Forum Settings
Forums

Japanese Government to Start Anti-Anime/Manga Piracy Operation Next Month [Update 7/30]

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (30) « First ... « 26 27 [28] 29 30 »
Aug 12, 2014 5:33 PM

Aug 2014
I'm from Tokyo.
Aug 12, 2014 5:41 PM

Apr 2014
naens said:
It's not such a big problem for USA, because they have legal streaming sites for anime and an English official translation of weekly manga magazines. But the other parts of the world depend on piracy if they want to follow manga and anime... I hope it improves someday...

But crunchyroll doesn't have every singe anime and manga out there. For people who really like anime/manga that isn't very popular will have a hard time if they want to buy or watch it legally (which it probably won't have a great effect anyway).
Ha. Ha. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA.
I'm laughing because you got hurt.
Aug 12, 2014 11:12 PM
Jun 2013
Harutora_Rin said:
DirectorVhd said:
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=63229 Join the revolution! (Parody club of M.A.G.)

Does that mean that everyone in the club laughs at the real M.A.G.?

Yes.
Aug 12, 2014 11:14 PM

Apr 2014
End of online streaming/pirating anime era?
Try.
Aug 13, 2014 12:37 AM

Aug 2014
Drunk_Samurai said:
GodlyKyon said:

Yes, even hollywood movies are being pirated. Even the American goverment can't stop piracy but if it can be pretty serious to Japan losing alot of money because of all the anime and manga piracy but still thats how most anime's and manga's turn famous to countries who have plenty of otaku's (except Japan) Also it doesn't completely erase anime and manga piracy because of the sites that do not have headquarters who are set in Japan example crunchyroll i think is based in the USA so it does not affect them unless it turns to a global matter.

"American movie industry claim that 20 billion is lost yearly to pirating, this is false. The money are still there, but spent on stuff like clothing, food, housing, etc. The Movie INDUSTRY may have lost 20 billion dollars, but the people are still using it"

What is up with these awful arguments for supporting piracy?[/quote]

We're not supporting piracy were just sharing what we think. Also that new law is only bad to us who watch pirated anime and manga's but the new law is good to the authors who should be RICH right now...

Pico x CoCo x Chico

Onii-chaaan~ 🤍
Aug 13, 2014 5:20 PM

Aug 2007
Jaraluc said:
We're not supporting piracy were just sharing what we think. Also that new law is only bad to us who watch pirated anime and manga's but the new law is good to the authors who should be RICH right now...

What was said in that post was just plain bad. Also you're ridiculous if you think they would be rich. Most of the money would be taken by greedy people.
Aug 13, 2014 5:24 PM

Nov 2008
Drunk_Samurai said:
Jaraluc said:

What was said in that post was just plain bad. Also you're ridiculous if you think they would be rich. Most of the money would be taken by greedy people.

Yep, most of the profits go to publishing conglomerates like Kadokawa and studios like Aniplex not the creators.

Aug 13, 2014 6:09 PM

Jan 2008
www.animeget.com can no longer be accessed and replaced with www.aniraw.tv
Aug 13, 2014 6:22 PM

Sep 2011
yvanc said:
www.animeget.com can no longer be accessed and replaced with www.aniraw.tv

what
Aug 31, 2014 8:02 PM

Mar 2014
I hear they are cracking down on drugs too... well there goes my weekends of watching To Love-Ru while hitting the pipe
Aug 31, 2014 8:12 PM

Nov 2008
Liquidacid said:
I hear they are cracking down on drugs too... well there goes my weekends of watching To Love-Ru while hitting the pipe

lol

Aug 31, 2014 8:30 PM

May 2014
I'm on already on alert right now for anime watching. But it has been more than a month already, anyone know any sites that have actually been hit hard?
Aug 31, 2014 8:30 PM

Jun 2008
I love anime and manga with all my heart, but as long as they don't target websites with english translations. Don't care.

I already buy a shit load of manga (I have a library with over 400 of them, just sayin'), and until specific a manga/titles comes out in english, I won't buy any and I already pay for netflix.

I'll keep torrenting and downloading,
especially if they aren't released in english.

If you think I'm a cunt, well sorry!
I ship things I want! Why? Because it's fun!
I post retarded shit at times, sorry-- my dumbness might infect you!Please be cautious of me!
I don't come with a security label!

