the ratings of Evangelion entires in my list in the future, especially NGE if I ever get to rewatch it. The last two episodes are kinda ridiculous. Can't remember clearly but, I remember the creator said something about how he meant to troll the audience with the ambiguity (like Lain)...

SnK: An 8 sounds just about right. Those who hyped up the anime would've gave it a 9 or a 10. I personally found the anime to be 'okay' at best. Had great potential to be an exploration of the ugliness of war, but turned out to be another shounen action.

On-Hold
Deadman Wonderland: One of the fun anime I plan on watching very soon. Heard the story's great as well.

Death Note: Didn't like it as much as the majority. I prefer the live action movies.

Gurren Lagann: Potentially one of the must-watch anime out there for any anime fan. Highly recommend that you pick it up again soon.

Plan to Watch
Azumanga Daioh: Really fun comedy that kept me laughing till no end. You'll probably like this a lot if you're into slapstick.

Cowboy Bebop: Unlike Gurren Lagann, I could say without a doubt that this is definitely a must-watch anime for any anime fan. Not an anime for everyone, but definitely an anime that will give each viewer an unique experience.

K-On: Slice of life nostalgia. If you can see past the moe, there's quite a heartwarming story under it.

Madoka Magica: Since you did like Evangelion, I'm pretty sure you're going to like this too. Urobuchi at his best.

Nana: "An anime I'll never get around to watching." That's a shame, because it looks like a tearjerking slice-of-life. Then again, I said the same thing about Cowboy Bebop, "Never get around to watching it."
OminousWrexNov 3, 2014 4:18 PM
Nov 3, 2014 4:22 PM
Mar 2011
edting

Nov 4, 2014 11:48 AM
May 2010
Erm, you done editing yet? :/ It's been a day...
Nov 4, 2014 11:57 AM

Sep 2014
@JacobKyon

I like that we have watched some titles in common. Although you're more into mainstream top titles and you really like long running series(es?).

On your plan to watch, download Sakamichi no Apollon NOW.

Overall,you have a solid list.
Nov 4, 2014 12:06 PM

Jul 2010
You rate very high so I dont know if you are easy to please or just excel at picking up anime you enjoy.
You are watching quite a lot of anime at once, some of them are very solid series, for example Ergo Proxy, Hachimitsu to Clover or Samurai Champloo.
Most of your anime are newer with few exception of some old classics.
You must really like ghibli movies and I respect that. Many new anime fans does not appreciate these old good movies.
Looking at your PTW, I really recommend you Eureka Seven.

Overall nice looking list for someone who is probably rather new to anime.
Nov 4, 2014 9:48 PM

Sep 2014
Haseo666 said:
You rate very high so I dont know if you are easy to please or just excel at picking up anime you enjoy.
You are watching quite a lot of anime at once, some of them are very solid series, for example Ergo Proxy, Hachimitsu to Clover or Samurai Champloo.
Most of your anime are newer with few exception of some old classics.
You must really like ghibli movies and I respect that. Many new anime fans does not appreciate these old good movies.
Looking at your PTW, I really recommend you Eureka Seven.

Overall nice looking list for someone who is probably rather new to anime.

thanks Haseo666, yes I am VERY new to anime, and I rate high because I don't just base on the story. I feel like spending 6 hours watching a series would at least merit it 7, although I think you are right that I neat-pick titles that I know I'll enjoy watching. I hope my list reaches thousands like yours someday. Again, thanks.

