Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 7, 2014 2:25 AM
Jul 2018
M_F_M said:
Meokii said:
I'm depressed.

Reading this thread or actual depression?

Probably both but I'm a strong loli.
Sep 7, 2014 2:47 AM
Nobody

Jul 2013
"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things." - Philippians 4:8

I like looking at this verse because it helps me understand that as long as i look at the positives in life, i will never be depressed, hopefully it helped some of you depressed fellows too
Sep 7, 2014 6:14 AM

Jul 2014
I have no spare time for depression, especially with all this NTR doujinshi to read.
Sep 7, 2014 6:19 AM

Mar 2013
For all of you depressed people
Sep 7, 2014 10:38 AM

Jul 2012
I'm currently still dealing with depression.

Got so bad a few months back that the doc but me on anti-depressants.

I just try and look at all things in a positive light, and if anything negative happens then I simply brush it off or ignore it completely.

Kinda sad how my family doesn't understand it, they just think that it is a bad day but it is much deeper than that.

Stay strong for those of you who are still battling depression too.
Sep 7, 2014 10:42 AM

Aug 2014
Gouko_Tenrou said:

I just try and look at all things in a positive light, and if anything negative happens then I simply brush it off or ignore it completely.

Kinda sad how my family doesn't understand it, they just think that it is a bad day but it is much deeper than that.

I want to take meds but I'm too paranoid about meds...
Sep 7, 2014 10:43 AM

Jun 2014
Gouko_Tenrou said:

Yeah, I know that family and friends' part completely. It is pretty hard to explain to them and It definitely is something that is not taken seriously these days.

Team Blackbeard||Hot Seat Thread||-主人-様 <3||DIE
Sep 7, 2014 10:45 AM

Aug 2014
M_F_M said:
Gouko_Tenrou said:

Yeah, I know that family and friends' part completely. It is pretty hard to explain to them and It definitely is something that is not taken seriously these days.
My dad tells me to just deal with it and stop acting so sad and mopey....He doesnt understand it at all....Its not like I want to feel this way
Sep 7, 2014 10:47 AM

Jun 2014
Gotsupermilk said:
M_F_M said:

My dad tells me to just deal with it and stop acting so sad and mopey....He doesnt understand it at all....Its not like I want to feel this way

Noone takes you seriously, that itself is depressing. My mom did see the change and took me to the psychologist tho'

Sep 7, 2014 10:47 AM

Jun 2013
I don't even know what that would feel like. Guess I'm lucky.
If you generalize, you're wrong.
Sep 7, 2014 10:49 AM

Aug 2014
M_F_M said:
Gotsupermilk said:

Noone takes you seriously, that itself is depressing. My mom did see the change and took me to the psychologist tho'
Actually similarly, my mom is taking me too...I'm very nervous about it....I think I have a lot of anxieties about everything so that doesnt help how I feel either.
Sep 7, 2014 11:00 AM

Jun 2014
Gotsupermilk said:
M_F_M said:

Actually similarly, my mom is taking me too...I'm very nervous about it....I think I have a lot of anxieties about everything so that doesnt help how I feel either.

Good luck man. It helps a lot that you have someone in your family who can support you as well as understand y'know. I haven't had any meds yet but my mental state is a lot better than how I was , about 6 months ago.

Sep 7, 2014 11:34 AM

Jul 2012
Yeah, it is extremely irritating when they tell me "just get over it".
Sep 7, 2014 11:37 AM

Jun 2014
Gouko_Tenrou said:
Yeah, it is extremely irritating when they tell me "just get over it".

They refer it to as he's just moody. All teenagers go through that. Having someone you can talk your heart out is the best possible thing you can ask for.

Sep 7, 2014 11:46 AM

Jun 2010
Been depressed before, wouldn't recommend. Some people simply mistake depression with anti-social behaviour, though. You'll find that if you just go out more and find fun things to do with friends, your "depression" will be cured.
Feb 24, 2015 9:56 PM

Jul 2014
I get depressed a lot (ive been depressed this whole week right now actually) im pretty sure im severely depressed. To cope with it I sometimes cry which sort of makes me feel a bit better or try to do activities that I enjoy to keep my mind off things like video games but sometimes that just does not work.
Feb 24, 2015 10:13 PM

May 2013
People think I'm depressed but I think I'm relatively happy. I'm not 100% sure to be honest, but I would not say I'm depressed. Maybe here and there I get mildly depressed, but rarely.
Feb 25, 2015 8:33 AM

Jun 2014
CookieGawd said:
I get depressed a lot (ive been depressed this whole week right now actually) im pretty sure im severely depressed. To cope with it I sometimes cry which sort of makes me feel a bit better or try to do activities that I enjoy to keep my mind off things like video games but sometimes that just does not work.