My anime list hasn't been updated for a really long time, so it's not accurate!

Aug 31, 2014 8:31 PM

Oct 2013
_Dazzle_ said:
I'm on already on alert right now for anime watching. But it has been more than a month already, anyone know any sites that have actually been hit hard?

I heard that nyaa and another Japanese site is down...
Aug 31, 2014 8:37 PM

Jul 2008
Nyaa and TokyoTosho are being DDoS'd. Also Mangafox and HorribleSubs.
Aug 31, 2014 8:40 PM
Nov 2008
entropy13 said:
the japanese government aren't stupid enough to do something like being the cause of that.
Aug 31, 2014 8:40 PM

May 2014
EarlAlois said:
I love anime and manga with all my heart, but as long as they don't target websites with english translations. Don't care.

I already buy a shit load of manga (I have a library with over 400 of them, just sayin'), and until specific a manga/titles comes out in english, I won't buy any and I already pay for netflix.

You are fine man, no need to apologize geeeezzz ;-)
keragamming said:
_Dazzle_ said:

I heard that nyaa and another Japanese site is down...

Nyaa IS DOWN?? HOLY CRAP, I jst checked on iidrn, you are right keraa, it's down! NOOO, do you think it is permament?
Aug 31, 2014 8:41 PM

Aug 2014
is judgement day finally upon us?
Aug 31, 2014 8:42 PM
Nov 2008
_Dazzle_ said:
Nyaa IS DOWN?? HOLY CRAP, I jst checked on iidrn, you are right keraa, it's down! NOOO, do you think it is permament?
no. it's a mere inconvenience, there's no such thing as a permanent ddos.
Aug 31, 2014 8:42 PM

May 2014
entropy13 said:

Are you serious? WTF. This game I've been playing also crashed yesterday for 8 hours... So the end of August is when the basement dwellers vent their final frustrations for suffocating for having wasted another bored summer. xD
_Dazzle_Aug 31, 2014 8:49 PM
Aug 31, 2014 9:41 PM

Dec 2007
If they're behind the widespread ddos attacks, it's merely an exercise in futility. Torrents are just migrating to sites like pirate bay, and if they hit those too, it'll live on via the massive network of forums and IRC, which are much harder to take down.
Aug 31, 2014 10:04 PM

Jun 2008
_Dazzle_ said:
EarlAlois said:

You are fine man, no need to apologize geeeezzz [b];-)[/b

Hehe xP

Well, some people just think torrenting is So bad.
I think Japan benefits by the fact that they get to see who watches what.
If I like a show or a manga I will definitely get it, unless I didn't do any cash like when I was younger or unless it doesn't get an translation =X

But like ErwinJA stated, I'd just go on forums and IRC like when I was a teenagers, like 6-7 years ago if the piratebay and Co. shuts down.
I ship things I want! Why? Because it's fun!
I post retarded shit at times, sorry-- my dumbness might infect you!Please be cautious of me!
I don't come with a security label!

My anime list hasn't been updated for a really long time, so it's not accurate!

Aug 31, 2014 10:06 PM

May 2014
Oyukimaru said:
I bet they will try to close down Pirate Bay lol

No, the Pirate Bay MOVES, like a real ship!
If one of the ports it is staying at closes, another one will be open!!!
Long live the great ship!
Aug 31, 2014 10:08 PM

Aug 2014
Still streaming illegally Japan.

Still streaming...
Sep 1, 2014 2:52 AM

Sep 2010
It seems they are shipping magazines out late to combat scanslations, but that just means we have to wait a couple days longer. Now its FT Mondays and Magi Tuesdays instead of getting them on Friday.

I'm guessing this will spread to other magazines as well in the near future cause the only ones I know of that are affected is Shounen Sunday and whatever Fairy Tail is in.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Sep 1, 2014 4:38 AM

Apr 2012
ErwinJA said:
If they're behind the widespread ddos attacks, it's merely an exercise in futility. Torrents are just migrating to sites like pirate bay, and if they hit those too, it'll live on via the massive network of forums and IRC, which are much harder to take down.

It does seem a bit too weirdly timed to be a coincidence, and the DDoS attacks DID come from Japanese servers (not that it means anything, since people tend to rent Japanese servers for their good speeds).
Sep 1, 2014 5:28 AM

Dec 2007
Oddyeus said:
ErwinJA said:

It does seem a bit too weirdly timed to be a coincidence, and the DDoS attacks DID come from Japanese servers (not that it means anything, since people tend to rent Japanese servers for their good speeds).