Next poster will have a hard time going through your list XD.
Nov 5, 2014 12:45 AM

Sep 2013
Since the above is only a reply...
@Haseo666

At a first glance we nearly share a lot of the same scores, but it's obvious we're using different rating scales.
The largest differences in opinion between us comes from the series that I think are overrated, which often turn up as an 8/9. I take the presumption then that you genuinely just enjoy these series, and are willing to look past cliches despite having probably seen the same shit over and over again 50x times. So, rather, it probably has to do with the presentation which puts something above the other.
As a trend, (only because I really like these particular shows, I've noticed) you've tended to SOMETIMES give heavy psychological/philosophical series a 7, which I know isn't the same as my own 7- In retrospect, I could simply think that you thought these shows were interesting albeit at times, boring or not engaging, but this is a pretty close minded opinion. Rather, I think that they're probably a 7 because they don't leave a nearly important enough impression upon you by the ending even if you may have enjoyed them, hence the score 7. Perhaps it could be that you really don't relate to these anime, I wouldn't really know.
I can say with a degree of certainty though that plot is a very essential element to you. If you feel like what you're seeing has absolutely no value (with the exception of moeshit), you will not enjoy it. This also somewhat correlates with the above paragraph.
I haven't watched the vast majority of shows that you've given a 1-6 rating to, so there isn't much I can say there (which in turn lowers the accuracy of this post, but so be it).
Nov 5, 2014 9:55 AM

Mar 2014
@Frostbyte
I think one of the bigger differences in our scoring is that you harshly penalize things for their mis-steps and though you do recognize that they have strengths, you don't give them enough credit. There are some shows with very good character development in your lower rankings.

I think you have too much of a focus on whether things are cliche or original. There are shows that may not be entirely original, but do what they do very well.
Though you do just use numbers differently than I do. I'm not sure how many things there are that you actually like that get average ratings.

Also, on a personal note, it really irks me that FLCL gets a 5.

But otherwise I like your list. Having high standards keeps good things at the top.
Jan 8, 2015 9:01 AM

Jan 2012
@Awesomecake

I suppose I'll try this paragraph way of commenting instead of my usual list style.

68.8% compatibility. Not bad. Lets see where we differ though.

You seem to favorite good things, rather than things you enjoyed a lot. But you probably also enjoyed them. Never seen any of them except most of Nana. Which has been pretty good.

Not a manga reader but you obviously love Rurouni.

Your favorite characters are from your favorite manga anime of course. So I can't really comment on them.

Right off the bat it bothers me that you rate Dance in the Vampire Bund higher than Ano Hana.... And that 1 for Noragami is very eye catching... You gave Clannad a 5 so unless you're rating on enjoyment, I can tell that you don't rate very accurately. You can say what you like but Clannad will never be an average anime.

Your scores seem to be very well placed. They coincide well with the normal rankings on MAL. Which I figured was how it would be. You rate some popular things a little lower then I think they should be. But I'm not sure what your numbers mean. Enjoyment? Quality? Both? So I'm trying not to judge too much. You have a very well put together list. You have some classics and some new generation. Although you might should watch some more classics. I think you're missing out. You don't seem to lean to any genre very much. I just noticed you gave Mars of Destruction a better score then Noragami? That's funny XD Well. I like your list. Some questionable score, but still well done. Not a lot of 10s. Varying scores and varying climates of anime. Try using the tags to comment on the anime a bit. It really helps with this stuff. And it can be kinda fun remembering the anime and all it's good and ALL its bad....

If I was going to recommend anything. I suppose you might like Zetsuen no Tempest or Hajime no Ippo.

Have a good time! Keep on watching!
Apr 10, 2015 2:11 AM
Jul 2018
@Impartialfate

Swecchi - I love you for this

COMPLETED

11 eyes - Completely agree with you. Liked it more than I should have.

Aki Sora - you, you enjoyed it? dude get like an exorcism or sth.

Amagami SS - oh the pain of seeing an 8 on that anime. such terribly terrible shit

Anohana - ''Good shit'' -lol

Arakawa - YESSSSS, finally someone who appreciates the awesomness Arakawa is

Baka to Test - again YESSSSS, we seem to have similar taste when it comes to comedies, minus all the ecchi/harem crap (tho noone's judging)

Byousoku - Every comment I've ever seen about this anime is by default ''deep shit''. Understand that however you like.

Danganronpa - Please play the VN. The VN is tenfold as awesome as the anime. And it's actually a game VN. Kind of like Ace Attorney if you ever heard of it.

