Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Aug 25, 2014 4:24 AM

Dec 2013
I actually like this series believe it or not, doesn't five remind you of this woman

I don't even mind about the introduction of five either, clearly she has history with 9 and 12 since they were at the same facility together, my guess is the facility worked as a scoring agency for making kids geniuses, to possibly work for the likes of the FBI.

In terms of the chess game, I don't play it or understand it so can't on illegal moves ext, I will say using the layout similar to a chess board isn't stupid, but it's a tad bit difficult to.

Overall, I've enjoyed this series more than any other
Aug 25, 2014 8:50 AM

Jul 2008
This episode rocks, love every minute of it even though Lisa's part was a little rusty :D Five is a crazy person and it looks like she sees Lisa as her new plaything as well :S
Aug 25, 2014 8:51 AM

Apr 2011
Great episode.

I agree with the people saying that Five's appearance does look quite out of place in this anime which is otherwise grounded in reality with it's character designs - not by much though. It definitely isn't a detriment to the series in my eyes. Everything else about her is fine if you ask me.
Aug 25, 2014 11:52 AM

Jun 2010
Wow shibazaki might get into troubles now
...and lisa ... Watch yourself xD
..waiting for the next ep is gonna kill me!
Aug 25, 2014 1:25 PM

Sep 2013
Another episode where Lisa is useless.
The plot is getting pretty interesting though.
Aug 25, 2014 2:03 PM

Jan 2011
Holy shit, this was intense!
Most of the doubts I had vanished. Choo choo hype train!
jdbe said:
I actually like this series believe it or not, doesn't five remind you of this woman

I don't even mind about the introduction of five either, clearly she has history with 9 and 12 since they were at the same facility together, my guess is the facility worked as a scoring agency for making kids geniuses, to possibly work for the likes of the FBI.

In terms of the chess game, I don't play it or understand it so can't on illegal moves ext, I will say using the layout similar to a chess board isn't stupid, but it's a tad bit difficult to.

Overall, I've enjoyed this series more than any other

LOL, indeed!
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Aug 25, 2014 2:17 PM
Apr 2014
asume5 said:
Another episode where Lisa is useless.
The plot is getting pretty interesting though.

Lisa is not useless! She helped them and she obviously struggled with herself but nevertheless helped them. Really just what makes her useless? What should she else do? I mean alone for what she did, I do not know if anyone of us would have not acted worse in such a situation (like in the plane).
Aug 25, 2014 4:24 PM

Mar 2008
kesshi said:
This might sound crazy, but could it be that Shibazaki is actually Lisa's father?

No.
Shibazaki is 9's father.
Lisa is the daughter of that politician whose "suicide" was investigated by Shibazaki.
Shibazaki got separated from his family due-to the investigation => his son ended up in that Kids Center with 5 and 12.
Lisa's mom partly lost her mind because of the death of her husband.
9 and 12 stole Plutonium, because they wanted their facility and the death of that politician to be investigated by Shibazaki who has a thing for Nukes. And 9 knows about it.
9 and 12 don't want any casualties or deaths. They want the police to trace them back to their past.

There's tons of time in the next 4 episodes to roll out all of this with great thrilling action. Looking forward to it.
Aug 25, 2014 7:27 PM
Oct 2012
soulelle said:
kesshi said:
This might sound crazy, but could it be that Shibazaki is actually Lisa's father?

No.
Shibazaki is 9's father.
Lisa is the daughter of that politician whose "suicide" was investigated by Shibazaki.
Shibazaki got separated from his family due-to the investigation => his son ended up in that Kids Center with 5 and 12.
Lisa's mom partly lost her mind because of the death of her husband.
9 and 12 stole Plutonium, because they wanted their facility and the death of that politician to be investigated by Shibazaki who has a thing for Nukes. And 9 knows about it.
9 and 12 don't want any casualties or deaths. They want the police to trace them back to their past.

There's tons of time in the next 4 episodes to roll out all of this with great thrilling action. Looking forward to it.

I didn't think of that and now that I did, Holy Shit. Not only did he looks confused by the way he reacted when he got passed by Nine but this goes further at how Shibazaki tried to understand who he was when he went to Aomoji.