The only reason there's an "if" there is because it's still unconfirmed. I'm better than 95% certain it's directly related to this supposed crackdown. They're the only ones who really have motive to pull this off. The only other probable option is a group of rabid fans who want to support the industry, and that's a bit of a stretch for any number of reasons.
Sep 1, 2014 6:30 AM
Nov 2013
Is there any sites that are still available to download anime? I always download at nyaa.se but it seems down right now.. I also download at anime.thehylia.com but it only allowed me to download 5 episodes/24 hours. For an anime lover like me, its not enough to download only 5 episodes/24 hours..I'm really appreciate if anyone can suggest any sites for me to download anime.

Its not like im supporting piracy. But, if a guy want to sell good stuff to u with expensive price (maybe reasonable or cheap for some people), and there is another guy offer the same good stuff for free, which would u choose? i would choose free stuffs.
Sep 1, 2014 10:24 AM

Dec 2009
Well... good luck with that, as I watch stream I hope they fail.
Sep 1, 2014 10:26 AM
Jun 2013
Hey i found a list of websites they will try to clean.

"Here is just a small portion of which sites they will be targeting first."
http://aramajapan.com/news/otaku/anime/japanese-government-launches-manga-anime-guardians-anti-piracy-project/4736/
You must always remember that the only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing...~Alucard
Sep 1, 2014 10:29 AM

Aug 2011
It's been like one month. Nothing happened.

We can say this is fake and gay by now.

» Escapism.

Sep 1, 2014 11:00 AM
Jan 2013
Kenchiin said:

We can say this is fake and gay by now.

Half of the world are paying now. You should thanks god that they didn't delete any illegal website or else........just don't want to say.
Sep 1, 2014 12:34 PM
Sep 2014
nyaa.eu has been down for 3 full days now, and it was on their list. I don't think this was BS, I think they were laying groundwork to take as many sides down as possible at the same time.
Sep 1, 2014 12:43 PM

Feb 2014
Reddawg99 said:
nyaa.eu has been down for 3 full days now, and it was on their list. I don't think this was BS, I think they were laying groundwork to take as many sides down as possible at the same time.

I think if the Japanese government were to try and take down nyaa, they wouldn't DDoS it. There are much more efficient and decisive measures that could be taken (like with megaupload) - and since they're the government, I think they probably have the means to carry them out.
Sep 1, 2014 12:47 PM

Mar 2014
Toradoche said:
Reddawg99 said:

I think if the Japanese government were to try and take down nyaa, they wouldn't DDoS it. There are much more efficient and decisive measures that could be taken (like with megaupload) - and since they're the government, I think they probably have the means to carry them out.
Would Japan even have any power on their own to do something about Foreign sites? Pretty sure most countries wouldn't give a fuck about some Chinese Cartoon piracy if they were asked to do something about it.
Sep 1, 2014 12:51 PM

Feb 2014
I feel like this will be that time that Beyonce tried to get every picture of her from a concert off the internet.
Sorry Japan, not happening.

"Everything you see on the internet isn't true." -Abraham Lincoln
Sep 1, 2014 12:53 PM

Jun 2010
TT still down?
Heh, yesterday the nips over 2ch were all "Nyaa is down? whutever bruh, we have TT"
>their faces when MAG is DDoS'ing it too.

Anyway, it's not like they have to money to ping it forever. Just download your stuff from IRC bots in the time being.
Sep 1, 2014 1:38 PM
Apr 2013
brofreeze said:
Is there any sites that are still available to download anime? I always download at nyaa.se but it seems down right now.. I also download at anime.thehylia.com but it only allowed me to download 5 episodes/24 hours. For an anime lover like me, its not enough to download only 5 episodes/24 hours..I'm really appreciate if anyone can suggest any sites for me to download anime.

Its not like im supporting piracy. But, if a guy want to sell good stuff to u with expensive price (maybe reasonable or cheap for some people), and there is another guy offer the same good stuff for free, which would u choose? i would choose free stuffs.

There's also chauthanh.info
Sep 1, 2014 3:13 PM

Nov 2011
Reddawg99 said:

Yes, attacking foreign servers, I'm sure that would go over well.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Sep 1, 2014 4:02 PM

Oct 2013
From what I'm hearing it seems it's not the anti piracy government doing this, it sounds like hackers are the real culprits in this.

