Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Aug 10, 2014 3:33 PM

Jun 2013
HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT

Did not expect something like that coming especially 6 episodes in. Justice-Chan showing her "Strong Sense of Justice" was a tad too much for me but I loved it nonetheless. I guess there are no angels in this anime.

My version didn't censor the gory parts.
Aug 10, 2014 3:36 PM

Feb 2012
Just to clarify. The reason I really didn't like this episode wasn't because of the lack of time we had to relate to/like Sheele. In FMA, brotherhood or not, the chimera girl had very little screen time, yet her death worked perfectly and shocked/touched near everyone. What really bothers me here is how her death was handled.

It was very poorly handled and some of the reasons were already specified, like if she had just died and if they hadn't dragged it out, and the very sad (I mean cheesy) slideshow of her with the night raid, it would have been way better. Can't she just die after being ripped in half? Does she really have to come out of the monster's mouth and save Mein? Then the aftermath was waay too cheesy, and Mein's VA didn't make it any better. Ouch, my ears are still hurting from that. Then the music. The scene was already cheesy by itself, and then they came up with the most cliche type of music for this. Brilliant.
I really don't care if it was exactly like this in the manga. If it was, then they should have made it better in the anime, because a good adaptation isn't synonym to doing everything exactly like the source material.

TL;DR
What was bad wasn't only the poor characterization of Sheele, it was mostly the way her death was handled
Aug 10, 2014 3:37 PM
Apr 2013
The animated version is more shocking than the drawn version.
Aug 10, 2014 3:38 PM

Sep 2011
Let's unite and kill that Seryu bitch ._.
Sheele ;_;
Other than that, great episode, pleasingly bloody in the beginning.
Also, another thing I really start to like about AgK are the facial expressions of the characters. I don't know why I like them so much, but I do.
Aug 10, 2014 3:41 PM
Oct 2013
Raycee said:
"Patiently waiting for the lots who want to find fault each and every episode."

...Still waiting.

Actually i was one of those guys, but THIS episode, man... THIS IS HOW YOU MAKE FUCKING EPISODES! This is the point of no return, im gonna watch this till the ending.
And that OST god damn!
Aug 10, 2014 3:43 PM

Jul 2010
Honestly? I didn't expect her to die so early, but now that I think about it there were a death flag or two for her, so it makes sense. Pretty disgusting episode by the way, yet so good. This really builds up a lot of hate for the dog justice girl, who obviously is not going to die anytime soon. They will build it up some more.

Darxen said:
It was very poorly handled and some of the reasons were already specified, like if she had just died and if they hadn't dragged it out, and the very sad (I mean cheesy) slideshow of her with the night raid, it would have been way better. Can't she just die after being ripped in half?

I agree on that good sir. I found the slideshow quite annoying. A only glance towards Mine saying "Have I been helpful now?" just before her death, could have been of more impact IMHO.
AkanezoraAug 10, 2014 3:49 PM
Aug 10, 2014 3:46 PM

Jun 2014
fst said:
ThrashMatto said:
And finally the episode that shuts all the haters up airs.

lolwut.

Everything that there is to hate about this show is still there.

He's one of those members who thinks their 100% right. Let him be.
Aug 10, 2014 3:51 PM

Oct 2013
The thing that I didn't like in this chapter or episode is that she died too soon, so I didn't felt anything when she died. She barely got any screen time until the chapter before she died. I feel the author could have given her more time before killing her. I was shock that she died so early but I didn't feel sad or anything.

In later chapters though I did feel sad for some characters that died.

Regardless this was a good episode. 4/5
keragammingAug 10, 2014 3:56 PM
Aug 10, 2014 3:56 PM
Sep 2013
Oh no Sheele It feels to soon. Everybody shocked face Right in the feels. Wonder how Tatsumi going to take it especially when not too long ago his friends where taken away from him too.
Aug 10, 2014 4:11 PM

Oct 2012
I wish Mine had died instead. Oh well.

I agree @keragamming, Sheele could've had a bit more of screen time and the death would've been a lot sadder, or even more shocking. They didn't handle it too well, but it was definitly something "different". Not all shows kill off important characters in the 6th episode, lol.

Still edgy as fuck, but it's entertaining.
Aug 10, 2014 4:12 PM

Apr 2014
Sheele ;(
Aug 10, 2014 4:19 PM
Nov 2013
Holy shit that episode was bad.
The kind girl who wants justice becoming a bloodthirsty madwoman to portray assassins as saints is so one-sided it hurts.
Also what's with the Sheele melodrama ? We hardly even knew her, I don't give a damn she died, you're simply boring me with 5 minutes of flashbacks (what's with the edge Tatsumi you've known her for a day).