Something doesn't add up though. Wouldn't Nine knew he was his son? Or did the police deleted it to clean up and leave no traces? I'm patiently waiting for the next four episodes and may they kick the shit of these nitpickers to oblivion. Show an amazing series wen it's all said and done.
Aug 25, 2014 7:54 PM

Mar 2008
BRK25 said:
Something doesn't add up though. Wouldn't Nine knew he was his son? Or did the police deleted it to clean up and leave no traces?
I think Nine knows. I think the whole purpose of stealing Plutonium was to lure his father to the investigation.

All of this is but speculation of course. But the idea stroke me a couple of eps ago and this episode somehow confirmed it for me. You know, watching them meeting each other. And they actually look alike a lot.

BRK25 said:
I'm patiently waiting for the next four episodes and may they kick the shit of these nitpickers to oblivion. Show an amazing series wen it's all said and done.
Screw the nitpickers. Haters gonna hate. So just enjoy a very-well directed series ^_^
Aug 25, 2014 10:19 PM

Jun 2014
That was an intense episode.
Aug 25, 2014 10:57 PM

Mar 2014
I couldn't help but smile when they said Sphinx#3. Good Episode.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Aug 25, 2014 11:01 PM

May 2012
Wow, this is by far the best episode so far. I hope they keep it intense as this episode in the last 5 episodes, otherwise this anime is really overrated
Aug 26, 2014 12:20 AM
Oct 2012
soulelle said:
BRK25 said:
Something doesn't add up though. Wouldn't Nine knew he was his son? Or did the police deleted it to clean up and leave no traces?
I think Nine knows. I think the whole purpose of stealing Plutonium was to lure his father to the investigation.

All of this is but speculation of course. But the idea stroke me a couple of eps ago and this episode somehow confirmed it for me. You know, watching them meeting each other. And they actually look alike a lot.

BRK25 said:
I'm patiently waiting for the next four episodes and may they kick the shit of these nitpickers to oblivion. Show an amazing series wen it's all said and done.
Screw the nitpickers. Haters gonna hate. So just enjoy a very-well directed series ^_^

One thing that makes me say holy shit this makes sense is strictly what is related on how Twelve says you are putting a lot of faith in him. This amy be subtle foreshadowing. Just saying. He's not saying you are giving him a lot of credit of this detective/father. No, a lot of faith in him.

The way Nine reacts shows that he's trying to make him understand what's going on made me think that they are trying hard to have him figure out the point of the Rising Peace Academy. Still, doesn't he know what his son looks like? At least?

The plutonium is needed to be taken serious but still. That'd be excellent writing and going high and above to stop cliches. I'm sure the new four episodea re heading on a new arc.

The first four were police VS Sphinx

The 5-7 were a thorn in the side or a new challenger.

Now the last four or three will be a whole new arc and the last episode as closure.

Still that theory on Shibazaki and Nine though.

My Reaction

Aug 26, 2014 2:24 AM

Sep 2008
ichigojuri said:

You have to understand that Five grew up in Japan just like Nine and Twelve, so her having imperfect English makes sense and is realistic.

Huh when did they say she grew up in Japan? o.o
There's two kinds of people you can't win an argument against:
One - Too dumb to tell right from wrong.
Two - Too stubborn to admit they are wrong.
Aug 26, 2014 6:20 AM

Dec 2012
Marthgun said:
yah cuz you bring ur ID with you when u do terror

wow this is bad. how did that annoying bitch just walk out of their? first the power of frenship kept her from being shot. she should have died immediately.

second the police detective should have arrested her. hahahaha omg i could understand looking up the girls name and matching to a police database from her face. But so lazy to show the id. how did this evil cow even pull all these strings? lazy writing is my answer. deropped from a 5 to a 4 for me. probably get dropped completely if that bitch isn't dead next episode. i fuking hoped they weren't going to ride this bullshit evil cow woman til the end. unfortunately they will and she will ride out into the sunset. she should at least get raped at the end. but they wont give it to us. the power of frenship

This so much. Brutal rape of Five is the only thing that could save this show after what this bitch did to ruin it.
Aug 26, 2014 7:01 AM
Oct 2012
why-so-qwerty said:
Marthgun said:
yah cuz you bring ur ID with you when u do terror

wow this is bad. how did that annoying bitch just walk out of their? first the power of frenship kept her from being shot. she should have died immediately.

second the police detective should have arrested her. hahahaha omg i could understand looking up the girls name and matching to a police database from her face. But so lazy to show the id. how did this evil cow even pull all these strings? lazy writing is my answer. deropped from a 5 to a 4 for me. probably get dropped completely if that bitch isn't dead next episode. i fuking hoped they weren't going to ride this bullshit evil cow woman til the end. unfortunately they will and she will ride out into the sunset. she should at least get raped at the end. but they wont give it to us. the power of frenship

This so much. Brutal rape of Five is the only thing that could save this show after what this bitch did to ruin it.

