Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Aug 1, 2014 7:25 AM

Apr 2013
ZaldiuntheGerman said:
It was a good episode, but there's one thing I didn't understand: why was it so detrimental to the investigation bureau and the police department that all of their investigations into Sphinx was leaked to the public? The public was already aware of terrorist activity due to the bombings, and as far as I'm aware the investigations didn't involve anything illegal... so why was it made into such a big deal that it was public knowledge now?

The plutoooonium.

The fact that it was stolen from the facility was confidential information.
Powerful eyebrows.
Aug 1, 2014 7:33 AM

Jun 2014
Amazing episode and the OST really shined during that motorbike scene!
Aug 1, 2014 8:05 AM
Jan 2014
I think it was a great episode. Right at this point each character has already enough depth to carry on the story.
I liked the talk about music from a cold land..that gave the whole a poetic touch. Definitely not regretting that I picked this to watch.
I think Lisa fainted because she did not eat?
Aug 1, 2014 8:08 AM

Apr 2013
Pretty good episode ost was great as well!
Aug 1, 2014 8:11 AM

May 2012
ZaldiuntheGerman said:
It was a good episode, but there's one thing I didn't understand: why was it so detrimental to the investigation bureau and the police department that all of their investigations into Sphinx was leaked to the public? The public was already aware of terrorist activity due to the bombings, and as far as I'm aware the investigations didn't involve anything illegal... so why was it made into such a big deal that it was public knowledge now?

It was very detrimental!! Because either way you look at it..people will start to lose hope in them. It always happens. Just show how more intelligent and skilled the Sphinx are. Being able to hacked into the Police network and steal all their info is very important indeed. And to make matters worst...the Plutonium incident was suppose to be a secret- highly confidential. So now the police force has their hands completely filled. They cannot afford ANY more screwups. Talk about pressure!

HAHA! Totally enjoyed this ep, but I have to admit that Lisa is pissing me off...a bit..But I cant really blame her. She might the only person who knows who they really are. Poor girl....but still.... >.>
""You think you're special? You're not. Everyone lies, everyone hides things...
Nobody makes it through this life being completely honest."
- Izaya

Aug 1, 2014 8:23 AM

Aug 2012
ZaldiuntheGerman said:

It makes the police seems incompetent, on the scene where they were showing NicoNico steam on the laptop, after the ''information bomb'' went off, it shows the people looking down on the police in the chats scrolling pass the stream. Also the stolen plutonium will probably be leaked, which was meant to be a classified case.

The sheer fear factor is also there, if these 2 guys can hack into the police's database, what else can they do?
Aug 1, 2014 8:25 AM
Oct 2012
MoeGod said:
I just had to laugh during the police meeting scene, those guys are just so hilariously incompetent. No one thought to check (once again) traffic cameras or CCTVs from buildings around the convenient stores they used to pick up those materials. I can't even begin to fathom how they haven't started a man hunt considering they've known the face of at least one of the terrorist. Not to mention the things Skuudops already mentioned especially the part where you can buy bomb materials (during a time when terrorist bombing crisis) with so much ease. I can understand if they got the materials from black market or just gather scraps to make a makeshift bomb (like almost every wannabe terrorists do) but no, they actually bought gun powder from an official channel. My God, if they are that bad in real life I pray to God no terrorists ever think of bombing Japan. Also the fact that none of their classmates or teachers has yet to recognize the figure or voice of their recently transferred friends (who are bound to stick up), after 3 god damn videos. I'm surprised no one even at least tipped the police for possible suspects, especially since even Nine was worried that people around their base might recognize their face. Surely some of them would connect two and two and ended up suspecting the two people who just moved in to their area.

Oh well I'll just watch this for what it is, a brainless Hollywood flick with high budget.