Digimon! - Recently finished it. Not as good as I remember it. So ''childhood ^^'' seems about right

Durarara - 7? SEVEN? :((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Kara no Kyoukai - judge objectively. KnK is definitly not a 7-8 show. also shiki and kokutou are the cutest shit ever.

LoveCom - YES, IT IS THE BEST ROMCOM EVER

Madoka is only an 8? :(

Wow. So much Naruto lol. Like I've never seen that much Naruto in someone's list. Ever. If masashi kishimoto had a mal account I don't think he would've even watched that much Naruto.

Ookami Kodomo - it's an anime about respect and hard life choices. I don't know how old you are, but try watching it again in a few years and you just might see how deep the story and character decisions go

Again, SO MUCH POKEMON. *high fives

Why the hatred for school days?

SAO is a 7 like Durarrara? Woah. You boob lover.

ON HOLD

go watch Spirited Away. NOW!

PTW

Didn't watch Code Geass? It fits perfectly with your taste in anime, I think you'll love it.

Howl's moving castle -the perfectest perfect anime. or just ignore me. Ghibli fanpeople tend to be pushy

Utawarerumono is also a cool anime. I loved it mainly because of the setting

Conclusion

You seem to be hella biased in your ratings and have a mega preference for boobs and ecchi anime, but you don't fail to notice awesomely awesome comedies. Another thing that kinda bothered me were your ''no romance here, it sucks'' comments. As I said earlier, underrating an anime just because there's no boobs and blushing is a slap in the face to every anime community. And that's why some truly awesome showes don't even see the light of the front page.
Or I just might be full of shit so you can just ignore everything I wrote.
If you want to tell me your side of the storry leave me a comment!

Also, awesome list design. Truly enjoyed rating it.
Apr 10, 2015 3:29 AM

Dec 2013
decent comp 68.5% but there have to be some bigger score differences

WATCHING
You rate high so a 5 for FT 2014 seems good
other currently watching are not rated

COMPLETED
10s on Geass and Haruhi movie are definietely too much
9 of FMA:B seems reasonable
you're not a fan of Spice and Wolf I guess but you didn't dislike it
some entries are unrated

ON-HOLD
Monster is understandable with its pacing, just take your time

no dropped

PTW
Durarara is pretty bad, Zestuen no Tempest is alright
Don't know any other
Apr 10, 2015 9:33 AM

Jun 2007
HazukashiiSensei:

I like that you use the full range of the rating scale and add list comments. But it's rare to find someone on MAL that goes SO MUCH lower than me, average-wise. 4.9 vs. 6.5. A lot of your scores do seem overly harsh to the point it slightly undermines you as far as overall list validity goes. Millennium Actress 1/10, Nausicaa 1/10, Bahamut 1/10... I respect opinion but if you're suggesting they're the worst anime on this site, period, there's no objectivity there. Putting it blunty, your scores come across like you're trying a lil' too hard.

About your ratings/comments (+1), we'll at least agree about DN. No argument with your most exciting ever / weaker last third comment. We'll also agree that S&W is the best romance anime. And it's almost a given DN fans will like Kaiji, so arguments there, either. Agree that Champloo's last three eps were awesome. Bleach was indeed awesome during the SS arc. Kaiji's 2nd season casino arc deffo went on WAY too long. Madoka's pacing was deffo its undoing. Smirked at your Akame Kill 'RIP Everyone' comment.

About your ratings/comments (-1), I will never understand how people can regard CG R2 higher than CG S1. If not for the ending, it'd be utter shite since it only repeated and devalued what came before. Gankutsuou: in fact, that is how you build tension--you don't show your cards until the last moment. The anime went for thrills over the novels more wordy approach. They had to: novel WAAAY too long. I have no idea what your problem was with Piano no Mori. Yahari has a sequel airing right now, so not unfinished.
Mar 25, 2016 5:14 PM
May 2009
Wow..It has been a long time since anyone has posted here. But this has always been a lot of fun to see what others watch or think about various anime so figured I would give it another go.