I'll probably finish it for the action but the story is cliché as hell and pants-on-head retarded.
Aug 10, 2014 4:21 PM

Nov 2013
Sheele death was sad in the manga but this was even sadder :'(
Now everyone will know why Seryu is a bitch but even if you hated her wait until you see Wild Hunt.
Hopefully more Esdeath next episode :)
Luckily my episode was not censored, ohh that beautiful blood.
Aug 10, 2014 4:22 PM

Apr 2012
The entire formula of the series is right here in this episode.
Aug 10, 2014 4:26 PM

Dec 2013
Holy crap pretty intense episode. We got sheele's death and Coro is such an useful dog. Seryu's "justice" is basically just revenge.
BenphyreAug 10, 2014 4:31 PM
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Aug 10, 2014 4:33 PM

Jul 2014
Damn... I was not expecting a character death already. I would of preferred mine to die over schere anyday. Schere seemed like such a cool character she was by far the nicest to tatsumi. The scene after the fight where that monster was chewing on schere's arm was just painful to watch lol. Can't wait to see how her death affects night raid and especially tatsumi.

Who would of known that seryu had a third gun and in her mouth of all places. Like her dog she is literally a weapon.
skullcruncherAug 10, 2014 4:37 PM
Aug 10, 2014 4:35 PM

Jun 2014
Having a death scene try to be this emotional at just episode 6 was disappointing. All Tatsumi did was spend a day with her, it didn't really seem like he was all that attached. Basically every other girl has hit on him in some way, he obviously isn't alone. Yeah Sheele was the best girl, but when you spend just one episode developing her I really can't be as emotionally distraught as the scene made it out to be.
Aug 10, 2014 4:36 PM

Nov 2013
Tokoya said:
Awwwww, I thought that you would of really liked this one :(

Oh well, fair enough...Looking forward to seeing your opnion on Esdese and other characters in future episodes =P
Ice Death better be cool then because otherwise you won't see me posting in future episodes :p
Aug 10, 2014 4:49 PM

Jan 2011
This was actually done pretty nicely, especially uncensored version. Gore and cruelty, yay. If I was 14 yo I've already loved this show to death.

6/10
Aug 10, 2014 4:51 PM

Jul 2013
Wow, can't believe a major character just died within the sixth episode of a shonen series. I was overestimating the plot armor in this series.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 10, 2014 4:56 PM
Jun 2014
Minagatachi said:
Wow, can't believe a *support* character just died within the sixth episode of a shonen series. I was overestimating the plot armor in this series.

Corrected, its pretty much the standard of today's shounen manga.
Aug 10, 2014 4:58 PM

Sep 2013
This episode was irritating. It's not the fact that Sheele was devoured, but how they came about it. Correct me if I'm missed something, but wasn't the point of fighting police girl(forgot her name) one on one to take her out? "Imperial arms are tools. It will stop once the user is killed" were the exact words she said so why did she slice at her arms again when she could have killed her right there? Didn't they take time last episode explaining how that was her specialty? When Coro went berserk, she could have beheaded police girl, neutralize him and walked out of the fight alive because police girl's reinforcements were small fry. Three birds with one stone, no? Instead, she missed her best chance to end things, went for the Coro's arm that she knows will regenerate, lowered her guard and lost her life.
6/10 and I'm being generous.
Aug 10, 2014 5:02 PM

Jul 2014
Keetriver said:

So in the end they did end up cutting out the whole boiling sequence. Suppose we'll be waiting for the Blu Rays.

I believe the scene you are speaking of will be shown in the next episode.

EDIT: Or actually not, lol. The scene is actually shown on http://www.akame.tv but differently. Guess it was too brutal for TV.
SunariesAug 10, 2014 5:11 PM
Aug 10, 2014 5:02 PM

Nov 2013
NemeanLion said:
This episode was irritating. It's not the fact that Sheele was devoured, but how they came about it. Correct me if I'm missed something, but wasn't the point of fighting police girl(forgot her name) one on one to take her out? "Imperial arms are tools. It will stop once the user is killed" were the exact words she said so why did she slice at her arms again when she could have killed her right there? Didn't they take time last episode explaining how that was her specialty? When Coro went berserk, she could have beheaded police girl, neutralize him and walked out of the fight alive because police girl's reinforcements were small fry. Three birds with one stone, no? Instead, she missed her best chance to end things, went for the Coro's arm that she knows will regenerate, lowered her guard and lost her life.
We're talking about an anime that a couple episodes ago showed a seemingly well trained and strong man get held down fairly easily by Tatsumi. Do not question the logic because there's a chance you will hate it.
Aug 10, 2014 5:03 PM

Dec 2012
R.I.P Sheele.

