Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 25, 2009 10:24 PM

Feb 2009
What the hell is wrong with the production, gaaahhhh. They totally waisted good fighting scenes and again the crappy CGI shows up when the train is falling off the bridge. The story development is not that good either. To me this episode was not that great. It had lots of potential but it failed in production level. I'm not sure if I wanna watch this anymore.

Oct 26, 2009 8:36 AM

Oct 2009
Good episode! The Shiron and Colio past-future love story was great <3 too bad it ended
Now i wonder what will happen next in the story!
Oct 26, 2009 9:57 AM

Mar 2008
The Colio&Shiron story was downright stupid. I didn't like it that much (probably because of the characters but oh well, more is to come or so I hope).

The Cigal/Meseta fight was pretty cool. I love her recklessness, especially when she delivers the final blow. Anyway, the last part was very interesting. It seems like the beginning of a new "arc" and though I'm still completely lost about what is going on, I'm also excited. I want to see more of Volken. Hehe.
Oct 26, 2009 12:14 PM

Jun 2009
so...Colio died...well im done then.
Oct 26, 2009 1:17 PM

Apr 2009
Why are people dropping this before the next arc even starts, just because the character with character development got killed off? The rest of the arcs will give development to other characters.
Oct 26, 2009 1:32 PM

Jul 2009
Haylias said:
Why are people dropping this before the next arc even starts, just because the character with character development got killed off? The rest of the arcs will give development to other characters.

Why not ask Volken instead?

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Oct 26, 2009 7:30 PM

May 2008
They already killed off Segal, who was one of the two worthwhile characters in this show. Who cares about Colio? Plain and boring. I had thought I was going to try and stick with this series, but this ep really convinced me otherwise. The whole Shiron plot in general was really annoying to begin with.

Another dropped show for the Fall. Sigh.
Oct 26, 2009 8:18 PM

Apr 2009
Wait, so Colio actually died? Damn. Talk about anyone can die...

Anyway, I really like this episode. And Meseta is simply badass beyond words.

Now to see if they can handle such an unusual story...
Confucius say man who stand on toilet is high on pot.
Oct 27, 2009 7:42 AM
Jun 2008
Based on the animelist information ,Colio is just a supporting character.I think his show end in this episode.(i thought he was a main character or something ..sob sob)
Oct 27, 2009 8:21 AM

Jul 2008

Because they failed to notice that this show is called "Armed Librarians: Book of Bantorra" and not "Bombyfing Meats: Book of a Witch"
Oct 27, 2009 2:01 PM

Jul 2009
Nayrael said:

Because they failed to notice that this show is called "Armed Librarians: Book of Bantorra" and not "Bombyfing Meats: Book of a Witch"

Even the creators are using the title wrong, it should be "Armed Librarians: Boobs of Bantorra". If you are keen enough to look at Hamyuts, you should know what I mean...

And unlike my senpai(s), I will give it another go to see besides Hamyuts' boobs, does this show have anything else to offer at all?

Oct 29, 2009 5:38 AM

Jul 2009
Imma let this show finish but R.O.D is the best anime show about books of all time OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!
unellmayOct 29, 2009 5:41 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Oct 29, 2009 5:37 PM

Jul 2009
unellmay said:
Imma let this show finish but R.O.D is the best anime show about books of all time OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!

R.O.D? Ring Of Death? F**k YEAH!!! R.O.D is the best fail of all time OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oct 29, 2009 5:40 PM

Oct 2009
BitchMaster said:
unellmay said:

R.O.D? Ring Of Death? F**k YEAH!!! R.O.D is the best fail of all time OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

& a "Brap" to that!
Oct 30, 2009 4:26 AM

Jul 2009
BitchMaster said:
unellmay said:

What does xbox have to do with anything?
I meant read or die.....OF ALL TIME!!!!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Oct 31, 2009 12:01 AM

Sep 2009
Well the whole colio and the witch falling in love with eachother from the past and present is really pretty....its like a cute lovey dovey thing...
so voken strinking his puberty moment at the end???....this really pisses me...in every episode u find him being pissed, or yelling , denial , " i want to save the earth"----whats wrong with that dude...
hamyuts meseta---find her kindof cool right now...they way she acts though she knows shes going to die anymoment...cool human must say....wasnt that spider-blade thing also in the witches possesion????...
yes plot still a little hazy...
Nov 2, 2009 9:06 AM

Sep 2007
D= Colio dead?! I only watched this mostly for him too...DROP

ok....well...not yet...giving it one more chance cuz I'm curious what Volken's gonna do.