I kind of feel you,man.I have found myself tearing up a lot when I am alone and whilst watching or listening to some movie or music which is not really emotional, but I end up crying a bit.. then I feel a lot better.

Feb 25, 2015 8:34 AM

Jul 2012
I suffer from Shinji Ikari syndrome. I cope with it with anime/manga/MAL.

Reasons why I get sad: loneliness, lack of friends, school stress, lack of social life.
Feb 25, 2015 8:36 AM

Jul 2014
nah i'm good :)
Feb 25, 2015 8:38 AM

Apr 2014
when im sad i stop being sad and be awesome instead
themanualreader@proton.me
Feb 25, 2015 8:40 AM

Nov 2014
Akelov said:
when im sad i stop being sad and be awesome instead
Haruhi ism
It's fun, isn't it?

Feb 25, 2015 8:43 AM
May 2009
nomanz said:
People think I'm depressed but I think I'm relatively happy. I'm not 100% sure to be honest, but I would not say I'm depressed. Maybe here and there I get mildly depressed, but rarely.

This. I know I can be happier but at the same time I am not depressed about it. Atleast not until I watch some romance anime, and than I am craving for a family of my own.
Feb 25, 2015 10:04 AM

Jan 2015
i always get so depressed when i finished an anime or manga. Like'bout 2 dayz ago. watched 13 episodes of Guilty Crown and felt like i was being tortured with my brain got phucked inside out....
currently on hold r8 now.
Feb 25, 2015 10:07 AM

Dec 2014
I have depression but as of the past year I've quiet a bit of control over it. I still have some of my moments at times but it's usually not a long time :).
Feb 25, 2015 10:41 AM

Jun 2014
Depression does not exist.

It is an Abstract Concept that gives you reasons to do anything.
If you keep on thinking that everything that everything is going wrong then you will have a tons of pretexts to slack yourself and let others telling you what you have to do and how you feel about someone or something.
Do you really think that if your brain is thinking about bad things every time you will be able to do anything ? I don't think so.
I don't know what is your job but whatever it is you have to concentrate yourself on what you are doing and not what are going to do.
If what you are feeling is "sadness" then tell yourself that it will last only for a short time. Not matter what happen by thinking about bad things every time the things can only get worse.
Start watching anime that will make you happy.
Start thinking about anything but what makes you sad.
And don't listen to those who are telling you to consult a psychiatrists or any of theses quacks.
They won't help you they will drug you, and if by chance you get through all of this your all of your body will be extremely damaged.

To put it in a nutshell:

1. Depression does not exist
  2. Stop trying to find any reasons for doing anything.
  3. Think about what you are doing and not what you are going to do.
  4. Stop thinking that the others will do the job for you.
  5. Fight bad things using good things.
Feb 25, 2015 10:46 AM

Dec 2014
I've had mild depression in the past, nothing that was worth going to see a psychologist over.

I do go through periods of wanting to shut myself in and just contemplate myself for periods of up to three to four weeks when I'm feeling existential. But then I come out of it as a better person, more sociable, and more energetic. It might be just because I'm introverted or something, I don't know.
Feb 25, 2015 11:40 AM

Feb 2015
I've been depressed only once in my life, and I don't even remember for what reason. It's already been like 15 years ago and only lasted for a few days.
Feb 26, 2015 1:39 AM

Aug 2013
Milennin said:
I've been depressed only once in my life, and I don't even remember for what reason. It's already been like 15 years ago and only lasted for a few days.

