Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 17, 2009 2:21 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Tenseiga is uneasy according to Sesshoumaru's not satisfied with something inside, and that swordweaver guy is going to fix it.

Sango cannot decide if she wants to defeat Naraku and let Kohaku die or not.

Kagome's in trouble in study, but got heard about Shikon no Tama.

Someone attacked Shippo with a leaf, which lead others to a place while Shippo is involved in an exam with partners. After getting up many levels, Shippo is going to participate in the exam and going to defeat Inuyasha.

lol, it turns out that the people in the place that the group were also the foxes impersonating women.

One youkai appeared and got Kaze no Kizu's youki into her sword. Shippo got tricked several times. The true form is an old youkai.

Sesshoumaru's test to use Tenseiga? and he learned a skill with Meidou... Meidou Tanketsuha immediately.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 17, 2009 5:52 PM

Nov 2008
the whole fox exam kinda felt like filler D: which i know it couldnt be but it did :/
other than that it was good, and im glad sesshoumaru can finally use tenseiga to fight : D
Oct 17, 2009 6:58 PM

Jul 2009
I felt the episode didn't have any flow or rhyme to it. One moment it is about Kagome, then Shippo, then about a sword, then about Sesshoumaru? Felt really out of place. The pace for this episode was really rushed. Which i didn't mind for the fox exam because i thought it was stupid or boring but still it was rushed. The other episodes had a good pace, this not so much. Other than that i hope the next episode will have a better flow of events than this one did.
Oct 17, 2009 8:00 PM

Apr 2008
It seems to me that they are rushing through the material way to fast. The pacing is just so radically different from how this show previously was. I'm glad they are animating this material but I don't think that they are doing a very good job of it.
Oct 17, 2009 10:10 PM

Nov 2008
Well, there was not much action in this episode. I felt that it was mostly a filler.
Oct 18, 2009 1:11 AM

Aug 2008
Damn it's horribly rushed. Total waste of material, what's the point of cramping rest of the series in just 26 episodes.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Oct 18, 2009 1:15 AM

Jul 2008
The pacing does feel kinda rushed :/

But otherwise this was kinda nice episode, though I do miss the action >.<

Oct 18, 2009 3:56 PM

May 2008
HAHA. Sango pulled a Miroku on..Miroku. Ass touching :x

The episode was good for comic relief.

Oct 18, 2009 4:33 PM

Nov 2007
they are rushing it a little bit but it's not all that bad.. let's see how it goes on..
Oct 18, 2009 6:05 PM

Jun 2008
knockngoc said:
I felt the episode didn't have any flow or rhyme to it. One moment it is about Kagome, then Shippo, then about a sword, then about Sesshoumaru? Felt really out of place. The pace for this episode was really rushed. Which i didn't mind for the fox exam because i thought it was stupid or boring but still it was rushed. The other episodes had a good pace, this not so much. Other than that i hope the next episode will have a better flow of events than this one did.

Yeah me too, when I saw the title I was like "Yes! they're animating the Meido Zangetsuha chapter!", but then most of the ep was about Shippo's exam, which felt totally like a filler (I can't remember if it is or not, but I don't remember reading about it in the manga)... and throughout the whole thing I was like, "where's Sesshoumaru and the Meido???" and they spent the last 5 min on it >___> So they spend the least time on the most important part of the ep.....

But it's not totally bad I guess, had some good Sango Miroku moments =D good to see Sango pulling Miroku's ass-touching act XD

Next ep looks more interesting though, horribly rushed, but yay Dragon-scaled Tetsusaiga!!

and I agree it's stupid to try and squish the story into 26 eps... >_>
Oct 18, 2009 7:16 PM

Aug 2009
Well, as stated before on the previous episodes, everything are too rushed. I mean, they're condensing like 21 volumes of manga in a mere 26 ep. Of course there wouldn't be any flow to the story...

I only wish they make it longer... 26ep is too short...they practically covered one volume in this ep...This ep title is Meidou Zangetsuha, yet Sesshy and co. only appeared in the beginning and the end...

Of course, at least they're animating it, so I probably shouldn't complain too much.

Recommendation: Read Manga before watching this!!!

KayChan4U said:
HAHA. Sango pulled a Miroku on..Miroku. Ass touching :x

The episode was good for comic relief.