You people hating on Five makes me laugh cause she changed the way the show's going. Don't even hate her really, just the change of pace she's placed on the show.

And she brought her ID when kidnapped by Clarence. Um, that's not lazy writing to me. Had she not been captured and still got her ID left behind, that's VERY lazy writing.

There's something I'm crossing my fingers for, this was a mini arc, the next three episodes are going to be an arc on its own. Then a final episodes I believe.

kuity said:
ichigojuri said:

You have to understand that Five grew up in Japan just like Nine and Twelve, so her having imperfect English makes sense and is realistic.

Huh when did they say she grew up in Japan? o.o

It's hinted that the trio were together in the institute and they have a Japanese look to them. Might be too much but judging by her Japanese accent, she knows how to speak it fluently. Her English is growing and not mastered.
Aug 26, 2014 8:24 AM

Mar 2013
A great thriller episode once again. It never really lets up, thankfully.
Aug 26, 2014 9:13 AM

Nov 2009
BRK25 said:
And she brought her ID when kidnapped by Clarence. Um, that's not lazy writing to me. Had she not been captured and still got her ID left behind, that's VERY lazy writing.

The question is, why the hell ID was on her to begin with? I mean, everyone more or less understood by now that Lisa aren't smart and ID probably was in her handbag, that also means Nine and Twelve didn't prepared her or forgot to check her belongings, which is impossible for geniuses like them. Now, you can say that it was critical situation and they didn't have time for any preparations, but, I don't think it'd cost them so much time to simply tell her to get rid of any compromising stuff.

Aug 26, 2014 9:48 AM

Jun 2013
One of the best anime episodes that I have watched till date. Intense. Intense episode. 5 is clever as always but seems 9 is equally matched with her. We are witnessing one of the beautiful ships ever... 12 x Lisa :3.

You guys remember that ost named 'nc17' right? Seems after the 7th episode, where 5 made a move by the name 'nc3', nc17 probably is related to chess.. There seems to be some meanings behind many of the osts.. for example, Von which is Hope in Icelandic. Still it remains in #106? A bit baffled. :/. Hope this anime breaks into the top 10. Hope that Zankyou no Terror supersedes and dethrones certain undeserving anime that are there in the top 10.
Aug 26, 2014 9:49 AM
Oct 2012
MajorZero said:
BRK25 said:

The question is, why the hell ID was on her to begin with? I mean, everyone more or less understood by now that Lisa aren't smart and ID probably was in her handbag, that also means Nine and Twelve didn't prepared her or forgot to check her belongings, which is impossible for geniuses like them. Now, you can say that it was critical situation and they didn't have time for any preparations, but, I don't think it'd cost them so much time to simply tell her to get rid of any compromising stuff.

Well let's see, you are just an accomplice and you are trying to look like an ordinary person. If one doesn't have an id when asked by police, that raises suspicions and a greater problem arrives. She did run away from home to add. Her ID was a form of safety.

But in this event, she was brought at a moment's notice, no forewarning. The two are geniuses, just that, geniuses. Lisa's average and a mistake was fine but costly.

Nine and Twelve went to stop the bomb and stop Five, that's their first goal. They aren't going to shepherd her to every little detail on short notice. They probably said act casually. Then again, not like she's going in and expected to be held at gunpoint range and in a bomb inside a plane.

Just saying.
Aug 26, 2014 9:54 AM
Oct 2012
bleachsai said:
One of the best anime episodes that I have watched till date. Intense. Intense episode. 5 is clever as always but seems 9 is equally matched with her. We are witnessing one of the beautiful ships ever... 12 x Lisa :3.