They can wipe out a nuclear facility information, CCTV wouldn't be that much of a problem. Also, if you look CLOSELY at the date of the time they entered, it said 4/17/ or around April when the bombing is around July. And the reason why cause on another incident where Nine walked through the Police building to place down the bomb, it said July 23. Yeah, like they would be suspicious when no bombings is occurring at that time. Look carefully before judging something without looking at the dates and times. They only know a sketch and not a photo. There could be multiple Nines in the city with the same look but no one is sure.

I said it before, Hun laws are stricter than gunpowder laws. Also, maybe Nine and Twleve hopped in the classroom for two days and left to make others think they are students and not terrorists. Thinking about it, they weren't doing anything crazy, all were normal and the sudden influx of terrorists attacks might make them forgotten. Oh, and they used fake names and probably deleted their information on record if they can do so on a nuclear facility and hack the police security website. Uh huh.

I understand the police tried to meet with Sphinx and take down their operation but they were fooled to easily, none listening to Shibazaki cause he's a detective and not a real cop. Thus, that one guy, Himura, I believe said screw it stead of listening to advice. There are many ways to interpret a scene and some you have to think stronger than others.
Aug 1, 2014 8:26 AM
Oct 2012
Syrosu said:
ZaldiuntheGerman said:

It makes the police seems incompetent, on the scene where they were showing NicoNico steam on the laptop, after the ''information bomb'' went off, it shows the people looking down on the police in the chats scrolling pass the stream. Also the stolen plutonium will probably be leaked, which was meant to be a classified case.

The sheer fear factor is also there, if these 2 guys can hack into the police's database, what else can they do?

The bigger question is, what else can JAPAN do.

My guess, send Number Five in, she'll take care of it. :)
Aug 1, 2014 8:26 AM

Jan 2013
Okay, I knew this was a very good anime but that episode took it to another level.

Great plot. Great detective work but pity it was ruined by the other police. Some lovely scenes of Tokyo in there too. Specifically, that scene with Lisa on the bike. Breathtaking stuff.

What an anime!!!
Aug 1, 2014 8:40 AM

Sep 2012
Barion-Zara said:
Another awesome ep :D

Poor Shibazaki...he solved it but the police just ignored his advice <_<

Damn! they just spread the secret files to the public XD

Loved the scene on the Bike. Damn! Dat animation!! Also the question Lisa asked was awesome :P "Will u destroy this world?" hehe.

Same here. Wish I was Lisa and feeling the breeze and the freedom, like escaping this cruel world. This anime touches human frailty in a poignant way. I just can't help, but be drawn by the characters.
Aug 1, 2014 8:43 AM

Aug 2012
BRK25 said:
Syrosu said:

The bigger question is, what else can JAPAN do.

My guess, send Number Five in, she'll take care of it. :)

Not really sure - but my guess, by the public's reactions, basically nothing since no-one was actually killed yet and it seems to be the themes of these terrorist attacks. Most likely the public will threat this like a game since it has no direct effect with them. We already know the lack of care, we see people laughing at the information leak at the ending scenes.

Also, I wonder when Five will enter the scene, it'll be very interesting.
Aug 1, 2014 9:18 AM

Oct 2013
ZaldiuntheGerman said:

Because the public doesnt know about plutonium bomb, and that ll cause panic and stuff.
Aug 1, 2014 10:33 AM
Mar 2012
people who dislike this episode have no taste in great anime. this is probably the best anime i seen this year. i stopped watching anime cause there weren't any good ones for awhile but this anime brought me back to to enjoy watching it again. YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Aug 1, 2014 10:55 AM

Aug 2013
Wow. The hacking done in this episode was actually quite plausible.

This comment explains in detail pretty much every part of it.
http://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/2c9471/spoilers_zankyou_no_terror_episode_4_discussion/cjdvjl9
Aug 1, 2014 10:56 AM

Jun 2010
Holy shit.. That was so good.
Aug 1, 2014 10:56 AM

Jul 2013
Jburzy2 said:
AICW said:
...They need to dump the gimmick of the fat coworker who just happens to say "the right thing at the right time" to instantly solve the riddle. That's twice now it's been used....