Lol well sort of...she was just checking if it was the real Miroku or Shippo-transformed Miroku (who would have a tail...hence ass-groping XD)

*still can't get over the fact Kagura's already gone ;_;

Oct 19, 2009 12:43 AM

Nov 2008
MapleRose said:
I can't remember if it is or not, but I don't remember reading about it in the manga

it is in the manga
the instant i saw miroku talking so serious to sango made me remember what was coming
shippo always failed at cloning somone, by forgetting to remove his tail(atleast until this season in wich he made an exact copy of miroku)
finally sango starts to show his pervert side to miroku xD
meido zangetsu ha thats the spoiler i was talking about!
yet...
Oct 19, 2009 5:58 AM
Sep 2008
Well, Fullmetal Achemist: Brotherhood managed to rush the beginning set of chapters and managed to pull it off fairly well. They, though, had the ability to discard full chapters; but my point is, if they focused better, they could do the same.
I still have hope though; they get all the power-ups and basic story and jargon out of the way, then they can coast for a while.
Oct 19, 2009 9:05 AM

Jan 2008
I'm still hoping that this initial rush is only a temporary means to get a bunch of the key plot points out of the way before they can focus on the big showdown versus Naraku. I'm also disappointed in the pacing, but I'm grateful it's at least getting animated.

I'm not sure why they limited themselves to only 26 episodes when the show is easily popular enough/draws in enough money to produce at least twice of that. Ah well...
Oct 19, 2009 11:04 AM

Jun 2008
MistressMorbid said:
I'm still hoping that this initial rush is only a temporary means to get a bunch of the key plot points out of the way before they can focus on the big showdown versus Naraku. I'm also disappointed in the pacing, but I'm grateful it's at least getting animated.

I'm not sure why they limited themselves to only 26 episodes when the show is easily popular enough/draws in enough money to produce at least twice of that. Ah well...
Exactly my thoughts.

Anyway, the scenes with Sango were especially cute. I still feel like things end too fast and it's going to hurt to see any of my favorite parts in the manga done in less then 10 seconds.
Oct 19, 2009 5:42 PM

Sep 2008
This episode was... yeah, as others said, all over the place. No particular flow or rhythm. Some cute SangoxMiroku moments though, which made me happy. Yes the Shippou part (with the exam) is in the manga, so it's technically not filler... but even when I read it in the manga it seemed like manga filler. I wonder if Takahashi just drew it on a whim. XD She did say she didn't actually "plan" Inuyasha...

I did expect more time to be devoted to Meido Zangetsuha, but eh, oh well. Even though so little time was devoted to it, the point has clearly been conveyed: Wewt, Sesshy can use Tenseiga for fighting now too,
Oct 19, 2009 9:11 PM

Jan 2008
OMFG~! D< SO MANY STORY LINES WHERE SHOVED INTO ONE THAT IT JUST ANNOYED ME SO HARD~! D<

the shippo fox exam wasn't until... like, chapter 500 something and kagura died in like... 300 something near 400... THAT WAS TOO MUCH OF A JUMP~! especially with the whole kagome and the applying to the high school.. i dunno.. i was just overly annoyed with everything that was just too out of place... because after that fox exam, we didn't meet that chick. i dunno. this episode was the first one to royally piss me off because it was just to "OMGTHISCOULDGOHEREANDTHISHEREANDTHEREWEGO~!" =/ SERIOUSLY??????? i JUST finished reading the manga and thus know where it all should go so my rage is very justified. and i'm sorry for ranting on to you guys Dx but it....

D<

*deep breath* at least seeing byakuya in the previews for the next episode calmed me a bit =D and huzzah for the dragon scaled tetsusaiga and all the trouble that'll bring =D

this episode because of all the mishmash gets a 1/5 from me =/
AoiMemoriOct 19, 2009 9:15 PM
Oct 20, 2009 1:13 AM

Jan 2009
The new power of Sesshoumaru it's fantastic ;o
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 20, 2009 4:05 AM

Oct 2008
I gonna go out on a limb and be the unpopular person and say that I liked the last two episodes, episode two better than three admittedly. It felt like this series did slow down, compared to it's opener and Kagura's death had a haunting beauty, although I do agree that they could have made an entire episode around her demise and done a better job of establishing a link to Sesshoumaru, via flashback or something, to make her death have had more of a dramatic impact.