Are you sure you weren't just down, that doesn't exactly sound like depression to me.
Feb 28, 2015 1:07 PM
Apr 2014
I used to be really really depressed but it's been getting better these last couple of months
Feb 28, 2015 2:00 PM

Nov 2014
I think you're rushing our relationship
May 9, 2016 2:51 AM
Nov 2014
Currently suffering from depression in high school years
I really Don't want to See anyone let alone attend school,I feel bad about myself resulting to low self esteem
Oct 12, 2018 3:18 PM

Nov 2014
I've been depressed for 5-6 years by now and my girlfriend helped me to get over it but im still depressed sometimes and i have very lonely nights since i have insomnia but when im with her i feel better though time is short....so yeah even if im happy because i have such a beautiful girlfriend who helped me with my depression , depression became a part of me..
Oct 12, 2018 3:42 PM

Mar 2016
I was depressed sometime in the past, but now I have a different disorder.
WORK IN PROGRESS
~The frog leapt forth to my lilypad memory.~
I was indoctrinated by an inamorata rabbit,
Adenomata affronted.
It was the verecund, dismissed creatures
That I jubilated in most.
This rabbit I would nurture,
At the aiguille of esse,
The anneal of noblesse.
❤️ Birdie ❤️

Oct 12, 2018 3:47 PM

Jul 2013
HOLY NECRO WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK LMFAOOOOO
Oct 12, 2018 3:51 PM

Aug 2018
I have never dealt with depression before up until last year. There's a ton that happened over the years, so I'm unsure if I'm just now taking notice to it all or if it's just decided to hit me.

Me and the fam suspect that it could be personal health issues, such as hormone imbalances. Thyroid could be a possibility, but I'd have to go to a medical professional to rule these probabilities out.

All I know is, apathy isn't all too pretty. The feeling of having no feeling is a weird feeling.
╔════════════════ • • ════════════════╗
Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind
I want to get off, but I keep riding the ride
I never really noticed that I had to decide
To play someone's game, or live my own life
- Get Free, Lana Del Rey

╚════════════════ • • ════════════════╝
Oct 12, 2018 3:56 PM
Jul 2018
Yes I am depressed. How I deal with it, sometimes I just space out in it, other times it really gets to me and I wish I were dead. Anime continues to be a good source of escapism from my depressed thoughts. I've also went to see a psychiatrist concerning it, and just earlier today I was pretty serious about just ending it all. But something just keeps me going anyway. If anything I just try to distract myself from it as much as possible.
Oct 12, 2018 4:16 PM

Sep 2018
Yes, I've been fighting it for five years now. I cope by escaping reality through movies, video games, anime, comics, fantasy sports, and watching sports and game shows.
Oct 12, 2018 4:26 PM

Sep 2018
yeah, i know for a fact i have social anxiety and scored a little above average in things like panic disorder, and since i tend to stress so easily, i get depressed. two years ago i used to get down and i never really got better since then. i consider mine to come in waves, sometimes im feeling okay and the BOOM i kinda wanna kill myself, but i never will kill myself because i know what harm it would do to my family and friends. it’s really made my school and social life totally whack and it’s definitly a hinderance. high school sucks ass. i do know however, that im getting better, i used to self harm, and now i haven’t done it in over half of a year, i hope i won’t ever again either. but i know i’ll be able to fully recover someday, even if it doesn’t seem like it. everyone else who struggles with the same thing, i believe in you.
Oct 12, 2018 4:31 PM
Jul 2018
I was doomed to be alone from the start and Im a shitty person why wouldnt I be depressed? Its ok though, at least I can watch K-on to temporarily forget about that.
Oct 12, 2018 4:36 PM

Jan 2015
97% of mal= chronic crippling depression
2% of mal- unhappy not really depressed or happy
1% of mal- cool with life

Statistics taken from national geographic

ur opinion = shit
Oct 12, 2018 4:45 PM

Jun 2015
LMAO my therapist thinks I'm sinking back into my depression lmao and then he suggested I just didn't realize if yet after I denied it. So yeah he's right.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Did you ever cut ties with a family member or friend?

Sad - 1 hour ago

6 by LightWorker »»
10 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you believe in moral facts?

Freshell - 10 hours ago

18 by LoveYourEyes »»
14 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you believe in prophecies?

Absurdo_N - Yesterday

10 by Adverrito »»
17 minutes ago

» WHO THE FUCK IS FUNDING ALL THOSE HERO WARS ADS YOU SEE ON LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE WEBSITE

vasipi4946 - 8 hours ago

9 by DreamWindow »»
38 minutes ago

» Gender difference in US intermarriage

Auron_ - Yesterday

20 by Order-Sol »»
42 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.