I've noticed a few things that irk me also in this show.

1) The entire police department reacts like crazy whenever they get the smallest bit of information. "Send police to all the shrines in the city!"

2) That generic second-in-command police officer who dislikes Shibazaki and blames him for playing their game even though he is literally the only one who has done anything good in this case.

3) Like you mentioned, the fat guy just so happens to say the right thing at the last possible moment that saves the day.

It feels like a lot of these things are tropes from generic CSI shows. It makes the show feel melodramatic to an extent.

I like the show and am interested to see how it turns out, but simple things like these will prevent it from being as memorable as Stand Alone Complex and other dramatic shows.

i wanted to look the other way when i noticed all this but it's hard to since it's not subtle.

the public's not going to react well about the government keeping the plutonium theft confidential. i guess the real "terror" will start now
Aug 1, 2014 11:07 AM
Oct 2012
I really wish others would quote on the things I've said.

Anywys, that hacking explanation made more sense to me than if someone else spoke to me about it. Clear and very thorough without coming off pulling some stupid shit. IT does it's best to replicate the effects.
Aug 1, 2014 11:15 AM

Jul 2012
So far it's great. Psycho pass of this season. But I hope it won't eat it tail like Psycho pass did and deliver stupid ending. If the ending will be lame, it will show most anime got just really fun ideas but can't deliver on making a masterpiece out of it.

That girl's story so far is the weakest part of this show. If it don't develop in interesting way i think they should drop it, but i guess anime without cute girl character won't be made.
Aug 1, 2014 11:43 AM

Jun 2014
The love for this show is perplexing. I just can't seem to get into it.

Clearly, a lot of thought has gone into technicality & realism but the whole affair feels very shallow to me. I'll give it one more episode before dropping.
Aug 1, 2014 12:04 PM

Feb 2014
ZaldiuntheGerman said:
Well what could scare Japan and the world more than realizing the police hid the fact that a couple terrorists now have a "nuclear bomb" that they could set off whenever and wherever.
Aug 1, 2014 12:49 PM

Apr 2010
Hmmmm this is amazing still. Looking forward to the next episode. I was expecting an actual explosion, but an information leak is equally as bad I guess.

I don't realllllyyyyy like Lisa, but she's okay I guess.
Aug 1, 2014 1:03 PM

Oct 2012
Excellent, such a twist. Next twist would be breath-taking, not only for us but for Shibazaki also.

Great show! That bike ride alone was worth enough to watch this episode yet we got some clever thinking from both boys. Execution is well done!
Aug 1, 2014 1:23 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I loved how the "bomb" turned out to be something else entirely. Well played. The police is thoroughly humilliated by this one.

The OST was brilliant as is to be expected in a Watanabe/Kanno project.

Still really hoping for some more background on 9 and 12 though.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 1, 2014 1:43 PM
Jul 2018
A very interesting and thoroughly enjoyable episode.
The main characters are very mysterious and we still don't know much about them.

I feel bad for Lisa, as well, although I don't really know what's up with her, either.
Aug 1, 2014 2:06 PM

Jan 2014
This show is getting better and better each episode. Too bad it's only going to be 11 eps >__<. Wish it was 24, or at least 13
Aug 1, 2014 2:55 PM

Mar 2012
I love how this anime relates it's story with real stuff, it's so cool, it's not random as other anime, they explain every detail of what happened which is also awesome, it makes some time since I've seen an anime with the story this detailed *-*
Only the characters are a bit left in the story but that's probably to make it more mysterious, it makes the story even more interesting, I'm sure they'll show the past of the character as well what was happening in Lisa's life before the terrorists appeared.

DoctorWasabi said:
This show is getting better and better each episode. Too bad it's only going to be 11 eps >__<. Wish it was 24, or at least 13

I agree, it's a shame for this anime since it is really awesome :c But since this isn't an adaptation from manga (which is incredible, there aren't many good animes that aren't adapted from manga out there) it will show the entire story, so we don't need to worry about next seasons.

btw he's hacking with a MAC? Genius.