I know it's tempting to always compare a series to it's manga, but it should be judged upon it's "adaptation" not whether or not it's word for word, plot for plot right out of manga. As with, as I like to call it, "The Brotherhood fiasco", directors of anime's should have some liberty to create coherent and interesting animated series "biased" on it's literature, like the original FMA did. It's boring and tired to to just animate a series without any creative re-interpretation.

As for the, so called filler with the foxes, I call that character development.
Sango rubbing Miroku's buttocks ever so gently and then getting agitated when interrupted had me laughing uncontrollably. I'm actually looking forward to the rest of this series now.
Oct 20, 2009 2:54 PM
Mar 2009
Annoying -__-
Oct 21, 2009 6:25 AM

Jul 2007
Loved it ^__^
Oct 21, 2009 12:14 PM

Aug 2007
Felt way too rushed from the beginning, things just kept moving on...One minute Kagome's studying and the next thing you know they're in the middle of a fox exam...I hope things slow down a little...
Oct 21, 2009 5:33 PM

Aug 2008
Mmm... I like this episode. I laugh in some scenes and the end is so touchable. The wind... When did Inuyasha old anime happen this? And join parts which were separated by 100 manga episodes... amazing.

And... It comes the BEST part of Inuyasha manga. You know it. THE BEST. I hope that animation and soundtrack are better than Kagura's death. It was well... but this part MUST BE THE BEST.

Now rush for future peace. You understanding me. or not?

I hope so much.
See ya.
Oct 21, 2009 10:42 PM

Mar 2009
I hated this ep and would have given it a 2 but I give it a five just because of sexiness of Lord Sesshoumaru XD He can make an ep because great, I just wish that there was more detail D:

Oct 22, 2009 8:59 AM

Nov 2008
cabemaru said:

And... It comes the BEST part of Inuyasha manga. You know it. THE BEST. I hope that animation and soundtrack are better than Kagura's death. It was well... but this part MUST BE THE BEST.
See ya.

Oct 22, 2009 5:59 PM

Aug 2008
There is someone (doblefilo) who understood me.

Thks. xD
and important: If you DIDN'T read Inuyasha manga, DON'T read doblefilo's spoiler. It's a real NO.
Oct 23, 2009 11:53 AM

Oct 2009
Really, can't they slow down a little? >.< it's all way too rushed, it's a pity
I just hope that this anime will get better because the manga is awesome <3
Oct 23, 2009 9:27 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Liked the part where Sango was rubbing Miroku's part. xD

It's cool Tenseiga got a new ability.

Oct 24, 2009 7:10 PM

Jul 2008
I felt as if I'd watched this on fast forward.
Oct 25, 2009 9:57 AM

Aug 2009
Well... I think this episode sounded like a Filler for...
It was really annoying and in wrong place =/
I liked Seshoumaru's part, but, the rest of Shippou's exam ? X_x
I think it wasn't cool ;/

But, in front of all this, i think the series is getting cool, a very good animation too ^^
I haven't read the manga, so i don't know if they have a lot of story to put in a feel episodes, or something...

I have a LITTLE impresion that the story is getting to... fast.. or am i jus' crazy ? ;/
Oct 26, 2009 6:03 PM

May 2008
Cool episode.
Oct 29, 2009 3:27 AM

May 2009
love the episode it ws so funnt!
Nov 20, 2009 5:10 AM
Nov 2008
Well , kinda expected it to be like this since they plan to do the rest of the manga in ONLY 26 episodes. It was obvious from the start that they will rush it so much that it will seem totally unrealistical. -.-..so..no surprise.
Dec 30, 2009 6:20 PM

Feb 2008
I like this episode.. fun to watch.
Jan 16, 2010 11:20 PM

Dec 2008
Wow, this episode was REALLY rushed -_- && the whole thing with the exam wasn't even necesary.
But I'm glad Sesshy learned a new sword technique <3 <3

& &
Feb 10, 2010 3:09 PM

Feb 2009
I can't believe they have time to waste on that chapter.
Jul 5, 2010 12:27 PM

Jun 2008
well at least no one died this time...but Tenseiga as a weapon...so cool