Crunchy roll, mal and other big sites has been attack by hackers, hackers have even gotten hold of celebrity nude pics and are posting them online. I don't think the government would DDoS these sites, instead they would've permanently shut down those sites.
Sep 1, 2014 4:03 PM

Mar 2014
rederoin said:
Reddawg99 said:

Yes, attacking foreign servers, I'm sure that would go over well.
Japan bombed Pearl Harbor, wouldn't put it passed them to DDoS some foreign site.
mclovinballzSep 1, 2014 4:07 PM
Sep 1, 2014 4:06 PM

Jan 2009
keragamming said:
From what I'm hearing it seems it's not the anti piracy government doing this, it sounds like hackers are the real culprits in this.

Crunchy roll, mal and other big sites has been attack by hackers, hackers have even gotten hold of celebrity nude pics and are posting them online. I don't think the government would DDoS these sites, instead they would've permanently shut down those sites.

well i agree with you because that is my guess too, hackers are on the loose all around the internet
Sep 1, 2014 4:13 PM
Mar 2013
tfw glorious EU law states that distributing unlicensed content for free is perfectly fine
Sep 1, 2014 4:43 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Oyukimaru said:

http://aramajapan.com/news/otaku/anime/japanese-government-launches-manga-anime-guardians-anti-piracy-project/4736/

Thanks, bruh.
The powerpoint on the front was taking awhile; I'm sure this pretty much a summary, so this helps.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Sep 1, 2014 4:56 PM

Mar 2014
Oyukimaru said:

lulz, that list is so huge. Nyaa shares the same domain name as the piratebay which seems untouchable to the resource powerhouse of the MPAA/RIAA, doubt Japan could even cough on it.
Sep 1, 2014 5:03 PM

Oct 2013
mclovinballz said:
Oyukimaru said:

lulz, that list is so huge. Nyaa shares the same domain name as the piratebay which seems untouchable to the resource powerhouse of the MPAA/RIAA, doubt Japan could even cough on it.

lol
Sep 1, 2014 5:13 PM

Jun 2010
keragamming said:

lol nope.
The Anti-Piracy related shutdowns are only with anime trackers and uploaders.
meaning: nyaa, TT and fansub groups.
They can't mess with CR (because of MPAA and stuff) nor MAL and other communities.
DDoS is just an easy way to cause discomfort, it's not like they have to money and resources to keep that during 5 months (like they say).
Sep 1, 2014 5:17 PM

Oct 2013
xbobx said:
keragamming said:

lol nope.
The Anti-Piracy related shutdowns are only with anime trackers and uploaders.
meaning: nyaa, TT and fansub groups.
They can't mess with CR (because of MPAA and stuff) nor MAL and other communities.
DDoS is just an easy way to cause discomfort, it's not like they have to money and resources to keep that during 5 months (like they say).

I was saying that the hackers are the ones behind this, not the ant piracy government. Crunchyroll and mal has been hacked if you did not know.
Sep 1, 2014 5:31 PM

Jun 2010
keragamming said:

I was saying that the hackers are the ones behind this, not the ant piracy government. Crunchyroll and mal has been hacked if you did not know.

Yes, I get it. And I'm saying that they are unrelated events.
The DDoS are most likely M.A.G. doing, while MAL was the classic SJJMaster and CR I have no idea.
Sep 1, 2014 5:43 PM

Oct 2013
xbobx said:
keragamming said:

Yes, I get it. And I'm saying that they are unrelated events.
The DDoS are most likely M.A.G. doing, while MAL was the classic SJJMaster and CR I have no idea.

Maybe, maybe not. Who knows it can go both ways.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (30) « First ... « 26 27 [28] 29 30 »

More topics from this board

» 'Overlord: Sei Oukoku-hen' Movie Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer, Fall 2024 Premiere

Doshigatai - Mar 22

6 by rikazkhan »»
1 minute ago

» 'Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Mar 4

1 by AxaraCereb »»
9 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 25

18 by MrShadowDUH »»
9 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Apr 25

9 by Playcool »»
11 hours ago

» 'Arknights: Rise From Ember' TV Anime Announced

DatRandomDude - Today

4 by Yona_Runcandel »»
Today, 11:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.