Awesome episode, I even think it was better than Tokyo Ghoul's episode.
Aug 1, 2014 2:59 PM

Mar 2010
Oh no. Lisa fainted. :(
Aug 1, 2014 3:35 PM

Nov 2012
Nice episode. And I guessed the answer before Shibazaki, I feel like a genius.
Aug 1, 2014 4:30 PM

Jun 2012
He's going to get them killed if he doesnt sacrifice his queen.
Aug 1, 2014 4:38 PM

Sep 2013
Am I the only one who thought "Well, that was an awesome reference to Wong Kar-Wais's Fallen Angels!" during the motorbike sequence?
[/size]
Aug 1, 2014 4:47 PM

May 2013
That motorcycle scene -- it was like watching a Smiths song play out in anime form. A couple of misunderstood teens trying find their place, talking about destroying the world, all while running from the cops on a motorcycle. It's like I'm 16 again.

The show continues to be technically perfect, and the cat and mouse game has finally begun to show some more intricate dynamics. I'm also starting to like our cast a lot more, particularly our main trio. Once they started interacting again things started to come to life. I was really worried there for a bit. Hopefully now that they're all together this will keep up and we'll get some more interesting character development

If the show keeps getting better every episode like it has been, we'll have a real classic on our hands. I just hope the writers know what they're doing and actually tie things up satisfactorily. We'll just have to see: crossing my fingers here.
StarmacAug 1, 2014 5:06 PM
Aug 1, 2014 5:05 PM

Jan 2014
Not bad episode. I really didn't expect that bomb will blow up everything, cops included.

Well, but OST is really great there. The ending song is fcking epic. Don't like OP much, but art is amazing.
TapuTapuuAug 1, 2014 5:12 PM
Aug 1, 2014 5:12 PM

Apr 2014
OMG this is the best ep yet! I have to say that this and Tokyo Ghoul are my #1 favorites of this summer. I was waiting for this moment when 12 finally brings Lisa with him to their hide out. The end is just driving me crazy!!! I can't wait to find out what happens next.
Aug 1, 2014 5:15 PM
Aug 2013
This episode was absolutely amazing.BUT.I don't understand a thing.How Nine and Twelve's teacher or classmates didn't recognize their voice yet?They made already three videos with their real voice..?
Aug 1, 2014 5:52 PM
Jul 2014
Accelerator669 said:
This episode was absolutely amazing.BUT.I don't understand a thing.How Nine and Twelve's teacher or classmates didn't recognize their voice yet?They made already three videos with their real voice..?

You think those classmates or teachers really care enough or can make a link to them at all? i mean really. Just based on their voices....you give people to much credit.
Aug 1, 2014 5:58 PM

Oct 2013
Well what a bomb
Aug 1, 2014 6:26 PM

Jul 2010
Fell in love with Twelve this episode. I fell head over heels in love with him. I'm usually for guys like Nine, but the way Twelve disobeyed Nine's unspoken orders, and saved Lisa...it took my breath away. Gosh, I love him so much.
What Twelve did this episode really helped me to personalize the villains, and I'm thankful for that. It gave a breath of fresh air to the show. Also, he's just such a freaking beast on that motorcycle. So sexy.

To be honest, I don't like the kind of "all-knowing" position the show has given Shibazaki right now. He's never wrong, he always gets some kind of inspiration from the fat man beside him...I hope that trend breaks next episode. Just too much plot armor, it's becoming annoyingly unbelievable.

Seems like since Lisa fainted, they're gonna have to take her in. I was hoping for this development...I love how the show handled it though, through Twelve's weakness. Really believable, and really human, so to speak.

Can't wait for next week!

bigzzcobzz said:
btw he's hacking with a MAC? Genius.