RtheO
Jul 6, 2010 8:56 PM

Jul 2007
wow sesshoumaru is getting stronger, he has to help to destroy narakuuuuuu.
hehe a funny episode with the foxes XD.
i want to see more mirokuxsango!!!
Sep 5, 2010 3:56 PM

Dec 2008
Shippo was annoying in this episode.
Master Jakken is annoying no matter what episode he's in.
Oct 27, 2010 11:47 PM

Nov 2009
GOD Shippo is annoying. And stupid. *stab*

doblefilo said:

YESSSSSSSSS SHE MUST D:< AND STAY DEAD TOO JEEZ E__E
SapphireStar26Oct 27, 2010 11:50 PM
Feb 4, 2011 10:05 AM
Nov 2010
is there gonna be a natural speed for this series or every single one of those 26 episodes is gonna be in a rush ? The reason why Inuyasha is so good is because it took time to presents the characters and the story in a natural flow, now they are just forcing things. So far I'm rating this a maximum of 8/10, I hope it get better :/
Feb 26, 2014 1:24 PM

Apr 2013
I'm curious about the story of the end of Shikon no Tama.
Apr 28, 2014 2:43 AM
Mar 2013
Sesshomaru "I will be the one to decide whether or not she died in vain" Can they give anymore hints for Sesshy x Kagura ^^ I'm definitely not complaining.

One thing I love about Inuyasha is the way the do upgrades. It's always with the sword and I find that unique. Meido Zangetsuha, a technique that cuts to the underworld. Damn, Sesshomaru just got even tougher to defeat.
Dec 11, 2014 7:13 PM

Jun 2012
Best character gets an upgrade.
Apr 20, 2015 11:04 PM

Nov 2014
It was funny when InuYasha sliced that demons sword like it was paper. xD

I love Sesshomaru <3
Jul 19, 2015 8:57 PM

Jul 2011
Wow. With 26 episodes only, they cram in the filler-esque stuff too? This ENTIRE episode (except Sessy's part) could have been cut and the material in episode 1 & 2 expanded because they skipped some stuff too. Haven't read the manga, basing it on directly coming over from the original.

I would have much prefered more screentime for Kagura and actual plot that's relevant to defeating Naraku. C'mon, don't stick plot fillers in 26 episodes. What a waste of time. =__=
Sep 27, 2015 9:43 AM

Aug 2013
I'm not sure I understand how Tenseiga work now. It look like it work as a Kazaana, but not really at the same time. In fact, it's like the sword does its effect a bit after the sword was swung. Which can be good or bad.

Shippo is so silly. The trap was so obvious, you could see it coming miles away.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Dec 16, 2015 1:15 AM
Jul 2018
SapphireStar26 said:
GOD Shippo is annoying. And stupid. *stab*

doblefilo said:

YESSSSSSSSS SHE MUST D:< AND STAY DEAD TOO JEEZ E__E

As I like to put it: Why can't the dead stay where they belong?

Garfield4th said:
I am with everyone on the pace. I just finished Inuyasha and started watching this and damn it's way too fast and jumbled compared to Inuyasha.

And yeah I'm beginning to think this is way to rushed, even compared to the original series.

Anyway, Sesshomaru just got elevated to OP status. Why waste your time hacking and slashing when you can literally send your foes to oblivion? If only he could transform into his demon dog form in a fight with Naraku. That would be a sight to behold.
Feb 27, 2016 12:51 PM

Jun 2015
and they said this series is short it won't have fillers I'm not sure if this was a filler but it was relaxed more than the last two episodes it was better
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
May 2, 2016 5:11 PM
Apr 2016
giganoBrago said:
the whole fox exam kinda felt like filler D: which i know it couldnt be but it did :/
other than that it was good, and im glad sesshoumaru can finally use tenseiga to fight : D

It is a filler, but at least it is used to mask the sadness the coming episodes will have in store of us if you read the manga at least.....
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 23 Discussion

ClementIV - Mar 8, 2010

40 by prozyne »»
Apr 18, 4:15 AM

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ClementIV - Oct 10, 2009

96 by prozyne »»
Mar 25, 5:30 AM

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 11 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 12, 2009

41 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jan 3, 3:25 AM

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Chimasternmay - Nov 21, 2009

128 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jan 3, 1:49 AM

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Oct 3, 2009

143 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jan 1, 1:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.