You guys remember that ost named 'nc17' right? Seems after the 7th episode, where 5 made a move by the name 'nc3', nc17 probably is related to chess.. There seems to be some meanings behind many of the osts.. for example, Von which is Hope in Icelandic. Still it remains in #106? A bit baffled. :/. Hope this anime breaks into the top 10. Hope that Zankyou no Terror supersedes and dethrones certain undeserving anime that are there in the top 10.

NC17 doesn't relate to chess or the move. unless you are meaning on a metaphysical sense. AKA, a new chess piece or clue to the game.

If you head to the episode four discussion, a fellow member broke down some word from the OST into english translations.

Von - hope
saga - saga/story
fugl - bird
Hanna - a female name
ís - ice
bless - goodbye

Ironically the last track bless is the last one on the OST.
Aug 26, 2014 10:31 AM

Dec 2009
BRK25 said:

It may be well directed but it really bothers me to see a little girl (with the help of the US police!) ready to kill a lot of people in an airport in order to... what? Play with Sphinx? They could have arrested them a long time ago.
I really don't understand Five and her friends are trying to do. It may be explained later but it just annoys me right now.
Aug 26, 2014 10:37 AM
Oct 2012
ginko29 said:
BRK25 said:

It may be well directed but it really bothers me to see a little girl (with the help of the US police!) ready to kill a lot of people in an airport in order to... what? Play with Sphinx? They could have arrested them a long time ago.
I really don't understand Five and her friends are trying to do. It may be explained later but it just annoys me right now.

Someone brought a point that it may be deliberate to get others annoyed right now at her actions and discuss the reasons why her powers are shown or give a giant mind twist in the middle to show why she does the things she does. The fact that there's no adaption or story created in adaption brings much pain for these weekly episodes.

If you like psychological thriller/mystery, I can suggest you a novel that's readable online and rated highly on MAL.

Ranked #2 in the manga category.
Aug 26, 2014 6:20 PM

Mar 2008
BRK25 said:
Still, doesn't he know what his son looks like? At least?
He might not. If they were completely separated, why would he? Its like he's got no more family, as if he never even had one. Sounds really harsh actually and somewhat unrealistic because of that.
The real question here, I believe, is what happened to Shibazaki's wife, i.e. his son's mother. One wouldn't have been sent to the Rising Piece Academy, had he at least one doting parent, right? So either something happened to her or Nine isn't Shibazaki's son.

BRK25 said:
Still that theory on Shibazaki and Nine though.

My Reaction

LOL nah, it's still but a mere speculation. And as much as I like it, things may easily develop differently. The more interesting it is tio wait for the next episode ^^

ginko29 said:
It apparently annoys many others xD So, get some patience and you'll learn the truth, sooner or later xD
In fact, it annoys me a bit too. But I see various reasons for this to happen. Some are good, some are not so good.
For example, the authorities, some factions, are themselves interested in terror as it creates political pressure. Fear, as you hopefully know, is a very powerful crowds manipulator.
Or may be the authorities don't want to have these guys arrested by police. The guys could've already leak all they want, of course, and not only to police, but may be there's still a reason for the authorities to have the guys dead rather than arrested. You know, avoiding publicity, court, blah blah blah.
I mean, come on, they might simply be testing 5. To see what results can be achieved with that Rising Piece Academy.
Or, may be, they're trying to set up the FBI and America altogether. Again factions, politics, pressure.
I'm sure you can think of more valid reasons.
soulelleAug 26, 2014 6:42 PM
Aug 26, 2014 11:33 PM
Jun 2014
BRK25 said:
MajorZero said:

Well let's see, you are just an accomplice and you are trying to look like an ordinary person. If one doesn't have an id when asked by police, that raises suspicions and a greater problem arrives. She did run away from home to add. Her ID was a form of safety.

But in this event, she was brought at a moment's notice, no forewarning. The two are geniuses, just that, geniuses. Lisa's average and a mistake was fine but costly.

Nine and Twelve went to stop the bomb and stop Five, that's their first goal. They aren't going to shepherd her to every little detail on short notice. They probably said act casually. Then again, not like she's going in and expected to be held at gunpoint range and in a bomb inside a plane.

Just saying.

