Forum Settings
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 26, 2014 8:38 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Well, that was pretty intense. It looks like in the end, Ayase wins the Tokyo New Year tournament while Murao won the Oumi-Jinguu tournament.
Aug 26, 2014 8:41 AM
Jul 2012
That was a really fun match to read. It also seems the master is expecting something from Taichi.
Aug 26, 2014 8:45 AM

Apr 2010
Taichi can't ever get nice things.
Aug 26, 2014 11:04 PM

Dec 2012
Looks like Taichi lost to Arata again. I just wonder though, if Taichi met Arata in the quarter-final and lost, how can he get 4th place?

Also, this tournament seems unnecessarily rushed, ending in two chapters. I was looking forward to the battle between Arata and Taichi but all we got was the final result.
ClawViperAug 26, 2014 11:08 PM
Aug 26, 2014 11:58 PM

Jul 2010
Solkiskey said:
Taichi can't ever get nice things.

Remember being Taichi is suffering.
Aug 27, 2014 2:51 AM

Oct 2013
Though Taichi can't win against Arata, I just hope that he will be the one to end up with Chihaya. If he can't be successful in Karuta, then let him win Chihaya's feelings. He deserves happiness. o(╥﹏╥)o
renai-marieAug 27, 2014 2:55 AM
Aug 28, 2014 7:49 PM

Feb 2011
Oh yes, I'm so glad Arata didn't lose his focus on his game against Taichi, where Taichi attentional sends the "chiha" card towards Arata to try to distract him and he still won his match: OH YES, CONGRATS ARATA: even though he was second place overall the tournament: overall AWESOME JOB ARATA!!!!! :)
Aug 31, 2014 5:21 PM

Aug 2012
Nice to see Murao get the win. Taichi losing this one was obvious, as was Chihaya beating Sudou.

Poor Hyoro though seriously..

Also, Suou takes an interest in Taichi, this could end up being the greatest thing ever with him maybe teaching him some.
AlexTheRiotAug 31, 2014 5:40 PM
Sep 1, 2014 11:07 AM

Dec 2011
Seems like they are all getting serious now for their last year in high school...Can't wait for more exciting game to come and the fight between Taichi & Arata for Chihaya heart.
Sep 1, 2014 2:01 PM
Jan 2014
ClawViper7 said:
Looks like Taichi lost to Arata again. I just wonder though, if Taichi met Arata in the quarter-final and lost, how can he get 4th place?

Also, this tournament seems unnecessarily rushed, ending in two chapters. I was looking forward to the battle between Arata and Taichi but all we got was the final result.

Murao = 1st place
Arata = 2nd place
Unknown = 3rd place (this person lost to Muraro but beat Taichi)
Taichi = 4th place

That means that Taichi lost to Arata in the semi's, not the quarterfinals.

As for the match being rushed I'm sure we will get a flashback of the ending later on.
Sep 29, 2014 4:01 PM

Oct 2012
This chapter was awesome. "Did you tell something to Chihaya in the fall?" I waited so much time for their battle (even tho it wasn't really the ~final~ one) and I wated so long for this question. And then Arata answers and Taichi just says "I see". He doesn't think about. He doesn't say anything. He just gives the 17th card, and then we have that flashback where Chihaya says that she gives the cards she likes the most so she can, no matter what, take them back.
Damn, I cried in this chapter. I love Taichi so much, and he suffers so much. But it's okay. Suetsugu will do something about it. Arata can't have both.
Btw, poor Hyoro-kun. And best gf <3 Awn. She's lovely - somehow. I loved this chapter.
Oct 21, 2015 3:41 PM

Mar 2014
I loved their match. It was a beautiful sequence of events. I'm glad Taichi didn't get overwhelmed. I'm glad they're really just... friends. I love it.
But Taichi, man... I root for you all the way man
Sep 3, 2016 11:44 PM

Aug 2014
Burgerboner69 said:
ClawViper7 said:

Murao = 1st place
Arata = 2nd place
Unknown = 3rd place (this person lost to Muraro but beat Taichi)
Taichi = 4th place

That means that Taichi lost to Arata in the semi's, not the quarterfinals.

As for the match being rushed I'm sure we will get a flashback of the ending later on.

No, Taichi lost in quarterfinals. All those who lost in Q-finals share 4th rank, and those who lost in semis share the 3rd.
Only team tournaments have matches for 3rd rank.
Oct 26, 2016 8:45 AM

Apr 2016
Arata is clearly meant to be Meijin someday, that has always been his dream all his life. Same for Chihaya. Watching them follow their dream THAT passionately with that much crazy determination and talent to begin with, they're going to get there for sure.

But Taichi has always been unsure of what he wanted to do. I'm really wondering where he'll end up. I hope he finds himself soon!

Anyway I'm happy about the results of the tournaments (wow Arata really struggles with Murao)

And I feel like Taichi deserved to lose this one, I mean the reason Taichi was playing that game probably angered the karuta cards. And by this I mean, he said he was playing because he wants to give Arata a hard time, and he wants to create the most trouble for Arata. That means he was playing for revenge. And if I think about it, why is Taichi the one getting revenge on Arata? Wasn't Taichi the one bullying Arata before? If anything, Arata should be the one playing for revenge, but nah, Arata is too pure and simply loves karuta. That's why Arata won this time.

And yes, I know Taichi said he wanted to create trouble for Arata because Arata looked down on him, and Arata did already admit looking down on him.
but after bullying Arata, what can Taichi expect? Of course Arata would have looked down on him, because Taichi really was a coward back then anyway. Arata had the right to look down on him.

What Taichi needs to do is not seek revenge for something that was his fault in the first place, but find another course of motivation if he really wants to follow the karuta path. At first it was to win Chihaya, then it was his jealousy of Arata, I hope he'll finally find motivation that is positive and will make him genuinely happy! :)
KiraikotsuOct 26, 2016 8:56 AM
Sep 25, 2019 10:10 AM

Feb 2019
Taichi doesn't deserve to win against arata. He is just some jealous brat who is in love with chihaya. Arata spends way more time thinking about karuta and it is the only thing in his life but that's not the case for taichi.
Oct 29, 2023 9:23 PM
Jan 2014
I think some people didn't understand why Taichi gave the Chiha card to Arata. It wasn't to bully him or whatever, it was to reinforce to himself (and explain to the readers) why he's keeping distance from Chihaya. Because that's the way he decided to fight for her and to become stronger.

However he still does not seems to be the guy destined to be Meijin because he seems never to be really aiming this. Also the game wasn't easy, because Arata lost the final later so probably he was tired since he just stomped Murao in the tournament before.
ZooincleOct 29, 2023 9:31 PM

More topics from this board

» Problem with this manga.

Suiely_c-ute - Mar 22

3 by Suiely_c-ute »»
Mar 28, 7:51 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Chapter 247 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

MaahHeim - Jul 31, 2022

197 by chiakimagoto »»
Mar 18, 1:31 AM

» Chihayafuru Sequel - Chihayafuru plus - kimi ga tame announced

ItzElite - Oct 31, 2023

19 by CelticMindset »»
Jan 2, 3:34 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru Chapter 205 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2018

79 by Zooincle »»
Oct 31, 2023 9:39 AM

» How does the manga compare to the anime? (NO SPOILERS)

TsutanaiFuun - Jul 21, 2023

2 by Nirinbo »»
Jul 21, 2023 10:09 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.