I lol'd. :P
fishergirl16Aug 1, 2014 6:41 PM
Aug 1, 2014 7:40 PM
Jun 2013
Shibazaki has to fail at some point xDDD

The motorcycle scene is exciting. Twelve may have some taste for Lisa, I'm anxious to see the development of both.
Aug 1, 2014 7:53 PM

May 2014
Interesting episode to say the least, and the if the ost keeps getting better like this I might just descend into Yoko Kanno madness. Good execution of suspense and plot twist. Great to see a new side to Lisa as well.

I REMEMBER TOUCH. PICTURES CAME WITH TOUCH. A PAINTER IN MY MIND.
Aug 1, 2014 9:07 PM

Sep 2013
Awesome OST.

Looks like Shibazaki is getting close in catching them. I wonder what'll happen to Lisa.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Aug 1, 2014 9:34 PM

May 2013
The OST in this episode was beyond amazing! Especially during that motorcycle scene!

Shibazaki managed to solve the Sphinx's riddle once more!
But too bad the police cheated and went to that place.
Thus free confidential information for everyone!

Ah Lisa faints. Hopefully a background story comes in soon.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Aug 1, 2014 10:35 PM

Aug 2013
The bike scene with the music is just PERF <3
☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆

"There is something in this world that no one has ever seen before. It is gentle and sweet. Maybe if it could be seen, everyone would fight over it. That is why the world hid it, so that no one could get their hands on it so easily. However, someday, someone will find it. The person who deserves it the most will definitely find it. "
— Aisaka Taiga and Takasu Ryuuji
Aug 1, 2014 10:43 PM

Feb 2013
That motorcycle scene with Lisa and Nine was one of the most emotional scenes in TV anime I've seen in a while. Very well done accompanied by yet another beautifully composed Yoko Kanno song.

Don't like to say this only a third of the way in, but this is by far the best anime of this season, IMO at least.
"Hey! I'm totally an adult! I bitch and whine, lie through my teeth, and do things that are unfair."
Aug 1, 2014 11:03 PM

Mar 2009
It was an ok episode, could've been better.

Lulu ❤ | My MALoween Candy
Aug 2, 2014 12:07 AM
Aug 2013
I just don't get what Twelve is supposed to be. Are his smiles supposed to be sincere or not?

He contrasts Nine's "cold eyes" and saves Lisa from her bullying, be it intentional or not. But then he tells her he'd kill her while smiling like he always does. And in the opening, he smiles in a way that is obviously malicious.

Yet in this episode he finally loses his smile due to Lisa, and then later smiles again when she connects to him on a personal level. What is he supposed to be?

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? It's possible that his whole smiling quirk was meant to lead up to this episode, but seeing as he had never stopped smiling in the series and in the opening, I would have expected it to span a little more of the 11 episodes.
Aug 2, 2014 1:04 AM
Jul 2018
Cool ep, really liking the OST for this anime. The OST and the direction for the motorbike scene was perfect.
Aug 2, 2014 1:10 AM

Jul 2011

That's sweet! The cinematography and shots in this episode is so amazing it reminds me on Satoshi Kon's directing style!! (aaahh i sooo missed him....)

And oh my god that soundtrack, i got a shiver when that motorbike scene started and that song playing in the background... so emotional :')
Aug 2, 2014 1:34 AM

Dec 2013
This show highkey a classic
Aug 2, 2014 1:44 AM

Feb 2014
I enjoyed watching this episode. It wasn't as eventful as the others but it had that little spark of character development and I just loved it.
Also, I really hope Lisa'll get better with the confidence and all. As for now, well, at least she's happy.

Plus, I got to hear waltz, my favorite ost ;w;
In all things, the heart must take precedence. The heart rules over all things, and all things come from the heart..
- Tegami Bachi
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

871 by ozrodger46 »»
May 6, 7:03 AM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2014

417 by ozrodger46 »»
May 6, 7:02 AM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2014

380 by Yavicci »»
Apr 24, 10:59 AM

» Boring

egosumjohn - Aug 30, 2023

22 by Pain »»
Apr 21, 7:38 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2014

448 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 2:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.