Everything you suggested actually supports the idea that Lisa shouldn't have taken her ID. If she's caught by police, she doesn't want them to know who she is. They aren't going to expect her to have her ID because she's a child and it was after hours. School students don't have any need to carry a student ID outside of school except for a few things like buying concession tickets for public transport.

If Nine and Twelve are going to an airport, an area of high security, without making sure Lisa isn't bringing anything incriminating with her it just means they're terrible at their job, which is confusing considering they'd been successful earlier in the series.

These past two episodes have been incredibly silly. It's still entertaining for me, but I can see why people are annoyed with the flaws in the show. The show had a very serious tone during the first few episodes and was trying to make things seem reallistic. Five being cartoonishly evil and all the incredibly outlandish things she was allowed to do conflicts with the serious tone of the early episodes.
Aug 27, 2014 1:03 AM

Mar 2008
I couldnt make it through all 15 pages here but am i the only person who noticed when Five was talking her words matched mouth movements of some black guy speaking into a small mic on his shirt? He was telling her what to say. Shes not the one running things it seems. Unless that was some error.
Aug 27, 2014 9:13 AM
Apr 2014
traed said:
I couldnt make it through all 15 pages here but am i the only person who noticed when Five was talking her words matched mouth movements of some black guy speaking into a small mic on his shirt? He was telling her what to say. Shes not the one running things it seems. Unless that was some error.

What? which minute? interesting! And I read all pages, so yes you are if I have not overlooked something the first one mentioning it. very interesting!!!!
Aug 27, 2014 9:32 AM

Dec 2009
soulelle said:
So, get some patience and you'll learn the truth, sooner or later xD

That's what I'm doing but they better come up with very convincing reasons for all this because I'm not buying it right now. :-P
traed said:

Are you referring to 12:07? I think the black guy is just calling the cops who barge in a few seconds later.
Five is pretty pissed he did that... even though it looks like the right thing to do in this situation.
Aug 27, 2014 11:18 AM

Apr 2013
ugh, her english makes me cringe... seriously. Well, gotta give it for trying though.

Would be nice to actually find out what nine's and twelve's intentions are with the terror acts. Anyway awesome episode and Shibzaki the badass detective as always.
Aug 27, 2014 2:05 PM

May 2014
Engrish mothafaca do u speak it!

I REMEMBER TOUCH. PICTURES CAME WITH TOUCH. A PAINTER IN MY MIND.
Aug 27, 2014 11:31 PM
Jul 2018
My heart just squealed. ohmy. What a nice episode!
Aug 28, 2014 12:50 AM

Feb 2014
Aug 28, 2014 12:00 PM

Sep 2007
This is pure bullshit.

* Police finds out where the bomb is, but doesn't evacuate the airport?
* FBI are prepared to kill hundreds of people in a foreign country because of.. a game???
* ...and Japanese just allow them to proceed with it?
* Remote-controlled planes???
Aug 28, 2014 1:34 PM
Oct 2012
andreyv said:
This is pure bullshit.

* Police finds out where the bomb is, but doesn't evacuate the airport?
* FBI are prepared to kill hundreds of people in a foreign country because of.. a game???
* ...and Japanese just allow them to proceed with it?
* Remote-controlled planes???

You're thinking too much.

Even though they are police, if anything, the FBI has higher juridscition and would have them labeled as pranksters or do something to the point where they would receive worse punishment than losing their jobs.

To pin the blame on terrorists with a death toll would grant a higher access or power to take them down. No outside country would intervene if no deaths are made. It's a political topic. Think about it, or did it fly past you?

The Japanese government and infrastructure themselves agreed, not Japan. Once again political. Sacrificing lives for the greater good, that's what it is.

And one more thing, ever heard of autopilot? Or did the thought never occurred to you?
Aug 28, 2014 2:25 PM

Sep 2007
BRK25 said:
Even though they are police, if anything, the FBI has higher juridscition and would have them labeled as pranksters or do something to the point where they would receive worse punishment than losing their jobs.

The government has the highest jurisdiction. Why would they allow FBI to do this for some shallow gain?

BRK25 said:
To pin the blame on terrorists with a death toll would grant a higher access or power to take them down.

Higher power than they already seem to have?

BRK25 said:
No outside country would intervene if no deaths are made. It's a political topic. Think about it, or did it fly past you?