@AironicallyHuman

WatchingL Ajin- looks interesting, Just added to my Plan to watch list. Thanks!

Completed:
Akira-I actually agree with some of your notes on this one.
Angel Heart- Your thoughts on this one have me curious enough to check it out. Added to my Plan-to-watch.
Ao no Exorcist-Read the first volume of the manga. Watch to finish reading and to see anime.
Beck-I want to see this. Liking the manga so far.
Black cat- I like this but the last several episodes dropped my opinion a bit
Cowboy Bebop-I still hav yet to watch this. Sad, I know on my part.
Deadman wonderland-Attempting to watch this one somewhat recently...
Fruits Basket- Love this series. Glad you enjoyed it too.
Gantz- I actually watched this after seeing the live-action movies. Still need to read the manga.

I can keep going but you have such a long list here! I enjoyed all the tag notes so I got a better idea for what you rate what you do.

On-Hold
HunterxHunter- LOVE the manga series. But I have barel started the anime. I hope you et the chance to pick this up again soon.
Kaleido Star-One I really enjoy. I look at her as having more a natural talent.
Last Exile-I need to finish this myself.

Dropped:
Bleach-I am enjoying is so far but it is a LONG series!
Love Hina-Really enjoyed the manga. Sorry you didn't like the anime adaptation.
Negima-Yeah,this goes downhill...
Terra Formars. After teh Manga, I can only imagine how bad the anime is. Bad it is.

You have a few others here that I have enjoyed the manga so bit saddened to see the anime on the drop list. But oh well.

Plan-to-watch
Ayashi no Ceres-I loved the manga. Anime is pretty good.
Hana Yori Dango-Great story but anime is not the best. Still, I loved it. Love the Live action better though! (Korean version)

I could keep going but you have so many listed. Wow. You are a lot pickier/harsher in your ratings but I guess if I had seen as much anime, I would be too. Although I tend to be generous. Some anime like Paprika, and Mask of Mosquiton our ratings were the same, but for the most part most of mine are higher by 1-3 points.
Mar 26, 2016 9:14 AM

Jun 2011
You seem to like magical girl and fantasy type anime. Our compatibility is --0.6 and your mean score is pretty high.

Wow, you sure are watching a lot of anime. But that's okay, it's hard to keep track of them.

Watching list

You're rating pretty high for series that you haven't completed yet. Prepare for some of the problems that may befall the later parts.

Completed

Again, you're rating pretty high but I liked the Cardcaptor Sakura movies, the series I'm watching seems mediocre but I hope it gets better at some point.

I'm glad to see that you liked chobits as opposed to some people for some reasons but the last episodes are when some of the characters weren't annoying anymore.

On-hold

Those anime that you put on-hold, I can see why someone would pause on anime because they're not very interesting.

Dropped

I don't know any of those anime you picked.

Plan-to-watch

You picked some pretty mediocre anime. Like for example, Air, doesn't stay interesting for very long, it facts, it gets melodramatic. Fairy Tail has a very whiny protagonist and I don't know if you can stand that one.

Gakuen Alice... maybe... it may be a little too childish. And Full Moon: Cute Cute Adventure is too childish!

Judging by your list, you seem to like magical girl/fantasy type anime.
Numbuh 3, you've got to get off the couch, you cannot sit in that tree house, girl you like Rainbow Monkeys so grab your little shit and then swing!

Hand tracks be tracking me to different doorways. In a maze, and I don't know what to do. Guaranteed though, Ima find the emeralds.
Mar 26, 2016 10:09 AM

Apr 2015
Watching: Aria, Non Non Biyori, And Usagi Drop, seems to like SoLs. Aria is great btw.
Completed: Doesn't moved with Grave of the fireflies, Dislike End of Eva, rare to see it but it's nice to know you. Seems to dislike dementia, Perfect Blue a 3. Seems to like a heartwarming or action anime with easy to follow plot.
On Hold: FMA:B?
Dropped: What I guessed is right, SEL, NGE, and FLCL rated lowly. DIsliked Gunslinger girl, K-ON, and Akage no Anne? So mean to dem cute girls :(
PTW: Don't watch DEEN F/SN and NGNL, it sucks
Jul 18, 2016 8:20 AM

Jun 2007
^ I couldn't look through your list proper due to the background, paired with the text colour/spacing, hurting my eyes just to look at.