I hope someone gets Seryu, won't be satisfied.
Aug 10, 2014 5:05 PM

May 2013
I understand the need for drama but wtf was with that last bit after the fight ? they actually showed that stupid dog still eating Sheele's arm...WTF..but yeah, stupid pointless death.
Aug 10, 2014 5:07 PM
Nov 2010
[quote=Walfan
Also what's with the Sheele melodrama ? We hardly even knew her, I don't give a damn she died, you're simply boring me with 5 minutes of flashbacks (what's with the edge Tatsumi you've known her for a day).

I'll probably finish it for the action but the story is cliché as hell and pants-on-head retarded.[/quote]

You do realize that Tatsumi has been a member of Night Raid for well over a day, he had probably at this point been part of it for a good few months. If you really think that he only bonded with that character over that one day that she consulted him, and not the entire time he has been a member then I don't know what to tell you lol.

Also I don't understand why everyone is watching the censored version of the series and complaining, I had watched the uncensored version that came out the same time the censored one had :/
Aug 10, 2014 5:11 PM

Sep 2013
Botato said:
NemeanLion said:
We're talking about an anime that a couple episodes ago showed a seemingly well trained and strong man get held down fairly easily by Tatsumi. Do not question the logic because there's a chance you will hate it.

Yeah, i think i should stop taking it seriously to prevent further disappointment.
Aug 10, 2014 5:11 PM

Sep 2011
Great episode, good thing there where no censors in the version I watched. Looking forward to next week.
Aug 10, 2014 5:21 PM

Aug 2011
So this was the emotional scene that every manga reader was talking about? I guess I had my hopes too high. There was no time to even get attached to the character, and she's already killed off. Sorry, but just because she's technically considered a main character does not make her death more emotional all of a sudden. I understand if it had been Mine, but Sheele...?
Aug 10, 2014 5:23 PM

Apr 2014
Overall was great. i enjoyed it.
Leone and MC were having great time raping all those thugs..
in the other hand Sheele was ate by that...weird....Justice-girl's...weird pet.
Such modification on her body...Gun in her mouth...
Aug 10, 2014 5:24 PM
Nov 2013
kurotachi said:
Walfan said:

I'll probably finish it for the action but the story is cliché as hell and pants-on-head retarded.

You do realize that Tatsumi has been a member of Night Raid for well over a day, he had probably at this point been part of it for a good few months. If you really think that he only bonded with that character over that one day that she consulted him, and not the entire time he has been a member then I don't know what to tell you lol.

He only started to get to know her for a day. Before that she was just a member of the team.
For fuck's sake he showed more emotions when he learned about her death than he did at first for his two childhood friends.
Aug 10, 2014 5:27 PM

Nov 2007
holy shit.... I knew this might be graphic but wow. one girl gets her arms ripped off. another was almost crushed to death by some dog thing.

and poor Sheele was killed.

damn that was hardcore.
Aug 10, 2014 5:27 PM
Oct 2009
bastek66 said:
Censoring everywhere ruined this episode
I watched this on kissanime mobile and there were no censors
Aug 10, 2014 5:28 PM

Apr 2014
mystik said:
holy shit.... I knew this might be graphic but wow. one girl gets her arms ripped off. another was almost crushed to death by some dog thing.

and poor Sheele was killed.

damn that was hardcore.

Seryu's face expression. That is hardcore.
Aug 10, 2014 5:32 PM

Mar 2012
Sheele as epic as in the manga, huh. See ya in next life, Sheele. *trollface*

Awesome episode.
Aug 10, 2014 5:40 PM

May 2014
SHEELEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Aug 10, 2014 5:42 PM

Jul 2013
Been waiting for this episode and IMO they did this justice. No censors and the music/animation was on point. Great episode. Now I can't wait for "that" moment in about 3 episodes or so. Also gotta love this lol [Spoiler]
OnePieceJPGAug 10, 2014 5:52 PM
[spoiler]PLACEHOLDER
Aug 10, 2014 5:43 PM

Oct 2013
As a non reader I have high expectation on this anime. But it's been a downhill ever since the first episode. Seriously, how stupid does the mangaka take the reader? He could save Mine from Goro by killing that police girl who was right in front of her which will instantly stop Goro.