But the outside country already intervened and sent FBI.

BRK25 said:
The Japanese government and infrastructure themselves agreed, not Japan. Once again political. Sacrificing lives for the greater good, that's what it is.

I could suppose that this was in an attempt to catch Sphinx and prevent them from using the plutonium. But Sphinx had no way of knowing the bomb was real, so FBI could have placed a fake. What is the gain of using a real bomb? What greater good would the lives be sacrificed for? Only for some mystical "higher access"?

BRK25 said:
And one more thing, ever heard of autopilot? Or did the thought never occurred to you?

A plane autopilot is an on-board system that controls regular flight and landing, not steering on the ground. Also it does not work like an R/C car as this episode suggests.
Aug 29, 2014 1:04 AM
Oct 2012
andreyv said:
BRK25 said:

The government has the highest jurisdiction. Why would they allow FBI to do this for some shallow gain?

BRK25 said:
To pin the blame on terrorists with a death toll would grant a higher access or power to take them down.

Higher power than they already seem to have?

BRK25 said:
No outside country would intervene if no deaths are made. It's a political topic. Think about it, or did it fly past you?

But the outside country already intervened and sent FBI.

BRK25 said:

I could suppose that this was in an attempt to catch Sphinx and prevent them from using the plutonium. But Sphinx had no way of knowing the bomb was real, so FBI could have placed a fake. What is the gain of using a real bomb? What greater good would the lives be sacrificed for? Only for some mystical "higher access"?

BRK25 said:

A plane autopilot is an on-board system that controls regular flight and landing, not steering on the ground. Also it does not work like an R/C car as this episode suggests.

I'll answer numbers one through three.

I do believe the FBI notified the Japanese department after the leak and that's why they got the okay. Strictly after revealing that Five has connections to the two strong and powered forces called Sphinx, she wished to pinned them behind a corner and mess with them, showcasing she's fit on controlling the games.

However, just because the FBI intervened doesn't mean anything. They are working with the Japanese government but once a death has passed, they may garner attention and capture the forces of the countries nearby and the world in assistance, not basing on mere explosions. The collateral damage to the buildings are nothing when no one dies. But once it does, people become worried, a human reflex.

Like the Iraq War or a dangerous battle spanning multiple life getting taken away, actions are in need to curb the results. If they pin everything on the terrorists, they'd definitely be able to spin and get them in a bad position, shortly bringing them to a police arrest. Or death in the worst case scenario since a trial and judgement be too costly and worthless with the way they run things.

Like I said, using a real bomb was to blacklist their name and garner attention to outside sources, stopping them from daring using a bomb and giving Five the time to make another, playing their card and once she finally catches them in the act or destroys one as she speaks, she'll frame the other, possibly Twelve. One Nine gets killed off or dies if that's her choice, twelve will follow by receiving a fate worse than death. An assumption.

I do not work at an airport nor the schematics but I do believe they own the coordinates to express what they want the plane to take. So I'm not too annoyed by having them move freely at a pilot's suggestion. I've seen it in real life from the cockpit view but from a control tower, I expected this to be a coordinated plane action, not a RC as you are suggesting.

My reasons were short but I hope this makes up for it. But none of these are facts, and we must wait a few weeks till the whole project is explained.
Aug 29, 2014 3:56 PM

Feb 2014
Engrish, my god... I'm wondering if all Asians have that big of a problem with pronunciaton 'cause this isn't the first time I'm hearing Engrish in anime.

This show has been going downhill since ep. 5. It's very unfortunate, because first 4 were masterpiece but since the introduction of Five it's just no good. I thought this anime would be a realistic one but it's slowly drifting away from it.

Although this episode was pretty intense. Five is incredibly annoying with her, as said before, unbelievable "cartoonishly evil" character together with absolute authority over police. If they let her be without any consequences after al of this I might as well, drop it.

It's a shame that 9 didn't shoot her back then.
Between the adult world and the world of kids,

there, Holyland exists.
Aug 29, 2014 8:57 PM

Jan 2010
slovak125 said:
Engrish, my god... I'm wondering if all Asians have that big of a problem with pronunciaton 'cause this isn't the first time I'm hearing Engrish in anime.