(Plus I secretly hope Colio is ok.....I mean...the meats were fine when there were holes dug in em and bombs were placed inside him....I know it's probably hopeless, but I can still dream >.> ) I'm a little surprised they made him survive that long even...
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Nov 2, 2009 11:47 AM

Oct 2009
Nadistu said:
D= Colio dead?! I only watched this mostly for him too...DROP

ok....well...not yet...giving it one more chance cuz I'm curious what Volken's gonna do.

(Plus I secretly hope Colio is ok.....I mean...the meats were fine when there were holes dug in em and bombs were placed inside him....I know it's probably hopeless, but I can still dream >.> ) I'm a little surprised they made him survive that long even...

Yeah i really hope Colio is really alive but i have a feeling he aint :-(
Nov 2, 2009 9:04 PM

Aug 2009
This is the episode that has changed it all for me. I absolutely HATED this show for the first two episodes. The last episode was very good. And this episode made it even better. I hope Colio isn't dead (like everyone else). Looking forward to watching the next episode!
Nov 2, 2009 9:15 PM

Aug 2009
I really enjoyed the whole Shiron and Colio love story bettewen two people in a different time, it worked well. Most Romance these days are a bore fest, but here while short and not deep in alot of ways.At least its intereting and memorably. While I'm no fan of tradic endings. It works here! As to how they watch the sun together, I guess in Death they are able to be together.

Unlike the failed attempt in the second last phantom episode, Deaths were fitting and made the the story tragic and great without screwing around the characters.
reptiliaNov 2, 2009 9:19 PM
Nov 4, 2009 11:44 PM

Jul 2008
Apart from the fighting scene, this episode did absolutely nothing for me..
I've disliked the whole Colio x Shiron story since the beginning.
When they talked in that house for like 15 minutes of the whole episode, I nearly fell asleep.
mcc badge

Toph: "Even though I was born blind, I've never had any problems seeing."
Nov 5, 2009 11:15 AM

Sep 2008
sigh... on these days really hard to find someone to watch the show because the show have QUALITY on the story and animation eh ?

If their fave chara died then they stop lol

no wonder many people love shitty show like Seitokai no Ichizon.
Nov 7, 2009 1:37 PM

Oct 2008
Unbelievable..

Totally unexpected..

Nov 11, 2009 5:59 AM

May 2008
All these fanboi/girlish comments make me sick. Your sissy favourite character colio died? Oh NOEZ, end of anime 4 y0u! Go back to watching shoujo or something. This is all about Hamyuts, her boobs, paku romi's teasing you with her voice and just kicking ass fight scenes and a tripped out weird interesting story. The shiron/colio romance was a nice touch, but i'm glad they ended it there and as fast as they did, else it would of dragged on. Shiron was about as uninteresting a character as you could get. Same as Colio.
Nov 29, 2009 4:31 PM

Apr 2009
I'm late, but oh well. This was a fantastic episode, I thought it was just about perfect and I only have minor issues (Segal was blinded by the sun, but what's that got to do with his sword that's supposed to attack and defend on its own? Was it blinded too? o.O)

The way Shiron and Colio's arc came together with them both having fallen in love with each other and being each other's inspiration was great and touching. I have to echo other sentiments that without them this series loses much of what it had going for it - I almost gave up on the awful, awful first episode until signs of Colio's awakening.