Your ratings show you are critical, clearly valuing objectivity more than enjoyment more often than not. You aren't afraid to throw around some fairly harsh scores for popular things.

I like that you rated S1 of Yahari higher than S2. Rarely see that.

Can't disagree with too many of your low scores, such as 1/10 for Big Order and 4/10 for Akame Kill. 4/10 for JoJo is a bit bizarre, though. Guess you didn't like the shounen parody humour and OTTness.
AironicallyHumanJul 18, 2016 8:30 AM
Oct 14, 2016 9:51 AM

Jul 2009
Completed: Gankutsuou being a 10 is nice. Such a well-written show that bears many similarities with Monster. Gonzo might be a mediocre studio but I salute them for releasing something like that. On the other hand, I cant justify Death Note being a 10 due to its inferior second half. Sad you disliked Penguindrum though lol.

On-Hold: Pick up HxH 2011 again. Shinsekai Yori will get better by around episode 17, though it's still up to your taste honestly. Didnt like Shigatsu at all.

Dropped: All the drops I know are in the same level as mice feces so no biggie.

Plan to Watch: Highly recommend Aria, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun and Nana
Oct 27, 2016 10:42 AM

Jun 2011
Currently watching: Seeming to enjoy sweet anime about young girls so far.

Completed: Really likes ARia the Animation. Seems to like a lot of different anime, just not fond of what he thinks of as generic and also not a fan of childish anime.

Dropped: Doesn't seem to like really melodramatic anime. For instance, Clannad After Story and Kokoro Connect.

Plan to watch: These should be to the user's liking. Tokyo Magnitiude is not bad, you should try that.
Numbuh 3, you've got to get off the couch, you cannot sit in that tree house, girl you like Rainbow Monkeys so grab your little shit and then swing!

Hand tracks be tracking me to different doorways. In a maze, and I don't know what to do. Guaranteed though, Ima find the emeralds.
Jan 28, 2017 3:33 PM

Sep 2009
Watching:
Oh, rewatching CB? Didn't find it that entertaining at first but I think I gave it a good score in the end. Maybe I should rewatch it as well.

Completed:
Hmmmn, only one 10 but then again, not so many completed titles in general. Awww, Azumanga got a 6? Too bad, I quite liked the humor in it. :c Quite a few shows I never heard of/watched. The "Anthony" tag on Candy Candy made me laugh, though!

On-Hold/Dropped:
Black Lagoon and InuYasha are on hold? Too bad, hope you continue with both.
Air and Alien 9 are dropped? Okay, Air was rather boring and Alien 9 is a weird show, I'll give you that.

Plan to watch:
Many familiar titles! I don't know what your preferred genre is, but I hope you'll like Ghost in the Shell!

@pinkarray
Feb 15, 2017 10:19 AM

Jul 2016
>Scored Kodomo no Jikan a 7.
Rin is a little bitch.

And we've both seen Boku no Pico.

You've seen more anime than I will in my lifetime.
Pages (151) « First ... « 148 149 [150] 151 »

More topics from this board

» Post an insane lie about the person above you V.3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Suzune-chan - May 21, 2013

9416 by OniMage »»
1 minute ago

» Rate the song above you v.7 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Aug 12, 2022

3360 by Spunkert »»
13 minutes ago

» First Thing That Comes To Mind v21 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Mar 27

7448 by Dostojevskij »»
18 minutes ago

» Crack the Code - Acronym Game v3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Jun 15, 2020

2962 by OniMage »»
20 minutes ago

» Say something to the user above you using your voice ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Habibi97 - Aug 28, 2015

7525 by KingOfPneumos »»
21 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.