Most of them do, yeah. But it's about the nature of the japanese language. The kind of syllabes in japanese and their pronunciation are completely different from english, so they're not used to the same phonemes we use... It's just like the opposite: most english speaking people have problems with japanese pronunciation. I've seen many people say "Colskay" instead of "Kousuke", the "ke" specially rarely sounds right. It's the same. We see that kind of thing in many languages, so it isn't anyone's fault really... it's just a matter of practice, and a lot of practice and self-correction at that. It's not easy.
Aug 29, 2014 10:27 PM

Feb 2014
YORERU said:
slovak125 said:

Most of them do, yeah. But it's about the nature of the japanese language. The kind of syllabes in japanese and their pronunciation are completely different from english, so they're not used to the same phonemes we use... It's just like the opposite: most english speaking people have problems with japanese pronunciation. I've seen many people say "Colskay" instead of "Kousuke", the "ke" specially rarely sounds right. It's the same. We see that kind of thing in many languages, so it isn't anyone's fault really... it's just a matter of practice, and a lot of practice and self-correction at that. It's not easy.

Thay may be true but I find Japanese pronunciaton very easy. Probably because I'm not a native English speaker and pronunciaton of syllabes in Slavic languages and Japanese is quite similar. Still, Japanese have way too big problems with spoken English.
Between the adult world and the world of kids,

there, Holyland exists.
Aug 30, 2014 6:32 PM

Jul 2012
I wonder why they took Lisa's ID but not her phone. And why is the FBI allowed to kill hundreds of Japanese people? I know it's to catch terrorist, but I'm pretty sure they've noticed that one of Sphinx's "weaknesses" is that they want to avoid killing as much innocent people as possible, if possible.
AndoAug 30, 2014 6:36 PM
Aug 31, 2014 8:12 AM

Aug 2013
It is sad to say... but this is another show with wasted potential. "5" is horrible.
YORERU said:
slovak125 said:

I'M glad , that my native language is Polish. Japanese syllables sounds in Polish exactly the same like Polish ones(si = し、Ła= わ、dzu = ず ci=ち etc), so I don't have any problems with speaking Japanese.
rsc-plAug 31, 2014 8:30 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Aug 31, 2014 8:17 AM

Jan 2014
rsc-pl said:
It is sad to say... but another show with wasted potential. "5" is horrible.

Sad but true.
Aug 31, 2014 9:13 AM
Oct 2012
Didn't know a show was ready to kick the bucket when there's four full episode lefts, somehow redeeming itself. Two hours is quire some time for a major shift. Then again, I'll be watching the end don't know about ya'll.
Aug 31, 2014 9:52 AM
Dec 2010
Does the source of the show actually refer to the US people behind this whole thing as the FBI, or is it just the subbers? Because going by the MO of the organisation, you know, having absolutely no problem detroying a 250-million-dollar-jet and killing hundreds of innocent people in the process, sounds more like something the CIA would have no problems with. Regardless, still like the show, though the plotholes (FBI getting away with murder, using autopilot to drive a plane on the ground, having so few planes on the ground that the plane can just go wherever it wants, "cancelling" all flights somehow leading to all planes just stop moving, including the ones about to land,just the overall lack of realism as it pertains to the operation of the airport) in this episode were really a downer.
Aug 31, 2014 12:44 PM

Jul 2012
This show does what it's supposed to do well. Thriller. It's fun, fast-paced, suspenseful and serious. I could care less on how underdeveloped the characters are or how many plotholes there are (I don't really want to know pls)
Aug 31, 2014 6:55 PM

Feb 2013
That was INTENSE! Edge-of-seat, heart-pounding...

I'd arrest Five. Screw international relations. She blew up a jetliner and nearly a hanger with it. If that isn't enough to arrest someone...

The one flaw with the episode was that I couldn't follow their chess game at all :(
Aug 31, 2014 7:34 PM

Jul 2014
soo..this was 10 days ago iirc? where's episode 8?
my bad if this was previously discussed or there's something obvious i'm missing.
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

871 by ozrodger46 »»
May 6, 7:03 AM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2014

380 by Yavicci »»
Apr 24, 10:59 AM

» Boring

egosumjohn - Aug 30, 2023

22 by Pain »»
Apr 21, 7:38 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2014

448 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Naruleach - Jul 5, 2014

422 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 2:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.