But because of that I'll stick with the show for a few more episodes because I already almost made the mistake of dropping it too early so we'll see.
Dec 4, 2009 1:46 PM

Aug 2008
i loved that colio x shiron story (;
Hamyut's fight was just simply awesome!
Mar 27, 2010 2:34 AM

Jan 2007
This arc was very good, both Colio and Shiron got some great character development in just 4 episodes and i really cared about them, so of course this episode was quite sad and now i am curious if the next arcs will be just as good as this one.
Sep 29, 2010 7:42 AM

Dec 2009
Damn, is it the final of Shiron and Colio arc? If it is so I think I should drop this show. Just because now it's 10/10 and I can't see any way for it to be better.
Jul 23, 2012 7:25 PM

Aug 2008
I never expected this Colio guy to die so earlier in the story 0-0
I thought he was part of the main cast...
This series surprised me.

And people in MAL surprise me EVEN more. Why so many people are going to drop the anime so fast when the fighting just started looking awesome?
Aug 17, 2012 8:12 AM

Jan 2012
aside from wtfbbq plot between colio & shiron.... this show is pretty damn good

and lol @ people who read manga and VN before watching anime.. they're always butthurt about everything.
Mar 22, 2013 8:16 AM

May 2012
Damn that was pretty amazing! The backstory combined with the mainstory, great action and all under great visuals!

Found it rather sad they killed of Colio but yea it seems he was just the main lead in this chapter...

Lets see what's next!
Nov 27, 2013 10:08 PM

Jul 2008
Wow they threw a Doctor Who level timey-wimey plot device into this and then they killed Colio. Okay if they are willing to kill a main character like that this early, I'm definitely hooked. No one is safe in this show.
Feb 27, 2015 9:02 AM
Jun 2013
so wait did colio change history or something? since she was dead for ages and he just recently got the book. So how was Shiron before these before they talked to her. What was her past and thoughts. cool fight and all but this is really confusing. also so this is how books are retrived. Also did not see Colio being killed at all. I thought the Shiron story was going to be a big focus of the show guess I was wrong. Also did they ever cure that sick girl with the cat?
souledge94Feb 27, 2015 9:40 AM
Apr 7, 2016 2:14 PM

Feb 2015
good episode and interesting ending to this arc. am ready to see what happens next.
Dec 3, 2016 5:13 PM
Dec 2015
ok seriously im so depressed right now. this is the one epic episode than none of my god damn streaming sites have in full length. i can find it anywhere and i deffinitly dont want my pc to get a virus for it. i cant afford to buy it, i dont live i japan so ill never find it, and i have no clue where to look. i really hope i can atleast find a good explenation of it some where. such a waste.
Mar 9, 2017 1:10 PM

Apr 2014
What's going on, he's really gone? Already? I have no idea where is this going..
Jun 11, 2017 6:00 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I'm baffled at how childish some viewers are here. Oh the character I liked died? Dropped. Stupid. This show is getting better by the episode
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 14, 2021 9:49 PM

Jul 2009
Interesting take. I'm still a bit confused as to how Iiya and Karthelo was able to communicate to Shiron in the past and help shift her future.

Even more crazy how Shiron seems to have known Colio and even predicted this event decades later. How did she know Colio fell in love with her on sight?

I also don't know if Shiron really wanted to kill Hamy or it was just reacting to anyone using Shlamuffen.

Animation is really good!! As expected from David Productions :)

Getting a bit annoyed at Volken. These are the type of characters who will get others killed due to their recklessness.
Nov 30, 2021 9:50 PM
May 2021
A nice starting conclusion between eps 1-4.

I'm interested to see how this series progresses.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tatakau Shisho - The Book of Bantorra Episode 15 Discussion

Laevantein - Jan 8, 2010

35 by Illyricus »»
Yesterday, 2:28 PM

» Where can I stream this?

happyanime2942 - Jan 5, 2022

2 by Foreall908 »»
Jul 4, 2022 6:45 AM

Poll: » Tatakau Shisho - The Book of Bantorra Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 )

llamaben - Apr 2, 2010

86 by SomaHeir »»
Jun 8, 2021 1:45 AM

Poll: » Tatakau Shisho - The Book of Bantorra Episode 26 Discussion

kariohki - Mar 26, 2010

37 by SomaHeir »»
Jun 6, 2021 5:24 PM

Poll: » Tatakau Shisho - The Book of Bantorra Episode 25 Discussion

kariohki - Mar 19, 2010

25 by SomaHeir »»
Jun 2, 2021 8:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.