But NooooOOOOooo~~
She has to jump back 500m and cut Goro's hand instead
Poor decision making.
With that terrible judgement, no wonder you died first.
*Sigh*

I'm not done yet
An installed weapon inside hand?
How does it even work?
What happen to the bones? How is she still able to move her hand?
and how did she fire those fire arms without fingers to pull the trigger?
Does it follows the brain commands?
Pretty advance technology I must say, Maybe it should be registered as Imperial Arm as well.
"Burn the heretics"
Aug 10, 2014 5:44 PM

Feb 2009
Wow, this thread in uncontrollable.

Anyway, nice episode. Although I was already seeing Sheele's death coming, it was still a little shocking, it will be strange from now on without her.

I just hope the next deaths won't be so easy to predict as this one. I'm starting from the principle that the character that will die will receive a little glimpse of development before dying and, in this case, the only members of NR that received development at this point were Akame, Mein and Sheele. Akame seems impossible to die (at least that soon) and Mein seems kinda difficult or else she wouldn't be put as a Main Character in the character list so Sheele was the only option.

About Seryu, I actually still like her despite the turn in her personality. I just wonder how will she continue from now on without BOTH arms (how did she not died from blood loss?) O.o.

Can't wait for next episode.
Friend Code 3DS: 4914-3165-5517
Aug 10, 2014 5:47 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Botato said:
Tokoya said:
Awwwww, I thought that you would of really liked this one :(

Oh well, fair enough...Looking forward to seeing your opnion on Esdese and other characters in future episodes =P
Ice Death better be cool then because otherwise you won't see me posting in future episodes :p
The pressure is real xD
Aug 10, 2014 5:51 PM

Sep 2008
Hanazawa Kana really is at her best when she's batshit crazy.

I thought so in Kamisama Dolls.
I thought so in Binbougami!

And I still think so here.
Aug 10, 2014 5:56 PM

Jul 2013
wow of course my favourite night raider is the first one to die..
DAMMIT im actually enraged, this anime does a freaking amazing job at making you absolutely despise the enemy. Hell, I actually kind of thought i liked seryuu from the previous ep but no fuck that i want everyone associated with the king to freaking die, even the little shit himself. Luckily they've already shown they have no problem showing children get killed.. damn that sounded insane..
As for everyone who had to watch a censored version, i have one word for you: torrents :D http://katproxy.com/usearch/akame%20ga%20kill/
The best anime is the Road to El Dorado
Aug 10, 2014 6:04 PM

Jun 2013
Neverend argument as always
you guys really love debate

as manga reader, this eps adaptation is good, especially the action part

i`m not getting goosebump since already know the story, but still enjoyable
Aug 10, 2014 6:06 PM

Sep 2010
Man I just watched this episode. I am so mortified by what happened!! AARRRRRGGG. This is how I feel!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4soysiwmik&list=UU6HUAjzE2TZwJf3W2eWE9qQ
Aug 10, 2014 6:09 PM

Oct 2013
I didn't get any censoring at all hmm...I'm serious zen zen

Sheele, I didn't like you that much because it doesn't make sense how you're a big klutz but you can kill off people, but I guess I'll miss you. Yeah yeah decent ep! Yeah they stayed true to the fact that when imperial arm users clash, one must die
Aug 10, 2014 6:09 PM

Apr 2013
We didn't really get to see her much and that's it? RIP
Aug 10, 2014 6:21 PM
Jan 2011
looks like next ep. is going to adapt ch. 10, 11, and some of 12
Aug 10, 2014 6:26 PM

Apr 2014
"HER SCISSORS CAN CUT THROUGH ANYTHING!"
>Seryuu proceeds to block a thousand freaking stabs with her tonfas

"WE JUST NEED TO KILL THE TEIGU USER WHILE WE HAVE THE CHANCE"
>has the chance
>proceeds to just cut off her arms instead of kill her on the spot
Fucking retarded.
Aug 10, 2014 6:26 PM

Oct 2011
Am I the only one who doesn't feel the OST for this show?

I mean, very good animation, no censorship at all and the pacing is really nice, nothing has been rushed so far, but the OST for this show really doesn't stand out.

In my opinion someone like Sawano Hiroyuki was perfect for this, but well, now that he's working on Aldnoah.Zero that won't happen.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a hater but I am someone who really likes OSTs, and AgK has been really disappointing so far.
Pages (19) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2014

282 by Cammell »»
Apr 18, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2014

1363 by Fiorno »»
Apr 13, 11:22 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2014

981 by Fiorno »»
Apr 13, 11:02 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2014

471 by Fiorno »»
Apr 13, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Uff...those continuous deaths

S1H2A3N - Mar 17

1 by 7Hunna_Jahmir »»
Mar 26, 2:49 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.